lynn.zaw

Experimental Update 1.16 (Change Log)

18 hours ago, Parazight said:

Yea right.  Go do some research, like when Bill Gates bailed out Steve Jobs so that Apple wouldn't collapse.   Microsoft is so far ahead.  The only fear is that they become a monopoly and face severe government restrictions.  

Microsoft is 100% not worried about Linux.   lolwut.  It IS unreasonable to let people just get away with piracy.  Principles DO matter.

So why is microsoft doing next to nothing to stop it ? It's harder to pirate adobre pro than it is windows. Microsoft let's people get away with piracy because it doesn't cost them a lot and it makes linux even less of a thing to worry about. Consider this a small anti competition fee. 

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, General Zod said:

So why is microsoft doing next to nothing to stop it 

Next to nothing?  I don’t know what that means.  That’s really vague. Could you quantify that and list even the little bit that you think they’re doing?  

50 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Could you quantify that and list even the little bit that you think they’re doing?

The only thing they did is not allow people to make Offline/Local windows profiles during initial installation if it detects connection, so all you need to do is unplug your ethernet cable and you can easily make offline accounts.
My cracked key has worked through 3 windows reinstalls, and several years ago my Cracked Windows 7 key worked on Windows 10... so yeah.
They aren't doing anything cause there's no point.
Edit: If it was worth it, they would 200% go against piracy, but it isn't worth it.

They'll gain nothing, at worst they will lose customers which matters a lot more to them.
Due to Vulkan API Linux has been more tempting than ever and with DXVK you can run DirectX based games through Vulkan with same if not better performance.
If they wanted to get rid of piracy they could easily do that by forcing people to use Microsoft accounts and then check if they have Windows license on it, but here I am, using a Microsoft account with access to (Free 5 gig option) OneDrive and (Legit key) Office 365 with a cracked Windows.

Their goal is to make sure everyone is using Microsoft products, some will pay, businesses will 100% have to pay, those who don't pay are whatever so long as they stay on their platform.
If this doesn't make sense, please do some research on WinRAR and how they manage their business. It has become meme that nobody is buying WinRAR, and yet businesses have to buy it if they want to use it without legal issues.

Microsoft makes money from many more things than just Windows. Windows is just a platform for plethora of other income sources.

--- Anyway back to 1.16 topic ---

I noticed that as of the recent update to the experimental Eye Zoom thingy seems to be much faster than before, I don't mind the change at all tbh.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1

I think it's stunning how thoroughly you've convinced yourself that not paying for a product is okay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/27/2022 at 11:06 AM, lynn.zaw said:

PC Experimental 1.16 Update - Version 1.15.154478 (Released on 27.01.2022)

FIXED

• (1) Infected/players would not show the "+" symbol in the inventory view when they had only items as attachments
  • (2) Infected were able to climb fences with barbed wire on top (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T160854)

Only want to share my personal experience on 1.16 EXP servers about these 2 issues:

1) Revolver mistakenly shows (+) also when is empty

2) Just met infected still climbing fences with barbed wire at Green Mountain perimeter

Posted yesterday here but my post is still highlighted in red and result as Hidden, why?

Nothing breaking TOS, just reporting 2 EXP issues:

2) Just met infected still climbing fences with barbed wire at Green Mountain perimeter

19 hours ago, Red Pyr4mid said:

Posted yesterday here but my post is still highlighted in red and result as Hidden, why?

Nothing breaking TOS, just reporting 2 EXP issues:

The barbed wire fence thing in the patch notes isn't referring to the in game barbed wire fences, it's referring to the player made walls and gates with barbed wire attached. 

I agree though, that it is very unclear. 

Edited by thepoey

On 2/2/2022 at 11:35 AM, Derleth said:

It is pretty much "unfixable" with the current engine. It happens because of LOD simplification and objects out of the player's field of view not rendering. While the object is visible it blocks light from a light source, but when it is hidden the light source still shines so the light will suddenly illuminate much more of the surroundings. Very easy to test yourself by lighting a fire or dropping a flare in a house and walking outside, closing the door. Then slowly turn around and pan with the camera and see how the light appears and reappears depending on where you are looking. With LOD:s and distant object it is pretty much the same thing - at long distance trees etc are simplified so more of the light is visible, but when you zoom in more detailed models are rendered and the light gets blocked.

So, the only way to fix the issue would be to render a heap of stuff the player can't see - which would of course be bad for fps.

Its umbelivable that a so blatant bug is substantially ignored by devs.

But more important, that is ignored by the player base. 

Nothing is "unfixable" in this case, almost by definition. 

Its probably a tough one, players ignore it (other than me, its the first post about it since 1.08, when I started to complain about it) so devs do nothing about it. 

1 hour ago, Roddis said:

Its umbelivable that a so blatant bug is substantially ignored by devs.

But more important, that is ignored by the player base. 

Its probably a tough one, players ignore it (other than me, its the first post about it since 1.08, when I started to complain about it) so devs do nothing about it. 

I mean, it's annoying and it doesn't show off a lot of polish, but this isn't exactly game breaking stuff here. There are far more important things on the list that need to be fixed. 

1 hour ago, Roddis said:

Well "unfixable" is the wrong word, but "not worth the effort on DayZ's dead-end hybrid engine" is more accurate I guess. It is an engine flaw, and as such the actual DayZ dev team have little or no possibility to do anything about it. BI are concentrating resources on Enfusion because that's where their future lies. It is of course a sensible priority for their business, but it sucks for DayZ.

• Beans 2

5 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Well "unfixable" is the wrong word, but "not worth the effort on DayZ's dead-end hybrid engine" is more accurate I guess. It is an engine flaw, and as such the actual DayZ dev team have little or no possibility to do anything about it. BI are concentrating resources on Enfusion because that's where their future lies. It is of course a sensible priority for their business, but it sucks for DayZ.

Nailed it. Sadly, this feels like a lot of the overall ethos of how DayZ has been handled since the beginning. 

On 2/2/2022 at 6:54 PM, Parazight said:

In my opinion, people who exploit, cheat, scam, and find workarounds to obtaining software legitimately are weak and lazy.  "They aren't hurting" is the battle cry for people that don't understand how business works, or are too poor to be buying video games in the first place.

Wow, our corporate overlords must be so glad to have a holy moral knight like you deffending their profits on the funni zombie game forums. If it wasn't for you, I bet these nasty poor people would have already broken the economy! Such a short sighted profit over people view... And you dare say that other people here are being imature.

You licked corporate boot so hard with this post that you made me log in, I haven't been on this forum for more than 4 years I think lol. Well done.

Btw devs, game is fucking great. I can't stop playing it. 10/10. Last time I played it was probably in 2017 and holy shit, this game improved A LOT. I legit can't stop playing it! I remember when you guys annoucend the new animations and stuff, and to see them all in game is just great. Great job tbh

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Avant-Garde said:

Such a short sighted profit over people view...

You know, there's plenty of great jobs out there right now.  The market is really competitive and favors the individual employee.  Even you should be able to find one, in order to actually pay for things that you want.

7 hours ago, Avant-Garde said:

Well done.

YOU'RE WELCOME!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

You know, there's plenty of great jobs out there right now.  The market is really competitive and favors the individual employee.  Even you should be able to find one, in order to actually pay for things that you want.

Solved poverty with one easy step, just get a job!

I think you are forgetting not everyone lives in the same ideal countries as you do. Some places have it harder due to the shitty wages. As the @Avant-Garde said

8 hours ago, Avant-Garde said:

Such a short sighted profit over people view.

I personally and as many others see no point in buying a Windows license key. If YOU can afford it, good for you.
I have more important things in life to do than pay 140 USD for a Windows key.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DefectiveWater said:

Solved poverty with one easy step, just get a job!

I think you are forgetting not everyone lives in the same ideal countries as you do. Some places have it harder due to the shitty wages. As the @Avant-Garde said

I personally and as many others see no point in buying a Windows license key. If YOU can afford it, good for you.
I have more important things in life to do than pay 140 USD for a Windows key.

This is just another shit post by avant-garde. Way before you started posting on these forums, he was making the same sort of posts. Whiny, sarcastic and inflammatory.  

We’ve already established that you don’t like to pay for products but still find time, somehow, to play video games. Sounds like real first world problems, eh?

Thats okay. I will continue to pay for products so that you’re excuse wielding ass doesn’t have to. 

• Beans 1

On 2/1/2022 at 7:56 PM, rfxcasey said:

Did they fix, or are they ever going to fix, the lighting bug where when you look away from a light in the dark the casting of the light on the surrounding area is visible but when you look toward the light source the ambient light casting disappears? This is a terrible immersion breaking bug. Example, at night, if I throw a flare into a building and then look at the building from the outside, the light generating from inside the building will not cast on the ground/apposing buildings/environment outside the building unless you turn away from the light source, so it is out of frame, at which point the light will cast from inside the building to the outside as would normally be expected.

Yes, IIRC Sumrak said this basically cannot be fixed. Just have to deal with.

22 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Yes, IIRC Sumrak said this basically cannot be fixed. Just have to deal with.

I hope this was times ago. 

I cant believe they developed a new (amazing, seeing some images) brand new engine half Dayz has ported upon, with this blatant bug inside that is a known bug since what...forever!!!

Not a game breaking no, but a mega Immersion breaking for sure, in a game that claim immersion and authenticity be the key point.

Edited by Roddis

35 minutes ago, Roddis said:

I hope this was times ago. 

I cant believe they developed a new (amazing, seeing some images) brand new engine half Dayz has ported upon, with this blatant bug inside that is a known bug since what...forever!!!

Well yeah this bug probably belongs to the not so amazing and old engine that makes up the other half of DayZ. Same problem is with interior lighting being waay to bright, we probably just have to deal with it

PC Experimental 1.16 Update 3 - Version 1.16.154535 (Released on 11.02.2022)

GAME

FIXED

• Alarm clock animations

MODDING

KNOWN ISSUES

• Fully consuming an item assigned to the quick bar while the quickbar is hidden might cause a bug with the quick bar
  • Issue with attaching an items from hands with an item in the shoulder slots
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 2

Instead of adding 1000 stuff to fix 5 problems how about you  fix 1 thing that would solve 1000 problems with the game like making cars work. Then you can work on the small stuff , but not when the big stuff is still not working. Gj on the smg tho

10 minutes ago, SadSquidwardd said:

Instead of adding 1000 stuff to fix 5 problems how about you  fix 1 thing that would solve 1000 problems with the game like making cars work. Then you can work on the small stuff , but not when the big stuff is still not working. Gj on the smg tho

Did you not read the "DayZ in 2022" post?

10 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

Did you not read the "DayZ in 2022" post?

Ah you mean where they say they will start thinking about looking into maybe have a go at fixing the big gamebreaking bugs, like the cars... just like they said they would last year... and the year before that... and the prior years to those?

😉

Edited by lemmac

12 minutes ago, lemmac said:

Ah you mean where they say they will start thinking about looking into maybe have a go at fixing the big gamebreaking bugs, like the cars... just like they said they would last year... and the year before that... and the prior years to those?

😉

Fair enough, but to me it seems like they are confident in it this time. I mean they are porting the new enfusion vehicle simulation thingy to dayz... if their new engine can't handle vehicles, then it's a big F.

running CF mods seems to wipe tents, anyone confirm that?

Also VPP admin seems to spawn users looking like zombies that have cuts and bleed, zombies seem to have no affect when hitting players.

Seems like mods just don't run right.

PC Experimental 1.16 Update 4 - Version 1.16.154552 (Released on 17.02.2022)

GAME

FIXED

MODDING

KNOWN ISSUES

• Fully consuming an item assigned to the quick bar while the quickbar is hidden might cause a bug with the quick bar
  • Issue with attaching an items from hands with an item in the shoulder slots
  • Beans 2