rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

Just played for about 1 hour.

Didn't notice any bugs, had a large FPS increase, all was good :D

I seemed to have zombies running out of the woods (deerstands) as I ran by, I was pretty far away. I'm not sure if I like this, but...I sorta do. Could be chipped down a tad though

Has the "Waiting for Character Creation" / Hive issues been resolved?

I'm having a problem downloading the Beta Patch. I keep getting the error saying "ArmA2 OA is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted.".

Is this your 1st time running DayZ/ArmA2?

What are you clicking to start ArmA2/DayZ?

Where did you instal everything?

That error is often linked to starting the wrong exe so I'd suggest getting Six Updater to manage, instal and check for future updates. Read the New Players forums for all info regarding the above.

Has the "Waiting for Character Creation" / Hive issues been resolved?

Is this your 1st time running DayZ/ArmA2?

What are you clicking to start ArmA2/DayZ?

Where did you instal everything?

That error is often linked to starting the wrong exe so I'd suggest getting Six Updater to manage, instal and check for future updates. Read the New Players forums for all info regarding the above.

I already have been playing the game for the past 3 weeks, and had no problem downloading 1.60.93825, but for some reason, I am running into problems downloading 1.60.94444. Also, to be fair, Six Updater isn't that great, I don't even second guess on not using it, because manual installation isn't really hard to do.

Unfortunately i'm getting more problems with this then the last release.

I'm getting the yellow and red chains (connection problem) ALOT and I rarely did before, and i'm even getting them on servers where I have very low ping. And have alot more problems connecting to servers, some won't connect at all where they did before.

I did notice a difference with the zombies.. like I got used to their behaviour and all of a sudden foudn them in new places and was like 'ahh I could sneak aroudn there before' and i'm finding they seem to be in bigger groups now and I have way more chasing me.

Other than that didn't play long enough to say much else as I got sick of connection problems happening.

But I know it will be fixed, your doing a awesome job guys!

WHen i first updated.....zombies seemed to detect me from way far away && the hatchet didnt have to be reloaded. But seemingly after the reported server side updates both of these seemed to revert. Im just posting my experience with the updates for anyone who may find it useful. Thanks

ns (connection problem) ALOT and I rarely did before, and i'm even getting them on servers where I have very low ping. And have alot more problems connecting to servers, some won't connect at all where they did before.

I have noticed this problem a fair bit with servers, 99% of the time it does nothing, but just yesterday I just keeled over and died near a tree, luckily my mate was nearby and told me I was frozen in the middle of a field getting shot at, that was because of the connection error.

Also it says that the need to reload crowbars/hatchets has been fixed, every hatchet I've picked up still needs to be reloaded to be used.

Other than those 2 things no major issues, minus the ghillie suit bug (stupidly, I didn't read about it and lost everything bar my toolbelt and backpack), but that's a known bug.

Edit: Also I have noticed zombies being agro'd from a lot further away now, I could be crouch running in a field at least 200m from a town and a random zombie could come running towards me.

Edited by Devil4444123

For the love of god bads.

Its Alpha, Learn what that is.

Rollbacks are NEVER going to happen.

Dont like losing your shit? Having to start all over again constantly? DONT PLAY TILL ITS PROPERLY RELEASED.

I know what an alpha is, but before ANY major update they should always have a database backup on hand JUST IN CASE the shit hits the fan, like with this update or say any bad update. It's only good practice to do such things, ESPECIALLY during testing. How many times do I have to say I don't care if I lose my gear for you people to understand that? It's not about losing gear, it's about having common sense practices and fail safes in place JUST IN CASE. You can say "it's ALPHA!!!" till you're blue in the face to me, that doesn't excuse them for not being prepared and having backup plans if an update goes horribly wrong.

Edited by kicktd
  • Like 1

performance: top! smooth gameplay

zombies: flop! eagle eye (crouching is needless), instant respawn

another problem: i killed a guy and his dead body disappeared after 1 minute

• Like 1

I know what an alpha is, but before ANY major update they should always have a database backup on hand JUST IN CASE the shit hits the fan, like with this update or say any bad update. It's only good practice to do such things, ESPECIALLY during testing. How many times do I have to say I don't care if I lose my gear for you people to understand that? It's not about losing gear, it's about having common sense practices and fail safes in place JUST IN CASE. You can say "it's ALPHA!!!" till you're blue in the face to me, that doesn't excuse them for not being prepared and having backup plans if an update goes horribly wrong.

If you care that much you shouldn't use known buggy equipment like the Ghillie Suit...

Ps no probs for me with this update. A bit harder, but too early to judge.

Edited by SeanOfTheDead

No, they shouldn't. They should expect us as testers to suck it up and not care, and start again with our heads held high.

You are talking about what should happen with a full release, sorry.

So is the current 1.7.2 patch still having issues with ghillie suits and camo clothing?

I'm currently wearing camo clothing, but haven't logged in since 1.7.1.5, so should I just wait for the inevitable 1.7.2.1 hotfix?

But then when would they roll it back? After many people already started playing and collecting equipment, and didn't lose all their stuff? I don't think it would be feasible to roll it back for just a few players. And many people wouldn't immediately realize their char is screwed, but probably 1-2 days later.

Anyway I've died about 4 times since the new patch (and narrowly missed 2 assassination attempts), so I'm very familiar with losin' all my stuff :D

Edited by z64dan

So I just updated and spawned with absolutley no gear at all, nothing. Same location I logged out from though.

Is there anything I can do to get my gear back ?

T

So I just updated and spawned with absolutley no gear at all, nothing. Same location I logged out from though.

Is there anything I can do to get my gear back ?

T

nope, your gear is gone. As they've stated multiple times, they don't reinburse/replace lost gear for any reason.

I thought there was a money back garuntee? I'm taking it up withthe alpha testing better business bureau :)

• Like 1

Not so sure about the new Infected spawning. Was on a hunting tower. Had to shoot one and then 20 arrived. I could shoot 10 and then I was mobbed by more and more. The ARMA hit model also sucks. I shoot and they are right in front of me queuing. No effect with a Lee Enfield full body hit. Also lost one char to a toilet door closing breaking both arms and legs. Although I had morphine, I was again mobbed.

Edited by Ankhenaten

I had to try on some camo clothing i came across to see if the rumors were true;-) and they are. flashed to water for one second, then everything im my inventory was gone... but my opack was still there, with the stuff in there. (bye bye m240.. nvg's... range finder.. m9sd.. but i still got this fricken l85 ACOG GL.. i cant seem to get rid of it... ive swapped it for a m107, a mk48 a m249... everytime i respawn that gun is back, and my kewl new gun is gone) Back to hunting for treasure, its all good.

So is the current 1.7.2 patch still having issues with ghillie suits and camo clothing?

I'm currently wearing camo clothing, but haven't logged in since 1.7.1.5, so should I just wait for the inevitable 1.7.2.1 hotfix?

Yes. If you login now you'll lose your gear and camo clothing. Wait for the hotfix to (hopefully) fix the issue.

Been playing the 1.7.2.1 update for the past half hour or so..

it's been awesome! :)

I noticed the zombies seem to be *extremely* easy to agro (even at night which is the time of the server I'm on)

But it's understandable, and it's not like they're hard to lose.

I've definitely got better fps and loading times seem quicker. Just need to update my beta patch so I can play with the updated servers.

zombies: flop! eagle eye (crouching is needless), instant respawn

Exponential probability seems to mean one shot alerts exponentially also loads of infected. I also don't get exponentially, I mean exponentially to a probability of 1? Or exponential to a probability of + inf?

Something that's asymptotic on 1 seems better, it feels like + inf.

Edited by Ankhenaten

I thought there was a money back garuntee? I'm taking it up withthe alpha testing better business bureau :)

Thank you, I haven't laughed this hard in ages. Holy hell I am keeping a copy of this one.