ExileBroc

Brilliant Idea!

First off, I am somewhat new to this forum, and I dont know if this has been posted before.

Would it be possible to add in a tranquilizer gun both side arm and sniper. This is mostly useful for a survivor. I can image shooting someone with it and quickly see them daze away. They wont die, but they wont be able to do anything for a minute or so. This could allow survivors a non lethal way of being "bandit" without killing. Once they victim is sleepin you can just go up to them take their stuff and run away. Im sure people will hate this but imagine what can be done. A bandit could use it to totally mess with someone ie place bear traps on them, wire fences, idk.

I think this would be a fun idea. I dont know if DayZ can mod guns and ammo to do so or only implement guns from Arma 2.

Please discuss, yes or no. Would you use it?

I moved this topic to the suggestion area:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30604-brilliant-idea/

Edited by ExileBroc
  • Like 8

Seems like a great idea, love it! I don't think there should be a sniper varient though.

+1

This should be done. Would solve the problem of survivors retaliating in self defense so they won't get tagged as a bandit. Let's hope rocket reads this.

Edited by Etropalld
  • Like 1

this is a great idea. Perhaps it could be implemented as an ammo type for the crossbow.

Yeah that seems like a really balanced way of implementing it, as it probably should take the primary slot and not have amazing accuracy.

[EDIT] - Typo

Edited by VII_MATT_IIV

Seems like a great idea, love it! I don't think there should be a sniper varient though.

No point for sniper variant really. The whole point of it is to be able to loot without killing. If you're in sniping distance, you obviously have zero intention of looting and just trolling, in which case, you'd be better served with a real sniper rifle.

Actually, on second thought, I can see use of it to make funny videos like this guy did here. It's quite hilarious video to watch.

. Edited by Whattteva
  • Like 1

I think the sniper would be nice because some times people are in groups. Someone wouldnt want to run in with a hand gun to tanq them. If you had a sniper you could pick them off from a distance. I just really hope something like this gets put in.

YES! But... you should only be able to find them at the Zoo in Cherno or the Aquarium in Berezino. You should have to be able avoid the infected Big Cat House or take a boat across the infected Killer Whale Tank.

• Like 1

Lets go the whole hog and be able to poison beans!!! ;)

No really good idea! but absolutely useless why, because the person can:-

1. Log out

2. If there are more than 1 in a group you fucked.

3. You snipe 800m you have to run like forest gump to get to the player within 1min (if they dont log out)

Lets try tear gas bad vision for x amount of seconds, while you loot them? or

Chloroform them from behind? etc

Get my point! :cool:

You need a limit as to what you can implement! ;)

1. Log out

3. You snipe 800m you have to run like forest gump to get to the player within 1min (if they dont log out)

Get my point! :cool:

People can log out if you shoot them. This problem will always be prevalent until they fix it. The sniper would more so only be accurate up to maybe 300 yards MAYBE. Just something small like a .22 rifle or something.

Others were talking about puting some use to the crossbow can implemented to shoot some tranq arrow or something like that.

I never heard of a zoo in cherno but what do i know. I was thinking mostly only being able to find ammo for it at the hospital.

Very good idea !! :thumbsup: There are lot of people I don't want to kill, but in the doubt, if they are armed, I have to shoot them ... I hope your idea will be accepted very soon !

(Ps: Sorry for my english)

1. Log out

Get my point! B)

Could easily make people who D/C unconscious for ages when they log back in like panicking currently does. - Would stop some

This is a phenomenal idea. It would def. bring about the fix to innocent people getting the bandit skin for killing in self defense. In the grocery store and see somebody run in and they don't see you? Instead of gunning them down, POW tranq dart to the w/e, they go down and you can now safely run away and they can safely come to.

I'm assuming this would also be something relatively easy to implement as they already have a screen for being unconscious and whatnot. This idea would be #1 in my opinion to implement to counter the number of bandits running around in cherno/elektro just because they're so paranoid.

The only problem i can see with this is the greifing. Lord knows there's at least a few hundred people out there who would knock you out, drag you out to the street, and fire off an enfield or something and ring the dinner bell for zombies to come and maul you.

Someone running zeds after him *TZAP* and get some popcorns... Lethal way for non lethal weapon. Its like shooting the legs.

Interesting.

You must not play DayZ though. The idiots would do the following:

1. Shoot target with tranquilizer

2. LOL

3. Wait for him to wake up

4. Shoot him again

5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 until out of ammo, then shoot with gun.

• Like 1

Hello there

An interesting idea, do a search for LTL or less than lethal weapons or non lethal weapons, as there's quite a few threads with some good ideas already, although none with a rifle tranq round AFAIK.

Rgds

LoK

Good idea OP but I think the unarmed combat should take precedence over this; punching, kicking, choke hold til they pass out and most importantly the deadly tickle.

Next stop the suggestions forum, hold on to your hats.

You can't log out when you are knocked out so you should be knocked out and in shock.

this idea is a big no no if bandits had access to these dart guns then they would fire it at people then kill them while they are uncounsious