Ander (DayZ)

Arma2 patch build 94997 now running on some servers

Everything working here.

Just for your information I updated BE with the last beta build, 94945.

I already noticed a performance improvement with 94945 and things are even better with 94997.

It is possible to join a server running build 94945 with a 94997 client (there is absolutly no reason to do so, I was just testing).

If you happen to see a green bicycle with a bell but no light to shine, it's mine, I lost it with the new beta install :facepalm: near the Oil Fields.

Lets hope that the offical 1.6.1 release comes soon (along with the new DLC).

Thanks.

I can only play on 94945+ servers since the whole radical BE updates. Even a total reinstall of everything didn't work (wanted to go to 94876 again). Everything below 94945 causes my arma 2 OA to stop working once I'm almost fully loaded into the server.

atm I'm running 94997 and everything is going smooth but the server numbers are still low.

Running smooth (Client). Game is running much faster and a lot of the desync issues I was having are pretty much gone. Just have to play on updated servers until our provider updates ours.

I was testing the ammo tracking and is working to a degree. It tracks the ammo on the first magazine that is on your inventory. I shot 3 shots with pistol and 3 shots with m4, I had a mag of m107 rounds as the first one in my inventory. Logged out and back in, the stanag rounds are full, the pistol rounds are full, but the m107 mag is missing 6 bullets. Moved things around a bit to have a full stanag mag first on my inventory, logged out and back in. The stanag is missing the 6 bullets, the m107 is full. So the game seems to be saving bullets as a whole no matter type.

Edited by anonymous83

to all with that crash error

Six Launcher will downgrade if you start you game using it, doesnt matter if you disabled it in options..

Newest BattleEye + old Arma = crash

make sure that your version displayed ingame is the correct new one

Server & Client update from 94945 to 94997 went super smooth :)

Aha that is why my Arma2 stopped working after I tried to downgrade DayZ.

Thanks for clearing this out, guess there is no going back for me heh.

people want to play dayz, not visit websites here to download 1 file then another website to download a be update.

Half the gamers don't even visit this forum so will have NO IDEA about a BE update.

Sort your shit out.

If your statement is true,then "half the gamers" should get their shit together and start alfa testing (or is it beta tester even for alfa version?).

Btw Im not saying I'm the pinnacle of beta tester,but at least I don't biatch if I have to manually download some stuff in order to play/test alfa version.

Hi everyone

We installed the updates on DE 397 and the performance is much better. The desyncs are less than before, but still there.

Keep up the good work :)

Cheers

Polli

You don't need EVERYONE near enough testing it... it doesn't help anything, i'm sorry not on patches, you don't need tonnes of people for it.

is this your mod or how do you know what they need?

maybe we should stick to our job, which is testing stuff, and let them do their job, which is making decissions and coding stuff.

and maybe we can get something out of this at the end.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Figured I'd update and test out, since it will be required tomorrow anyway - but I am finding 0 servers running version 94977.

This makes me nervous. I had the stuck waiting for host with 94945 with no resolution except to revert to 94876 and have no way to determine if I'll have the same issue with 94977.

Also - you guys really do need to get just a little bit more organized. Far too many servers and players at the moment to keep going with the same old, throw it out there and hope someone reads the right post in the right thread at the right time method.

EDIT: SO it helps if you type in the correct number version. 94997. Not 977. Found them. Will give it a whirl.

Edited by EliJRn

I plan to push this update tonight on my server, but need to know here that the players will not have to also update their battleye dll files. This is the case, correct?

Added cheat protection is so sorely needed.

Okay so if someone could help me out...

Updated to the 94997 beta. Downloaded the .dll files for BattleEye and pasted them into the specified folders (overwrote old files). Every 94997 server I try to join I get: BattleEye Initialization failed.

RESOLVED: Ran the setup.exe. Appears to have solved the problem.

Also - no stuck at waiting for host issue.

Logged in. Played smoothly.

Hope this helps out with the hacking issues.

Edited by EliJRn

Thanks DayZ staff. Just pushed this update to my severs and it all is working well. Now I get to play on practically empty servers until users start to upgrade lol.

After wasting many hours on the previous patches last night, I quickly tried this new one just now and it worked straight off. So that's good news!

Rob

BIS need to release an official update, BETA patches keep stacking, and yet not a single official update, I mean if it did fixe many things, why not make it an automatic update through steam?

BIS need to release an official update, BETA patches keep stacking, and yet not a single official update, I mean if it did fixe many things, why not make it an automatic update through steam?

Because they are nightlies. Its mostly daily updates of the "official" patch. If a fix or feature in one of the beta patches was bad, they have time to remove it. Eventually, an official patch is ready which includes all fixes of all the beta patches.

Instead of having 2 months of nothing, you have 2 months of beta patches that you can use IF you like.

Just want to mention, once again.

Both client and servers need to run the BE executable to get updated.

An automated BEpatch will come in later (according to BIS representatives - but who knows if it'll work rightaway)

I will however say that vehicles work much better now with 1.7.2.3 and latest build (less desync, havent had any players teleporting out of cars).

Servers that patch will get prioritized helicopter love. ;)

• Like 8

Wasn't able to get 94997 to run.

After manual expansions/battleye & battleye update to v1.61.94945+ server started, but every user got kicked with "battleye initialization failed"

(same with automatic installation through installer file)

Downgraded to 94876 again, will try it again tomorrow. Running out of time.

You need to overwrite the .dll from BE in two locations, one is in (if my memory is correct) in your ArmA 2 folder, same place as your @DayZ folder is.

The other location is in your c:\user\<username>\local\ and somewhere there

(I'm at work, I'll update this or someone else can give you exact location).

to all with that crash error

Six Launcher will downgrade if you start you game using it, doesnt matter if you disabled it in options..

Newest BattleEye + old Arma = crash

make sure that your version displayed ingame is the correct new one

Server & Client update from 94945 to 94997 went super smooth :)

I've been running BE v1.61.94945+ on 94786 all day without a problem, didn't crash once. Maybe not ideal but still it worked :)

I cant update, Wrong CD key for me :(

Run as administrator and see if that works.

Updated my server. Now make sweet helicopter love to me!! xD

• Like 2

people want to play dayz, not visit websites here to download 1 file then another website to download a be update.

Half the gamers don't even visit this forum so will have NO IDEA about a BE update.

Sort your shit out.

If you don't have basic file handling skills and can't monitor two sites for information on the latest builds then why would you expect to play an Alpha?

Anyways, the Beta installed fine, the BattleEye update installer worked fine as well. Didn't need to manually add the DLL's.

Logged into two different servers running the proper beta and was in the same location and had all my gear. I'm wearing civies so don't know anything about what happens if using camo or guillie suits.

Just want to mention, once again.

Both client and servers need to run the BE executable to get updated.

An automated BEpatch will come in later (according to BIS representatives - but who knows if it'll work rightaway)

I will however say that vehicles work much better now with 1.7.2.3 and latest build (less desync, havent had any players teleporting out of cars).

Ander, choppers would be awesome! I knew it would be a good idea to be an early adopter on patches :P

Edited by ebianbluefox
  • Like 3

94997 has been great so far. I was getting "waiting for server" messages on most servers with 9445, but could consistently get in to a few servers. Played a hour or so tonight with 94997 on a couple servers with no issues at all. Connections were quick.

Anybody willing to help me out on Skype? I've tried all that I know, but I feel I'm missing one thing.

Ran with compatibility, copied dll, ran the exe from the zip, tried with admin, etc.

Win 7 x64

You know I just had the game fixed and start playing last night finally. And new a new update comes in and now I am getting that "Battleeye Initialization Failed". My build is showing properly and I installed the two battleeye .dll files into their proper places and it still wont work.