rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

I am hosting a Server with vilayer, and I am wondering does anyone know how to update to the latest server version on a Vilayer server?

I just spoke to Lee on ViLAYER steam speak, he mentioned that everyone with ViLAYER automaticly get patch 1.7.2.3 installed, i just checked that under the updates and is patch is installed for me, u dont need to do much about it but i do recommend keeping the server off for a little while until the crezyness is settle down.

Great points but the main post says to specifically post bugs to bug tracker, not here. Also.... you are posting exploits that others can now learn and use..... not cool.

Tried to explain that to him yesterday, and I posted it in the bug tracker on his behalf...

I give up.. I've already been hearing about people getting randomly killed out of the blue, it's most likely because the exploit is in the forums.

Where can I download dayz_code_v1.7.2.2? Becouse not all server is updated to 1.7.2.3 and six updater is update my dayz to 1.7.2.3 and I can't play on BE1 server. Can someone upload and give link to dayz_code_v1.7.2.2 please?

If you play 1.7.2.2, you're gonna have a bad time....

• Like 7

Ran the Sixupdater to 1.7.2.3 and spawned on beach with no gear after 10 days of play. Is there any chance to get my gear back by sending in my user details as was really enjoying testing the game with advanced equipement etc?

Tested : Zombies still see you from very far away, and spawn very fast. I had to shoot all the zombies of a deer stand because i shot one that started going for me from about 80 m away, barely got on the top that 3 more had spawned, so i managed to borrow the AKM there was here to do some trigger happy things. I remarked that the AKM now doesnt kill zombies in 1 shot to the body, strange cause if was the case before.

Well, to be fair. I am incompetent when faced with the current issues.

But, there are few people in the world who have had to deal with such a rapid explosion of a mod, that is part MMO and part shooter. Minecraft struggled and their central server only handled authentication. So yes, the team and I are incompetent at this. But we're learning, sometimes fast, sometimes slow. But we're breaking new ground. Not even counter-strike or DOTA had to deal with the issues we are. Minecraft hit 500k users in a year, we hit that in under 3 months.

So yeah, its something of a miracle that the mod even works every minute you are playing it.

Bud, pls do not compare Counter-Strike to this mod.

CS was made on a good and stable engine.

And do not have half of the complexity of DayZ.

I think that the problem of DayZ is that it is a Mod, and not a standalone game. With this in mind you will have to work as hell(assuming you are a moder that have no access to the Arma2's engine codes, but you work for BIS...), way more than all of the other mods has ever worked before.

Why don't you recruit some coders from somewhere else? I can asure you that a lot of ppl would volunteer themselves.

But, again, I don't know the situation around DayZ's development, I just know what you post here so far.

After all, this is just a suggestion.

Am I the only one having issues where, after updating to 1.7.2.3 and 94876, the server browser won't let you connect to any servers because I don't have 1.61.94876? I installed 94876 so I'm not sure why it's saying I don't have it?

edited and reposted. Thread is moving too fast :P

Edited by Cyanyde

If you play 1.7.2.2, you're gonna have a bad time....

Does that mean if I wait I'll be reset to my old character status (items + location) ?

Tbh, I wouldnt mind continuing my fresh char now, I like the early game, but whatever happens, I am happy to play anyways. GJ man.

Edited by perestain

I made it on a server. everything was fine and I didn't lose anything. someone was talking on global/side chat though

DayZ is working fine for me and my friend.

Dayz Version : 1.7.2.3

Beta : 94876

*Desync and ghillie, camo problems are gone.

*Me and my mate were on the airfield, and zombies aggro sometimes randomly, we were standing still and suddenly aggrod 3 zeds, maybe need a look in. Other than that, this update is f*cking neat :P. Good job Rocket and the Team, the game is playable again :).

Those who "lost" your characters.

They weren't lost, they weren't transferred due to the change in PlayerID and PlayerUID. Vipeax is going to run the transfer query for me now... this will move those old characters who weren't listed with a playerUID (string) for those who "lost" their characters.

Ok solution is only wait? because if you tell this, i don't play now for not create another problem and wait this, but if is uncertainty i play again for start it's frustrating not having been killed, but we knew it was an alpha ;)

Am I the only one having issues where, after updating to 1.7.2.3 and 94876, the server browser won't let you connect to any servers because I don't have 1.61.94876? I installed 94876 so I'm not sure why it's saying I don't have it?

When you load CO/OA, what version does it say you are running in the bottom right corner?

Rocket:

Please respond to Reaps about that exploit so he'll stop posting it over and over.

Also, can you delete the posts that explain how to do it?

People are using it to grief and it's already been reported in the bug tracker.

(#36636)

Thanks! :)

haha I updated manually as having seen the torrent I assumed six updater wasn't an option.. ah well

SU doesn't use Torrent, but differential update technologies powered by a large world-wide mirror network, partially community powered.

1.7.2.3 and beta patch 94945 im stuck on WAITing FOR HOST on all 94945 servers, what gives dang it.

Also Rocket did you get bug from me regarding huge Duping exploit in dayz?

great mod keep the good work

When you load CO/OA, what version does it say you are running in the bottom right corner?

It was telling me I was running 1.60.94876. The updater said "successfully updated to 1.61" though, so I have no idea what is up.

Ok solution is only wait? because if you tell this, i don't play now for not create another problem and wait this, but if is uncertainty i play again for start it's frustrating not having been killed, but we knew it was an alpha ;)

Respawn your current character, and you'll get your phat lootz back.

http://twitter.com/d...898837016780803

Edited by Klumz

DayZ is working fine for me and my friend.

Dayz Version : 1.7.2.3

Beta : 94876

*Desync and ghillie, camo problems are gone.

*Me and my mate were on the airfield, and zombies aggro sometimes randomly, we were standing still and suddenly aggrod 3 zeds,

sounds like they saw you. I think a lot of us got used to them being blind with super hearing. that made it seem like you were OK as long as you were still. well they 'fixed' that

downloaded in about 2 minutes. now seeding at 70 KB/s!

i will update this if i find any bugs

Edited by z64dan
  • Like 1

Where can I download dayz_code_v1.7.2.2? Becouse not all server is updated to 1.7.2.3 and six updater is update my dayz to 1.7.2.3 and I can't play on BE1 server. Can someone upload and give link to dayz_code_v1.7.2.2 please?

Servers are in the process of updating, ~316 already done it seems
  • Like 1

OK so a new update on my status. I was having fun running around Cherno and Ele testing out the new patch. Everything seems to be working fine. I had my character wiped because of this but I did not care I wanted to test the new content. After about 3 deaths I re spawned where I had logged out before I updated to the patch. Wayyyy back up north. Keep in mind this is AFTER having ran around the starter towns for about an hour or so, then after a death I re spawn to my position I should have been in before the wipe. Please look into the cause for this. Still having rollbacks I guess? I had no switched servers either this was on the same server

Well, to be fair. I am incompetent when faced with the current issues.

But, there are few people in the world who have had to deal with such a rapid explosion of a mod, that is part MMO and part shooter. Minecraft struggled and their central server only handled authentication. So yes, the team and I are incompetent at this. But we're learning, sometimes fast, sometimes slow. But we're breaking new ground. Not even counter-strike or DOTA had to deal with the issues we are. Minecraft hit 500k users in a year, we hit that in under 3 months.

So yeah, its something of a miracle that the mod even works every minute you are playing it.

Man, I don't want to disagree with you but, how can it be incompetence when we are talking about things in alpha state? It is THE time to f**k up. It's like now or never!

Be it misplacing a file or deleting a texture, all is within parameters of a developing project which doesn't ask a penny out of the testers' pockets and doesn't have to meet a commercial deadline. At least that's my own experience and that's how I see it.

Sorry, all of this is better discussed elsewhere. I'm sure there is a thread already.

/end of staying out of thread. :P

OK so a new update on my status. I was having fun running around Cherno and Ele testing out the new patch. Everything seems to be working fine. I had my character wiped because of this but I did not care I wanted to test the new content. After about 3 deaths I re spawned where I had logged out before I updated to the patch. Wayyyy back up north. Keep in mind this is AFTER having ran around the starter towns for about an hour or so, then after a death I re spawn to my position I should have been in before the wipe. Please look into the cause for this. Still having rollbacks I guess? I had no switched servers either this was on the same server

http://twitter.com/dayzdevteam/status/223898837016780803