Kyiara

Stable Update 1.20

Another absol;utely stupid bug that has been in the game over 2 years is the cursed magazine.  So on modded servers if you spawn in fresh with a weapon in hand that has a magazine loaded, you cannot use the reload shortcut, that magazine is "cursed".  You have to manually swap the mag out, and heaven forbid you keep the cursed mag in your inventory, because now that you can use the reload shortcut, if you put the cursed mag back in your weapon, you are back to square one.  PLEASE FIX THIS!   https://feedback.bistudio.com/T158378

1 hour ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Another absol;utely stupid bug that has been in the game over 2 years is the cursed magazine.  So on modded servers if you spawn in fresh with a weapon in hand that has a magazine loaded, you cannot use the reload shortcut, that magazine is "cursed".  You have to manually swap the mag out, and heaven forbid you keep the cursed mag in your inventory, because now that you can use the reload shortcut, if you put the cursed mag back in your weapon, you are back to square one.  PLEASE FIX THIS!   https://feedback.bistudio.com/T158378

Idk but i made for myself a script that with correct way loading firearm (pistol/rifle/intenal magazine rifle) and have no problems with that. Reloading my firearm with R key and everything works well without fast access and etc.

2 minutes ago, Sid Debian said:

Idk but i made for myself a script that with correct way loading firearm (pistol/rifle/intenal magazine rifle) and have no problems with that. Reloading my firearm with R key and everything works well without fast access and etc.

It's still a bug, two years old. 

6 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

It's still a bug, two years old. 

I'm not sure that that's a bug. Might be it's feature xD

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Man i don't know how but i often prefer to have about 10 mags and they ain't low capacity. And have never ever problems with reloading.

I have a logical problem that i spotted in 1.20: you can chamber ammo in rifle while mag is attached and chamber is empty.

Damn I took my AK-12, AK-103 and SKS. Only SKS can be chambered that way if you pull down next cartridge in rifles mag, but that ain't works with AR platform, same as with AK, about others I'll say nothing but dummy tho.

That's the real logic bug in the game, but coz it's not a single one I have nothing to say but God, what da heck do they do and already done!?

Edited by Sid Debian

Welcome to DayZ. A host of defects, more serious and lighter, of all kinds... so it is, so it was and so it will be... Resign yourself... or abandon him... you have no alternative anyway...

😕

5 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

Welcome to DayZ. A host of defects, more serious and lighter, of all kinds... so it is, so it was and so it will be... Resign yourself... or abandon him... you have no alternative anyway...

😕

Cmon, man looks deeper you had chose to not purchase the game xD

PC Stable 1.20 Update 3 - Version 1.20.155844 (Released on 01.03.2023)

If your community server was impacted by the duplicated objects through object spawner usage, we are highly recommending to wipe your server contents - or revert to a previous storage version - to assure game stability. Not following this procedure can result in severe instabilities.

FIXED

SERVER

• Fixed: Spawning objects with _DE-suffix by Object Spawner could result in them being duplicated with every server restart

KNOWN ISSUES

• Weapons that in previous version were bugged due to loading a bullet from a ruined magazine need to chamber a bullet to function again
  • The gear box of the M1025 might desync when shifted up in drive mode
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

FIXED

• Melee finisher attacks were ruining vests and backpacks of infected (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T170355)

Still happening

New Problem

• lightingConfig = 1;

Has stopped working

• disablePersonalLight = 1;

Has stopped working

1 hour ago, mmogamerperson said:

FIXED

• Melee finisher attacks were ruining vests and backpacks of infected (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T170355)

Still happening

It appears that this particular fix has been scheduled for 1.21 as per Geez's comment, contrary to all others mentioned in this hotfix.

Is it even possible to deliver a patch that has been tested and vetted before pushing to stable?  I mean it's only been 7+ years to get the processes down to a science.   I'm willing to forgive some issues, but it's every patch, and now the hotfixes are breaking things.  You guys should really spend this entire year fixing the absolute slanderous backlog of bugs in the feedback tracker, I mean the whole year.  But that's wishful thinking on my part, my right hand is full of crap and my left hand is empty as usual.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Is it even possible to deliver a patch that has been tested and vetted before pushing to stable?  I mean it's only been 7+ years to get the processes down to a science.   I'm willing to forgive some issues, but it's every patch, and now the hotfixes are breaking things.  You guys should really spend this entire year fixing the absolute slanderous backlog of bugs in the feedback tracker, I mean the whole year.  But that's wishful thinking on my part, my right hand is full of crap and my left hand is empty as usual.

stop whining 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, JustArmaThings said:

stop whining 

Stop creating duplicate accounts because you are too scared to state your opinion under your primary.  One of the rules of this forum is to not have duplicate accounts, the moderators have been informed.

• Haha 1

NY 5084 seems to be fully freshed wiped,  we was given no notice?  OFFICIAL  is this normal? Was we warned?  All bases are gone including my entire clans.... We lost everything..  Was all servers wiped?   

Someone, anyone please respond..  Was your server wiped?????    Day Z????

You realize, BI doesn't care about the Official servers or their players who play on them, Official servers are for players to try the game and see if it is for them, and 99% of the time are not even monitored by an admin only way it is monitored is by the AntiCheat, if you dont want your stuff removed or wiped play on a private server, iam not being argumentative or thereof, it is just a fact seriously.  They will not tell you it is being wiped, or anything on an Official unless it is a major update from 1.19 to 1.20 they will always wipe that is a guarantee, even possible for mid-wiping are there, but usually never said to anyone....is it normal yes, but honestly no use in complaining, or asking. PLay on officials if you want to kill others without remorse.  Play on Privates/Community for longevity.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, CyrusMonroe said:

You realize, BI doesn't care about the Official servers or their players who play on them, Official servers are for players to try the game and see if it is for them, and 99% of the time are not even monitored by an admin only way it is monitored is by the AntiCheat, if you dont want your stuff removed or wiped play on a private server, iam not being argumentative or thereof, it is just a fact seriously.  They will not tell you it is being wiped, or anything on an Official unless it is a major update from 1.19 to 1.20 they will always wipe that is a guarantee, even possible for mid-wiping are there, but usually never said to anyone....is it normal yes, but honestly no use in complaining, or asking. PLay on officials if you want to kill others without remorse.  Play on Privates/Community for longevity.

Mate I would not agree with you. At least if required wipe for update they often inform players about wipe and etc. Also there's additional thread where devs reported about wipe of server or maintenance of it, same as they are reporting about wiping on custom servers if it will be preformed in futire updates. So I'm singing that your point is a bit wrong. Yes I'm agreed with your point about public servers but that's not working for all and every second. With my regards.

On the main 1.19 to 1.20 yea, they always do, always seen them say a wipe is happening major updates, but mid/minor updates, I think i saw them say it once back in ~1.14  iirc maybe sooner minor updates...but other than that, no, never seen them ever say they are wiping main servers on minor updates, major yes minor no. I may be mistaking but, it is still a rare occurrence that they say anything at all.  Doing it, yes saying it, no.

You also have to look at what they even include in update list it is well known they do NOT include everything in the update list, this has been going on since .34  I have been playing since pre alpha, and no they dont always include everything, either purposefully or just honestly forgot, either way not 100% everything is listed, every time they update on here, let a lone wiping if they are or not going to do it.

As well, if you mean 'custom' as in 'private' or 'community' which are privately owned(ran) with mods. That is a diff story, that is upto the individual owners of said servers to wipe or not, i know this cause i have my own and I havent wiped since 1.16 to 1.17, there was/has never been any need to, I dont have problems, and i dont see in the foreseeable future if dont right to wipe, as everything run smoothly and efficiently...which I found weird that anyone has needed to wipe.

And as the OP was stating "NY 5084 " is an official not ran by a private party, BI owns this, as I was stating over all, as a general concept, they dont listen to the people who complain about being wiped...cause as they see it, expect it after any update....that is the attitude of said devs, as they dont advertise if there is going to be one which sucks but they dont always say there will be....one just expects it.

BUT if you think about it....one should just take it as(on an official server) 'well you died ... so start over' part of the game, and/or take it as 'someone raided you before you could get back to your base up in the NWAF and totally destroyed your base'  it would be the same thing happening as well either a wipe or a destruction raid.  Dont bother complaining about it seriously devs/admins dont really care, they have no need nor should they honestly, iam on their side on this.

I am not arguing, I am just explaining this is what I have seen since pre-alpha, and what I have had happen in the past 1000bajillion years that i have been playing and dealing and modding with dayz...just never actually made an account on here and actually said something.  Never needed to...till now really.

40 minutes ago, CyrusMonroe said:

On the main 1.19 to 1.20 yea, they always do, always seen them say a wipe is happening major updates, but mid/minor updates, I think i saw them say it once back in ~1.14 

No.  Not on the official forums.  They do not state whether there will be a wipe or not 100% of the time.  Nor do they wipe with every update..  Most of the time, on release day, I ask on the update thread here if they are going to wipe because they rarely announce it.  Welcome to the forums.

49 minutes ago, CyrusMonroe said:

I have been playing since pre alpha

You weren't playing DayZ before the alpha phase.  That is obviously false.  You're just making things up.  They wipe because of terrain changes and corrupt data.  Every 3 updates. 

@Kyiara can we please get the github updated with 1.20 files?

https://github.com/BohemiaInteractive/DayZ-Central-Economy - still 1.19

https://github.com/BohemiaInteractive/DayZ-Central-Economy/releases/tag/DZ_120 - this link points to archives created on Jan 17, before 1.20 released (I downloaded them and they are 1.19 anyway).

14 minutes ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

https://github.com/BohemiaInteractive/DayZ-Central-Economy/releases/tag/DZ_120 - this link points to archives created on Jan 17, before 1.20 released (I downloaded them and they are 1.19 anyway).

I will ask someone to look into it. Thanks for pointing it out.

On 2/27/2023 at 3:44 AM, Riddick_2K said:

😕

Bugs are fun and extend the game's durability cycle. The developer's persistence in fixing the game's problems is amazing.

Edited by John Maynard
  • Sad 1

On 3/4/2023 at 10:46 PM, helpthedeadwalk said:

Everything should be up to date. PLS le tme know If you are still having issues.