THEGordonFreeman

The Awesome Vehicle Thread

Cars are a must in this game. There is a time for jogging, time for running, sneaking and for driving as well. Simple joy of a ride - additional layer of pleasure while playing. btw. those guys weren't Japanese but Chinese. btw2. it's always happening while modding; "TESV"' is a prime example; If it can be done it will be done; Because why the hell not.

ps. last vid... He was talking smack and was punished by "DayS" gods.

Edited by nemorus
"S"
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Just like I don't see the point of adding Japanese Manga for role play servers to DayZ.

Different tastes. People mucking about with cars and bases doesn't bother me, actually adds interest. The beauty of sandbox games is the diversity. You don't have to participate in every aspect, just the bits you like. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Ladies and Gentleman... I present.... the slow motion flying car....

Lol, at least that one had a happy ending

I can't recall a game where I have seen such realism.  The time and effort on display here to include such realistic physics to vehicles is just phenomenal.  Any other game development company should just close shop right now, go home, developers should refund their paychecks as NOTHING can compare to THIS masterpiece of computer engineering...

@THEGordonFreeman

While I agree with you 100% in regards to how bad cars have been designed in DayZ, I disagree with how you are being sarcastic and basically a troll in your own thread.  Constantly rubbing something in someone's face is not being productive -- that's being a bully.

I think you've made your point, have you not?  How about we let it rest now and let's wait and see if cars get any better in the future.

• Sad 2
  • Beans 2

13 minutes ago, drgullen said:

@THEGordonFreeman

While I agree with you 100% in regards to how bad cars have been designed in DayZ, I disagree with how you are being sarcastic and basically a troll in your own thread.  Constantly rubbing something in someone's face is not being productive -- that's being a bully.

I think you've made your point, have you not?  How about we let it rest now and let's wait and see if cars get any better in the future.

Are the cars fixed? After at least having them in the game for nearly 4 years are they fixed?   IF not, then my point is not made.  I can't be a bully to a company that WILLFULLY released a completely broken feature to the game, and has not made any VISIBLE strides in correcting said broken feature since FULL release.  New players NEED to know how awful vehicles are before they shell out their money to play.  Sarcasm is protected speech in the USA.  I have no intention to stop.  I was told this was the correct format to air my grievance by the forum moderator, so here I am.  Feel free to ignore me in the future.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

Funnily enough I was driving a gunter last night with no issues. I've still to experience these flying cars. I almost feel left out. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Haha 2

That's because it's Gunter. Das Auto.

But really... It depends on the server and how many people from around the world are on it.

I don't know if you guys saw my earlier post but a modder told me that Vehicles use projectile physics.  If someone could refresh my memory, wasn't there a stink about having two physics engines in development which was causing all sorts of issues?  ANd in the end they went with the one physics engine that was designed for bullet physics?  If that's so, then this would be ground zero of where the issue actually is.

10 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I don't know if you guys saw my earlier post but a modder told me that Vehicles use projectile physics.  If someone could refresh my memory, wasn't there a stink about having two physics engines in development which was causing all sorts of issues?  ANd in the end they went with the one physics engine that was designed for bullet physics?  If that's so, then this would be ground zero of where the issue actually is.

I imagine that only the people who assembled the engine could really appreciate these design decisions.  It's some pretty esoteric information that probably can't be easily explained to plebs like me.  Not that I should have to know why, anyway.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses...

And now for something completely different.... oh wait.... it's the same thing just on a winter map....

On 8/6/2021 at 10:39 AM, THEGordonFreeman said:

"Bullet" is just a name. It's a physics engine like PhysX or Havok. Bullets don't use Bullet™ physics.

There is a common ground though... You hear both engines and shots when it's too late ;p.

Just now, nemorus said:

You hear both engines

True that... I feel like cars aren't heard from far away enough. I might be wrong tho...

Nothing wrong about that. Lost count of how many times these things took me by surprise... They made it that way so driving would not be a suicide mission (camping bandits...) but it still stinks. Old cars, loud engines, empty roads - it should generate a lot of noise - especially when speeding & brakes are involved...

1 hour ago, nemorus said:

Nothing wrong about that. Lost count of how many times these things took me by surprise... They made it that way so driving would not be a suicide mission (camping bandits...) but it still stinks. Old cars, loud engines, empty roads - it should generate a lot of noise - especially when speeding & brakes are involved...

I would be thrilled if they just drove straight and didn't kill you at the drop of a hat.

• Beans 1

As far as I can see, with rare exceptions, the majority of players have not yet understood that the only way to "hope" to get away with it... meanwhile DO NOT RUN!... already over 50/60 km/h it is at "risk"... as soon as the car wobbles you have to SLOW DOWN immediately... if the car starts hopping or you see some "video missing" (such as stutter), you must immediately BRAKE!, turn off the engine and put in neutral and... to hope. If the car has stopped and it is quiet, it would be anyway better to get out for a while. If the car has stopped but still hopping... you NEED to go out and wait a little longer.
Thus I, both in my personal server, both in the community ones, and, lately, also in the vanilla ones (always low population, of course, or I don't even consider the cars a usable option), it always worked out fine for me... only in my personal server, where I immediately used cars a lot, I broke some cars, but always for video blocks of a few seconds and then the "awakening" inside a wall or on a pole. But I have never died... and at the moment I have not yet seen a car fly. This, from what I understand, should mostly depend on the amount of players present on a server.
OBVIOUSLY, this does not dispute how bad the cars are in DayZ, nor does it exempt these (pseudo) programmers from their responsibilities... however, if one is not new to DayZ and wants to use the vehicles... with every right to complain where and as he prefers... but he MUST keep in mind that the behavior is what it is... and if he runs, or drives in very populated servers or when the car jumps does not brake and turns off the engine... and how to go looking damage and possibly even death.
A bit like going to the subway with a wallet full of money and in plain sight: a robber is always a robber... he must be denounced and convicted... but whoever puts himself in that condition is stupid and just asking for trouble.