THEGordonFreeman

The Awesome Vehicle Thread

Console players don’t suffer THAT much.  Mostly because permadeath is irrelevant.  Console players can just make unlimited accounts, so dying doesn’t affect anything, not like on PC anyway.   

• Beans 1

Console players still have to spend hours getting geared and putting together a vehicle, more if they plan to build a base, and THEN have the vehicle go stupid on them, or get killed in PvP due to laggy servers.  My son has DayZ on XBOX and his friend has it on PS5, and I can tell you XBOX is only marginally better than the Playstation.  It's a damn good thing PC players aren't thrown in with Console players, we would eat them alive, but end the end all suffer from stupid bugs and piss poor systems within the game.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Another day.... another very lucky DayZ player.  I never get this lucky driving. 

All that happened is that he was driving through a field and then he stopped.   He put the vehicle in neutral and hit the brakes.  That's all the server knew.  The car never left the ground, it was all client side effects.  Sure, it's buggy as hell, and opens you up to get shot at, easily, but it's pretty common.  I don't think you have to get lucky in this case.  

I think that it's great that you're hammering for cars to be fixed, but if your statements don't appear accurate then it doesn't help your case.  For example, it doesn't take a ton of effort, much less hours to build a car.  Cars are buggy and need work, sure, but they're not a death sentence in most cases.   Also, I'm not sure what you mean when you say that PC players will 'eat them alive'.

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

For example, it doesn't take a ton of effort, much less hours to build a car.  Cars are buggy and need work, sure, but they're not a death sentence in most cases.   Also, I'm not sure what you mean when you say that PC players will 'eat them alive'.

If you play on populated vanilla servers, it can take hours to find all the necessary components to get a vehicle working.  Cars are most definitely a death sentence in the Vanilla game on populated servers.  I have not played on a single populated Vanilla server that had working vehicles consistent... not one.   I don't have exact stats but I would say that at least 1/3 of my deaths in DayZ have been due to cars glitching.  PC Players have technical advantages with Keyboard and mouse and are much faster at reactions in PvP vs Console.  I don't play on low pop servers, what's the point, might as well just spin up your own and play.  Yeah, cars work wonderful if no one is playing on the server creating bases and such... again, what's the point?

And here is one of the truest statements ever uttered on REDDIT about DayZ.... EVER...

"A game where you spend hours - days - weeks - months building up a single character and can lose it all to one dumb glitch is a game where the Devs need to spend more time identifying and eliminating glitches. Simple as that."

Amen and AMEN

• Thanks 1

It would be wonderful if BI would team up with their new partners, Tencent, and figure out the hacker/cheater problem that DayZ has.  Maybe Tencent, whose net worth is 48+ BILLION DOLLARS in U.S. currency, and is the largest internet company in China could help figure out a way to stem cheaters so we can move cars back to client-side.  

"We are pleased to deepen our relationship with Tencent, one of the most significant internet companies in the world. We look forward to working on our current and future generations of games with the support of a strong partner that has known us for many years and understands our unique approach to online games,"  -Marek Španěl, CEO of Bohemia Interactive.

https://www.bohemia.net/blog/bohemia-interactive-minority-investment-tencet

Oh.  That's right.  BI says they "will continue to operate independently".   Guess they don't understand how China operates.  Just yesterday, the USA, and all of NATO, formally condemned China for basically funding and endorsing global cyber-attacks.  Everyone knows China is a problem.    Please ask Tencent to tell their government to help fight cheaters so that DayZ design concepts only involve systems and optimizations, not engines built around anti-cheat.   Cuz I really wanna drive my Olga from Severograd to Zelenogorsk without having to replace the radiator and spark plug every time.

10 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I don't play on low pop servers, what's the point, might as well just spin up your own and play.  Yeah, cars work wonderful if no one is playing on the server creating bases and such... again, what's the point?

Sometimes people just want to PVE versus infected, drive around and hang around with friends.  Community public hive does this well, and for free.  

I've had friends/veterans say to me "I've been in a real war, I'm not interested in your 'pvp'."  Either way people have legitimate, unapparent reasons for playing differently.   There doesn't have to be a point.

45 minutes ago, Parazight said:

It would be wonderful if BI would team up with their new partners, Tencent, and figure out the hacker/cheater problem that DayZ has.  Maybe Tencent, whose net worth is 48+ BILLION DOLLARS in U.S. currency, and is the largest internet company in China could help figure out a way to stem cheaters so we can move cars back to client-side.  

https://www.bohemia.net/blog/bohemia-interactive-minority-investment-tencet

Oh.  That's right.  BI says they "will continue to operate independently".   Guess they don't understand how China operates.  Just yesterday, the USA, and all of NATO, formally condemned China for basically funding and endorsing global cyber-attacks.  Everyone knows China is a problem.    Please ask Tencent to tell their government to help fight cheaters so that DayZ design concepts only involve systems and optimizations, not engines built around anti-cheat.   Cuz I really wanna drive my Olga from Severograd to Zelenogorsk without having to replace the radiator and spark plug every time.

Not taking up for China, but Tencent has made inroads into stopping cheating... especially when it affects their bottom line.... how Capitalist of them.... https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-56579449

If I were BI, I'd put in a TON of resources into figuring out how to detect if a user was using ESP.  That is the number one cheat in DayZ and other online FPS games like RUST, Valorent, Tarkov, COD.  Hell, if Battleye was serious, they could offer a reward for anyone that can produce a way for them to detect ESP, that would have to worth at least a well paid full time job just doing nothing but detecting ESP.  That's how AnarchyHD catches cheaters, he shadows them, and can clearly tell they are cheating by how they play the game.  He makes himself invisible and hides in walls or in places where cheaters can't see him and they still try to hunt him and shoot him.  Because through ESP they see him on the map or maybe even a stick figure of him behind walls and such, so they know his exact position.  We know "sanity checks" don't work as cheaters still move at incredible speeds on the map.  DayZ is not the only game suffering from cheating, but I can't remember when the last time I've seen a Battleye update.

53 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Sometimes people just want to PVE versus infected, drive around and hang around with friends.  Community public hive does this well, and for free.  

I've had friends/veterans say to me "I've been in a real war, I'm not interested in your 'pvp'."  Either way people have legitimate, unapparent reasons for playing differently.   There doesn't have to be a point.

Sounds like Role Playing, and to that I say to each his own.

It's amazing the level of detail they have gone through with their physics system.  A car that is in resting motion can suddenly barrel roll simply by attaching or detaching a component... that is so GENIUS!  Amazing work guys!  True to life even!  WOW!

Also, that guy likely might have been a duper (look at the number of magazines he had on him), so maybe since Battleye doesn't do shit for cheaters, this is how the devs plan to handle it going forward.

I get the frustration over cars. I think what really baffles me is why people still post about it like it's a new thing and why people actually bother with them at all. 

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I get the frustration over cars. I think what really baffles me is why people still post about it like it's a new thing and why people actually bother with them at all. 

It's not new, and getting them fixed should be a much higher priority.  That is the argument.  The devs say they know, and have even said we tried, but the game was released with broken vehicles.  I want new players or potential new players to know that aside from the fact the game is STILL a running simulator they should not depend on vehicles, and should really consider buying a half-finished game.  And yes, I consider Vehicles so necessary in this game that in their current state, it's half finished.  Knowing what I know now about how the game was developed and the fact that it's still got major bugs and glitches, I wouldn't buy it.  And don't get me wrong, I love this game.  I own two accounts on PC plus bought it for my son on Xbox.  I just want a playable game with as few bugs and glitches as popssible.  Which should have been the goal before releasing, but that fat console paycheck couldn't wait and this is what BI has to show for it.  A great IP with "less than desired" implementation.  That's unacceptable to me.  I have thousand of hours in this game, I pretty much play it exclusively but I just want it to work and I want others to know EXACTLY how this game behaves in it's current state.  I intend to keep this issue pushed on this forum EVERY DAY until it's fixed.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

It's not new, and getting them fixed should be a much higher priority.  That is the argument.  The devs say they know, and have even said we tried, but the game was released with broken vehicles.  I want new players or potential new players to know that aside from the fact the game is STILL a running simulator they should not depend on vehicles, and should really consider buying a half-finished game.  And yes, I consider Vehicles so necessary in this game that in their current state, it's half finished.  Knowing what I know now about how the game was developed and the fact that it's still got major bugs and glitches, I wouldn't buy it.  And don't get me wrong, I love this game.  I own two accounts on PC plus bought it for my son on Xbox.  I just want a playable game with as few bugs and glitches as popssible.  Which should have been the goal before releasing, but that fat console paycheck couldn't wait and this is what BI has to show for it.  A great IP with "less than desired" implementation.  That's unacceptable to me.  I have thousand of hours in this game, I pretty much play it exclusively but I just want it to work and I want others to know EXACTLY how this game behaves in it's current state.  I intend to keep this issue pushed on this forum EVERY DAY until it's fixed.

Oh well, good luck with that. But they'll never fix them. 

18 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Oh well, good luck with that. But they'll never fix them. 

You may be right.  Apparently you can't even drive over railroad tracks without becoming an astronaut.  Thanks BI!

I guess I'm lucky but I'm still to have a car do weird shit. The worst I've had is screen freeze for a second. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy

2 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I guess I'm lucky but I'm still to have a car do weird shit. The worst I've had is screen freeze for a second. 

You mean like this?

That is the current state of vehicles on console.  This video is two years old, but is still valid as nothing has changed.

4 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

You mean like this?

That is the current state of vehicles on console.  This video is two years old, but is still valid as nothing has changed.

Not quite like that, I've always been lucky and skidded into a field. 

Speaking of luck... both bad and good.  Check this out!

This guys had bad luck with the car he is in... that's to be expected.  But what luck he had rolling out of the way of the car as it tried to come back and murder him.  WOW!

😆 and it happened with the car standing still... If that gate opened by some remote chance, then it would be even worse. It's another problem with physics - how doors work. Opening/Closing animations are absolute - they will move anything in their way and if it can't be moved, then the door will pass through obstacle - be it players, npcs or vehicles. There is a slight difference though... Vehicles are usually destroyed in the process.