THEGordonFreeman

The Awesome Vehicle Thread

1 minute ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Ummm... the flying vehicle issue in Reforger is TOTALLY different than DayZ. 

Since BI doesn't communicate with it's community any longer the best theory going is this is a bug where if the driver disconnects while currently moving the vehicle will maintain velocity and continue to move in the direction it was until another player gets in the driver seat to resume physics simulation ecause even after the player leaves, the vehicle does not return to the server's ownership and continues to give the player ownership and, in doing so, input even though they no longer exist.

Completely different from waht is happening in DayZ where vehicles are client side PERIOD as it exists today.  Seriously, I jsut want to see them fix something of substance in DayZ.  The 1.18 patch does not address Vehicles or even more importantly, Server Exploits.

Yeah, I suspect moving the current Enfusion physics over turned out to be waaay more complex than they first thought - since obviously it works differently. It is not surprising, and I believe most of us here can understand that - but it would be nice with a bit of communication.

37 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Yeah, I suspect moving the current Enfusion physics over turned out to be waaay more complex than they first thought - since obviously it works differently. It is not surprising, and I believe most of us here can understand that - but it would be nice with a bit of communication.

The standard has been set by Hello Games.    That company and their biggest game went from a complete disaster to a full tilt community driven masterpiece.  The devs are all over the community answering questions, working on issues in tandem with end users.  I mean, they created a lemon shitshow and turned it into a first class lemonade Vegas act.  but with BI, it's wish in one hand and crap in the other to see which on gets filled faster when it comes communication.

• Like 1