rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

Any future plans to lower the damage on the Enfield and AKM?

It takes the AKM 1 shot to the body of zombies, for them to die - and it takes the M4 3 shots. The Enfield can kill all zombies, and all players with 1 shot. At 400m range, you may need one final shot to finish the deal on players with the enfield - but they will just lay there and bleed out anyways. It just seams too overpowered for a "starting" weapon.

The 1.7.2 patch is great. Felt the FPS heighten etc, so with a desync patch, and some tidying up - it will be great fun playing this weekend!

Also wanted to give a shoutout to the team - with the tremendous amount of good work they put into this. Even in Alpha version, this game has givem me more fun, paranoia, depressions than any game I have ever played.

It's completely realistic. You get shot by an Enfield IRL and I'll bet you won't be getting up anytime soon. But will you really want to ring the dinner bell? ;)

(also "balancing" of this sort of stuff will probably not be done in this game)

Having to wait 2-3 minutes to log off?

I'm sorry, but that's retardedly inconvenient.

This is the comment I expect coming from server hoppers that take advantage by doing so. If you play for an hour or two on one server without changing the server, this may not be exactly what one can call "convenient", but its way more frustrating if cheaters can do their job and have advantage to those who do not cheat.

It is retarded to think server hopping can be stopped without any inconvenience to legit players (this is how it is... always and forever).

Plus, you have to think about emergency situations.

If something happened like your power suddenly going out, does that mean you deserve to be at risk?

How many cheaters use Alt-F4? How many times does power-loss occur?

1000:1?

The one loosing power is simply the one to bite the dust. Next day he will be more lucky.

So... yes, this does mean you deserve to be at risk.

I am not sure if anyone other than me has noticed with fire pits that they can only be lit once. After being lit when you try to light them again they go directly out. Im not sure if this is only me but i have noticed this for quite some time. i havent seen any other forum on it.

You need to put more wood pile's onto the fire (think like minecraft). You can only light the fire if it has a wood pile in it.

You actually can cook twice on a fire pit, the option to cook meat comes up for a second so you need to be fast.. It worked for me last night.

This is the first time I heard of this. I made a fire, cooked some meat, turned off the fire... went on to explore the nw airfield, disconnected, came back a day later, went back to the fire about 2 km away from airfield, turned it on, cooked some more meat.

Touche', you are correct. I explained that very poorly.

The fix itself is very easy (simply logging server logins into the database). But the "how" to punish/prevent is proving difficult. Probably worth a serious discussion on the forums in a separate topic. I can detect when someone server hops, or disconnects, but how and when to issue punishment is proving very troublesome.

Why not ask the developers of BI to disable Alt+F4 (lots of games do it) by showing up to abort message with confirmation, then change the abort message to have a 5-10 second delay until OK can be clicked?

As a developer, I believe the Alt+F4 issue could be fixed in about 20 minutes but I guess in depends on how the game code is written. The timer on one of those windows might be trickier but can't see it taking more than 2-3 days of coding and testing...

Of course, now the user could always run a small application in the background that sets a global hotkey which, when pressed, could kill the process or simply enable a firewall rule to block network transfer for the game. It would get the same result - user eventually disconnects.

The servers should report to the database the connection was lost or user disconnected... Then run some scripts at the end of the week on the database logs and whoever quits or loses connected within 5 seconds or so from a shot on him, penalize him.

This is the comment I expect coming from server hoppers that take advantage by doing so. If you play for an hour or two on one server without changing the server, this may not be exactly what one can call "convenient", but its way more frustrating if cheaters can do their job and have advantage to those who do not cheat.

The telephone rings, there is someone at the door, I can think of several reasons why a time-out before logging off is inconvenient and yet want to call us server hoppers?

Stepping stone patch for 1.7.2.1 . 1.7.2.2 coming later today :)

Just wanted 1.7.2.1 out incase we dont have time to finish up 1.7.2.2 before weekend rush.

Would it be too much to ask for a 1.7.2.1 own post?

Please :)

So much QQ'ing over bugs and such.

I thought that was what the beta was for. Ironing out bugs and polishing up.

With regards to the DC/Ghosters - I think a log out timer would be grand. Remember, we're in Alpha, so make it an arbitrary time to start with (whatever Rocket feels is right), see what happens and change it (or remove it) as required.

This whole project is kind of a giant experiment. People need to stop QQ'ing over everything. If you have paid for Arma 2 + OA and are disappointed with DayZ in any way, play Arma 2 + OA - They are the products you have paid for after all. Come back to DayZ when it's in beta, or has been released.

With regards to some proposed solutions being inconvenient - well, that's just the nature of the beast. There is not a product in the world that everybody is happy with. Try to learn to accept things as they are... If it bothers you that much, play something else.

Most important of all - Nobody forced anyone to buy anything. Just because you invested in something does not mean you have any right to dictate what should be done.

Report bugs and/or have fun. That's what our job is at the moment. If you are not doing the latter, I suggest playing something else.

• Like 1

I still can't see the problem some people have with respawn... How does it change your game or game at all, other then you've been in firefight where you killed but also got killed and the other guy got good spawn sooner and looted you, so you're now frustrated.

First of all if you wanna play with friends respawn is absolutely necessary, since someone can spawn in let's say quarry and other in Kamenka so it would take them about 20-30 minutes to meet up, given that none is killed. Not to mention spawns in debug forest, inside the texture in Novy Sobot, etc. And even if you removed respawn button, all someone needs to do is find a nearest group of zombies and let them kill him/her so you got a minor inconvenience and that's it. But a major inconvenience if someone spawns in debug or something like that.

I support disabling dc idea of some kind, however that's a bit fucked up... since there are no safe areas like in WoW or other MMO's. So lets say this timer is 20 secs, and you're sitting in the forest and suddenly some people come along and kill you cause you had to wait.... Someone mentioned disabling alf+f4, that could work in some situations, like on open ground where you don't have time to go to menu and click abort, on the other hand in a forest or city you can hide somewhere for long enough to do that.

As for not being able to join a server for some time that's just retarded, since servers are unstable, some of them have mass fps lags after some times etc, others don't have correct time zones, so you enter and boom there you are in the middle of the night without NVG on server full of people with NVGs. There are many legit instances in which you need to swap servers and i don't think majority of fair players should be punished for a low percentage of server hoppers. On the other hand some minor wait for returning to same server would be ok, like minute or two, to stop doctor Whoing.

And again, although it's annoying, i don't want to lose my equipment and hours of gameplay cause of few douche-bags who dc in firefights. Even if electricity downs are rare, some other situations aren't like my cat pushing my router of the shell etc.

I don't know if it is possible to implement some mechanic relevant to gun fire, like if a bullet hit someowhere in an area let's say of 10-20m around you, you can't dc for minute or two. Again i don't know anything about game development so i don't really know if this could be implemented and how hard it would be.

i just wonder, its stated 1.7.2.1 is released, and torrent/six will follow (2h ago)

but when i check the download page

http://dayzmod.com/?Download

UK provides 1.7.1.5

FR is down

only US and SE are working :D

For the people. Complaining about thermals and shit... This is not an Mmo it's a simulator there is no such thing as an overpowered gun. Each gun has its pros and cons. L85 has thermal easy., easy to spot stuff but it is not a good sniper rifle , it doesn't have the range or stopping power as any of the other snipers. I think all arms weapons should be placed it. Like I said it is a simulator.

SuffiXUA, most of that won't work. The logout method is not a bad idea and i approve of the removal of respawn (though this might not be possible) but the rest is unfeasible. What if i'm playing on one server and my friends come on and we want to play on another server? i have to wait ten minutes? you can't defeat cheats by affecting legitimate player's experience. Same with the sound/text notification if they are close to you. Yes, this might help stop "doctor who'ing" but is unfair for someone who just happens to log on to a server near another player as they won't know someone is near but the player already connected will.

i do like the mmo style wait to logout thing though - perhaps 30 seconds is a bit long though, 10 seconds should do it imo.

Yes, 10 seconds will be more than enough.

Yes, 10 seconds will be more than enough.

Well, i am not sure... in case you shot him first and he Alt+F4 to survive is 10s enough to shot him again.

BUT in case you hit him and he fall behind some cover or when he injured run into some building and Alt+F4 10s will not be enought.

I would use 20 -30s. It's enough because when you find some cover there is small chance that somebody will accidentally find you in this period, but someone looking for you will have enough time to came and finish you off and that's a fair thing.

• Like 2

Well, i am not sure... in case you shot him first and he Alt+F4 to survive is 10s enough to shot him again.

BUT in case you hit him and he fall behind some cover or when he injured run into some building and Alt+F4 10s will not be enought.

I would use 20 -30s. It's enough because when you find some cover there is small chance that somebody will accidentally find you in this period, but someone looking for you will have enough time to came and finish you off and that's a fair thing.

^ this, i was on the office building in elek when man was running into the super market, i shot him once he ran behind the counter and logged. if i had 20-30 seconds he would have died and all would be well

Or.. 10 seconds if you haven't taken damage in the last 30 secs and 20-30 seconds if you have.

Start a timer when you take damage and if you attempt to log while the timer is active it adds another 10 secs to your logout time.

• Like 2

Meanwhile there seems to be a problem with loot spawning in all servers that i've tried, loot either vanishes completely (even the tin cans and stuff) or seems to have already vanished (all spawn points completely empty)

Thanks for all the hard work you have done on making and creating this mod, Rocket. :)

PS. Any chance we can get some patch notes or something? ;)

The telephone rings, there is someone at the door, I can think of several reasons why a time-out before logging off is inconvenient and yet want to call us server hoppers?

You are not a server hopper, if you just log out and in again (the same server). I don't call anyone a server hopper, I just see that this is more or less common use. If you have advantage by logging off, this is not meant to be like that. I still do not see how to come across this *without* any inconvenience for legit players.

Any updates regarding camo clothes/ghillie suits?

I just found one, it would be awesome to "wookie" around this weekend.