Kyiara

Stable Update 1.20

3 hours ago, PATAPOsha said:

So, after 10 years of intese development it is still possible to disable textures on client side and shoot palyers through the walls.
Nice Job, Dev team! Still not playable.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T171023

dunno about disabling textures, but u can easily shoot thru most walls/objects in dayz for many years. search youtube for "how penetration works in dayz" by wobo.

21 hours ago, erares said:

@Kyiara Is there a reason why the title of your updates claim these updates are released on 08.03. 2022 and not 2023?

Thanks for noticing, fixed 🤜🤛

16 hours ago, etwas said:

dunno about disabling textures, but u can easily shoot thru most walls/objects in dayz for many years. search youtube for "how penetration works in dayz" by wobo.

Not that case. Cheater admited he is cheating in a voice chat...
And it was thick concrete wall that you can't shoot through under normal condiditions.
image.png

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, PATAPOsha said:

And it was thick concrete wall that you can't shoot through under normal condiditions.
image.png

You can shoot through those with M16.

I had a firefight from one of those into the other one THROUGh the wallls xD

On 3/15/2023 at 5:39 PM, DefectiveWater said:

No, and I don't think they have any plans to fix it anytime soon... if ever.

sadge, I read they even fixed it for Arma 3.

• Beans 1

8 hours ago, Buakaw said:

sadge, I read they even fixed it for Arma 3.

Really? Makes me wonder if they'll fix it eventually.

This was their statement from November 2021: "We currently do not plan to change this behaviour." I hope there was an emphasis on "currently", which would mean: "eventually we'll fix it".

will this fix the "glitching" when fighting the dead and falling through the floor and dying?  It is frustrating to die after 8 hours of building through no fault of my own.

Il 16/03/2023 alle 14:10, PATAPOsha ha scritto:

Quindi, dopo 10 anni di intenso sviluppo è ancora possibile disabilitare le texture lato client e sparare ai giocatori attraverso i muri.
Bel lavoro, team di sviluppo! Ancora non giocabile.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T171023

I don't think these are "cheats", but "bad features" of the original game. That would must really change, but it's such an old and noted thing, that I have my doubts it will ever change. I'm amazed how many still don't know it and immediately think of tricks. It's just one of the many absurd crap in this game ... for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised it's done on purpose, like other nonsense in this game.
Watch Wobo's video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMbmtR3xgjc

PC Stable 1.20 Update 5 - Version 1.20.155981 (Released on 28.03.2023)

FIXED

• Kick messages were displayed publicly on the server
  • Fixed a game crash related to the server connection process
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Kyiara said:

PC Stable 1.20 Update 5 - Version 1.20.155981 (Released on 28.03.2023) [Стабильная версия 1.20 для ПК, обновление 5 — версия 1.20.155981 (выпущена 28 марта 2023 г.)]

FIXED [зафиксированный] 

• Kick messages were displayed publicly on the server [Кик-сообщения отображались публично на сервере] 
  • Fixed a game crash related to the server connection process [Исправлен вылет игры, связанный с процессом подключения к серверу.] 

Can you give an answer, and ignore the problem that the CIS servers are not displayed in your launcher?

Dear BIS,

could you please prioritize the Server Browser Problem to a higher priority?  (Refering to this ticket: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T170263 )

Its broken since several weeks and a lot of community servers are not showing up in the official server browser (launcher and ingame). Lof of players dont find their favourite servers unless they use 3rd party browsers like DZSA. Servers having problems with lower player count due to it. 

It is not a valve/steam problem. We narrowed it down already quite a bit. If you do a normal request to the steam master, you get every server without any problems.

Try this php script, you can see that all servers are here.

#!/usr/bin/php

<?php

$to_socket = stream_socket_client("udp://hl2master.steampowered.com:27011",

$errno, $errstr);

$last = "0.0.0.0:0";

while (true) {
$input = "1\xFF". $last. "\x00\gamedir\dayz\x00";

fwrite($to_socket, $input);

$packet = fread($to_socket, 4096);

$packet = substr($packet, 6);

while (strlen($packet) > 3) {

$i++;

$ip = substr($packet,0,4);

$port = substr($packet, 4,5);

echo $i . " " . inet_ntop($ip);

echo ":" . unpack("n", $port)[1];

echo "\n";

$packet = substr($packet, 6);

$last = inet_ntop($ip) . ":" . unpack("n", $port)[1];

}

if ($last == '0.0.0.0:0') {

break;

}

}

fclose($to_socket);

?>

Edited by krazikilla
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, Kyiara said:
  • Kick messages were displayed publicly on the server
  •  

actually i liked that.. bc i know there some one online was XD

the comm tab is broken AF

лучше бы починили лаунчер, многие новые игроки после распродажи не могут найти сервер, это очень большая проблема"!!, + many play through nvidia and there is no server at all!

Edited by Kreser

hotfix #5 for the so-called 'stability update' and yet the game has almost never been more broken lol 

• Like 1

I cannot update DayZ Tools with this update.  Is this a known issue?  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but same issue.  Gets about 90% of the way into the small update then just pauses.  Nice.

A quick question...

Did the Longhorn get nerfed in the last patch, or before? Three times today I shot a player from well under 100 yards and they all just shrugged it off like it was a water balloon that hit them. Surely, they all should have, at least, been rendered unconscious?

Nobody should be shrugging off a hit from .308, even if it is just from a Longhorn.

What the hell is going on with this game? I literally just shot an unarmed player point blank with a Tundra and they didn't even go uncon.

WTF?

On 4/8/2023 at 11:14 PM, Tonyeh said:

A quick question...

Did the Longhorn get nerfed in the last patch, or before? Three times today I shot a player from well under 100 yards and they all just shrugged it off like it was a water balloon that hit them. Surely, they all should have, at least, been rendered unconscious?

Nobody should be shrugging off a hit from .308, even if it is just from a Longhorn.

4 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

What the hell is going on with this game? I literally just shot an unarmed player point blank with a Tundra and they didn't even go uncon.

WTF?

there's a general misconception that 308 and 7.62x54r are big calibers... they're not, in fact all calibers in unmodded dayz are small bore calibers!
308 is actually the smallest round allowed to hunt the big 5 and only allowed in some countries, most countries requires bigger rounds.

dayz only have 'military rounds', even 308 found in hunting shacks is ball ammunition.
a jacketed bullet will go in/through pretty 'clean' unless it hits bones or vital organs, afaik the only vital organ dayz still have is the brain hitbox and the only bones you can break are your legs.

irl soldiers learn to check each other for wounds after a firefight, because of adrenaline some don't feel their wounds, adrenaline is a really powerful 'drug'.
think of it, you're enjoying the sun, out of nowhere you get shot, your reptile brain the amygdala kicks in, it's fight or flee and within seconds your pulse is up and your body is full of adrenaline.

dayz aims to be authentic, not going unconscious after being 1-shot with a jacketed small bore caliber is authentic... unless it's a headshot ofc

with every new patch i hope the devs moves forward and adds a rifle with 338, they could even rename it 338 puala magnum 🙂
i would use a chambered sako trg 42 over any other hunting/sniper rifle in the base game^^

308/7.62x51 is only slightly bigger than 7.62x39/5.56x45
https://imgur.com/oEftjtO

Edited by my_nick_was_taken
spelling
  • Beans 1

13 hours ago, my_nick_was_taken said:

there's a general misconception that 308 and 7.62x54r are big calibers... they're not, in fact all calibers in unmodded dayz are small bore calibers!
308 is actually the smallest round allowed to hunt the big 5 and only allowed in some countries, most countries requires bigger rounds.

dayz only have 'military rounds', even 308 found in hunting shacks is ball ammunition.
a jacketed bullet will go in/through pretty 'clean' unless it hits bones or vital organs, afaik the only vital organ dayz still have is the brain hitbox and the only bones you can break are your legs.

irl soldiers learn to check each other for wounds after a firefight, because of adrenaline some don't feel their wounds, adrenaline is a really powerful 'drug'.
think of it, you're enjoying the sun, out of nowhere you get shot, your reptile brain the amygdala kicks in, it's fight or flee and within seconds your pulse is up and your body is full of adrenaline.

dayz aims to be authentic, not going unconscious after being 1-shot with a jacketed small bore caliber is authentic... unless it's a headshot ofc

with every new patch i hope the devs moves forward and adds a rifle with 338, they could even rename it 338 puala magnum 🙂
i would use a chambered sako trg 42 over any other hunting/sniper rifle in the base game^^

308/7.62x51 is only slightly bigger than 7.62x39/5.56x45
https://imgur.com/oEftjtO

cool insight buddy!

Edited by LennyS-cbe65eb8a29b70ab

16 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

WTF?

https://youtu.be/ypjbrkkUFPQ

17 hours ago, my_nick_was_taken said:

Perhaps. But, in game, when you shoot someone who's unarmed at point blank range with a Tundra, one would (at the very least) expect them to go down. Not just run off as if you gave them a love tap.

And up til the last few days, I'd not seen that happen before in 9 years of playing the game.

Bizarre stuff.