Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.12 (Changelog)

56 minutes ago, McWendy said:

The infected should be able to be killed by a Firefighter/splitting or pickaxe to the face. Maybe the sledgehammer too. It would make sense (if a good landed headshot) No organism in the world would go on with what it was doing if that hit him in the face. 

It would make the value of those items go up and therefore their presence in the world should be lowered. You would be clapping in your hands if you come across such a melee weapon. Like we did in earlier updates. Everyone was looking for a Firefighter axe. 

Slicing weapons should only one hit kill from behind in the Sweet spot. A knife takedown if you Will.

Apart from that crouching and crawling should be awarded more. Their needs to be way more unawareness from infected if you slow down. This should definetly be the case at Night. You should go want to go looting and Night (obviously with decent working and rendering light sources) 

The amount of infected needs to increase. Difficulty would increase, yes. So? Whats wrong with being able to take on a group of infected by standing in a doorway? Also makes sense you are covered by walls. Making the infected being able to bash doen Doors and Windows (like they said would be possible 5 yrs ago) will nullify that advantage. 

Also dont forget if you are taking on a group of infected it will lower your awareness and increases other players awareness of you in that town/city.

Tldr: the infected should NOT be powerfull or tanky. They should be with more and maybe more chance of infection. That Will make you think twice about tanking infected hits.

Hear, hear!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

There is also a problem with players not actually playing the Experimental.

The problem here is that the exp servers aren't used right. You won't get high traffic because few players are interested in investing hours on the experimental branch since it isn't "real". Building a vehicle takes hours. Finding that SVAL or Pioneer can take days. Heck, even finding someone to shoot at once you have found that juicy new weapon can take hours...

Of course the core game loop needs testing too, but you could always make experimental a little more "sexy" by making a separate dedicated exp server for testing specific elements of a new patch. As you said 1.12 brings a lot of balance changes to combat - so why not have a dedicated "deathmatch" experimental server to get intense pvp testing? You'd get more opportunity to monitor server backend at high traffic and combat and there would be more valid feedback rather than kneejerk reactions to Wobo's videos and random streamer whinging. I made a server like this, but sadly traffic on it was very low - I believe an official pvp testing server - especially with the early reactions to 1.12 experimental - would have been very busy. You missed an opportunity here.

Another variant - when you get around to testing improvements on vehicles - would be a mission with cars ready to go placed all around the map, to get vehicle behaviour data.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

Our feedback channels are often spammed by players who watched videos analyzing numbers by others (sometimes of already outdated Experimental builds) without even playing themselves, so running through all feedback can take quite a bit. That said, the balancing of combat elements in DayZ does not stop with the release of 1.12. Further updates will happen, and when something seems unfitting, we will tackle it - if not as an addition to a hotfix.

Thank you for a great work! Pls keep the loud crowd of "i want no challenge, gimme lots of food, warm weather and splitting axe" opinion filtered. As always with the feedbacks, people who are happy with the trend and know how games supposed to work mostly don't type on forums.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Thank you for the feedback. See the last ticket as acknowledged as well, I've brought it to our designers attention.

This update sees a gigantic re-balancing of combat in melee and ranged, against players and infected. We're trying to balance countless weapons causing shock, damage and bleeding, while considering their accuracy, need for maintenance, and rarity (+ countless other values). It is normal that not everything is perfect, and we will probably need way longer to get it to feel right than the usual Experimental period allows.There is also a problem with players not actually playing the Experimental. Our feedback channels are often spammed by players who watched videos analyzing numbers by others (sometimes of already outdated Experimental builds) without even playing themselves, so running through all feedback can take quite a bit. That said, the balancing of combat elements in DayZ does not stop with the release of 1.12. Further updates will happen, and when something seems unfitting, we will tackle it - if not as an addition to a hotfix.

Thank you.

On 4/16/2021 at 12:31 PM, Derleth said:

Agreed. The larger weapons were nerfed by more than 50% which is too much. Splitting axe normal attack does equal damage to a heavy fist attack... That is just Wrong with a capital W.

The inventory system in general needs a bit of an overhaul. You simply should not be able to put long rifles in backpacks or axe/pickaxe or a bloody AKS74U in a jacket...

Ideally I would want inventory space in each item divided into compartments roughly corresponding to number of pockets. So say a wool coat would have its 30 slots (5x6) split into four compartments, two 2x3 and two 3x3. However that would make inventory management an even more annoying game of tetris, so I'd say simply tagging bulky items with a "won't go into clothing" flag would probably be better (and would work with the console inventory system). Long rifles should simply be blocked from going into anything but storage containers (crates, barrels, sea chests, tents). Possibly consider adding attachment slots as on some modded backpacks - then people can see you're carrying a Mosin strapped to your backpack. If folding buttstocks were made to actually fold that could make those rifles smaller to fit into some bags.

Imo you shouldn't be able to bind items carried in your backpack to the hotbar at all, do away with the "I-look-harmless-but-have-three-assault-rifles-in-my-backpack-ready-to-pop-in-a-second" meta.

Laughs in putting AKS-74U under the jacket and zipping myself up while putting another one in my pants and a sawed off double barrel on the other side of my adidas tracksuit while carrying few MP5's in the backpack 

i agree on modded backpack slots that attaches stuff onto the backpack and makes it visible in 3D space xd

You can easily hide it under the jacket as you can see 
6e1e83e16c7d5c76e45bbf3a5b26fd71.jpg

These are Soviet Mi-24 pilots carrying AKS-74u
8wrhj3uiyrp31.jpg
7FAF82EE-F3B9-4364-9636-B6DDC5366CCA-1.j

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 1

PC Experimental 1.12 Update 5: Version 1.12.153889 (Released on 26.04.2021)

NOTES

• Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q.DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

GAME

ADDED

• More RPT log messages in case data verification goes wrong

FIXED

• A possible server crash related to modded servers
  • Infected were able to walk through doors at certain locations
  • Wrong values in 7.62x54 and .308 ammunition configuration (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T157734#2179006)
  • Wrong shock fall off settings for 7.62x39 ammunition
  • PBO file paths being clipped by the dialogue screen
  • When more than one mod was missing, it would not display which ones (only when there was only one mod missing)
  • A string was not properly translated for one connection error message (STR_ve_m_rogue_pbo1)
  • Minor configuration errors within CE setups

CHANGED

• ExtraMod and MissingMod messages will now also display the PBO that triggered the fail
  • When the game detects that a mod might be out of date, it will also display the PBO that triggered the fail
  • Reduced effective range and damage of 7.62x54 and .308 ammunition

SERVER

• Fixed: The Eggsperimental Capsule was set to spawn on Community servers
  • Fixed: Server log messages displaying information that should only be displayed on client
  • Fixed: Server log kick messages having string tags instead of the actual message
  • Fixed: Server log kick messages having new lines (they are replaced with spaces now)

MODDING

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

A really good minor update and fix. 

However the new military barracks at North West Airfield barely drop any items in the current spawn table. It could be an idea to look into it as well before you release it to the official 1.12 patch. 

36 minutes ago, Nebulae3 said:

A really good minor update and fix. 

However the new military barracks at North West Airfield barely drop any items in the current spawn table. It could be an idea to look into it as well before you release it to the official 1.12 patch. 

You sure its not picked clean allready? One of the highest traffic locations so could be Just that. 

It was the same almost on a live stream earlier on a different map very few drops, but the same building type. 

Ran around NWA for a bit. Zombies fell easily with a hatchet. Tac Bac was readily available from zeds and barracks etc. and opening doors had limited effect on zeds in the area. Several zeds were on roofs milling around also.

I really hope you guys stick to your guns on this update, this is the best the game has felt in a LONG time,  almost all melee weapons are viable for taking out Zeds (noone likes you broom) which means there are a lot less "pointless" items in the game now people just toss aside. I even prefer brass knuckles over most other things now! The combat tuning is heading in the right direction, more actual gunfights and uncons as opposed to people with gear fear just ambushing with one shot and winning. LOVE the direction. Most happy people don't take to the forums, so just wanted to yours out there there are a lot of happy people just like me digging the changes!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

What about changing back the range of gunshots sounds? Now I can't hear a shotgun from 200mts.

Have you Devs tested gunshots sound range irl? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

On 4/12/2021 at 2:05 PM, MrBlonde90 said:

Great point. Very lazy of the dupers and just takes the fun away from people like me and you. I wanna be able to enjoy an authentic fight with someone who just found a BK-18 and a machete in the house across the street while i just have an SGK with 13 rounds. Its those duels that make the game fun, or just interacting with decent people in the game. I've noticed every single duper is an as*hole geared to the core hunting down freshies who have a BK-43 with no ammunition and a hammer with a can of tuna in the backpack... to the dupers, how is that fun? You really enjoy a one-sided fight dont you? and to the ones saying "get good" put a M4 in my hands with the same vest and clothing you have and ill dominate every fight. Dont tell someone to get good when they have a rifle that has to reload after every shot and you got 36 magazines of 60 round 5.56 for your M4 like GTFOH. I hope the devs do realize that the dupers are killing this game and making it unpleasant for the people who just want to log in, stroll through Chernarus or Livonia and have a good time...

All in all, thank you Bohemia for DayZ, hopefully you guys give us an FPS boost for Series X|S on Xbox

8 hours ago, McWendy said:

You sure its not picked clean allready? One of the highest traffic locations so could be Just that. 

Nwaf on ps no loot at all!

21 hours ago, Kadavr_Creator said:

I really hope you guys stick to your guns on this update, this is the best the game has felt in a LONG time,  almost all melee weapons are viable for taking out Zeds (noone likes you broom) which means there are a lot less "pointless" items in the game now people just toss aside. I even prefer brass knuckles over most other things now! The combat tuning is heading in the right direction, more actual gunfights and uncons as opposed to people with gear fear just ambushing with one shot and winning. LOVE the direction. Most happy people don't take to the forums, so just wanted to yours out there there are a lot of happy people just like me digging the changes!!

Is this an out of season April fool's joke?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

Is this an out of season April fool's joke?

he's right tho... no more one shotting but rather unconning people... much better... you would have to double tap a guy just in case... he has a chance to fight back.. it's a great change...and not to mention realistic... if you get hit in the plate carrier...

6 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

he has a chance to fight back..

eeehhh, how exactly? I mean either you go uncon or you get stagger locked ... in either case, you can do nothing other than hope that the enemy is a bad shot since you have no way to fight back now.

One of my buddies literally whined about this few days ago. Was fully geared with the plate carrier ... someone shot him with a baby AK or something ... got staggered, then got shot again .... got staggered again, plate carrier ruined, went uncon ... dude finished him off. The "fight" lasted around 5 seconds and my buddy literally could not do anything during that time due to being locked into the stagger animation.

If we assume that people are bad and do not finish people off, sure, you might have a chance ... but technically, it's way easier to kill people now since they cannot react and run away when getting hit.

Edited by 'AZAZEL'
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

eeehhh, how exactly? I mean either you go uncon or you get stagger locked ... in either case, you can do nothing other than hope that the enemy is a bad shot since you have no way to fight back now.

One of my buddies literally whined about this few days ago. Was fully geared with the plate carrier ... someone shot him with a baby AK or something ... got staggered, then got shot again .... got staggered again, plate carrier ruined, went uncon ... dude finished him off. The "fight" lasted around 5 seconds and my buddy literally could not do anything during that time due to being locked into the stagger animation.

If we assume that people are bad and do not finish people off, sure, you might have a chance ... but technically, it's way easier to kill people now since they cannot react and run away when getting hit.

same thing is in CSGO... sort off... yet i don't see a lot of people bitch about it... DayZ is more of a realistic game... not Call of Duty... i would like to see you get shot while wearing body armor and still be able to react with no reaction in real life... you might wanna start thinking and treating DayZ like it's Escape from Tarkov

EDIT: now that i think of it... this should be a optional setting for server owners so we could have Arena / DeathMatch servers without this... just in case people like it turned off

Edited by KajMak64Bit2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

same thing is in CSGO... sort off...

Csgo has movement speed decrease when you get shot, and DayZ has full stunlock and uncon (literally the most extreme difference it could be except dying)

i would like to see you get shot while wearing body armor and still be able to react with no reaction in real life

This is the worst argument to bring up when it comes to making a fun game.

Anyway, stagger got removed from everything but x54r and .308, so it doesn't really matter as of right now, because if you get staggered you go uncon anyway.

What's important is that gunfights last literally 50-80% shorter due to the shock changes, and no armor fights also last 50-80% shorter due to overall increased damage of every round in the game (except .357).

DayZ is more of a realistic game...

You can't apply real life logic to everything. It has to feel somewhat realistic, not be fully realistic.

You get shot in the leg by .308 in-game and you go uncon, while I'm somewhat certain most of the time IRL that wouldn't happen. Ofc you would fall to the ground etc etc, but for a game it might me too much.

Broken legs, bleeding, lost health and shock damage from walking with broken legs are enough.

The point is, if it's like that IRL doesn't have to mean that it should be like that in a game. It's a game, and balance is the most important aspect of a game. While it's logical that big rounds do more damage, they already put you down to yellow HP which lowers your movement speed.

Mosins were literally the most common guns and yet they could take out best armor in the game in 1 shot, all the time, that's not balanced.

Edited by DefectiveWater

17 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

i would like to see you get shot while wearing body armor and still be able to react with no reaction in real life...

I don't mind realism by any means, but by that logic ... I would also like you to get shot in the head by a 9mm or .45 ACP and survive like you do in dayz currently. 🤪

I mean if we want dayz to be about realism, then that would require turning almost every gun in the game to be lethal with 1 or 2 shots depending where you hit ofc ... which would throw gun balancing out of the window.

Edited by 'AZAZEL'
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

I mean if we want dayz to be about realism, then that would require turning almost every gun in the game to be lethal with 1 or 2 shots depending where you hit ofc ... which would throw gun balancing out of the window. 

Well, I for one wanted DayZ to be as authentic as possible, especially in gunplay, just like Arma, OFP and ofc the original DayZ mod. Now while driving down the arcade route I am no longer sure if i wanna be a passenger.

• Thanks 2
  • Beans 1

39 minutes ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

Well, I for one wanted DayZ to be as authentic as possible, especially in gunplay, just like Arma, OFP and ofc the original DayZ mod. Now while driving down the arcade route I am no longer sure if i wanna be a passenger.

I feel like majority of people don't want bullet sponges where it takes 4 shots to kill unarmored players to torso with 7.62x39 (it used to be 2), but... this change to the SKS where it one shots to 300 meters is too much.

Keep the 7.62 and 5.56 as it was, 2 shots to kill if no armor, ~68 damage and ~55 damage respectively.
Finally, give more recoil to the 7.62x39 when compared to 5.56, and FINALLY fix the rate of fire bug, M4 and quite a lot of guns are bugged at 600 RPM when they should be much higher.

There's a limit to "realism" if you ask me.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

There is no realism to DayZ full stop. We need to move away from this silly idea. We're talking about a game where you can fix a broken leg with a couple of sticks and be back running around in less than a day. Where military grade boots wear out in no time despite walking on grass. Where knives go from brand new to utterly destroyed in the space of a few hours because you cut a few bushes and a bit of bark.

But that doesn't mean the game mechanics can't be implemented in a way that makes balanced sense. However, this is the most difficult thing to get "right" in any game.

One shotting should be a thing. But there needs to be a random element to it and not every weapon should be capable of it. Likewise nobody should be able to get shot a couple of times, just shrug it off, go running to cover and start firing back like it was nothing.

The unconscious element that the devs are trying out is a step in the right direction. But, like everything else, it will need some bedding in. Of course, though, the pew pew crowd will be up in arms, because their only idea of what the game is is getting a gun and plate armour and then heading to the nearest firefight...rinse/repeat.

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

One shotting should be a thing.

And only should happen if it's a headshot (except .22), or by the most powerful guns when shot in unarmored torso (x54r and .308), not x39. That's my vision of DayZ, I dunno about the rest of you people.

The only time I would bring one shotting to the torso is if heart hitbox ever get's added, but that's a story for another day.

Agreed with your other points.

But the biggest drawback of the current state is that gunfights last 50-80% shorter due to uncon and damage changes. It used  to be 4 shots to kill and you are dead, now it's 2 and you are uncon (practically dead). Devs did acknowledge plate carrier concerns, but I feel like that won't be enough if SKS/Scout/CR stay as powerful as they are.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Thanks 2

PC Experimental 1.12 Update 6: Version 1.12.153895 (Released on 30.04.2021)

NOTES

• Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q.DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

GAME

FIXED

• Position in queue not shown when using direct connect
  • Connection/queue screen leave button was not visible

SERVER

• Fixed: DayZDiag.exe was crashing when run as a server
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What is DayZDiag.exe for? Some kind of performance profiling or debug? Is there documentation available?