Ander (DayZ)

Arma2 patch build 94997 now running on some servers

Check here > http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php Put this in your favorites, The green bar at the top is always the latest Arma II beta patch, Check this every day at least.

As for the latest DayZ version, Just keep an eye on the "DayZ Announcements" section of the forums here > http://dayzmod.com/f...-announcements/ ... Easy peasy. :)

Latest beta patch not always that works!

Sad, but true

One problem, everytime I open SixLauncher the shit wants me to update, I close it, re-do steps 2-6, still wants me to update... ??

I only got the update once and then I re-did step 2-6 and the next time I run SIX launcher it only wanted me to verify. After that, I can play without any problem. Did you get multiple update? If yes, try to skip step 4 after update. If that still doesn't work, I'm confused cause it works for me.

Edited by Jacques

download.bistudio.com:21 asks for a password. nice

Would like to update...but...I don't have access...to anything...I'm an admin...at least I pay like one...

Disregard, I'm blind.

Edited by Max Planck

Latest beta patch not always that works!

Sad, but true

Well my server provider updated to 997 and i tried installing the betapatch and it doesnt work. Still 1.60. And when i got the six launcher ( the recommended isntall from dayz ) it doesnt install 997.... brilliant...

Running 1.7.2.3 1.61.95054

BattlEye v 1.61.94945+

on DE21 and UK01....running great here on the client side.

Edited by Drogur

Running 1.7.2.3 1.61.95054

BattlEye v 1.61.94945+

on DE21....running great here on the client side.

Same, seem to be 95054 is good, BUT...

I've tried to login in some other servers - no chance.

Tried to reinstall 94876, when login in to server - Arma 2 stop to responding and shows desktop.

NIce... Delete beta folder, installed 94876, and still got Arma 2 stops responding!

What I have to do?

Edited by Guest

To back in versions you need to reinstall the whole game....says so in a dialog box as a warning, when you run the latest beta patch exe...

Edited by Drogur

To back in versions yuo need to reinstall the whole game....says so in a dialog box as a warning, when you run the latest beta patch exe...

No comments how genius that is!

What about not making a damn beta every two days and made them instead backward-compatible?

BI is making the beta... not rocket. and they are backwards compatible. Go read a book.

Got this working last night but gameplay was really choppy for me (FR16), It could have just been me or the server but earlier beta patches seemed to handle much better for me.

<br />Same, seem to be 95054 is good, BUT...<br />I've tried to login in some other servers - no chance.<br />Tried to reinstall 94876, when login in to server - Arma 2 stop to responding and shows desktop.<br />NIce... Delete beta folder, installed 94876, and still got Arma 2 stops responding!<br />What I have to do?

Try to do the steps I've posted at page 7. Hope that works for ya. I once also got OA not responding and I can fix it without the need of re-install. If the SIX Launcher keep forcing you to update and update again, try to skip step 4.

Edited by Jacques

If you need to downgrade a beta install, just delete the contents of the beta dir, and then install the one you want.. but for the latest betas 94945+, you will also need to delete your BE install, and manually install the previous version (both older and current are on the same page posted in the OP).

People complain that they can't run a server like they want to. People complain that they can't make server settings to their own choosing.. THIS IS WHY ALL SERVER ADMINS SHOULD BE UP TO DATE.... if you're running a server, you're doing it to facilitate testing, not your own clans playground.

Once the code is stable, and out of BETA.. and remembering that this is ALPHA, then there should be not be a reason to not have different flavours of dayz game servers.. but until then, bug finding and patching would go a hell of a lot easier if all servers just upgraded as soon as they can, regardless of what that servers playerbase wants..

Oh, and if you are a server admin, and you update your server, for the love of god, please update your server description, so that you don't cause 1000's of reconnects and hammering the hive, becasue the server version and description don't match.. and yes, I'm even talking about something as simple as GMT offset and CH:0/1

/rant

**and breath....

Edited by Skinman

People complain that they can't run a server like they want to. People complain that they can't make server settings to their own choosing.. THIS IS WHY ALL SERVER ADMINS SHOULD BE UP TO DATE.... if you're running a server, you're doing it to facilitate testing, not your own clans playground.

AMEN to that !!!

I got the "wrong cd key" prompt too, but I could skip past that install the beta patch..

Yeah, I've had this on the last two beta patch installs but just skipped past it and carried on.

Can someone tell me if it's something I should be concerned about? Game seems to run fine in-spite of this.

just tried, entered two servers without problems, have noticed loading has improved drastically. Ingame fps is very nice. I don't have any sound ingame though. When entering the audio menu and altering the sound volume I hear the normal "cannot fire" sentence, but no sound ingame.

Can someone tell me if it's something I should be concerned about? Game seems to run fine in-spite of this.

Nah, don't worry about the "wrong cd-key" thing. It should be all fine.

Nah, don't worry about the "wrong cd-key" thing. It should be all fine.

That's what I figured as everything seems to run as it should, just a little disconcerting is all.

Thanks for the clarification.

Could someone explain me the difference between the 95054 beta patch and the 95054 RC#2 patch?

Granted, and agree. I am a server admin and i dont have a clan. I have 50 server slot just because i like the game.

But i cant get inside my own server now, because six launcher doesnt update to 997. As an admin i always recommended all the people who ask me how to join my server to download lix launcher. Now i have to explain a gazilion steps just so they can get a WRONG CD KEY when they try to install beta patch, and when they manage to not get the error, the bet patch doesnt install.

So now, even as an admin i am waiting for freaking six launcher to auto update. Meanwhile my server has 1 player online.