rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

experiences from 1.7.2.2:

Managed to connect, played fine for 5 seconds then blackscreen with some blue tearing. Sound was fine, though, so I could enjoy the noises of zombies eating me. Appears my graphics drivers got fucked somehow. Don't know if this can be related to the patch, though, thought I'd mention it just in case. I'm currently running some GPU screening software to check for whatever :(

Because an FTP server is great for overloading a connection. By limiting the amount of simultaneous connections, Bohemia makes sure the FTP server won't explode. Would you prefer it that the server goes down completely for every new beta patch / update?

The average patch size is 8 MB ... even at 32 KB/s, it means the patch will be downloaded in 8 x 1024 / 32 = 1024 / 4 = 256 seconds = 4 minutes

If the server is on a 100 mbps port, than the server could handle in theory well above 80 mbps after deducting overhead and tcp/ip stuff, but let's be pessimists and say it can do 80mbps sustained... so it could handle about 80 mbps / 8 * 1024 / 32 = 320 users concurrently. With gigabit links, you're well over 3000 users.

320 concurrent users is NOTHING for a well configured web server, serving a 8 MB file that's completely cached in memory by the operating system (and you have GB/s read/write with the current computer memory)

I downloaded the file from the FTP with about 80-90KB/s so I can only assume the server is capped to about 100 concurrent users.

later edit: HTTP server would also give you the ability to show an error message saying the download is not available right now, or redirect the download to an Amazon cloud server when your server is overloaded.

As it is right now, it's just not user friendly, the connect refusal confuses browsers which then ask for passwords that don't exist.

Edited by mariush

It looks like SixUpdater released the update too early. Personally, I'll be waiting for official word.

supposedly sixupdater pushed this too soon, and it is not the official update.

Although the official one is scheduled for today, apparaently the one in use now is a 'leaked' internal version.

(edit) The server update in use is not the official one.

Edited by DaveyP

Don't bother with 1.7.2.2 until you hear anything about it officially, it's bugging with the hive and supposedly wasn't supposed to be released yet.

Someone on another forum said that 1.7.2.2 from Six Updater was released too early and it's not the actual version.

Apparently zombies aren't aggro'ing on 1.7.2.2 servers now.

What this means is that we will have to wait for the following before we can play -

a. Six Updater to either give us a rollback version or the actual 1.7.2.2

b. Server owners to update to the correct 1.7.2.2 patch or roll back

Six Updater also updated our Arma II version to 1.61.xxxx, which hopefully is the beta and not the RC, because you cannot roll back from the RC and may not even be able to upgrade from it according to BI. If Six Updater has rolled out the RC patch I will be furious, because it means we will need to reinstall.

So hopefully, all that needs to happen now is for Six Updater to give us some files that actually work. If they've given us the RC though (which I doubt), it's a little more complicated.

Just joined 1.7.2.2 and:

- my ghillie is then lost forever even if I never joined a 1.7.2 server

- I don't have anymore command description (example: "Pickup Chemlight") and I cannot select them with mousescrool because I don't see them at all

What is happening?

Edited by punisher.ita

Did you patch to the ninjahotfixbreakeverything patch? Well here is a fix someone was kind enough to post somewhere else. If you are on 1.7.2.2 and are waiting for host do this

go to your steamapps/common/arma2operationarr/@dayz/addons

delete all the files there

use the se1.dayz.nu site to download the torrent for those files

copy and past the files you get from that torrent into the add ons folder

then run Arma 2 OA through steam, don't use sixlauncher

then just find a 1.7.2 server, it wasn't hard.

Did you patch to the ninjahotfixbreakeverything patch?

Which one?

My game was perfect since 1.7.2.1 today.

Just got 1.7.2.2.

I lost ALL MY GEAR, I lost my revolver with 5 clips, I lost my winchester with about 45 slugs, food, coke, pepsi, I lost my alice pack.

and guess what? I even died. Now I have spawned and I am glitching inside some factory structure, probably near electro.

Thank you. Sincerely. Oh the noobs I could have shot with that revolver and winchester,k. But no, I lose it all to another broken update. Now I have to put another hour or two to get them back.

Seriously, this is ridiculous.

Just got 1.7.2.2.

I lost ALL MY GEAR, I lost my revolver with 5 clips, I lost my winchester with about 45 slugs, food, coke, pepsi, I lost my alice pack.

and guess what? I even died. Now I have spawned and I am glitching inside some factory structure, probably near electro.

Thank you. Sincerely. Oh the noobs I could have shot with that revolver and winchester,k. But no, I lose it all to another broken update. Now I have to put another hour or two to get them back.

Seriously, this is ridiculous.

This is an alpha, quit getting attached to your gear. This will happen ove rnad over and over. Go back to modern warfare kiddo.

All of you guys bitching about losing your items were probably bitching at Rocket 2 weeks ago to release the patch. Shut the fuck up.

yeah i saw a server with 1.7.2.3 on it as well. six didn't even give me an option to update to it, though, so i guess it can't be played yet.

I just played on a 1.7.2.2 server and finally it works for me! I could not play the 1.7.2 cause i got stuck at loading every time. Im playing with the Arma X version.

I dont noticed any bugs on 1.7.2.2 it works perfectly for me ;)

im glad they released it earlier finally i can play :)

trying to log on to a 1.7.2.2. server but the only ones i can find are based in europe and full to capacity

I just played on a 1.7.2.2 server and finally it works for me! I could not play the 1.7.2 cause i got stuck at loading every time. Im playing with the Arma X version.

I dont noticed any bugs on 1.7.2.2 it works perfectly for me ;)

im glad they released it earlier finally i can play :)

No.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/31523-problems-with-six-updater-file/

Shit is broken, it's an alpha, and that happens. What I'm not cool with is the lack of comunication from the devs about what the fuck is going on. We need a fresh update on what rocket and co. have been doing, what happened with the patch today, what they are looking at in terms of fixing it, and what we can, or should be doing to fix things on our end.

• Like 2

It looks like SixUpdater released the update too early. Personally, I'll be waiting for official word.

that's what I was thinking. or they released it without saying anything to avoid a mad rush

trying to log on to a 1.7.2.2. server but the only ones i can find are based in europe and full to capacity

And if you try to join them you just sit at waiting for host. I've tried downloading that torrent and rolling back. But regardless of what I do I can't seem to join any servers as I can't get rid of 1.7.2.2 being detected. I'm not using Six launcher to launch either. I'm using my executable i created within sixlauncher, but that shouldn't be updating it.

On a side note, how do you guys launch dayz? Do you launch combined operations through steam? when i do that it doesn't detect @dayz mod in the top right hand corner and when i try to join a serve rit says Bad connection WRong version.

oohh! my button just went to update on 6 launcher! IMMA CLICK THE HELL OUT OF IT!