Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.19 (Change Log)

6 minutes ago, Pyongo Bongo said:

This could be imrpoved even more by randomizing loot spawn, only a tiny little bit: SVD can spawn in the train station of Kamyshovo (0,001% chance), beartraps, fishing rods or sporters also Heli and Gas loot (any item in the whole game) can spawn at tisy (also low low low chance). It would feel like a real more spicy world if you could sometimes find out of place items.

Maybe not kamyshovo, but I do agree that there should be a smallest of chances that you find any military tier loot in military areas, higher tiers obviously having higher chance but still extremely small chance.

• Beans 1

21 hours ago, Roddis said:

But so do more slope = more stamina consuming for example, but no one complain that you can climb mountains as nothing it seems.

"We fixed an issue that now allows players to move faster up and down hills, compared to flat terrain.
This doesn’t mean we’ve slowed a player down more when they’re walking through rough terrain.
While it’s something we’d like to do eventually, it was beyond the scope of this update.
" - 1.19 experimental release article on official site

As you can see, they clearly want movement to be more realistic/immersive.
So I'm kinda looking forward to that, hopefully it ends up being good.

Edited by DefectiveWater

On 9/22/2022 at 2:10 PM, radamantyz said:

I like the new character move configuration, feel more real and smooth for this kind of Game, i think we need understend this is a survival game and we can't get the ireal mobility like other Game like cod. This step improve the tactical over the rushing in PVP situation, I admit that it takes some time adap to the new increased inertia but it seems fine to me.  In other matters the cars still jump and wobble, I think it's less and more controllable than before but obviously more polishing is needed, the braking thing has changed a lot, the car seems to have less braking force and makes it easier to crash Comparing it with the previous version, it may be a matter of habit which seems to me that in the first instance the community may not like it because they feel more difficult to control.

After more hours of play I have to say that I have completely adapted to the new driving and it seems great to me, the test server with excess vehicles was very bad with the lag issue, I guess because of so many bodies, loot, cars and in spite of everything the cars worked very well, very stable, something that was very common was that shortly after starting a car suddenly on my screen I saw how it was moving forward but my co-driver told me that we were standing still and that it was only moving against the wall, none of us could get out of the vehicle because the option did not appear and at the time of relogging the car had disappeared, it also happened to me that when I hit a tree the screen went black and the game crashed, when relogging the car was gone.

I love the inertia in the character 

I can’t wait to try out cars again. I’m really interested in seeing how many bandaids it took to make vehicles passable.  

• Beans 1

On 9/22/2022 at 6:34 PM, GlitchedGamerBI said:

how does it mean staying in water can make you drown? I've only tried as fresh spawn and I dehydrated, starved, and froze to death faster than drowning. Should I have not been swimming? would I need to carry a lot of weight?

i think it prob means for the people who sit in ponds camping and laydown so they cant be seen, they will now drown.

26 minutes ago, TheReverendMeat-aaee22f24460e2b0 said:

i think it prob means for the people who sit in ponds camping and laydown so they cant be seen, they will now drown.

Maybe it’s a measure to prevent exploits?

Liking the new inertia thingy, even if it sometimes feels very skatey? But I find I'm getting caught on objects far too often and it means I have to log out if I can't jump to move again.

But the state of loot in 1.19 needs looking at. Nearly everything I come across is Damaged or Badly Damaged. I think that needs to be tweaked downwards a good bit.

Other than that, 1.19 has been fine.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

46 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Maybe it’s a measure to prevent exploits?

Also for some other thing that I won't name, I'll guess that's the main reason for it.

I could send it in private message, but don't want to state it here on the forums. Not a bug or anything game breaking.

Edited by DefectiveWater

Yea. Maybe some pointless lore crap or new area interaction.  But I’m hoping it’s something practical like fixing game breaking exploits. 

An observation so far, there is a lot of getting stuck/clipping in geometry. Like passing under an archway and getting stuck at the base, getting stuck indoors, entering amusement park shooting range and clipping through the roof, sudden jumps off the stairs A lot of the times it looks like the character floor and real floor are not aligned, so the character is slightly above the real floor. 

Also, is the hotbar being turned-off automatically? 

And a suggestion, GPS should also display a compass. 

Sunrise in Livonia 🙂 

]GMIIir2.png

Edited by William Sternritter
  • Like 1

Played last night for a good couple hours. Getting stuck on edges of things and not being able to pick up dead chickens were the most annoying things we experienced. Getting stuck on stuff; we were able skirt around and jump and get unstuck, but in a combat situation, or getting cornered by zeds, it could be bad. Chickens were just inconsistent. At first it just appeared you cant pick them up or even cut them up, but sometimes you can if you wait or find the right spot and can get it, anybody else have this issue? (Off topic; seeing ducks in Deadside makes me want them in DayZ)

Item condition was not a huge deal for me, i found a decent amount of things in worn or pristine, but my buds felt it was nothing but broke stuff. I like the fact that you have to be more careful and check different parts and ammo, though 2d scopes like the hunting scope have no damage texture. Obviously there will be significant bias with such a large change, but i think it's beneficial and finding good condition stuff should be rare. 

On inertia; We all got used to it very quickly and felt it's nothing but a benefit to the PVP. We have yet to find PVP, so it's just our initial thoughts. 

• Like 3

On 9/22/2022 at 9:10 PM, radamantyz said:

I like the new character move configuration, feel more real and smooth for this kind of Game, i think we need understend this is a survival game and we can't get the ireal mobility like other Game like cod. This step improve the tactical over the rushing in PVP situation, I admit that it takes some time adap to the new increased inertia but it seems fine to me.  In other matters the cars still jump and wobble, I think it's less and more controllable than before but obviously more polishing is needed, the braking thing has changed a lot, the car seems to have less braking force and makes it easier to crash Comparing it with the previous version, it may be a matter of habit which seems to me that in the first instance the community may not like it because they feel more difficult to control.

"Brake strength can be adjusted by combining it with Ctrl (light) and Shift (strong)"

On 9/23/2022 at 2:58 AM, Riddick_2K said:

A former Soviet republic with Hummers, US military vehicles? New kind of science fiction? 🤨

You can also find US helicopters and US military weapons. Did you ever played the game? 😉

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

6 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Sunrise in Livonia 🙂 

]GMIIir2.png

Woah! Where can I get this Minecraft texturepack?? xD

Vehicles feel AMAZING!!! I'm so excited for this on stable and to have and see more vehicles driving around. I'm so excited for this. Hoping you add a bunker in Chernarus....

10 hours ago, penguin511 said:

Chickens were just inconsistent. At first it just appeared you cant pick them up or even cut them up, but sometimes you can if you wait or find the right spot and can get it, anybody else have this issue?

Action prompts can be wonky on a good day, but this patch put it to overdrive. I suspect it has to do with the general collision issues. For example a prompt for filling a canteen would appear only about a meter away from a well. Standing right next to the well would only give me drink action. Same goes for picking items up from beds/shelves. You need to be at a certain distance and angle. It feel's like we're all wearing eye patches and the dept perception is completely off 😄

Little big change I suggest here. I think GPS should have a system slightly more immersive than X/Y coordinates, like add some real (fake or invented for the lore if legally incompatible) latitude/longitude, and reflect them on the tourist map as well. I explain what I mean with an example:

GPS showing the following: 53°13'03.3"N 23°34'49.1"E, and then in the map it shows some horizontal and vertical lines (apart from the grid) that shows 53°13'N, 53°14'N, 53°15'N... and 23°34E, 23°35E, 23°36E... these separate in real life about one kilometer each, so it's viable in my opinion.

This makes it not to be so straight forward at first for a new player but once you know it, it's fast and easy to use this GPS information together with a map, apart that IMO adds lots of immersion.

Maybe not add real life coordinates but invent a more complex system than just X/Y, since real life ones could legally be tricky, I have no idea about this.

• Like 1

Very good changes,thank you.Especially the added zig zaging inertia and the acceleration/deceleration were much needed.And this is coming from a full pvp player.It is more realistic and closer to PUBG which is a very good thing.Here are some additions/suggestions for future patches:

- further compliment the physics upgrade by disabling the ability to run when reloading a gun (restrict speed to jogging speed which is much more realistic)

- make throwing mechanism to be used with jog speed.right now it's very restrictive.

- slower the speed of the character when going uphills/running up stairs.

- make eye zoom server specific on/off.There is no eye zoom in real life :D.This makes binoculars and scopes/sights more relevant.

- make peeking's range of motion with Q and E less, it's absurdly high breaking your spine left and right and looks funny(optimal looks like PUBG)

- make ammo craftable and the resources needed to do so rare

- lower the collision distance of the guns with walls (it is very annoying trying to peek someone and having your gun raised even tho u are not that close to the wall,have died many times to this)

- bring back the sound effect when u get a bleeding

- make bandaging multiple wounds continuous without needing to bandage each wound individually

- introduce the awm/awp to the game.There is no military grade sniper(bolt action) in the game right now,everything is civilian (no SVD is DMR not SR)

- implement a healing item (item that heals the health of a player over time like iv saline bag does to blood)

- medical splint

- reduce vehicle engine noise (it is unbearable at the moment of 1.18)

- bring back leather clothing/bow-crossbow-red 9/spray paint/pen

- field shovel

- fix the slower ads speed when you have a close range scope on the gun (much slower compared to iron sights ads time)

Thank you again for reading and I hope these suggestions reach the right persons,cheers.

EDIT : After actually playing the expiremental,I have to rephrase a bit.The left and right inertia feels extremely floaty like you are trying to navigate through water.It feels more like delayed response/input lag than inertia.It needs to be turned down it's too much.Everything else is good like the acceleration from jog to full speed,the cars blah blah.

Edited by pab-ababc74b501bd1bc
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 9/22/2022 at 12:39 AM, Kyiara said:

Reduced the speed of the player when running up/down steep terrain

Does the same apply to infected?

1 hour ago, pab-ababc74b501bd1bc said:

- lower the collision distance of the guns with walls (it is very annoying trying to peek someone and having your gun raised even tho u are not that close to the wall,have died many times to this)

I hope they never do this.  We just got it so guns cannot shoot through walls.

• Sad 1

For the love of God, please get a few more servers up for Livonia Exp. 

You knew it was gonna be a big update that would draw a lot of People in. But here we are, queing continously. 

Also, where is my bow?! 😀 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, penguin511 said:

On inertia; We all got used to it very quickly and felt it's nothing but a benefit to the PVP. We have yet to find PVP, so it's just our initial thoughts. 

I've no way to quantify it, but I think I'm getting more kills because people can't simply mash the A and D buttons and jink around like maniacs.

Hi there, currenlty am testing 1.19 livonia and I'm getting the following issue: the valves in bunker water maintenance room are not working for me, when I try to use them my character just crouch and do animation but not actually touch the valves and the "action icon" (don't know how is technically called, I mean the circle that fills while doing any action) aborts the operation without finishing the full circle, it tries 3/4 times then abort. Already saw some clips of people operating valves and their character don't crouch and grab the valve correctly, then water level change, even if I see that it's sort of bugged as water level goes down and up instantly, before lower as expected and allow access to the drain tunnels. Have to say that I already heavy modded the server, in order to test the compatibility status at this early EXP times, so am not sure the issue can't be related to some of them, however I got the same issue also when I had just CF and VPPadmintools, before installing all the other mods. I'd setup another EXP server and keep it unmodded to test valves at pure vanilla, just it will take some time as I'd need to equip and reach the bunker without admintools, so I'm asking here if somebody else had the same issue or similar when operating valves and if there are know bugs on that mechanism at this early EXP stage. Also seen the unreachable hangars (the empty one and the other with just fence gates and cell beds) so I'm supposing the bunker is still unfinished and maybe those doors will open at some point, in a still unknow way. Last thing: what's the glowing stuff at the end of one of the tunnels, under the wires on the dirt pile? lol, it glows in the dark like some banovish mineral, there are two of them and doesn't seem to be some casual stuff.

TIA for any reply about my issue, regards

(EDIT: logout and relog or exit and restart the game doesn't fix the valves issue, I tested multiple times just teleporting me in front of the bunker main gate, then I open the gate with the punched card and go to the water maintenance room in the standard way, no teleporting, no fly mode)

Edited by alb3z