rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

I can. However I was not able to effectively rollback or get 1.7.2.3 to be recognized until I deleted my @dayz folder then added the addons folder and put the files inside of there. Simply replacing them was causing me to show I had updated, but servers were saying I was still on the older version.

Once I did what I said above, I was able to find a few 1.7.2.3 servers (there aren't many and most are full) I've been able to recreate characters multiple times without issue and will begin playing through now.

anything else you need to know?

Fair enough. So 1.7.2.3 requieres you to start your character from scratch? did I understand correctly?

Also what beta patch are you on?

It seems that the latest beta patch (the so called rc1) doesn't work on servers with previous versions or at least I'm not being able to connect to any, always stuck on "Wait for host".

Right now I'm trying to connect to a server with that beta version but all full (there are just 4 or 5 with it).

Edited by Numi

All my friends report that they have had their char wiped when joining the server, loosing a lot of valuble equipment. Just wanted to confirm this.

EVERYONE ROLL BACK TO BETA 94876. IT IS THE STABLE BETA PATCH.

Just rolled back to it, and everything works fine. Cant confirm or deny the losing of gear, as I was already playing the respawn game but now I can play.

I have a friend on a 1.7.2.3 server right now. He has the 94945 BETA. It's working with no problems for him. Last time he played was on the 1.7.1.5 just for the record.

• Like 1

Whatever you do, if you managed to get your hands on 1.7.2.2.

DO NOT USE IT.

There is good reason it was not released (we started seeding it)

We were 3 guys in the DayZ Steam Group Chat. Someone announced the release of 1.7.2.2 and the other 2 guys updated through the Six Updater. I myself, still running 1.7.1.5, do not use Six Updater, takes backups of all DayZ & ArmA II beta releases and downloads them manually. I searched for the 1.7.2.2 torrent but couldn't find it. I guess it's Natural Selection! :beans: :beans:

Great lost all our stuff and i dont really expect a roll back from the dev's ..

All my friends report that they have had their char wiped when joining the server, loosing a lot of valuble equipment. Just wanted to confirm this.

Because six updater started alowing others to use the unstable 1.7.2.2 update many people have had their chars wiped and some havn't. Six has royaly screwed people over. I am not using it again.

• Like 1

I've installed it, but I haven't tried yet because I am waiting for the servers to update.

I'll give it a go no and report back when I see what's happening.

Edit: Works a charm for me. Quick to load, no problems with joining a server, all my gear is intact and I have better performance than ever.. only problem is with the white flashing on the ground which I get no matter what server I join.

(https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36631)

Using 1.7.2.3 with Beta 94876

Edited by Cyanyde

ArmA II : CO Steam Version

1.7.2.3 / Beta 94876

Everything is fine so far, no gear lost, no problems with loading screen or whatsoever.

I still have to reload the Hatchet, though. Zombie Aggro is alright, too.

Just many full servers and once connection lost (Maybe because it was an US Server and I'm in Europe)

Fair enough. So 1.7.2.3 requieres you to start your character from scratch? did I understand correctly?

Also what beta patch are you on?

no sorry, i was already dead, i was just testing character creation to see if it was bugged with the hive or w/e

im on this arma 2 beta build

Loaded into my own server, and had all my equipment and was in my spot that I was. It's worth noting I didn't play much after 1.7.2 hit, just enough to see my camo/AWS go poof. Head on over to

DayZ - US 785 (1.7.2.3/94876) [Veteran|3dp:on ch:off] [uTC+5] dayzmod.com - hosted by Dreadnaughts

If its isnt full! =p

• Like 1

First rule of alpha testing: let other minions install/test new patches for the first couple hours. B)

• Like 5

Because six updater started alowing others to use the unstable 1.7.2.2 update many people have had their chars wiped and some havn't. Six has royaly screwed people over. I am not using it again.

The fault of 1.7.2.2 was noone else but mine. I provided Sickboy the incorrect files. He was at the airport and he did me a favor by putting the files out, I realized too late there was an issue and then there was a delay pulling the files.

So Six didn't hurt anyone, it was my fault. I'm really sorry about that, it was one of those silly little mistakes that shouldnt happen but does.

• Like 16

I can confirm that my character was wiped on 1.7.2.3. I didn't have much, but I logged in and start over at the shore with standard new life load out. I had logged out in 1.7.2 north of the Factory near Polana.

Has anyone been able to join 1.7.2.3 without losing all of their gear and starting fresh?

I was able to update to 1.7.2.3 Using 6 Launcher to update both the DayZ and Beta Files. I loaded in just fine on the first try and still had my load out from last night.

• Like 2

Beta patch says file is corrupted or not installed when i go to install it on server. Any ideas? Last time I had this issue I had to re install the entire game over game.

The fault of 1.7.2.2 was noone else but mine. I provided Sickboy the incorrect files. He was at the airport and he did me a favor by putting the files out, I realized too late there was an issue and then there was a delay pulling the files.

So Six didn't hurt anyone, it was my fault. I'm really sorry about that, it was one of those silly little mistakes that shouldnt happen but does.

does sixupdater now have the right files? i just updated there, with beta patch 94876 joined a server, got stuck on loading with a full loading bar, heard gun shots constantly. but couldnt get in.

you mean being human? :)

anyways, just got all the data instaled and joined DE22. Everything it totaly fine so far.

I only get "Wait for Host" and this on every Server.... I got 1.7.2.3 and Beta Patch 94876.

All I personally wanna know is if I should stick with 94700 or upgrade to 94876 (or even 94945).

Edited by jahmex/prax