rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

1.7.2.1 released.

Read changelog and dl latest files from cdn.

Torrent / sixupdater will follow.

I cant find it :S Where is it ?

So is evereything fucked at the moment?

yes, the elite have been manipulating the world currency AND gold standard, the middle east is on the verge of war as usual, and china is flexing its military muscles in uncomfortable ways to the west. plus we have reach over population point are are killing our planet without doubt.

oh, wait you mean with dayz? latest version works fine for me.

• Like 3

I think a logout despawn timer is a terrible idea....the same people asking for it will be complaining when they need to leave quickly, and someone loots them or kills them before there body despawns. A 5 or 10 min DC timer would be better., stopping players from reconnecting straight away.

Even then were still in aplha, and alot of peeps have connection issues...the more locked down the game starts to get in alpha the more players will have problems.....

Blotto, on 13 July 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

So is evereything fucked at the moment?

yes, the elite have been manipulating the world currency AND gold standard, the middle east is on the verge of war as usual, and china is flexing its military muscles in uncomfortable ways to the west. plus we have reach over population point are are killing our planet without doubt.

oh, wait you mean with dayz? latest version works fine for me.

Made my Day! ;-)

Edited by Rappodon

Touche', you are correct. I explained that very poorly.

The fix itself is very easy (simply logging server logins into the database). But the "how" to punish/prevent is proving difficult. Probably worth a serious discussion on the forums in a separate topic. I can detect when someone server hops, or disconnects, but how and when to issue punishment is proving very troublesome.

How about a quick hack to allow meta-punishment?

I've noticed that people tend to stick with the same set of servers, like NY's or Atlanta's, etc. They tend to have the same lag and similar rulesets, that sort of thing.

What if someone were to disconnect while in shock or the PVP timer is on, or being a certain distance to another player, it would be announced over local/direct chat what the person's ingame handle is? If you log out in shock, you're supposed to log back in unconsious, right? Well, if there's a high likelihood that someone's going to log back in on a server that's fairly close to the one you're currently on, this would allow the aggressor to log out himself, and check the player list from the Multiplayer screen to see if he can find where the person logged back in. If he's out cold for 5 minutes, that'd let the person follow them and finish them off.

Then again, if both people had shock, the Alt-F4'er would have a head start on waiting out the knockout timer on the new server. Maybe someone disconnecting in range of other people with PVP timers would clear your opponents' shock?

I Don't really mind anything else apartfrom rollbacks, Lag problems, which ofcourse can depend on the server. And yeah all the servers don't really work, but luckily i've got couple in my mind that always work. Anyhow! Keep up the good work guys.

This isn't the place to discuss the DC'ing. It's still the Issues with 1.7.2 patch ;) Start another discussion perhaps.

Rocket / Anders: I seen you recently announced the release of 1.7.2.2 (and the stepping stone 1.7.2.1 experimental is going "live") but have you taken in to account the exploit i posted in here. Has that loophole been closed. or looked at?

I don't want to post it again, its on page 42&62 here. As well as the dev-heaven site. (Thanks again Cyanyde) @ https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36636 . Very much looking forward to the new builds. and the patch notes! Will try recreate the exploit and give feedback right away.

I never said it could be fixed easily. I know how to fix it, but is a major architectural update that has the potential for serious risk. It will need significantly more testing, I mean weeks if not months, rather than just being rolled out in a standard update.

Many of the people who are first to demand fixes to items ASAP as game-breakers and the first to complain when fixes are added and then cause more bugs.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30160-greater-use-of-shock/#entry292565 Check this out.

The fix itself is very easy (simply logging server logins into the database). But the "how" to punish/prevent is proving difficult. Probably worth a serious discussion on the forums in a separate topic. I can detect when someone server hops, or disconnects, but how and when to issue punishment is proving very troublesome.

I can't speak for anyone else, but this issue makes it tough to give feedback on a large range of things. Due to this issue alone almost any topic you want feedback about can be answered "server-hoppers/alt+f4'ers affect this negatively in some fashion" and be an honest answer. It makes every weapon that isn't a 1 shot 1 kill weapon less useful then it should be in pvp. The risk/reward scenario gets skewed when you only have to navigate through the "Zed and player gauntlet" once to check 10 barracks for good weapons. While I know you want the players to create the emerging game play, I don't think you envisioned "camping to execute server hoppers" as emerging game play.

I'd honestly rather take more pain helping you address this problem now because in the end it's still going to be less pain dealing with it now then waiting and dealing with it later.

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet:

Since the update there has been a few vehicles duping items and some eating them. Whatever gear was on the vehicle before a server restart will be on it again after the server resets. We have tried dumping all the gear on the ground so it disappears, also tried going for a swim with the gear that was on it (to get rid of it), blown up the vehicles (they just respawn like if nothing had happened in the same spot). We just ended up dumping these vehicles on a corner of the map where it will be somewhat hard to find, we want to earn the gear we get.

Edited by anonymous83

Any future plans to lower the damage on the Enfield and AKM?

It takes the AKM 1 shot to the body of zombies, for them to die - and it takes the M4 3 shots. The Enfield can kill all zombies, and all players with 1 shot. At 400m range, you may need one final shot to finish the deal on players with the enfield - but they will just lay there and bleed out anyways. It just seams too overpowered for a "starting" weapon.

The 1.7.2 patch is great. Felt the FPS heighten etc, so with a desync patch, and some tidying up - it will be great fun playing this weekend!

Also wanted to give a shoutout to the team - with the tremendous amount of good work they put into this. Even in Alpha version, this game has givem me more fun, paranoia, depressions than any game I have ever played.

It takes 2 chest shots to kill a zombie with M4/Ak-74 (so l2shoot) and the AKM's pathetically slow bullet, crappy open sights and recoil make it useless for anything moving past 200+ meters, but, it fires a big bullet so it should knock Z's down in a single hit. The Enfield is a one shot kill to the torso/chest because 1. It fires a huge bullet that would knock you down in a single hit, regardless of where I hit you. 2. People would just use the CZ-550 which is a 2 (sometimes 3) hit killer at longer ranges, unless you score a headshot. It's a trade-off Enfield is a relible 1-shot killer but the CZ lets you engage from safer distances.

Basically, the weapon damage values are fine. Remember kiddos ArmA is a simulation NOT a game. There is no such thing as 'balance'.

Edited by ZakTurbo

Many of the people who are first to demand fixes to items ASAP as game-breakers and the first to complain when fixes are added and then cause more bugs.

If anyone is DEMANDING anything, they should get the fuck out of this community. FACT.

• Like 1

In the matter of DC, why not just add a logout timer at least? You can detect when someone commits a self defense kill rather than a murder, why don't you just apply the same reasoning with disconnects? If someone has shot at a person and tries to disconnect within five minutes of initiating pvp contact, they get a 10-20 second logout timer. That gives the community a chance to deliver the punishment themselves and kill that mofo while he's waiting to be a coward.

I never said it could be fixed easily. I know how to fix it, but is a major architectural update that has the potential for serious risk. It will need significantly more testing, I mean weeks if not months, rather than just being rolled out in a standard update.

Rocket, take a look into latest Domination Maps from Xeno, there is a "nice" feature. After every time u pressing ESC to Abort or Respawn, they will fade out for 10 Seconds ( Ok helps not against ALT+F4 ) but for the first for the most it will be very usefull and helps a little bit so u can work on your version of the DC fix ;)

Mind cluing us in on what sort of server-hopping fix you have in mind, so that we can discuss it in theory? Once the technology gets in place, we want you to implement the best possible version of the fix.

Are the developers aware of the certain issues around here? I see Arma X users have difficulty to play due to stuck on Loading screen, including myself. Will this be fixed or what? As an Arma X user, I still can't play this mod.

Edited by Valentino

I just found a ghillie suit, not safe to put on? :(

Switch to 1.7.2.1 and you'll be fine

Switch to 1.7.2.1 and you'll be fine

Has anyone with pre-existing ghillie been able to log in after 1.7.2.1 and not lose it?

Are the developers aware of the certain issues around here? I see Arma X users have difficulty to play due to stuck on Loading screen, including myself. Will this be fixed or what? As an Arma X user, I still can't play this mod.

I'm an ArmaX user too, and your options seem to be:

a. Roll back to 1.7.5.1 and beta 93965 - and connect to servers running this version

b. Install latest beta and 1.7.2.1 - and connect to servers running that version

The above worked for me and came from a post which I can't find. Shame as I wanted to thank the guy!

Edited by withers

a. Roll back to 1.7.5.1 and beta 93965 - and connect to servers running this version

b. Install latest beta and 1.7.2.1 - and connect to servers running that version

The above worked for me and came from a post which I can't find. Shame as I wanted to thank the guy!

Thanks, but do you know how I can roll back to 1.7.5.1? And how can I update it to 1.7.2.1? Launching my six launcher doesn't work, I still have 1.7.2

Edited by Valentino

1.7.2.1 works fine with arma x

a rollback to 1.7.5.1 ;) i dont think so

but you can try the 1.7.1.5 version

Edited by Criddler

Why doesn't my game recognize 1.7.2.1? :I