rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

Whatever you do, if you managed to get your hands on 1.7.2.2.

DO NOT USE IT.

There is good reason it was not released (we started seeding it)

I had it installed & connected to a server with it. Do I have to do a clean installation even though I updated to 1.7.2.3 after that?

Edited by XAM

Battleye does not initialize on my server with the latest beta, enforcing the first 1.61 patch. It works fine. oh and yes, you can roll back i had to do it on the server.

Edited by icomrade

Guys is it possible to roll back from 94945 to 94876? when I run the 94876.exe it still says "updating to version 1.61"

Can I roll back to test the earlier patch or not?

Yeah - you can just delete the expansion/beta folder in your Arma folder structure. Then just re-download and run the patch you want to use.

Here I am assuming you used the beta patch and NOT the release candidate - you can't roll back the RC.

Can someone tell us this? Im getting stuck on all the "Wait for host" screens. But people are saying 94876 is working fine. Anyway to roll back on this?

judging by this (http://forums.bistud...-1)-build-94945)

It looks like a roll back will not be possible. Guys are we talking full reinstallation or can we do a shortcut like deleting the beta folder and running previous patch?

edit: sorry there was a reply to me above, the replies are coming thick and fast so it's hard to type fast enough!

Edited by walsh-

what happens if you download and apply an earlier beta patch? does it upgrade automatically? if it's 6UPDATER doing that, have you tried not using it?

So have people been having their characters wiped with v 1.7.2.3 or has this just been with 1.7.2.2?

I tried logging onto a server (purportedly running 1.7.2.3, but actually running 1.7.2.2), but the choose character MALE FEMALE screen popped up... Looks like I lost all my gear again. :(

Edward,

Did you click on either Male/Female?

I had the same thing on 1.7.2.1 when I should have been safe. Disconnected and connected to a different server and all was safe.

Why not just use the newest BETA patch 94945?

Can someone tell us this? Im getting stuck on all the "Wait for host" screens. But people are saying 94876 is working fine. Anyway to roll back on this?

Go into the expansions folder in your Arma2 OA folder and delete the folder called beta and then install the beta version you want or if ya dont trust me rename the folder beta_old and then install the version ya want

Edited by BL1P

Yeah - you can just delete the expansion/beta folder in your Arma folder structure. Then just re-download and run the patch you want to use.

Here I am assuming you used the beta patch and NOT the release candidate - you can't roll back the RC.

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php I used that one, assuming that is the beta patch ?

I would love to see L85A2 AWS removed.

The best option would be to replace it with an L85 without thermal scope.

Edited by ModeZt
  • Like 2

Go into the expansions folder in your Arma2 OA folder and delete the folder called beta and then install the beta version you want

THE ANSWER for many

I would love to see L85A2 AWS removed.

The best option would be to replace it with an L85 without thermal scope.

Agreed...

Edited by R0ll0ni0
  • Like 1

^this pls

I can. However I was not able to effectively rollback or get 1.7.2.3 to be recognized until I deleted my @dayz folder then added the addons folder and put the files inside of there. Simply replacing them was causing me to show I had updated, but servers were saying I was still on the older version.

Once I did what I said above, I was able to find a few 1.7.2.3 servers (there aren't many and most are full) I've been able to recreate characters multiple times without issue and will begin playing through now.

anything else you need to know?

Patch 94876 and 1.7.2.3 is working.

I can confirm this as well as it is what I'm currently playing on.

So have people been having their characters wiped with v 1.7.2.3 or has this just been with 1.7.2.2?

I can confirm that my character was wiped on 1.7.2.3. I didn't have much, but I logged in and start over at the shore with standard new life load out. I had logged out in 1.7.2 north of the Factory near Polana.

Has anyone been able to join 1.7.2.3 without losing all of their gear and starting fresh?