Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.19 (Change Log)

I feel like zeds should at least do a few hits on you while you are uncon, at least that. So if one attacks you and uncons you, you won't die all the time.
But if you get swarmed by 3-4, and each one does several hits on you while you are uncon, you might actually die.
Number of hits could have some random element to it, so that it's not always guaranteed that you will come out alive or that you will always die.

Think of it as them getting "bored" of hitting you while you are uncon. It's debatable if they would understand whether you are alive or uncon (maybe they are dumb lol).

They also should tweak the bleeding speed from zeds, it's waaay too much currently, but to even it out they should buff the melee damage of the zeds.
It feels like I bleed from zeds as fast as I do from gunshot wounds, might not be correct, but it sure feels like it.

Edited by DefectiveWater

1 hour ago, Tonyeh said:

They should all kill you. What's the point in them otherwise?

I'll never understand why the devs decided to make them pacifists. Being overwhelmed and killed by the infected should absolutely be a way to check out on DayZ. As it stands you can just let yourself get knocked out, then wake up, dust yourself off, and carry on...la de da.

They might as well just take them out altogether now.

Yea. 10 zombies should spell death and small fender-benders shouldn’t kill a person. They got it backwards right now. 

How do you set the object scale using functions?

obj.SetScale(float); does not seem to work for this, is there a new function ?

On 9/21/2022 at 5:39 PM, Kyiara said:

Reduced the chance of weapons jamming by about 50% to account for damaged magazines now appearing more often

This may not be necessary.  Even without the ability to readily repair magazines, it seems authentic that a weapon jams.  Related, having numerous ways to repair a magazine would be welcome.

On 9/21/2022 at 5:39 PM, Kyiara said:

Most of the items in the world now have their damage state randomized

I think this is a good move.  It's been nice finding things in a random state.  Some things don't make sense as badly damaged, but still usable.  Like potato chips, candy, and weapon magazines.   If candy is badly damaged, but still usable, it must just have a dirty wrapper, right?  Same with weapon magazines.  If weapon magazines are sincerely 'badly damaged' they wouldn't be usable.  These are machined items that don't necessarily require specific gun cleaning parts.  

Maybe a large number of these items that appear in the world, that are now 'badly damaged,' just need to be cleaned.  This is the obvious logic.  A simple rag could be used to restore certain items to worn condition.  Non-perishible food, weapon magazines, medical items, and other items that would normally be completely ruined by taking any amount of damage IRL could just be cleaned by rags.  

Fixing up all your stuff is a great time sink.

Edited by Parazight
  • Like 2

On 9/29/2022 at 4:27 PM, Salutesh said:

There is one point missing further information.
"Crashing into objects with the M1025 at low speeds would still result..." into instand death?!

😄 Sorry, I totally missed that "in heavy damage to its components and the crew inside" 
Thank you 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I appreciate the addition of inertia a lot. In between other aspects, it is now more rewarding to be careful about concealment and cover. I have found an issue with it; if you run and go right and left as trying to "zigzag" there is a shake in the screen. Personally, these shaking feels very annoying to experience.

Cars seem solid. It took me time and crashed cars to realize how to brake properly by using shift + S after reading the tip from @penguin511 in here. After that, it is a good experience. I would say this shift combination is not very intuitive regarding the brake as it is for acceleration. There are still some short lag spikes from time to time, which I think it wasn't a big deal. Also, more than once I had to turn off the car and turn it on again because it didn't react to any key after stopping or slightly hitting something. Finally, it seems like that clown Elon Musk has to find another way to train his space program people for taking off to Mars. Jokes apart, I think it is a huge improvement over the past. Better late than never. Congratulations to the developers.

I haven't played Livonia yet as I want to "reserve" it for when it hits stable and enjoy the explorations without no other maps than the in-game one, which is a part I love from DayZ, although it was impossible for me not to watch some videos about the new areas in Livonia. I am looking forward to the 18th.

Personally, I would remove the map overlay and just leave it to see in 1PP open in your hands, but at least thank you for making it an option in server settings a few updates ago.

Thank you and keep it up. DayZ is a special experience for me, probably the only one in video games.

PC Experimental 1.19 Update 3 - Version 1.19.155361 (Released on 06.10.2022)

GAME

FIXED

• The character could easily get stuck on objects while moving
  • The character could get stuck in falling animation when moving over an edge very narrowly
  • Specific collisions could catapult the player into the air 
  • Falling unconscious in tight spaces could push characters through walls
  • Inertia remained active while jogging after sprinting (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T167630)
  • When falling in prone position, in certain cases the wrong landing animation would be played
  • A sound effect was missing for gas masks running out of filter capacity (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T166045https://feedback.bistudio.com/T166195)
  • It was possible to "walk down" ladders
  • It was possible to bury stashes in several places where it shouldn't have been possible
  • Vehicles did not deal damage to players while reversing (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T167751)
  • Vehicles did not produce smoke consistently when driving with a radiator with insufficient water (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T161793)
  • It was possible to drive vehicles with an active hand brake (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T167608)
  • Attempting to roll while lying on your back would consume stamina
  • The trunk struts on the M1025 would not animate properly
  • The M1025 wouldn't properly reflect its ruined state
  • The widget to drink water at wells did not always show up properly
  • It was not possible to ignite a fireplace under a roof higher than 5 meters, if it was raining
  • Inventory items could overlap in certain cases (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T167874https://feedback.bistudio.com/T167855)
  • The vicinity tab of the inventory could disappear in certain cases
  • Inspecting an item assigned to the quick-bar would make the quick-bar disappear (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T167628)
  • Some items would play wrong sounds when thrown
  • Certain parts of police situations were de-spawning too early
  • Launching the game with 6 monitors would result in a game crash (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T167813)
  • Fixed several minor terrain issues
  • Fixed several game crashes

CHANGED

• Changed vehicle horn sounds for better audibility
  • The common cold should appear less frequently when the character is cold
  • All optics apart from night-vision scopes can be repaired using the electronics repair kit
  • Increased the brake strength of the hand brake
  • Reduced water required to extinguish a fire when using the canister
  • Moved various hunting rifles into higher tiers and re-balanced their numbers
  • Re-balanced number of ammunition available within the world (increased number of piles, decreased the count in each)
  • Increased the number of available BK-12 in the world
  • Added a warning red line to the cooling water temperature in the vehicle HUD

LIVONIA DLC

• Added: A work-in-progress variant of "POX2" storage hangar
  • Added: New variants of the static wooden ammo boxes within the ammo storage hangars (POX and two opened variants)
  • Added: An additional hint towards the danger of the deeper underground levels
  • Fixed: Walking in deforested areas did not produce footstep sounds (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T167653)
  • Fixed: It was possible to catch animals with the snare trap in the underground area
  • Fixed: It was possible to clip through a section of the underground
  • Fixed: Various object placement fixes
  • Fixed: Inner doors of the main underground entrance had wrong sounds (metal instead of wood)
  • Fixed: It was not possible to bury stashes over the Dambog ammunition storage
  • Fixed: The punched card would clip with specific building floors
  • Changed: Various placement of the ammo boxes within the ammo storage hangars
  • Changed: Moved various hunting rifles into higher tiers and re-balanced their numbers
  • Changed: Re-balanced number of ammunition available within the world (increased number of piles, decreased the count in each)
  • Changed: Spawning of loot within Dambog ammo storage (dynamic ammo boxes were replaced by static ammo boxes with selected items spawned inside through dispatch spawner)
  • Changed: Updated the in-game Livonia tourist maps (portable and static)
  • Changed: Improved the transition of sounds when entering the underground
  • Tweaked: Increased the number of available BK-12 in the world
  • Tweaked: AmmoBox moved to dynamic events once again
  • Tweaked: Further adjustments of Livonia area flag map (military and hunting areas)
  • Tweaked: Town of Sitnik is now Tier 1
  • Removed: Special types of AmmoBox entity
  • Removed: Cleanup of mapgroupcluster05.xml as it is currently not used (Livonia contains much less cluster groups than in the last update)

LAUNCHER

• Fixed: A crash caused by exiting the game while having active server details in the server browser

SERVER

• Added: globals.xml entry "LootSpawnAvoidance" (int in meters) to control how far away a player should be from a loot group for loot to spawn inside of it (used to be hardcoded 50)
  • Fixed: Static_ assets loaded from CfgGameplay.json (objectSpawnersArr) were despawning randomly (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T166191)
  • Fixed: Setting 0.0 in the CE item damage made it ignore the value (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T167857)
  • Fixed: Dispatch Player avoidance
  • Fixed: Loot spawn player avoidance now takes group radius into account

MODDING

• Added: Support for "-=" operator for arrays in the config
  • Added: Player avoidance information is now displayed in on-screen debug of "Game > Central Economy > Setup Vis"
  • Fixed: It was not possible to teleport using the DayZDiag_x64.exe in Multiplayer
  • Changed: Updated CfgConvert in the tools
  • Thanks 3
  • Beans 1

I think the problem is that the events in the ammunition depot cannot be completed by solo play.

NAMLSK, which is more difficult, can clear the event by solo play.

There are many solo players in this game.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kyiara said:

Moved various hunting rifles into higher tiers and re-balanced their numbers
Re-balanced number of ammunition available within the world (increased number of piles, decreased the count in each)

2 very interesting changes, I like it.
Hopefully those guns are made rarer as they should be.

Edit:

13 hours ago, Kyiara said:

The character could easily get stuck on objects while moving
Inertia remained active while jogging after sprinting (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T167630)

With these 2 bugs fixed the game feels so much better to play now.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Kyiara said:

Moved various hunting rifles into higher tiers and re-balanced their numbers 

I think this was required but believe that another solution would be to simply have "Sawn off" weapons join the loot pool. I have made a argument for it before and maybe it's out of scope for this patch or the devs have their own reasoning against it, but from myself as a end player it would solve a lot of issues with getting to the "meta" early and dynamically increase the variety of weapons floating around.

• Like 3

Hmmm it's very curious will we evermore will see in the game the Icarus busses? Model is existing but no configs at all.

And i never thought that the trucked vehicle is wheeled vehicle...

New unreachable areas with unique loot? Not good news for single players. 😕
If you're playing on your own server, you can at least remove the loot from those areas and make them spawn somewhere else.
Anyway, this is definitely a new direction being taken by the developers here. A direction I don't like.

But I have a suggestion for solving the problem. A new switch for server configuration: "singleplayerfriendly". When set to 1, a normally inactive valve in the 2nd subsurface area becomes active and allows water level control.

Edited by Scoo1

On 9/22/2022 at 7:27 PM, JMB123 said:

In my Steam Library, when I right click DayZ, goto properties, Betas, there is no Experimental version for me.   I've restarted Steam a few times.   Any idea why I can't see the experimental branch in the US ?

you have another version of dayz in the steam libary that is calles dayz experimantel it should look like this file:///C:/Users/ichli/Downloads/Screenshot 2022-10-08 133736.png

Would be great to have access to the new CE files/Editor for Livonia? With the new update approching we need to start to plan out the map. But cannot do it without the right CE tools. Thanks.

5.45 got buffed in 1.19 (too much in my opinion) which makes AK74 deal more damage than AKM in basically all circumstances.
So what was the logic behind that? What's the point of AKM now? It's the rarest AK in the game but it's the worst one.

5.56 base damage values : 110/110 (health/shock) (no changes)
5.45 base damage values : 115/115 (1.19 buff)
7.62x39 base damage values : 110/110

I agree 5.45 did need a buff to be closer to 5.56, but this is too much, and it's even obvious it's too much because AK74 received a 20% nerf to projectile speed (from 880 m/s to 704 m/s). AKS-74u got an even harsher 28% nerf to projectile speed (704 > 501)

My suggestion: nerf 5.45 base damage values by 10 (or more so that AK74 and AKS-74u can keep their original projectile speeds), buff the aerodynamic value.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 2

On 10/9/2022 at 1:22 AM, uklogicdayz1066 said:

Would be great to have access to the new CE files/Editor for Livonia? With the new update approching we need to start to plan out the map. But cannot do it without the right CE tools. Thanks.

You already have it. Checkout bliss\addons\worlds_enoch_ce.pbo and extract it out of pbo. There would be all stock files for CE even areaflags.map

Hello experimental survivors. If someone could answer this question, I would appreciate it since I want to make sure it is not an issue with my end or a wider one. Has anyone experienced the camera stutter when running and "zigzaging" as described in this ticket https://feedback.bistudio.com/T168133? Thank you.

56 minutes ago, Nolhek said:

Hello experimental survivors. If someone could answer this question, I would appreciate it since I want to make sure it is not an issue with my end or a wider one. Has anyone experienced the camera stutter when running and "zigzaging" as described in this ticket https://feedback.bistudio.com/T168133? Thank you.

It's a known issue (affects basically everyone), devs have acknowledged it on the first day or two of the experimental. Hopefully they manage to fix it.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Beans 1

A couple things regarding ammo. On the topic of bugs; first being that the packed ammo condition doesn't seem to matter. A box in badly damaged condition opens to pristine condition ammo and paper every time. Second is that you can cheat the condition by mixing nicer condition rounds with worse condition rounds to create a entire stack of the better condition status. This is a old bug and i can remember it existing back when ammo used to spawn in different states previously. These bugs together make ammo condition almost irrelevant currently.

Personally i think ammo in boxes should come out in worn/pristine most often, with damaged/badly damaged being a chance if the box is in bad shape. The box acts as a shield and protects the rounds which is the entire point. Boxes would of course then be rarer which i believe was already changed in a recent patch. Loose rounds would be the opposite; damaged/worn would be the average with badly damaged still being common and pristine being rare. the idea here being loose rounds found in random locations and exposed to the elements are probably not going to be in the best shape. Ideally condition would affect accuracy as well. but that's is a whole different topic. With magazines also needing repair this does put stress on the weapon repair kits as a commodity. Personally i would like to see other ways to increase status. Maybe using disinfectant spray or even rags? Rags could degrade in quality or even become ruined and/or lose disinfected status if used to clean. just ideas.

Ammo condition should be a large factor in weapon malfunctions. Depending on how far you want to go with malfunctions, mags and ammo should be the biggest reasons you will get malfunctions even over weapon condition. I know this is a sensitive issue in game design as a whole, so i don't expect things to be hyper "realistic" otherwise we would be spending most of our time hammering that R key anytime we had bad mags or ammo. Or barely being able to get a shot off if everything was in poor shape. i also realize that the current "jam" animation is a "catch all". But the game is a survival game at heart and thinking logically about what we are using in our firearms is important as well. I think there is room for some more depth in these mechanics maybe even splitting condition and cleanliness, but i also think there is ways to improve without going too far down a rabbit hole and just using what we have in different ways.

I'll leave it at that as this is already longer then i intended.

On 10/8/2022 at 9:00 AM, Scoo1 said:

New unreachable areas with unique loot? Not good news for single players. 😕
If you're playing on your own server, you can at least remove the loot from those areas and make them spawn somewhere else.
Anyway, this is definitely a new direction being taken by the developers here. A direction I don't like.

But I have a suggestion for solving the problem. A new switch for server configuration: "singleplayerfriendly". When set to 1, a normally inactive valve in the 2nd subsurface area becomes active and allows water level control.

Perhaps the vision behind it is to make people to team up and cooperate (for a change).
The only "friendly" place on the map 😅😁

The vision behind this change is obvious, it's not a bad thing for official servers. But a single player can't team up, as he or she is the only person on the server (=single player).

If the developers don't like the idea with the new switch for server configuration, i have to wait for modders to unblock the new content and stay with ce-file modding until then.