Rising (DayZ)

Third person vs First person view

I agree, it really depends if you can aim down sights in third person though (like you can in the mod), it could very well force you to either use third person and fire from the hip with no crosshair or go into the menu and change to first so you can aim down the sights. That might be a bit too annoying though.

Yeah I don't see that happening. Everyone would be complaining about third person being useless.

There has to be more to this solution because even leaving it as it is might be a better option. With the crosshair being removed, it's not like there would be any advantage using 1st person vs 3rd person + iron sights. Since it's a menu option rather than a toggle switch, everyone will simply stay in 3rd person, even those who have been using a combination of the two.

I'd like to know if Rocket has made any official statements about this. If he lets it go down to popularity then yeah, i'd imagine 3rd person will stay. However the game feels different when played in first person, and it is up to the devs' vision on how the game is to be, not just popularity and some people insisting it makes the game fun for them.

I'm positive he'll make the choice that induces the most TEARS, remember he requires your sweet sweet tears for his nourishment :)

(I wonder which choice that would be?)

Yeah I don't see that happening. Everyone would be complaining about third person being useless.

There has to be more to this solution because even leaving it as it is might be a better option. With the crosshair being removed, it's not like there would be any advantage using 1st person vs 3rd person + iron sights. Since it's a menu option rather than a toggle switch, everyone will simply stay in 3rd person, even those who have been using a combination of the two.

There would still be the problem of beeing to look beyond concealment... I liek the suggestion of having to go to a menu and switch out of 3P off to be able to use aiming fight...gives the guy who was "spotted" a chance to switch locations, either close in or run away.

Edited by Enforcer

I see third person as a compensation for a narrow field of view and the inability to peak over walls.

This.

For running and sneaking around I prefer 3th person, otherwise you have to Alt view constantly to see whats going on around you un less you have track Ir. For using weapons I highly prefer 1st person view, because it;s way more accurate aiming down the barrel of your gun/rifle.

What FDFJ said..........

and dead baby............

What the guy this guy referenced said.

And a majestic-ass unicorn.

However, I will miss not seeing my character's clothing. xD

HOLD ALT.

MOVE MOUSE DOWN.

(pretty fucking hard right??)

There would still be the problem of beeing to look beyond concealment... I liek the suggestion of having to go to a menu and switch out of 3P off to be able to use aiming fight...gives the guy who was "spotted" a chance to switch locations, either close in or run away.

True. Thinking about it, it does sound like a good compromise and it's the only way this solution makes any sense. But I can't imagine people who "like to look at their character" being happy about it at all having to manually switch to 1st person to fire.

3th person is stupid. :D

Give people the opportunity to take the easy way and they'll take it.

Very hard to find first person servers these days.

• Like 3

3rd person is most comfortable to use,no doubt,but the cheats ruin its benefits.The ultimate solution would be for the game to only show what the character can see in 1st person when in 3rd person.Would also love to hear if thats possible from a dev.Another solution would be to allow people to cheat except when they go prone....

TL:DR....force 1st person when prone

My vote is for locked first person all the way on normal-veteran servers. Third person should be unlocked on "special" servers titled EASYMODE in all caps. Players there spawn with a pistol too. Oh and crosshairs and peripheral dots are also on. Always fun to lie prone in third person and look at dots.

Edited by kaiga12
  • Like 5

if rocket had removed 3dp right from the inception of this mod, think of how peaceful the world would be..........

• Like 4

My vote is for locked first person all the way on normal-veteran servers. Third person should be unlocked on "special" servers titled EASYMODE in all caps. Players there spawn with a pistol too. Oh and crosshairs and peripheral dots are also on. Always fun to lie prone in third person and look at dots.

Or call it ARCADEMODE

regardless of what all the noobs say " 3RD PERSON HAS TO GO "..

And I've got a really good feeling it wont be in the next dayz game ^__^

Lets seriously hope not anyway.

peering over walls is retarded.

I really like the 3rd person view. I don't like having seizures from the head bobbing.

you can turn the head bob off haha!

negative.

you can turn the head bob off haha!

You know you can multiquote in your posts?? :P

Regardless if it has to go, some say a zombie apocalype isn't a realistic setting because there are no zombies...but what about a camera hanging 5m behind me...or did i miss something? Did they invent a technology that allows me to view my back and watch what i'm doing with a 3P app???

Edited by Enforcer

Here's an example.

Player A gets all of his gear on a server that has 3rd person enabled. He abuses the system to get what he needs, including nice weaponry, equipment, etc.

Player B gets his gear on a 1st person server, but has to play longer in order to do so, and is SEVERELY restricted in what servers he can play on, due to server ping, or settings.

Player A moves over to a 1st person server, and murders everyone with his better equipment that he got by more easily avoiding zeds, and other players.

As I said in an earlier post-

One or the other. Not both. Both is unacceptable.

Oh you dumdum.

Ever heard of a private hive?

I really hope you are correct.

1rst person with headbob turned almost all the way down = The best dayz experience.

3rd person is just an exploit.

I real life,, magically seeing over walls and around corners... seems legit

• Like 1

simplest of all ideas would be to zoom in more on the char in 3rd person and simultaneously reduce the angle. You'll see what is happening beside you as well just slightly behind you AND you wouldn't be able to look over e.g. higher walls. so this comes to the closest as offered in reality.

Edited by joe_mcentire

I would be willing to live with this. As long as it can't be used to gain an advantage.

I understand it is hard to simulate actual human vision on a computer screen. (until we get those super cool 180 degree glasses)

Damn Jan Pražák for him "3pv is more realistic coz I see what is happening around my character". Yes, he said that. Yes, he is an "Arma 2" developer. So it must be true...

As in this topic like in all those "1pv vs 3pv" over and over again "3pv is more realistic for awareness". More than 10 times in this topic I can read "I can see what my characters is doing". What do you mean?. Can you not see reloading, phronig, saluting, peeking, healing, repairing, whatevering in 1st person view?. Do I got a cheated Arma 2 engine?.

Damn you a billion times Jan Pražák. I love you for the game, I really love you much for this great game (DayZ is a very little part in my usage of Arma 2. CTI Warfare+@JSRS is the best part of this game for me)... but damn you till the end of time for your poor excuse. Give us an aerial view!!! the more higher, the merrier, more realistic!!.

Better awareness, I can see what is my character doing... and what more? Oh yes, head bobbing sickness. Despite FOV and head bobbing is heavily locked (using notepad? what am I? An engineer?)... yes... i do feel that sickness after 10 hours playing Warfare Benny Edition. Sure I could play 24h if I use 3pv.

People have spoken: +90% of DayZ servers are 3dp:on... nothing to argue about this... but it is one thing I want to say:

Rainbow Six Saga till Raven Shield: played by a bunch of freaks.

Rainbow Six: Lockdown & Vegas: better animations, 3pv, health regeneration: R.I.P. Rainbow Six.

(Same for Ghost Recon Saga till Island Thunder).

simplest of all ideas would be to zoom in more on the char in 3rd person and simultaneously reduce the angle. You'll see what is happening beside you as well just slightly behind you AND you wouldn't be able to look over e.g. higher walls. so this comes to the closest as offered in reality.

If you move the camera up too close your cahracter will fill up the screen and you won't see a lot of what's in front of you anymore. The closest what you can get in reality would still be a camera in the head, if you take the 1P view and zoom in you get a decent fov at the cost of a fish eye view, would be a better compromise to the current 1P view imo. I don't really need it since i use TrackIR and always keep my head rotating which has saved me a lot of times. Fov doesn't save you when you run around with blinders ( meaning a lot of players i watched before i shot them never really turned around or at least turned their head to watch their surroundings while running around, they would have seen me it they had at least done the headturn )

I would be willing to live with this. As long as it can't be used to gain an advantage.

I understand it is hard to simulate actual human vision on a computer screen. (until we get those super cool 180 degree glasses)

Let's wait what happens with the Rift, if that thing comes out as a final product and at least offers a 720p resolution although i would prefer a 1080p but i don't know how if 720p is already enough at goggle distance, at least this device promises a 110° fov maybe even with an option to have a head tracker. I'm already thinking about getting me a developer kit just to test it out instead of a 21:9 monitor. But i doubt many DayZ players will actually use this because they already have a tight budget regarding computers and you need some GPU power to run the double load graphics wise.

What? Are you kidding me? Removing 3rd person? Are you crazy?

If dont like then switch it to 1person,you have choice,omg this threads areeeeee sooo codish

Edited by dayzisthebest