Ander (DayZ)

Arma2 patch build 94997 now running on some servers

the game wont load any servers. it keeps saying host new session. i was playing earlyer

Dude its an alpha! We are meant to be testing & reporting bugs ... Its a alpha ..... Things WILL break! ... I accept that, I don't give a shite lol.

You sir are a freaking genius.

We are testing the DayZ mod, not testing betas of BI patches or BattleEye. You do realize the devs get better information on bugs in their mod, when they don't have to wade thru bugs in programming outside of their control don't you? The best way to do that is to mandate that the clients and servers be on the same versions. Everyone on the same level and everyone submitting bugs for that level.

• Like 7

This loves to crash my game when I get into a server.

• Like 1

Well, I wouldn't be wearing a ghillie when you join a server with this beta patch. Lost all of my gear and ended up with a broken leg. Not sure how.

• Like 1

Suggestion.

Make an installer that has everything in one package and just needs to be double-clicked.

Have it install the latest version of the mod, the latest compatible beta patch, and then edit launch options/replace armaoa.exe.

When someone posts a bug or needs troubleshooting help, it would be as easy as asking what version they installed last, and telling them to update. (ok not really)

I realize that this isn't really realistic at the moment, but it would ensure that everyone is on the same page and it would avoid a lot of problems.

Ok, I'm dreaming.. carry on. :P

Edited by Cyanyde
  • Like 3

Suggestion.

Make an installer that has everything in one package and just needs to be double-clicked.

Have it install the latest version of the mod, the latest compatible beta patch, and then edit launch options/replace armaoa.exe.

When someone posts a bug or needs troubleshooting help, it would be as easy as asking what version they installed last, and telling them to update. (ok not really)

I realize that this isn't really realistic at the moment, but it would ensure that everyone is on the same page and it would avoid a lot of problems.

Ok, I'm dreaming.. carry on. :P

Six updater does exactly what you say and has done for around 2 months now :P bet you feel a tad silly now lol

Ok, so I ran the installer and verified the md5sums.

The http://www.battleye.com/download.html says the md5sums are as follows:

However, after running the installer, my md5sums were:

So somehow, the BEClient.dll installed by the installer and the file available for manual install at the website are not of the same version. Which one do I use?

I downloaded the DLL manually and it worked.

BUT I can only connect to one server and that is DE 54. It's rare to find another server I can connect to.

Six updater does exactly what you say and has done for around 2 months now :P bet you feel a tad silly now lol

Um no. Sixupdater is a separate program that doesn't do anything I said up above..

Read the post again dude.. bet you feel a lot silly now, eh?

:P

I'm talking about a single exe file that gets updated with each major update. 1.5.0, 1.6.0, 1.7.0 etc..

You could still release hotfixes etc between builds, and these in turn could be packed in an exe installer, or applied manually/via six updater.

Edited by Cyanyde
  • Like 1

to all with that crash error

Six Launcher will downgrade if you start you game using it, doesnt matter if you disabled it in options..

Newest BattleEye + old Arma = crash

make sure that your version displayed ingame is the correct new one

Server & Client update from 94945 to 94997 went super smooth :)

Edited by azunai
  • Like 1

Ok, so I ran the installer and verified the md5sums.

So somehow, the BEClient.dll installed by the installer and the file available for manual install at the website are not of the same version. Which one do I use?

I know why now. The automated installer linked in the first post installs BattlEye Client v1.162, while the latest is v1.163. A manual install from http://www.battleye.com/download.html will install v1.163, the latest version. I am not sure which version to use, but I guess it's the latest version.

Edited by Vitdom

http://cache.www.gam.../b_560_95_1.png

Your server hasnt been full since last night afaik. Just wait for people to update according to the instructions and you'll be fine and back up to 60 players.

The patch fixes a lot of issues that improves performance. Support for >4GB VRAM anyone?

Dupe fixes and more.

Does that mean we can set -maxMem=2047 commandline parameter higher than 2047 ?

So whats the highest value we can set now? Since its an 32bit process it can't access more than 4GB I guess?

So far my performance increased with every Arma2 beta patch + DayZ patch. Since the last 3 Arma beta updates my fps drops are nearly gone. Especially the new tbb4 version gave me a huge boost.

Great work Rocket, DayZ Dev. Team & BI =) We appreciate your the effort.

Edited by peters

The automated installer is indeed 2 DLLs older than latest on the site.

There'll be a release of new automated installer about tomorrow which will bring them in line with eachother. (No more DLL version confusion).

VRAM is for clientside (video ram) so should give boost to clients with beefy specs.

• Like 1

Anders

I joined a few other servers after I couldn't Join mine as I had reverted the patch back and batteleye auto updated to 1.163 so hopefully that's the release out there.

I'm guessing as early patch adopters we run the risk of problems etc...

people want to play dayz, not visit websites here to download 1 file then another website to download a be update.

Half the gamers don't even visit this forum so will have NO IDEA about a BE update.

Sort your shit out.

• Like 1

The patch fixes a lot of issues that improves performance. Support for >4GB VRAM anyone?

What was it previously supporting?

people want to play dayz, not visit websites here to download 1 file then another website to download a be update.

Half the gamers don't even visit this forum so will have NO IDEA about a BE update.

Sort your shit out.

Those "half" of the gamers who don't visit this forum won't know about the newest build, and therefore sticking to what they have without any problems.

yeah because BE is monged for this update, any other time it auto updates on the servers.

yeah because BE is monged for this update, any other time it auto updates on the servers.

BE dont auto update the DLLs on the servers. It only update other data, this means that the DLL used by Arma2 in the past is at least 2 years outdated.

These updates will improve cheat prevention (note: I didnt say solve, but improve).

And if you didnt read my OP, we're collecting data before the bigger release tomorrow so shit dont hit the fan bigtime if we roll it out to everyone.

I'd assume that those who do read forums want to help out and test out the earliest stuff... Maybe Im posting testing info to the wrong place....

• Like 10

I'd assume that those who do read forums want to help out and test out the earliest stuff... Maybe Im posting testing info to the wrong place....

you should know by now that poeple love complaining in the forums. don't let that get you down. a lot of us will help and test and never complain. ;)

Edited by Ganjastar
  • Like 2

But the point is dayz is forced to have the latest patches so most people don't have a choice in the matter if they want to test it or not.

I'd assume that those who do read forums want to play dayz too..

"Maybe Im posting testing info to the wrong place..."

Maybe so,.. using a player base to test your arma fail patches,get a small group or even pay people to do it instead..like any other normal company.

I am not going to lick your arse because your name is in purple, sometimes you need people like me to tell you how it is.

Edited by MessHall

But the point is dayz is forced to have the latest patches so most people don't have a choice in the matter if they want to test it or not.

I'd assume that those who do read forums want to play dayz too..

"Maybe Im posting testing info to the wrong place..."

Maybe so,.. using a player base to test your arma fail patches,get a small group or even pay people to do it instead..like any other normal company.

We are not a company.

This is an alpha with quick development cycle.

You are all our testers. Something breaks - we work on a fix. Simple as that :)

• Like 13

But the point being if it wasn't on such a massive scale and most servers start running it to revert and what not, you'd have far less problems in the forums.

You don't need EVERYONE near enough testing it... it doesn't help anything, i'm sorry not on patches, you don't need tonnes of people for it.