Ander (DayZ)

Arma2 patch build 94997 now running on some servers

Six launcher will get confused with so many updates in a short space of time, from different sources..

You should really learn how to launch from a proper arma launcher, and do manual updates (they don't always work either, but at least you will know what to roll back)..

Check this yt vid out.. it's outdated, but it will point you in the direction of everything you need...

thankyou a did it the way on the vid but with obv the updated patches etc and it works

i say it works i manged to get into a game aslong as the server is running the latest patch aswell all the other servers were jsut freezing on wait for host screeen

on this new patch server the FPS is amazing like a different game haha

thnx for all help

k so just wondering, if i download the new beta patch right now and install the exe, will joining a game (not using six launcher, lets just say ill use dayzcommander) autoupdate my battleye as well? or do i need to manually update my battleye after updating my beta manually?

i have just had many problems with doing this and recently had to go through a whole mess reinstalling battleye

Edited by ssjenforcer

k so just wondering, if i download the new beta patch right now and install the exe, will joining a game (not using six launcher, lets just say ill use dayzcommander) autoupdate my battleye as well? or do i need to manually update my battleye after updating my beta manually?

i have just had many problems with doing this and recently had to go through a whole mess reinstalling battleye

I just updated normally, didn't tinker with BattlEye. Works just fine.

When the arma 2 patch is finaly official please take a moment to level the playing field when it comes to server and dayz versions. It is such a mess out there.

I just updated normally, didn't tinker with BattlEye. Works just fine.

ok but what is normally for you? just like 2 or 3 quick steps, how did you update when a new beta comes out?

Support for >4GB VRAM anyone?

:rolleyes: :lol: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans:

ok but what is normally for you? just like 2 or 3 quick steps, how did you update when a new beta comes out?

1. Delete 'beta' folder', it's in the 'expansion' folder in Arma OA. I delete the beta shortcut as well, don't know if it is necessary.

2. Run the exe for the new beta.

3. That's it.

so now theres loads of tech crap i need to know in order to play the game.

screw this

Well I have tried other methods that people have posted here and it's still not working. I am still getting that "Battleeye Initialization Failed" the beta is showing as 94997 just for some reason Battleeye refuses to work. The funny thing also is I found that other folder under Local and there where no .DLL files in the Battleeye folder there so I copy and pasted them into it and it still didn't work.

why dont the dayz people make a launcher that just installs whats needed to play the game ?

making everything ten times harder than needs to be

tried to follow the steps to get this working and now the whole thing is broken, cant launch anything.

i will be avoiding anything with the word beta or alpha in future

tried to follow the steps to get this working and now the whole thing is broken, cant launch anything.

That's the spirit!

• Like 2

so now theres loads of tech crap i need to know in order to play the game.

screw this

browsing folders in windows 7 and copying files into them aren't "tech stuff".

maybe time to go back to that box hooked up to TV?

• Like 1

what you need to remember is people are not all pc savy. you maybe but not everyone else is.

why do you think installers are made ? i play games as big as this in alpha and beta that get as many patches as this and as often and they have simple installers that work . this needs to be done for this game

Good for you, but we honestly don't care about your opinion. Your comment, and by extension mine, is not helpful in anyway.

So try refraining from expressing your opinion and keeping it to yourself :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Im totally with Hazedaze. If you cant handle the concept of there being folders on your computer and folders within them. aka a folder structure then you should step away from the computer.

All n all this is a beta patch as people are calling it. If you dont think you can do what is required. DONT. use the six launcher and all will be fine.

Edited by Boby

Well realistically this has nothing to do with Day Z for me this has to do with Battleeye I have the current beta up and running just fine. Now only if I could get Battleeye to work id be happy lol. I think to the people having problem with installing the beta file need to realize that when you reinstall the beta it replaces the arma2oa exe so you need to go back and use the new one to start your game then it will show the correct build.

Edited by IrishDiabhal

OK Guys here's how i did this :

- Go to \<your arma game dir>\Expansion\ -> delete the beta folder there

- Download new Beta Zip-file from here : http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/

- Save ARMA2_OA_Build_95054.zip somewhere, extract it and run ARMA2_OA_Build_95054.exe

- The Beta patch should be installed properly then.

Now for Battleeye :

- Go to \<your arma game dir>\Battleye -> delete beclient.dll and beserver.dll

- Go to \<your arma game dir>\Expansion\Battleeye -> delete beclient.dll and beserver.dll

- Download the new .dll from here :

http://www.battleye....61/BEClient.dll

http://www.battleye....61/BEServer.dll

- Save or Copy them into both directories ->

\<your arma game dir>\battleeye

\<your arma game dir>\expansion\battleye

Remember -> U NEED TO DO THIS TWICE !! The files must go in both directories !!

Finally go to

C:\Users\<your current username>\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye -> delete beclient.dll

Start with your Arma OA Beta shortcut and everything should work fine.

Edited by pyr0h

I didn't do any of the BattlEye stuff, it still works.

Went straight to 95054 from 94700, maybe that's why?

Edited by Max Planck

what you need to remember is people are not all pc savy. you maybe but not everyone else is.

why do you think installers are made ? i play games as big as this in alpha and beta that get as many patches as this and as often and they have simple installers that work . this needs to be done for this game

we are not living in stone age. using windows os shouldnt be hard that was all Im saying.

Edited by hazedaze

OK Guys here's how i did this :

- Go to \<your arma game dir>\Expansion\ -> delete the beta folder there

- Download new Beta Zip-file from here : http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/

- Save ARMA2_OA_Build_95054.zip somewhere, extract it and run ARMA2_OA_Build_95054.exe

- The Beta patch should be installed properly then.

Now for Battleeye :

- Go to \<your arma game dir>\Battleye -> delete beclient.dll and beserver.dll

- Go to \<your arma game dir>\Expansion\Battleeye -> delete beclient.dll and beserver.dll

- Download the new .dll from here :

http://www.battleye....61/BEClient.dll

http://www.battleye....61/BEServer.dll

- Save or Copy them into both directories ->

\<your arma game dir>\battleeye

\<your arma game dir>\expansion\battleye

Remember -> U NEED TO DO THIS TWICE !! The files must go in both directories !!

Finally go to

C:\Users\<your current username>\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye -> delete beclient.dll

Start with your Arma OA Beta shortcut and everything should work fine.

Just tried this and still gives me "battleye initialization failed". The funny thing is I did go into my local file area and noticed that there wasn't even a beclient.dll in that folder there was nothing in that folder so I copyed it manually and still didn't work. Thanks for trying though.

Christ, I hope they never port arma3, or any arma to console.. (not that any console could actually deal with it)...

I don't think I could cope with the whining..

Read the threads people.

I've tried my best to answer direct questions, but it's just getting too much; And thats from a forum user, never mind the mods, who must be getting hammered..

IF IT DOESN'T WORK, READ THE THREAD FROM THE OP DOWN.. can it really be that hard? please? *sob*

• Like 2

Christ, I hope they never port arma3, or any arma to console.. (not that any console could actually deal with it)...

I don't think I could cope with the whining..

Read the threads people.

I've tried my best to answer direct questions, but it's just getting too much; And thats from a forum user, never mind the mods, who must be getting hammered..

IF IT DOESN'T WORK, READ THE THREAD FROM THE OP DOWN.. can it really be that hard? please? *sob*

You wouldn't be talking to me would you.