rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

so it sounds like 1.7.2.3 and beta 94876 work fine.... yet 1.7.2.3 and beta 94945 do not????

right?

Wrong. 94945 works for me and my friends, no problem.

So there is no way to bring 1.7.2 inventory and merge it with the one we have now? Considing the amount of fail here something needs to be done. I still have ALL of my gear on 1.7.2 servers.

Nothing needs to be done. Welcome to alpha testing.

• Like 2

The fault of 1.7.2.2 was noone else but mine. I provided Sickboy the incorrect files. He was at the airport and he did me a favor by putting the files out, I realized too late there was an issue and then there was a delay pulling the files.

So Six didn't hurt anyone, it was my fault. I'm really sorry about that, it was one of those silly little mistakes that shouldnt happen but does.

Even though you fucked up HORRIBLY! I don't think anyone could stay be mad at you. I mean, cmon! Those sunglasses rock, man!:P

Off to test some shit. Hopefully there are some expert servers updated. Keep it real, rocket! <3

Wrong. 94945 works for me and my friends, no problem.

well im just going off what people are posting here.. i'm still trying to decide if i should update my beta or just try without it

Dumb question, but... haven't been on the forums since 1.7.2 release, so is the 1.7.2.1 changelog still accessible somewhere? Couldn't find it on the announcement forums... :-/

What the fuck??? My char got entirely reseted!!! Logged out at Krasnostav and now my inventory is clear at Kamenka! Didn't died nor respawned. Is anyone having this issues too?? Was there any database wipe? My clan won't log on the game because of it. So, if anyone has any clue, pls share!!

Do you even read the threads? Yes other people are having the issue. And calm your rage dude...nobody owes you anything!!

Edited by playZ
  • Like 1

Does the Six Launcher update the beta files as well as the mod?

And how long does it take for servers to start updating? I only have 3 or 4 updated servers close to my area and they are all full.

Nothing needs to be done. Welcome to alpha testing.

Alpha testing is not an excuse for incompetence, don't post cliche responses.

works fine for me. cut flesh from animals is working again.. so i guess blood transfusions are also working. good job dev team!

I'm using the six updater. What version am I looking for when server searching? Only certain servers work and I assume this is why...

Updated Server to 1.7.2.3 and Arma 2 Beta 94878

Updated Client to 1.7.2.3 and Arma 2 Beta 94876

Client is Steam install Arma 2: CO not reinforcements

I was able to connect no problem. I ran around a bit and logged off since everything seemed to be working with getting into game and loading into character.

Edited by DeadWalking99

1) Force a patch server wide. If they're not running the latest version. No one connects to the server.

This is what needs to happen -- it will have to happen as the mod gets closer to standalone, but might as well start doing it now.

Instead of pushing things out haphazardly, use a daily, bi-daily or weekly downtime, like EVE does, to update. Every server will have to update, or shut down until it is updated. Every user will have to update on login, or not play.

Damn Rocket u rock my world havent ben this hokked upp on a game since for ever and im 36 years old and i have been playing DayZ for 6 weeks now and bougt a server on vilayer.com a few weeks ago many thanks for such a great mood didnt even know what arma was before lol.

Great regards

Fredich

• Like 1

If people keep asking the same retarded questions or making the same retarded statements.... as stale as it is, they're going to keep getting the same answers...

There's no point replying with something that isn't the truth

Um, yes it is? What incompetence are you talking about? do you even know the process of forging a piece of software? dude, as if I were to expect all your drawings to come finished and fully coloured as soon as you put the pencil on the paper! don't ever let me catch you drawing guide lines.

interesting content there

Do you even read the threads? Yes other people are having the issue. And calm your rage dude...nobody owes you anything!!

I know it, man. But I just want to know if there is any chance my char gets back!!!!

Did not lost so much good stuff, but still, I need just any confirmation!!!!

Besides, I been ready the threads since the first.

So after the lastest beta patch didn't work I rolled back to 94876.

Could connect on first try, I spawned at the coast with starting equipment :S

I seem to not have died officially though, there was no gender choice..

Too bad, since I was originally north of NEA and wanted to do stuff there, but oh well I can connect at least ....

I'm impressed at the rate at which updates are released in this alpha-test. Cool stuff.

Edited by perestain

Rocket:

Nice update. It's a LOT quicker loading in. Perhaps too quick these servers are filling bloody fast! As promised i've tested the exploit i found from the previous 1.7.2 version. Sad to say it's still there.

Incase you missed it as it was bogged down with loot missing posts, and you haven't checked the dev tracker, here it is again. etc etc

Hey dude, great feedback but I'm not sure you should post this too much as it only makes more d*ckheads wise to it who will go and exploit it...

Logged out a few hours ago at Stary Sobor.

Updated 20 minutes ago.

Managed to log on to a server just now.

Fresh. On the beach. I do not approve. :P

I like what Louis CK says about people who bitch about stuff they dont understand..

"Go make your own then...see how close yours is to perfect!"