rocket

Timing of Patch 1.5.8

No' date=' you bought ArmA 2 that happens to have a FREE modification that happens to be ridiculously awesome! :)

[/quote']

Indirectly, thanks for reading tho... /facepalm

I'm sure they appreciate all of you network experts telling them how to update the mod they know and understand better than anyone else' date=' including you. Please stop telling them how to handle their business and have a few days of patience. They know this system far better than any of you could ever imagine and probably laugh at the naivety of your suggestions.

[/quote']

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but you are wrong. Though I myself don't know much about the topic, I know people who do and they are all shaking their heads at how some things are being handled. I'm not saying the devs aren't doing what they know how and what they think works the best at the moment, but it is simply ignorant to say that they are the pinnacle of knowledge on the subject just because they are using X system for the mod. I don't mean this as an attack on you personally just the way of thinking displayed in your post, there is always someone more knowledgeable on a subject.

If only Rocket had more time so he could hear out some of the people who possibly have more knowledge and experience than the people currently on the team, he might find things could be going smoother.

@Rocket, keep at it.

I agree, keep at it as you see fit.

But really, as to this post... People shaking their heads and feeling that they are right... Or being certain that they are right means exactly zero.

There may be factors that they don't understand and more.

These kinds of things start to edge into the psychology that of all people, *I* am the one who knows better. Sure, you may be that person, but saying something basic that anyone would think of within five minutes of having a generic problem similar to this is just...I don't know. People have a right to post, but it offends the sensibility. As I said before, some of these posts, background head-shaking or not, smack of "is it plugged in" sort of advice. For the folks like me that grind their teeth a little and feel that we have to comment to slow these people down, maybe we should just avoid this thread... I will, from now on until the actual deployment of 1.5.8 is announced.

L

Everyone should stop complaining. Its an awsome Mod, gets updated alot, the development team keep up updated as much as they can, an they are not even getting paid for this mod (its all in there free time) so come on poeple, should be in game instead of on forums complaining.

DayZ Forever! :D

Edit: I dont mean to offend any one because I know there are alot of people who are not complaining and are giving some great advice! its just the minority that just need to realise its free and alpha.

No' date=' you bought ArmA 2 that happens to have a FREE modification that happens to be ridiculously awesome! :)

[/quote']

You can't buy something indirectly, its like saying you bought a car to indirectly support a specific brand like porsche. Just stop complaining for once, just be happy Rocket even created this awesome modification.

If you think the server will crash because of all the people connecting after the patch, you don't understand how it works. Every server runs its own queuing system (HIVE) for connections. We're able to handle all these players connecting and sending messages right now while live. The patch would only reduce load while people are busy updating their versions, then slowly ramp it back up to normal. A player getting the incorrect version screen or failing to login is going to use less resources than one running around the map alive, anyway.

Worse comes to worse, the DB server gets overloaded and you can't get on? Oh well, wait a couple hours. It'll be fine. Just be patient.

Hey guys' date='

Just a friendly reminder to say; try and keep a level head when posting. I can feel this thread starting to get a little more hostile (only slightly) as people's frustration starts to thicken.

Remember (as much of an asshole I may sound saying this), the mod is just that, a mod. You didn't pay for it, thus you haven't really helped (apart from some great feedback) support the development at all. We as a community have no right to be angry or upset that an anticipated update isn't quite out yet. And of course, remember the Alpha fact, meaning different things will be trialled through development, which includes patching and server loads, etc. Not just the mod itself.

I know everyone is excited, but just be nice to each other while you wait and be patient. After all, it's not like the servers are all down for maintenance, so you can still be enjoying what brought you here.

Rocket and team - keep up the good work. Take your time and good luck. The community ultimately backs you 100%.

Cheers.

[/quote']

The only reason i bought arma 2 was for this mod, even tho no money went to you guys, indirectly; i bought it.

Please tell me you've at LEAST tried some different gametypes aside from DayZ? Not that this is a bad mod but Arma definitely has a lot of fun games to offer aside from this

I'm wondering why Servers are messed up again. Another Patch update, Server Upgrade?

I'm just pissed because I can't get in a server, I'm just waiting on a "Waiting for Server Response" screen. Rocket said to wait and that's what I did, waited an hour and I just got off, I ain't waiting any longer lol. I'll come back tonight. Night has been the only time I could play and night time is a real bitch, lmao.

Love you Rocket Team, keep at it, as the others said. Maybe BIS direct support will be faster servers and I swear to God, they better not charge us for Day Z.

Indirectly' date=' thanks for reading tho... /facepalm

[/quote']

You didn't a license to DayZ, indirectly, or otherwise.

I downloaded Zombie Panic: Source 3 days ago, does that mean I own a copy to it? No.

A mod is not a real game. All it does is change, add, or configure certain files to change the way a game plays. So no, Mr. Entitlement, you didn't buy shit.

I'm wondering why Servers are messed up again. Another Patch update' date=' Server Upgrade?

I'm just pissed because I can't get in a server, I'm just waiting on a "Waiting for Server Response" screen. Rocket said to wait and that's what I did, waited an hour and I just got off, I ain't waiting any longer lol. I'll come back tonight. Night has been the only time I could play and night time is a real bitch, lmao.

- snip -

[/quote']

It might have to do with it being Sunday (more people off?), or just more players, as word gets out about the mod? It does seem to be worse than last night, but rejoining if it takes over ~5 minutes usually gets me in. Try that maybe. Supposedly 1.5.8 helps, or fixes (?) the Waiting for Server Response problem.

People are so anxious for the mod that they're turning on each other. The constructive critics lacking knowledge VS the self-appointed moderators and defenders of the realm. DayZ was just the bait – this board is the real social experiment. Eventually, rocket will stop posting and the lights will go out, and the people here will spiral further out of control, until their tears flow steady into a machine that filters them into Kool-Aid.

People are so anxious for the mod that they're turning on each other. The constructive critics lacking knowledge VS the self-appointed moderators and defenders of the realm. DayZ was just the bait – this board is the real social experiment. Eventually' date=' rocket will stop posting and the lights will go out, and the people here will spiral further out of control, until their tears flow steady into a machine that filters them into Kool-Aid.

Waters the taste down, leave now noob. You don't know anything. I am a 20 year veteran in the field of tear tasting, learn your shit.

sarcasm

I go out for an hour and a half and 1.5.8 STILL isnt out.

Gosh darn it rocket and crew, talk about a disapointment.

Don't make me go back to reading books!

Hopefully the new patch fixes these issues.

But with that said just be patient :)

Everyone should stop complaining.

I still don't understand. Where is anyone saying "WAHH! GET THE PATCH UP YOU ASSHOLES! I'M TIRED OF WAITING!"

I see people who are very excited and want the patch now... I have yet to see a single person complaining in a "I DONT GET IT" way that the patch isn't up yet. The most I saw was someone saying "aw, thought I'd wake up to the patch, oh well, back to waiting!".

Everyone should stop complaining.

I still don't understand. Where is anyone saying "WAHH! GET THE PATCH UP YOU ASSHOLES! I'M TIRED OF WAITING!"

I see people who are very excited and want the patch now... I have yet to see a single person complaining in a "I DONT GET IT" way that the patch isn't up yet. The most I saw was someone saying "aw' date=' thought I'd wake up to the patch, oh well, back to waiting!".

[/quote']

This.

Just proves that on the interwebz, opinions no matter how mild, and having them... is all under the domain of "complaining".

[/quote']

You can't buy something indirectly, its like saying you bought a car to indirectly support a specific brand like porsche. Just stop complaining for once, just be happy Rocket even created this awesome modification.

If someone has Gun, and says "If you bring me a bullet, i'll give you this gun for free", i will go buy the bullet, to get the gun. This is the same solution.

[/quote']

If someone has Gun, and says "If you bring me a bullet, i'll give you this gun for free", i will go buy the bullet, to get the gun. This is the same solution.

Silly analogy.

Bullets are essential for the operation of a weapon, mods are not essential for the operation of a game.

As a (somewhat) better analogy, it'd be like buying a gun and then expecting a company to give you an optic, suppressor, foregrip, etc for free.

Hey guys settle up ay haha i think I know how the servers all run and connect

There is a main server with all the user data then there is game servers the ones we connect to

When we connect to a server that server then connects or asks the mainserver for your user data. I think the resion it take so long is because say there are 100 servers all 50 slot say if all 100 servers updated Evy one will d/c but then when evyone jumps back On, the 100 severs now creates 50 connects per server to the main server. So around 5000 people will be requesting user data from one server. Now I think how we could make this work better is have a mainserver(backup) then each country has a hub that connects to the main server and that way instead of having 100 servers world wide we now only have say 10 connecting back to the main server don't know if you understand it's hard to explane on an iPhone whe your at work trying not to get seen by superviser :) but anyways then they could roll out updates country by country same way as irc servers work don't know if it's possible todo or if thats how it is now but hey I tryed lol sorry about spelling and shit on my iPhone

Hey guys settle up ay haha i think I know how the servers all run and connect

There is a main server with all the user data then there is game servers the ones we connect to

When we connect to a server that server then connects or asks the mainserver for your user data. I think the resion it take so long is because say there are 100 servers all 50 slot say if all 100 servers updated Evy one will d/c but then when evyone jumps back On' date=' the 100 severs now creates 50 connects per server to the main server. So around 5000 people will be requesting user data from one server. Now I think how we could make this work better is have a mainserver(backup) then each country has a hub that connects to the main server and that way instead of having 100 servers world wide we now only have say 10 connecting back to the main server don't know if you understand it's hard to explane on an iPhone whe your at work trying not to get seen by superviser :) but anyways then they could roll out updates country by country same way as irc servers work don't know if it's possible todo or if thats how it is now but hey I tryed lol sorry about spelling and shit on my iPhone

[/quote']

Fo shizzle ma Nizzle!

[/quote']

Then you have been given something, you are not allowed to complain if you get anything for free.

[/quote']

Wow you must not have gotten what he meant...

The only reason I bought arma 2 was for this mod too /highfive buddy told me about love zombie games. Still haven't even played arma just been dayz all the way

Just my two cents:

They delay on the patch isn't a bad thing. It's not nice, but I think most people can live with it. What bugs me personally, is the lack of communication. It's ok to delay. Delay it all you want. Just tell us why.

It's driving me crazy not to know what is going on. The last official word from you guys was over 24 hrs ago. That's a serious issue.

Other than that, lovely work.

[/quote']

Wow you must not have gotten what he meant...

The only reason I bought arma 2 was for this mod too /highfive buddy told me about love zombie games. Still haven't even played arma just been dayz all the way

Same here. I even wonder if it's even enjoyable to play the ArmA II single player campaigns because you gotta juggle the A.I while you're handling the mission, right?