Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.14 (Changelog)

3 minutes ago, Kathosky said:

This is weird. Are the NBC infected transported in the artillery shells? 😂

There shouldn't be any NBC infected in dynamic zones.

Can't help but agree, feels like they should be confined to the permanent hazard zones. Also any nbc zed already spawned near a med facility when an area is hit by a dynamic zone... For the moment I'll just try to pretend their diseased brains fire off some primitive longing in them when they hear the detonation, so they'll come running from all around...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kyiara said:

FIXED

• Server-side performance issues
1 hour ago, Kyiara said:

Quilted jacket was sometimes not visible in the inventory vicinity (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T159304)

Finally.

But still, as others pointed out, why do NBC infected spawn magically out of nowhere when there's a dynamic toxic zone?

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

Have the vehicle damage limits been reduced as well ? Have crashed mildly a few times and the cars been basically trashed. Latest was reversing into a bus during a 3 point turn and totally ruined the spark plug . 

Awesome work guys, can you please share some more details on Linux hosting as I am interested in running a server for the community.

Cheers,

Thanks for the Linux server release!!

Where can I get instructions on setting up dayz server on  a non-gui Linux server?

Edited by ScipioII
edited question for clarity.
  • Like 1

The trip wire can only be crafted using a metal wire

I don't usually complain about updates because I love the work you do, but this change is senseless. I could make a tripwire out of barbed wire, rope or intestines realistically. I have discovered a bug while testing them however. Once placed and removed, the triggered trap animation and sound still plays if the player steps into it. 

Keep up the stellar work!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MR.STORMCLOUD said:

I don't usually complain about updates because I love the work you do, but this change is senseless. I could make a tripwire out of barbed wire, rope or intestines realistically. I have discovered a bug while testing them however. Once placed and removed, the triggered trap animation and sound still plays if the player steps into it. 

Keep up the stellar work!

I think it's got more to do with balancing… You'll probably find there's going to be lots of tripwire traps in the environment, possibly too many. Wire isn't hard to find.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Getsome said:

I think it's got more to do with balancing… You'll probably find there's going to be lots of tripwire traps in the environment, possibly too many. Wire isn't hard to find.

True, I'm just a fiend for realism. If that's the case, lower the persistence timer on them.  

5 hours ago, Kyiara said:

Experimental Linux servers

Wow - Thats a nice one. 🙂 Hope there is a big performance boost!

Thanks for the update Guys! I understand you added the sounds of helicrashes in order for players to find them more often and also for shootouts with other players for loot. But could you make the helicrashes without the sound of falling at least sometimes. Because it's very nice when you don't expect to find a helicopter and then suddenly you see it on the horizon.

Cheers 

• Beans 2

13 minutes ago, Ildar Khairulin said:

it's very nice when you don't expect to find a helicopter and then suddenly you see it on the horizon.

This still happens. You only hear the sound if you're close enough.

I've found two heli crashes and I heard nothing before hand.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MR.STORMCLOUD said:

True, I'm just a fiend for realism. If that's the case, lower the persistence timer on them.  

Please no, I'm a fiend for persistence timers. 7 Days is already very little when it comes to trapping someones base or your own. I assume 7 days because beartraps and mines have that timer.

• Like 2

Unfortunately this bug is still present:

On 9/7/2021 at 9:08 PM, Scoo1 said:

Static Police Car Event Bug (server crash)

After server start 10 police cars will spawn. 2500 seconds later (lifetime of police cars) they despawn all together and 10 new will spawn. Thats the moment the server crashes.

Workaround:

Setting restock to 60 and they will spawn/despawn one by one and not all together.

Server crashed after 43 min as before while spawning new police cars. Will test tomorrow if restock=60 fixes this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Homeschooliazon said:

7 Days is already very little when it comes to trapping someones base or your own. I assume 7 days because beartraps and mines have that timer.

If 7 days is not enough for you ... that is the part where you build a Flagpole.

• Like 2

On 9/7/2021 at 7:25 PM, Parazight said:

Or, you can set up the wall so that the lock is not reachable from outside of the building.  The caveat, is that you have to stay logged out inside the base in order to retain it.  Dynamic gas clouds kicking you out of your town base upon login renders the base worthless.

This is bad news for me. 😞

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Homeschooliazon said:

7 Days is already very little when it comes to trapping someones base or your own.

What exactly are you doing when you trap someone's base?  Are you talking about trapping the base, but not breaching it?  Is that effective?

Or, do you mean to set a trap inside, once you've looted the base?   Nothing like looting a land mine and then activating it before you leave!   I can't wait to loot a bunch of grenades and then set traps in the bases.  Mental note: bring metal wire to offline base raids.  

7 days is plenty of time.  If you're setting a trap but can't afford to lose the grenade then don't set the trap.  For base defense, I hope the prove to be awesome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

7 days is plenty of time.  If you're setting a trap but can't afford to lose the grenade then don't set the trap.  For base defense, I hope the prove to be awesome.

Agreed... 7 days is more than enough. Tripwire traps with grenades effectively are going to become the new lethal landmine... like the way they used to be. If I'm honest I'm a little concerned that it will become too common.

Any special depencies to running the Linux Server? Widows Startflags works with Linux? I try to start the server, but it ends in an error. I think, i missed any depency

Edited by gOOvER
  • Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 4:07 AM, Getsome said:

Agreed... 7 days is more than enough. Tripwire traps with grenades effectively are going to become the new lethal landmine... like the way they used to be. If I'm honest I'm a little concerned that it will become too common.

Check your surroundings and where you step OFTEN.  Stop being attached to your gear.

On 9/2/2021 at 7:31 PM, cj187_berlin said:

[...]

"Reduced the size of the NBC clothing when stored in the inventory"

[...]

Does that mean, item size can be modified via script?

Will it be finally possible to modify item size for weapons like:

AKM 5x2

+ Buttstock + 1 slot to the right

+ Suppressor + 1 slot to the left

+ magazine + 1 slot to the bottom 

That would be an awesome change / mod

map=dayzOffline.chernarusplus

The building "Land_Construction_House1" to find here:

pos="5239.494141 339.059235 9800.379883" and here:

pos="5239.494141 339.059235 9800.379883"

Flat items on rooftop are not lootable ... rifles, mags, ammo boxes ... and they have always lots of these things. Seeing a SVD and not being able to pickup is somewhat frustrating.

But this is not a new bug - its a very old one.

50% of dead infected are not lootable, because they clip into a world object with a part of their body. Please let us loot dead bodys without any "wall checks".

Edited by Scoo1
  • Like 1

Most items 4 or 8 hours.

Clothes, low tier weapons, tools = 4h

High tier weapons, bags = 8h

With a lot of exceptions from 15min to 45 days 😉

Edited by Scoo1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

On 9/2/2021 at 10:45 AM, Kyiara said:

PC Experimental 1.14 Update 2: Version 1.14.154166 (Released on 08.09.2021)

GAME

We are introducing the experimental version of Linux server distribution for PC community server owners.

We would like to ask all server owners who are interested in running their server on Linux to try it out and let us know if you run into any issues.

We’ll then evaluate the state of the build during the later stages of this experimental period and decide whether to include it in the stable release.

ADDED

• Experimental Linux servers

KNOWN ISSUES

• Mods that are using custom files might not work on Linux servers right now (we are looking into this right now)

I installed the linux server and played a couple of hours with no crash or any other issue so far.

For those willing to test it, feel free to use my Script.

Steam Guide. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1517338673

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Cars are fragile as a raw egg now. I touched a road sign and a tree with back and front with less then walking speed. Both times half of car parts were badly damaged or ruined afterwards.

• Beans 1