Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.12 (Changelog)

11 hours ago, lvw06 said:

if you point one out they'll even ban you off their discord. It's insane, may as well play official.

11 hours ago, lvw06 said:

I experienced the same thing on their discord! To believe that those who take care of the Dicscord also cheat and that they do not like to be told that they have been seen cheating.

They have a report form on Spaggie's website for that, you might consider using that instead. Keeping the discord clean of accusations and insinuations seems like a reasonable thing to do. 

Edited by fl1y
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, lobart78 said:

Can you tell me 1 server that is as performant as the official one and has no mods, active admins and you can choose 1 or 3pp and is in/close middle europe?

There's a few not modded servers out there with active admins, most that I tried were better performance wise
The CommunityZ for example runs on a dedicated machine in europe, way smoother than official servers for me when the population hits high/full.
On official expy servers after a certain player pop zombies can no longer move freely and get stuck everywhere for example

Hackers can occure everywhere, but if you report them they get banned pretty quickly on all vanilla community servers I tried, and to most rumours of admin abuse I came across people cannot give any proof and it turns out to be just salt.. especially when servers run no mods like CommunityZ or Spaggies servers to prevent any admin god mode abuse.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, fl1y said:

Honestly i think it is more of a "mental" problem. I play on officials quite alot and give it up quite often too, every time i think i have been killed by a cheater.
They certainly exist, but i can't recall the last time i was killed by blatant one. The problem is that most times you just don't know where you got shot from, and since officials are said to have alot of cheaters you automatically assume it. Just think about every time you get a lucky blaze shot from like 400 meters. The guy on the receiving end most likely think you are a cheater as well. 
Also you can try avoiding full servers, since cheaters are much more likely to pick those. And "extra" 10-20 ppl are probably stuck on the cost anyway.

Ok maybe, but last time before I uninstalled the game I was killed like this: 

tell me if it was legitimate in your opinion

Chinesee cheaters are everywhere on officjal servers

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lobart78 said:

I died in exactly the same way on Electro a few days ago, on the Spaggies EU server ... But otherwise everything is fine, the cheat on private servers does not seem to exist ...😆🤨🤐🤫

Edited by lvw06

lvw06 and lobart78, your (mainly lvw06) comment histories are literally only about cheaters. People get it, DayZ devs get it, everyone gets it, online games have cheaters, go cry about it to BattleEye, they are responsible for Anti-Cheat and not on 1.12 experimental thread.
You two and possibly some others are not providing ANY constructive feedback for the 1.12, so why are you here? This isn't the place to talk about private servers or cheaters on official.

If you are that passionate about banning cheaters, go work for BattleEye, they would probably be glad to have more people on their side.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, DefectiveWater said:

lvw06 and lobart78, your (mainly lvw06) comment histories are literally only about cheaters. People get it, DayZ devs get it, everyone gets it, online games have cheaters, go cry about it to BattleEye, they are responsible for Anti-Cheat and not on 1.12 experimental thread.
You two and possibly some others are not providing ANY constructive feedback for the 1.12, so why are you here? This isn't the place to talk about private servers or cheaters on official.

If you are that passionate about banning cheaters, go work for BattleEye, they would probably be glad to have more people on their side.

There are times when it feels good to let off steam on a topic that many people here don't want to acknowledge. But you are right, at work Battleye !! As you did for R6 Siege at one time. I'll leave it there but please stop saying that the number 1 priority of this game is to fix the cars. It becomes indecent. Thank you and good game to you.

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

I will cry about it everywhere it gets most attention because people are dying to hackers having hours in their character while they are literally adding brooms to a game. In this game where it hurts very much when you die. If you are killed by a hacker in R6 you don’t mind that much because the match is over in few minutes but if you die in dayZ you can have hours or days of progress on your character. They need to focus the attention to where it’s needed, not sweep it under carpet because it’s supposedly on BattleEye’s side. They don’t do anything about it either. I doubt I can report a hacker on BattleEye and they gonna be banned.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, lobart78 said:

Nothing wrong here, you died from a heart attack.

• Haha 3
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, lobart78 said:

I will cry about it everywhere it gets most attention because people are dying to hackers having hours in their character while they are literally adding brooms to a game. In this game where it hurts very much when you die. If you are killed by a hacker in R6 you don’t mind that much because the match is over in few minutes but if you die in dayZ you can have hours or days of progress on your character. They need to focus the attention to where it’s needed, not sweep it under carpet because it’s supposedly on BattleEye’s side. They don’t do anything about it either. I doubt I can report a hacker on BattleEye and they gonna be banned.

Dude, neither DayZ nor Bohemia has ANYTHING to do with BattleEye's client or algorithm to detect cheating in games - crying about it here will get you absolutely NOWHERE - if it did, cheats wouldve been stamped out all across games when COD first blew up, because their forums are probably a million times bigger and louder than here think about how many online games there are in the world, and how many cheats are out there, all running the same battleeye client trying to detect speedhacks. game developers dont make games that detect cheats, nor do they protect against them. And yet does any of the whining get Activision to do anything? No, because they cant. they dont run the anticheat software. Only BattleEye does. you go to take your problems to them, and show them your clips, and then maybe they can work on their anticheat engine and detection algorithms.

Youre literally wasting your breath here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Derleth said:

Back on topic - has anyone had time to get into fights on Experimental? I spent three hours on it last night and did not meet a soul, I didn't even hear any shots... It is simply not possible to test the balance changes that way - which brings me back to my suggestion:

Add a standalone pvp testing server with a custom mission!

Make everyone spawn around a town, give them loadouts, spawn heaps of weapons and ammo around the area - and gather some intense pvp data.

that's a great idea... idk why they don't do that... have a typical modded DayZ arena game mode where you spawn with gear... and healing items... and just do PVP... major PVP information gather and also Perfomance information... WE NEED THIS RIGHT NOW

3 hours ago, Just Caused said:

Nothing wrong here, you died from a heart attack.

Shit that can happen in DayZ? like for real? if true that's just... Bruh moment xD

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, lobart78 said:

that's what you call an "invisible bullet", hackers are doing that for months now- i already complained about that very often but nobody really cares.

dont' play on Official Servers, thats Rule #1

4 hours ago, PoweredByte said:

that's what you call an "invisible bullet", hackers are doing that for months now- i already complained about that very often but nobody really cares.

dont' play on Official Servers, thats Rule #1

I'm just grateful this doesn't happen on console. I guess that's a plus for us console players. we just have to deal with dupers but thats ok because 99% of the time they are trash at the game and its satisfying raiding a dupe base or killing a player that has 3 lars on him and 2 vsds. 

• Like 1

PC Experimental 1.12 Update 4: Version 1.12.153845 (Released on 15.04.2021)

NOTES

• Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

GAME

FIXED

• Server error when attaching barbed wire to a base building fence
  • Blurry info text in the login/logout window
  • Magnum had inconsistent damage
  • Wrong initial speed multiplier for BK43 and Magnum

CHANGED

• Adjusted .357, 5.56, 9x19 and 12 gauge slug ammunition (air friction, initial speeds, penetration,...)

SERVER

• Fixed: Server-side #lock and #unlock commands
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2

• Reduced blood loss from a bleeding source is a great change, because all older versions it was unbalance from zombie hits to bullets, well done. 

One question are animals in this current 1.12 patch?

1. Barn door click icon is a bit far away to open/close by the way in this current build. 
Edited by Nebulae3

37 minutes ago, Nebulae3 said:

One question are animals in this current 1.12 patch?

I'm fairly certain they are (wolves, cows, chickens), unless you meant the latest mini patch they just released because I didn't play on that yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DefectiveWater said:

I'm fairly certain they are (wolves, cows, chickens), unless you meant the latest mini patch they just released because I didn't play on that yet.

Alright nice I roasted a chicken, but no deer at the moment. 

https://ibb.co/4Wb44CL

• Beans 1

Well... SKS seems to be my new favorite gun.

I just got shot by a Mosin, my plate tanked it, I staggered (weird feeling not being able to move), went uncon, no bleeding, yellow HP (quickly got back to 3/4). Dudes (2 of them) didn't know I was uncon (pitch black night) and after I woke up SKS did it's job... except that my IRON SIGHTS got bugged (it got fixed after I threw a grenade). They were misaligned, forgot to take a screenshot of the misaligned sights though...
Not sure if SKS is a single shot kill now, but if I had to guess, it isn't. At least not at the 70-100m range, or I just missed every shot until the last one, lol.

All in all, good changes will come to PVP (uncon states), few tweaks here and there and it should be good.
But I will have to make a ticket about misaligned sights if I don't find the existing one.

If anyone reading this was in Zaprudnoe, sorry for KOS, I had to test PVP changes.

Edited by DefectiveWater

4 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

Well... SKS seems to be my new favorite gun.

I just got shot by a Mosin, my plate tanked it, I staggered (weird feeling not being able to move), went uncon, no bleeding, yellow HP (quickly got back to 3/4). Dudes (2 of them) didn't know I was uncon (pitch black night) and after I woke up SKS did it's job... except that my IRON SIGHTS got bugged (it got fixed after I threw a grenade). They were misaligned, forgot to take a screenshot of the misaligned sights though...
Not sure if SKS is a single shot kill now, but if I had to guess, it isn't. At least not at the 70-100m range, or I just missed every shot until the last one, lol.

All in all, good changes will come to PVP (uncon states), few tweaks here and there and it should be good.
But I will have to make a ticket about misaligned sights if I don't find the existing one.

If anyone reading this was in Zaprudnoe, sorry for KOS, I had to test PVP changes.

Misaligned iron sights is a known issue, as far as I know. It's been highlighted in a few big YTbers videos. If you don't see the open ticket, just make a new one and it'll get combined with the main ticket once it gets seen.

34 minutes ago, BrotherPlum said:

Misaligned iron sights is a known issue, as far as I know. It's been highlighted in a few big YTbers videos. If you don't see the open ticket, just make a new one and it'll get combined with the main ticket once it gets seen.

Then I guess I will be making a few tickets today... Misaligned sights, Concrete walls with gaps under them sometimes not working and causing you to sometimes get fully stuck, and one barn that is too high and you have to vault to enter it.

Sorted all 3 tickets, hope that at least the Concrete walls get fixed as they seem the easiest to fix (Barn isn't that much of an issue).

Edited by DefectiveWater

revert melee damage back to what it was pleeeaaase :)

5 hours ago, rom0 said:

revert melee damage back to what it was pleeeaaase 🙂

I feel like they should buff larger weapons, but increase their size in the inventory too. Splitting axe and Pickaxes in hunting jackets? dumb.
Additionally increase the stamina use when swinging them, if that already isn't a feature.

It would provide some more separation of small weapons and larger ones.

And people would have to choose between: Good stealth zombie killer (2 hits, but it staggers the zeds or cancels their attack) or a second gun.

Axes in backpacks? I guess that's okay, but I feel like backpacks shouldn't be accessible while they are on your back, so any item inside backpacks couldn't be used right away.

Edited by DefectiveWater

21 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

I feel like they should buff larger weapons, but increase their size in the inventory too. Splitting axe and Pickaxes in hunting jackets? dumb.
Additionally increase the stamina use when swinging them, if that already isn't a feature.

Agreed. The larger weapons were nerfed by more than 50% which is too much. Splitting axe normal attack does equal damage to a heavy fist attack... That is just Wrong with a capital W.

The inventory system in general needs a bit of an overhaul. You simply should not be able to put long rifles in backpacks or axe/pickaxe or a bloody AKS74U in a jacket...

Ideally I would want inventory space in each item divided into compartments roughly corresponding to number of pockets. So say a wool coat would have its 30 slots (5x6) split into four compartments, two 2x3 and two 3x3. However that would make inventory management an even more annoying game of tetris, so I'd say simply tagging bulky items with a "won't go into clothing" flag would probably be better (and would work with the console inventory system). Long rifles should simply be blocked from going into anything but storage containers (crates, barrels, sea chests, tents). Possibly consider adding attachment slots as on some modded backpacks - then people can see you're carrying a Mosin strapped to your backpack. If folding buttstocks were made to actually fold that could make those rifles smaller to fit into some bags.

Imo you shouldn't be able to bind items carried in your backpack to the hotbar at all, do away with the "I-look-harmless-but-have-three-assault-rifles-in-my-backpack-ready-to-pop-in-a-second" meta.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Derleth said:

However that would make inventory management an even more annoying game of tetris

I want the most hardcore tetris of all tetrises.

Agreed with everything you said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

14 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

I want the most hardcore tetris of all tetrises.

Agreed with everything you said.

I love Tetris, kek. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1