whatup2003

Get rid of all the sniper rifles

Did a quick search and i found 1 subject related to complete removal of sniper rifles. Considering the uber repetition in this forum, to me, this is a genuine suggestion, so worry not about the peeps posting carebear comments or aggressive dismissals. For they only go on this forum to humiliate peeps in order to bolster their self esteem.

Err personally noo matey, ive seen a few threads which are debating the OTT nature of some of the rifles, but complete removal? noo i dont think so. + Not everyone shoots on sight, but they may not make their presence known either XD

I say make military sniper rifles A LOT more rare, and remove the L85 AWS completely. Thermal/NV Scope has no place in the zombie apocalypse

I agree of remove SOME of snipers;

Who needs a AS50? M107? They are Anti-Material weapons that are USED against Armored Vehicles, not on people like you guys that own these guns do.

To balance the game, it should only have M24, SVD and DMR of Military Snipers, ONLY. And increase the spawn chance of CZ550 and later add some others more common civilian snipers rifles.

• Like 1

No. Just no. Learn to build yourself to the top of the food chain instead of whining about it.

Read plz. I'm already at the top of the food chain and had no problem staying there with ease.

Because once people get sniper rifles and/or rangefinders, all they do is camping in the woods outside of high population areas and snipe people. (I know most of the people I know did it, so did I for a brief period of time). At this point you are so far away from the zeds and you don't feel that this is a zombie appcalypse survival game at all. It's more like a sniping game with "zombie: the human detector" game.

Please consider getting rid of all the sniper rifles so everyone will need to get their hands dirty in some real zombie action.

TL;DR: Dayz shouldn't be a "Sniper Elite multiplayer with zombies in the distance as decorations". AND NO, I'm not the "snipee", this is your bored sniper speaking.

no need to get rid of them, just make ammo extremely rare.

no need to get rid of them, just make ammo extremely rare.

what's the point of making ammo extremely rare without fixing the replenish ammo bug?

Name one successful zombie game with people safely sitting miles away from any zombie threat and picking people off with snipers.

Just name one and I'll be going.

DayZ. Sorry, but, that's your cue to leave.

I understand this is a recurring issue for some people. Why didn't they learn their lesson the first time?

---

Honestly guys, why do threads like this get more attention than some of the most awesome ideas?

• Like 2

Clearly your low IQ prevents you from comprehending my point in this thread.

Off YOU go.

Oh okay, clearly your awesome IQ puts you above rational thought. You carry on picketing for the ridiculous, little Einstein. Good luck with that.

Edited by itputsthelotion

I understand this is a recurring issue for some people. Why didn't they learn their lesson the first time?

---

Honestly guys, why do threads like this get more attention than some of the most awesome ideas?

Sorry, but Dayz is not successful on the "end game" part imo. That's why it needs to improve.

No, it's my lucky number. I'm probably older than all you kiddies on this forum.

same story all over again... nothing new.

its all about trolling i guess

---

Because even the most frequent posters on here are trolls themselves and dont even know it, they find repetitive threads to belittle rather than even engaging peeps to see if it develops anywhere new.

Oh okay, clearly your awesome IQ puts you above rational thought. You carry on picketing for the ridiculous, little Einstein. Good luck with that.

Clearly asking you to post something rational and on-topic like some of the people who did here is an impossible task.

I'm not saying sniping doesn't take skill. I'm saying staying in the woods and sniping totally kills the feeling of a ZOMBIE appocalypse game.

I was talking about how hard it is to fire at range in real life.maybe a "slight" increase in sway at all stances will make it "slightly" harder for the snipers to get hits.If you hear a gun shot and are not hit with first shot then run for cover and get out of that area.

Zombie game:

Apocalypse-Survival game:

This, together with an millitary simulator, makes a perfect game.

Go and play Left 4 Dead if you're after zombies n shit.

Sorry, but Dayz is not successful on the "end game" part imo. That's why it needs to improve.

Finally, something constructive has come out of this thread!!

Check this out, my solution to add to the end game. Community built minigames on an ingame console.. They can be used as currency as the higher rated games become rare.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/38928-community-minigames-a-form-of-currency/

I was talking about how hard it is to fire at range in real life.maybe a "slight" increase in sway at all stances will make it "slightly" harder for the snipers to get hits.If you hear a gun shot and are not hit with first shot then run for cover and get out of that area.

Increasing the difficulty to snipe is good and all but long range sniping still kills the immersion of zombie appocalypse especially when there is no zombie spawning in the woods.

Not just the snipers but most of the military grade weaponry should be removed and a lot more civilian weaponry added but that has been suggested hundreds of times before.

Zombie game:

Apocalypse-Survival game:

This, together with an millitary simulator, makes a perfect game.

Go and play Left 4 Dead if you're after zombies n shit.

Even in Fallout there's no powerful sniper rifles which let you sit your butt miles away from danger and shoot all day. Survival? What survival? Sniping all day and occationally getting food and water is survival?

Clearly asking you to post something rational and on-topic like some of the people who did here is an impossible task.

You set the bar for irrationality so high...

Not just the snipers but most of the military grade weaponry should be removed and a lot more civilian weaponry added but that has been suggested hundreds of times before.

This. And Less ammo. I thought I read that once the game is out of alpha things will spawn a lot less. Hopefully this is true. Unfortunately for the time being we're going to have to play our zombie apocalypse simulator with people that think it's a military sim with zombies.

Amen to that brother. With uber powerful weapons Dayz just becomes a military sim with zombies as background.

Sniping all day and occationally getting food and water is survival?

Actually, it is. Survival is surviving to see another day, simple as that. If you'd play for the survival of the species, that'd be a whole other deal.

This. And Less ammo. I thought I read that once the game is out of alpha things will spawn a lot less. Hopefully this is true. Unfortunately for the time being we're going to have to play our zombie apocalypse simulator with people that think it's a military sim with zombies.

DUDE! you took the word right out of my mouth. LOL

Even in Fallout there's no powerful sniper rifles which let you sit your butt miles away from danger and shoot all day. Survival? What survival? Sniping all day and occationally getting food and water is survival?

Yes, the destaballizer (Not sure about the name).

Yes, it is survival. Killing others for supplies and weapons.

Hopefully this is true. Unfortunately for the time being we're going to have to play our zombie apocalypse simulator with people that think it's a military sim with zombies.

its because this apocalypse simulator doent give you a challenge a thus boring. so playin its as a military sim is the only option left