Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.19 (Change Log)

Instead of braking with multiple keys to press (a huge hassle, like the 2-level accelerator) why isn't support for a peripheral for steering wheel and pedals  added to drive decently?

4 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

A former Soviet republic with Hummers, US military vehicles? New kind of science fiction?

So it doesn't bother you that the police used a Glock in the game instead of Makarov?

5 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

A former Soviet republic with Hummers, US military vehicles? New kind of science fiction? 🤨

Yeah, that particular piece of (not much science) fiction is called the lore. There is a very simple reason for all the "western" gear. Besides the fact that in post-soviet era, all of these countries would see an influx of western ... everything. 

5 hours ago, thafluu said:

Last, I want to suggest to reduce the area that gets obstructed by the improvised suppressor in the SSG 82 optics (or make it not visible at all in the scope). It doesn't make sense that it obstructs that much (like it does for the longhorn, whose barrel is very short). The SSG 82 already has enough drawbacks to make it balanced in my opinion.

I think it is right as it is. Think it this way: that's what you have to pay for if you want to shoot supressed with that gun. You can't make it invisible man.

Good update guys! Maybe there should be UAZs as well? In next update maybe? I hope the new multipurpose vehicle is rare in vanilla. There are some changes that I specially like. Less number of weapons, yes! finally. And inertia! I though I would never see it. Personally, very good changes. The bleed indicator... meh, think it's very ugly but hey, thank you for making an on/off setting 👍

Thank you and keep it up!

54 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

Yeah, that particular piece of (not much science) fiction is called the lore. There is a very simple reason for all the "western" gear. Besides the fact that in post-soviet era, all of these countries would see an influx of western ... everything. 

There, the only reason may be that the US sent its troops, equipment and weapons to Chernarus to suppress the source of infection.

But I didn’t just write in my previous message about Glock at the police instead of Makarov. This is really not logical, unlike the same Hummer.

2 hours ago, Infernales said:

So it doesn't bother you that the police used a Glock in the game instead of Makarov?

ALL the anomalies of this game have always bothered me, but here we are discussing the news of patch 1.19

2 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

1 hour ago, Infernales said:

There, the only reason may be that the US sent its troops, equipment and weapons to Chernarus to suppress the source of infection.

Exactly, science fiction ... At this rate, with the imagination without limits, when we will see the flying unicorns sent directly by God. The only reason we see so many weapons and, now, a hummer, is just because it is an "easy" upgrade because it is "adapted" from ArmA 3. And on the "anomalies" of DayZ, as far as I'm concerned, I have challenged them since I started playing and understand this game a little better, but unfortunately, I always got "imaginative" answers from the DayZ Fan Boys. The B.I. he never replied about it. Too bad that at the moment there is no better alternative ... or, at least, I haven't found it yet ... maybe, sooner or later ... let's hope.

Edited by Riddick_2K

49 minutes ago, Infernales said:

But I didn’t just write in my previous message about Glock at the police instead of Makarov. This is really not logical, unlike the same Hummer.

🤣🤣🤣

After the movement spread across almost all of South Zagoria and several other contested territories of Chernarus, they took the island of Utes and kicked out the CDF forces stationed there, which was only later to be liberated by the United States Marine Corps.

Hence not just US gear, but USMC gear specifically. Is it really so hard to read the little piece of lore on DayZ wiki? 🙄 As for Glocks and stuff ... again ... post soviet countries would see an influx of western gear, so there logically would be a mix of western and eastern gear. To this day, my country's police IRL uses a combination of Glocks and Vz.58, no big deal. 

• Beans 1

27 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

Exactly, science fiction ... At this rate, with the imagination without limits, when we will see the flying unicorns sent directly by God. The only reason we see so many weapons and, now, a hummer, is just because it is an "easy" upgrade because it is "adapted" from ArmA 3. And on the "anomalies" of DayZ, as far as I'm concerned, I have challenged them since I started playing and understand this game a little better, but unfortunately, I always got "imaginative" answers from the DayZ Fan Boys. The B. he never replied about it. Too bad that at the moment there is no better alternative ... or, at least, I haven't found it yet ... maybe, sooner or later ... let's hope.

In this case, it would be easier for them to add UAZ from Arma Reforger.

2 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

As for Glocks and stuff ... again ... post soviet countries would see an influx of western gear, so there logically would be a mix of western and eastern gear. To this day, my country's police IRL uses a combination of Glocks and Vz.58, no big deal. 

Well, for me, the use of Glocks by the police in the post-Soviet space seems inappropriate, if only because of the more expensive service than that of the same Makarov. The presence of Glocks in the military or civilian population, as it were, did not cause such questions.

Edited by Infernales
  • Like 1

And anyway ... just wanting to discuss ... the Gloks are also for the civilian market and are much cheaper to buy from a local administration. Hummers (that type of Hummers) are military only, expensive, and only the US government could supply them to other armies. In a world pandemic situation I do NOT think anyone would have ever done it, they would have had the "material possibility" of providing many military vehicles overseas to help a small foreign and unknown country ... IF someone from the government was still alive!

Wiki DayZ is an official section of the B.I. ? I am NOT aware of it. Other DayZ Fan Boys, who "try" to explain the absurdities of this game ... NOT "the verb".

12 minutes ago, Infernales said:

RIGHT. Why don't they do it? Why do they keep doing shit and nonsense patch after patch? I've contested tons of them, I don't want to repeat them every time ...

Spawn points needs to be move more north. Right now, you almost start in the middle of the map which gives you almost a zero reason to go north which only makes map like half playable.

• Beans 1

7 minutes ago, Infernales said:

Well, for me, the use of Glocks by the police in the post-Soviet space seems inappropriate, if only because of the more expensive service than that of the same Makarov. The presence of Glocks in the military or civilian population, as it were, did not cause such questions.

Maybe the UAZ is coming as well. 

It kinda does not matter what seems inappropriate to you. Not only you have real world examples, moreover this is logical due to (again real world) inclination to adopt 9x19mm sidearms as standard. Since the collapse of Soviet Union you can actually have a fair competition and not just adopt whatever Moscow tells you to. Cost is relative, it's not just of how much a single Glock costs vs. a Makarov. The state buys at different rates that an individual. It is actually the civilian market where a Glock would be considered expensive. 

• Like 1

Now to actually address the patch:

Item spawning more in damaged by default is ok, though with some items it make very little since. Like damaged matches or can of sardines, sharpening stone and so on. Unless there are plans to have these items altered as well, they would rot sooner, contain less food, break with use ... 

I do have a question regarding the jam rate, is it the state of the magazine that causes jams or state of the ammo? Or both? 
Failure to feed makes sense with a damaged magazine. With damaged ammo can we then expect misfires, failure to extract etc.?

Edited by William Sternritter
  • Like 2

Hi Devs,

Just been playing on the new 1.19 exp servers. I like the idea of how the new inertia system works, and for someone who is fully geared and weighed down it feels about right. But for a fresh spawn, who is still very light, you should still be, quite literally, "light" on your feet. You should be able to dart around a bit better with no weight on your back. That being said, why not tie the inertia settings to the stamina bar? My suggestion is, at max stamina you have the inertia like you had in 1.18, and then as you add weight you increase inertia in a linear fashion until you reach the current 1.19 inertia at minimum stamina. Max stamina = light and nimble; Min stamina = heavy and cumbersome. Would be a realistic and interesting extra dynamic to the progression of your character and overall pvp gameplay. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

And anyway ... just wanting to discuss ... the Gloks are also for the civilian market and are much cheaper to buy from a local administration. Hummers (that type of Hummers) are military only, expensive, and only the US government could supply them to other armies. In a world pandemic situation I do NOT think anyone would have ever done it, they would have had the "material possibility" of providing many military vehicles overseas to help a small foreign and unknown country ... IF someone from the government was still alive!

The reason US equipment is there is due to the incidents that happened in Arma 2

• Beans 1

Regarding inertia:

Inertia seems interesting, but it needs to scale with character weight. Even 0 weight should have some inertia, but not as much as currently.

There's also a bug with inertia that was reported already. Sprint > jog and inertia is still turned on while jogging. Stop. Jog from a standstill and there is no inertia. This makes for really awkward looting process.
And one more bug where you get stuck on objects when inertia pushes you. Jumping fixes it.

With movement inertia added, now gunplay mechanics don't fit. Gunplay mechanics should also be reworked, something similar to the old .62 days.

Regarding Livonia:

I can't talk much about Livonia changes since I didn't play it much before rework, but the "secret" stuff looks interesting. Shame that solo players can't access it though.
Hope livonia gets more love next patch or two.

Regarding cars:

Why didn't you guys just spawn them fully fixed and ready to drive? How are people supposed to test vehicles when they are required to find all the parts?

Overall a good update that will affect the feel of the game. Now it feels closer to a finished game, just needs that little bit more.
The SSG82 seems interesting and the BK12 fits the freshie loot nicely.
Damaged ammo makes the game also more dynamic, but repair kits shouldn't use up 25% to fix few rounds, it should scale with the number of rounds.

Edited by DefectiveWater

Not agree with who is saying Inertia should be related to weight.

Fresh or barely fresh spawn are one of the major threats in Dayz and I usually KOS them if I can (especially if Im middle geared already) exactly because I know that if I give them the chance to start zig zaging my chance to got killed rise immensely.

I would rather see them surrendering, and this may happen if evading bullet became a not profitable attempt.

With current exp Inertia this scenario may realize, because evade bullets seem really difficult indeed (as it should be!!!)

With no Inertia instead, this cant happen at all because people immediately start to run and zig zag knowing their 50% chance to win a fight with just a sledgehammer.

So the current exp Inertia could even open new opportunity for interaction rather than just KOS.

What sure, if I would know that a menace to use a weapon would lead to surrender rather than run, I would probably low my KOS activity by a lot. 

Edited by Roddis

6 hours ago, Kathosky said:

I think it is right as it is. Think it this way: that's what you have to pay for if you want to shoot supressed with that gun. You can't make it invisible man.

The improvised suppressor isn't visible through the scope of any other sniper rifle. Mosin has a very similar scope e.g., you don't see any of it. You only see it when using the Longhorn, where it makes sense since the barrel is so short.

2 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

Regarding inertia:

Inertia seems interesting, but it needs to scale with character weight. Even 0 weight should have some inertia, but not as much as currently.
There should also be more noticeable inertia when stopping.

There's also a bug with inertia that was reported already. Sprint > jog and inertia is still turned on while jogging. Stop. Jog from a standstill and there is no inertia. This makes for really awkward looting process.
And one more bug where you get stuck on objects when inertia pushes you. Jumping fixes it.

With movement inertia added, now gunplay mechanics don't fit. Gunplay mechanics should also be reworked, something similar to the old .62 days.

Regarding Livonia:

I can't talk much about Livonia changes since I didn't play it much before rework, but the "secret" stuff looks interesting. Shame that solo players can't access it though.
Hope livonia gets more love next patch or two.

Regarding cars:

Why didn't you guys just spawn them fully fixed and ready to drive? How are people supposed to test vehicles when they are required to find all the parts?

Overall a good update that will affect the feel of the game. Now it feels closer to a finished game, just needs that little bit more.
The SSG82 seems interesting and the BK12 fits the freshie loot nicely.
Damaged ammo makes the game also more dynamic, but repair kits shouldn't use up 25% to fix few rounds, it should scale with the number of rounds.

In this server (link to twitter) the cars are ready to drive after filling radiator with water (you spawn with gas canister filled with it). They revealed this test server in yesterday's announcement of exp release and in this twitt about one hour ago they say they move it from communjty tab to official tab. Yesterday I joined in here and in one hour i drove 2 cars and one truck

https://mobile.twitter.com/DayZ/status/1573271063353782272

• Beans 1

4 minutes ago, thafluu said:

The improvised suppressor isn't visible through the scope of any other sniper rifle. Mosin has a very similar scope e.g., you don't see any of it. You only see it when using the Longhorn, where it makes sense since the barrel is so short.

I know, it is not consistent in every rifle of the game. I think is should be visible in all

1 hour ago, Roddis said:

Not agree with who is saying Inertia should be related to weight.

Why not? More weight = slower direction changes, makes sense to me.

Having 0 weight wouldn't mean 0 inertia though. There should still be inertia, just less. Just enough to make zig zagging less OP, not like how it used to be.

This will make lightweight loadouts more viable.
But all in all, the current implementation needs just a tiny bit more work and I think it will be great.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1

@DefectiveWater

Even if in my very bad English, I explained why I would like to see Inertia stay the way it is now on exp without any tie to weight. 

Would it make sense less weight = more agility?...yes totally.

But so do more slope = more stamina consuming for example, but no one complain that you can climb mountains as nothing it seems.

So yeah, just game mechanics, and I really hope they will not revert or modify Inertia cause being able to avoid bullets dancing left and right is one of the most stupid things we had to get used to in Dayz.

And now, maybe, it is gone!!!

Edited by Roddis
  • Like 1

i like the random loot quality (damaged/worn/badly/pristine).

I found a pristine plate carriers and felt like the king of the world.

It felt very gamey and unimersive when you jsut knew that you can NEVER find a pristine version of certain items, or that you would ALWAYS find pristine double barelled shotguns and so on.

This could be imrpoved even more by randomizing loot spawn, only a tiny little bit: SVD can spawn in the train station of Kamyshovo (0,001% chance), beartraps, fishing rods or sporters also Heli and Gas loot (any item in the whole game) can spawn at tisy (also low low low chance). It would feel like a real more spicy world if you could sometimes find out of place items.

If we combine the damaged loot quialities with the extreme loot persistence of 1.12 we could finally achieve HoboZ (but everyone would die in the famine) 😄

• Beans 2