Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.12 (Changelog)

From what I've seen when they attack you with 2 hands (unless they changed it), your block won't work. Which is dumb, should just make it a reaction timing then, and not "I block everything with my bare hands, even knife attacks as long as they don't do the power attacks", but when I think about how many buttons this game utilizes already, adding a seperate "block" button would probably be too much.

2 hours ago, Derleth said:

I'm not so sure about stunlock, as discussed earlier so no need to drag it out again. And yeah I had managed to un-remember the non-stop sprinting of pre-0.63, but on the other hand there was more intertia then (unless I'm imagining it, too much time has passed) and the violent weapon sway after sprinting was brutal, you didn't want to get in a firefight after a long rush. So yeah, I do believe connecting shock damage to depletion of temporary stamina definitely is something they should look into. Already you lose all your stamina when puking, getting slammed by two 5.56 in your platecarrier should do that too - but you'd be able to stagger off or go prone and crawl for cover.

So we are basically on the same page. Inertia was never a thing, the wild sway tho yes, good point.

2 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

@Buakaw can you please describe your usual firefight? 

I start firing, pump bullets into the the enemy player which freezes for 2 seconds, then shoots 20 bullets at once and we both die.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

You see, this is where realistic ballistics come in and this why we need it. What you're saying is to have basically hardcoded values no matter what, but that is ... CoD. DayZ is based on Arma, which is a realistic military shooter which means that not only it matters which round you fired but also at what distance, what is the target wearing and in what condition, are there any obstacles in the way etc.. Do you realize you can shoot and kill through walls in DayZ? That is another layer of complexity to the gunfight, that is another layer of strategy. When to engage and whom. But a rifle round will kill you at a certain distance. Pistol round will kill you at a certain distance. Because it has enough power to do that at that distance.

What other people usually ask for is more complexity with regards to the damage. Critical zones that determine the severity of your injury and the body's reaction to it. Why would you dumb it down, to rifle round against armor or nor? It makes no sense. Body is not just head = insta kill and rest of the body = sponge. You say that you want tactical approach and yet you want to nullify all tactics that comes with the complexity of firearms. Not only that you are contradicting yourself here but to bluntly paraphrase you, if you don't understand ballistics then you shouldn't be giving feedback on it.

You just make no sense, not once have i asked for hardcoded damage values, plus even if i did it doesn't make it like COD(thats like saying COD is the same as CSGO), its dumb that you say that and act like it makes sense but whatever i guess.

Having ballistics as they are with air friction, damage drop off and so on is all perfectly fine, i have not ever said otherwise. All im asking for is to balance the current system, not replace it with something else, which is simply done by changing damage/shock/armour values. Also, i have literally stated in previous comments about how noticing what gear/weaponry someone has can affect the fight, and why that doesn't matter in 1.12, so why are you repeating what i've said????

To answer your question i do know you can wallbang.

Now "when to engage and whom" is something, again, i've already talked about and explained why a balanced system adds that aspect to the game, go read my previous comments.(So far you're just repeating what i've said and acting like it now somehow helps your argument but il go with it)

"What other people usually ask for is more complexity with regards to the damage", ????????? You think that having all top tier calibers(except 5.45x39 and 9x39) 1 shotting everyone is more complex than having each individual caliber unique and giving the game loot progression?????

"Why would you dumb it down, to rifle round against armor or nor? It makes no sense. Body is not just head = insta kill and rest of the body = sponge"                                                                                                                                                                                                 Well, when did i ever say or ask for this. I simply gave a baseline of what i think the devs should be balancing ballistics towards. I said that any automatic weapon(meaning ka's and m4) should not 1 shot unless its a headshot to someone without wearing ballistic protection becuase its an automatic not a sniper.

Again, adding more depth and progression to loot, instead of all weapons doing the same thing, they are now unique, giving players the choice to pick the most effective weapon, based on how they wish to play. No point chosing between the weapons, if you can just use them all as a sniper and it be just as effective. You talk of complexity, yet want all weapons to 1 shot, you are something special.

Give me a logical explanation, to why the majority of rifles 1 shotting, even to the body, is better or more enjoyable, than balanced gameplay in a combat interaction. All these replies and not one of you has given an answer to this. Well someone tried but it was far from logical, he gave me an answer in the form of an in game scenario but didn't really think about it in depth at all, so i broke it all down for him and explained how the scenario would playout with each combat system, if you want to read it im not typing that much just to repeat myself again.

If you're wondering, yes i realised your entire comment is just repeating what i've already said, or just straight up making shit up, pretending that it somehow helps your argument now instead, without logical reasoning to how or why.

Then you say im contradicting myself(with no reasoning) whilst your entire comment was a self contradiction, acting like you want complex variables in combat, yet want combat-interactions to last only for one easily placed shot, so you dont have to take your time to aim for a well placed headshot, or make mid-combat decisions that actually require you to think???? Again, whats enjoyable about that in comparison to an acual, heart racing, combat-interaction that requires both shot placement and strategy(i go more in depth on this in a previous comment as i said earlier).

PS Im officially done with this, im just repeating myself over and over and no one can give a logical counter thats thought through, so im just discussing the same crap everytime, because people cant understand logical reasoning without bias.

Gonna post my suggestion here to not make a new topic.

Since now You will be able to lock vehicle parts to the vehicle I think You should also make them locked by default to the car wrecks meaning you need a Tire Iron to take the wheels off and a Wrench to take body parts off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

So I'm on xbox playing the experimental and wanna start by saying the new 1.12 update on the experimental servers it's amazing just wanna say that first but, the zombies are now way to OP. I'm fine with making them harder to kill but c'mon. When one zombie gets agroad it will agro all zombies around I'm fine with that too but for the fact that I can use a sledgehammer and it takes more then 6 hits to take just one down, really. They are way to OP now. I understand if you guys trying to go for different weapon damage towards them but it feels like it's the same for every weapon now. The zombies don't even react to you hitting then anymore unless it's a power hit. They pull off 3 or more  hits before you get 2 hits in and on xbox they still hit you when you go unconscious. Needs to fix before 1.12 update goes lives on main servers please.

Edited by xKJCxDaRkMaN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Buakaw said:

I start firing, pump bullets into the the enemy player which freezes for 2 seconds, then shoots 20 bullets at once and we both die.

Oh well, stun lock seems to be the least of your problems then. 

11 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

Oh well, stun lock seems to be the least of your problems then. 

I'm joking. It does happen more often than it should on 100/100 servers tho.

Usually I run across the open field, mosin iron sights in hand, wiggling left and right while zigg zagging, ready to quickscope any pesky tree campers and noobs I come across, which I can spot from 800m with ease thanks to my ultra low settings rendering bushes as 2d sprites or not at all.

When I spot them it takes about 1.8 seconds from me zooming in, flicking onto them and pulling the trigger to my 762x54 penetrating their dome, leaving them wondering what the fuck just happened. "Hacker?" they will probably ask in discord, followed by "Yeah, I just died as well" by their friends.

You?

Edited by Buakaw
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, BJayLee said:

Having ballistics as they are with air friction, damage drop off and so on is all perfectly fine ...

I said that any automatic weapon(meaning ka's and m4) should not 1 shot unless its a headshot to someone without wearing ballistic protection becuase its an automatic not a sniper.

Thank you for proving the point that you do not understand balistics at all and are indeed contradicting yourself, so please stop giving feedback on in.

In simple terms, at 10 meters pistol round to the chest is enough to kill you at 100 meters, a rifle round to the chest will kill you. At 400 meters is where you need the sniper round.

That is hardly one shot by everything, unless all your firefights are in a room. Good day 🙂

3 hours ago, Zioller said:

Gonna post my suggestion here to not make a new topic.

Since now You will be able to lock vehicle parts to the vehicle I think You should also make them locked by default to the car wrecks meaning you need a Tire Iron to take the wheels off and a Wrench to take body parts off.

Good suggestion, thumbs up. Also, I would like to see car batteries, spark plugs and radiators spawn in car wrecks too just like wheels and doors, and needing a wrench to "harvest" them.

There is a mod called "JunkYardDog" that makes it possible to scavenge any car wreck for random engine parts using a wrench, plus siphoning fuel from wrecks and active cars using bottles or pots. These are nice features that make a lot more sense than running around checking sheds and garages for these parts, and if you combine the mod with disabling gas stations and petrol is suddenly a valuable asset on the server. This should really be a vanilla thing - perhaps you could even use a generator to power fuel pumps to get petrol from them, it would definitely take a lot more effort irl than kneeling next to a pump with a pot in your hand...

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Buakaw said:

I'm joking. It does happen more often than it should on 100/100 servers tho.

Usually I run across the open field, mosin iron sights in hand, wiggling left and right while zigg zagging, ready to quickscope any pesky tree campers and noobs I come across, which I can spot from 800m with ease thanks to my ultra low settings rendering bushes as 2d sprites or not at all.

When I spot them it takes about 1.8 seconds from me zooming in, flicking onto them and pulling the trigger to my 762x54 penetrating their dome, leaving them wondering what the fuck just happened. "Hacker?" they will probably ask in discord, followed by "Yeah, I just died as well" by their friends.

You?

More often than not I do the same, no reason to set super low settings as they automatically kick in when lookin past 300 meters through a scope.

When it comes to a firefight though, situations where you meet someone at a castle, door to door, close range in a forest etc. it's over very quickly. Usually the one who either reacts first or has the element of surprise wins. Regardless of the bullet size. Maybe 1% of my encounters is what you can see on Youtube where people chase each other through a town or run around in circles. It's certainly fun but at the same time it's people missing their shots, which is why it gets to the part where you get to run around for a bit. 

On 4/4/2021 at 11:59 AM, BJayLee said:

Its called balancing, if you think that sacrificing good gameplay for 100% realism is the way to go then you know nothing about game development and how to make a good game. Also, if you really thought about it, you would realise how this will create more cool moments. Such as getting hit by a landmine someone placed hours ago, instead of dying instantly for no reason, you now get crippled and have to think fast before zombies/players are attracted to the explosion. Plus, the difference is a landmine can knock you uncon allowing someone to use the landmines uncon capability as a way of creating more interesting interactions.

Of course it's balancing, that's why you are going to die to 1 tap from BK-18 or similar, which can be found on the coast. But not on ultra rare land mine, LUL

3 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Thank you for proving the point that you do not understand balistics at all and are indeed contradicting yourself, so please stop giving feedback on in.

In simple terms, at 10 meters pistol round to the chest is enough to kill you at 100 meters, a rifle round to the chest will kill you. At 400 meters is where you need the sniper round.

That is hardly one shot by everything, unless all your firefights are in a room. Good day 🙂

As i  said im not repeating myself again because you cant understand basic reasoning or what good gameplay is.

I know weapons have effective ranges???? Nothing i have ever said even suggests otherwise, im saying it's effective range shouldn't mean every weapon one shot(in it's effective range) due to all the reasons i've said in previous comments that no one can counter, you all just choose to ignore them and cant give reasoning behind why your wanted version of combat is better for the game or more enjoyable.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Andrei Amarfii said:

Of course it's balancing, that's why you are going to die to 1 tap from BK-18 or similar, which can be found on the coast. But not on ultra rare land mine, LUL

Yh the landmine is balanced, not the weapons... did you just choose to ignore the reasons why in my comment??? Whereas you dont have any reasoning, you just say shit without thinking it through at all, whether that's by choice or you're just incable of it

Edited by Guest

https://youtu.be/qSI5VGpWBCc

Melee problems aside, so now it's most efective to carry a silenced pistol to deal with infected.

Don't know about the rest of you but all I can say is, thank you devs for arriving back to the beginning after two years of "balance passes" 🙄 Hopefully it won't take another two years to arrive back to the situation where we have tough zombies, good melee combat but shooting them silently is still more advantageous because it reduces a lot of risks.  

Edited by William Sternritter

2 hours ago, BJayLee said:

Yh the landmine is balanced, not the weapons... did you just choose to ignore the reasons why in my comment??? Whereas you dont have any reasoning, you just say shit without thinking it through at all, whether that's by choice or you're just incable of it

I don't agree with landmines, they are easy to spot as it is. The player that steps into it should die, somebody who is 3-4 meters away shouldn't.

but if they keep the change, then remove the clicking sound that plays when you place it.

Edited by DefectiveWater

3 hours ago, BJayLee said:

Common sense does not require reasoning.

Looks like if someone has a different opinion than yours it means it is shit 😄

Dude, this is a forum and everyone provides his feedback on the changes, it may or most likely will not be the same as yours(because of the common sense).

The feedback is for developers and not for the dreamers of great low chance interactions that will get buckshot in the face once they did not die immediately on landmine 😄 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FeaturesnotBugs said:

is it just me or is the infected pathing getting worse each patch?

It seems to happen when servers are overloaded, not surprising as every aspect of the game is worse when the servers are overloaded.
Stationary aggro, zeds not finding the entrance of the building and just running around when I want to shut them indoors, and stuff like that.

I hope by the end of 2021, the state of servers will be better (30 ping on medium pop, but 80+ ping on high pop...). Now I don't know if servers are badly optimized, or if it's just how things are, so I might be wrong and I'm sorry if I assumed wrong.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 2

ok i don't usually respond in the experimental update area (but do read through all the time) so here goes (be kind lol)

i like infected to be a bit harder but not tanks, and i love the idea of zeds being able to figure a way up to you (with time to figure it out), but pathfinding is pretty boring atm.   i run a server with 5500+ zeds on it successfully and players (pve ones) love it.  

i like the shock damage from bullets but it should be half what it is in exp.  it's shocking to be shot! 

rebalancing the melee is needed - not to the exp - but back a step.  if BI don't want as many one shot head kills with an axe, make is a heavy hit rather than every hit to the head.

and as far as weapons being balanced, i don't think they ever have been lol   but in all seriousness, not all weapons are equal.   an AK should make you hurt alot more than an m4

but anyways just my 2 cents worth

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrei Amarfii said:

Common sense does not require reasoning.

Looks like if someone has a different opinion than yours it means it is shit 😄

Dude, this is a forum and everyone provides his feedback on the changes, it may or most likely will not be the same as yours(because of the common sense).

The feedback is for developers and not for the dreamers of great low chance interactions that will get buckshot in the face once they did not die immediately on landmine 😄 

Typical, another person who refuses to give an explanation to why what they're saying is better, or more enjoyable for the game(keeping in mind i have given countless, logical in depth explanations, to why what im saying is better for the game and no one has been able to counter them). Starting to see a pattern here.

I dont care if someone has a different opinion, i welcome them. I try to take into account as many perspectives/aspects when thinking about something and getting other opinions just adds to that, but so far it's been nothing but unthought out opinions, which as someone stated earlier, illogical opinions have ruined games before. I simply get frustrated when i counter what someone says with actual reasoning and they just blatantly ignore it, it's like talking to a flat earther.

But you're right this is a forum for feedback to the devs, and ultimately they will decide what to do, i just hope they are not as illogical as some of the feedbackers. Considering the game is so underdeveloped after it was released 8 years ago, im worried to say the least. Whatever they decide to do, i hope it works out for them.

This is a great update, if the other 3 this year are as good as this itll be a good year for DayZ, well done BI !

9 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

I don't agree with landmines, they are easy to spot as it is. The player that steps into it should die, somebody who is 3-4 meters away shouldn't.

but if they keep the change, then remove the clicking sound that plays when you place it.

Well they can be easy to spot, but they can also be impossible to spot depending on where it is placed.

Removing the clicking sound is a good idea though. It would allow people to use landmines more tactically, instead of just placing it for some poor guy to die to, whilst you're on the other side of the map. Besides, as i said the 1.12 landmine severely injures you, breaks your leg, and knocks you out, whilst attracting attention from zombies, and all nearby players.

Putting you in a very unfavourable position that could end in your death anyway, but it gives you the chance to do something and survive, adding more player choice and allowing you to impact the outcome, or die in an intense situation. Instead of just dying instantly out of nowhere, from a landmine someone placed hours ago and then forgot about.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, BJayLee said:

Typical, another person who refuses to give an explanation to why what they're saying is better, or more enjoyable for the game(keeping in mind i have given countless, logical in depth explanations, to why what im saying is better for the game and no one has been able to counter them). Starting to see a pattern here.

I dont care if someone has a different opinion, i welcome them. I try to take into account as many perspectives/aspects when thinking about something and getting other opinions just adds to that, but so far it's been nothing but unthought out opinions, which as someone stated earlier, illogical opinions have ruined games before. I simply get frustrated when i counter what someone says with actual reasoning and they just blatantly ignore it, it's like talking to a flat earther.

But you're right this is a forum for feedback to the devs, and ultimately they will decide what to do, i just hope they are not as illogical as some of the feedbackers. Considering the game is so underdeveloped after it was released 8 years ago, im worried to say the least. Whatever they decide to do, i hope it works out for them.

Given that you every time mention thoughtfulness I really hoped you will think by yourself, but if that does not work

here is why

• Land mine is very rare item
  • Land mine has limited (only 2 hours or so) active time
  • Landmine is only a point (it is not triggered by a rope or so you can mine big entrances or similar)  - it's just a point (in more than 200 squared kilometers)
  • Person who plant it should be smart enough to predict the place where a victim would go
  • FInding a place that both camuflages it and has enough foot traffic is difficult, otherwise it never triggers or is compromised before triggering
  • Person who steps in should be stupid enough to not check/be careful about risky zones

For me that's a lot of conditions 

Therefore if someone found it, he managed to plant it and within the active time someone stepped in, yes, that should be a death.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

It seems to happen when servers are overloaded, not surprising as every aspect of the game is worse when the servers are overloaded.
Stationary aggro, zeds not finding the entrance of the building and just running around when I want to shut them indoors, and stuff like that.

I hope by the end of 2021, the state of servers will be better (30 ping on medium pop, but 80+ ping on high pop...). Now I don't know if servers are badly optimized, or if it's just how things are, so I might be wrong and I'm sorry if I assumed wrong.

There is a known issue since 1.10 with server performance, leading to instability. In general DayZ servers don't do well on multiple session servers. A high end dedicated server does much better (although they can break down too from a combination of too many mods, players, loot & bases). Until server performance is in a position that official servers can comfortably handle the load of 60 players online - without cars flying, door/ads delay and jittery zombies - BI should accept fact and lower the max amount of players on the servers. 40 seems to be fairly stable, around that is my guess where it should be. Either that or put all official servers on dedicated servers, and that is probably not possible without making DayZ subscription based, and I doubt anyone wants that.

2 hours ago, Andrei Amarfii said:

Given that you every time mention thoughtfulness I really hoped you will think by yourself, but if that does not work

here is why

• Land mine is very rare item
  • Land mine has limited (only 2 hours or so) active time
  • Landmine is only a point (it is not triggered by a rope or so you can mine big entrances or similar)  - it's just a point (in more than 200 squared kilometers)
  • Person who plant it should be smart enough to predict the place where a victim would go
  • FInding a place that both camuflages it and has enough foot traffic is difficult, otherwise it never triggers or is compromised before triggering
  • Person who steps in should be stupid enough to not check/be careful about risky zones

For me that's a lot of conditions 

Therefore if someone found it, he managed to plant it and within the active time someone stepped in, yes, that should be a death.

Nothing about what you said has anything to do with it been better or more enjoyable.

You're just stating how landmines work, along with a beginners guide on how to place a landmine.

Not a single thing you said explains why instantly dying is better gameplay.

Why is instant death better than the 1.12 version?? 

There is a reason you are dodging this. Plus, i have already explained why the 1.12 version is better, and you're just ignoring everything i've said. After all this debating, and you still haven't countered my original explanation.

At this point you are just dragging this out for the sake of it. Im bored, so unless you reply with something that is actually relevant, and counters my arguement, then im not wasting any more time trying to teach you basic logical reasoning.

Here is another brief explanation of why 1.12 landmines are better, in response to someone's comment of why they think landmines should instant kill.

I would give you an in depth, step by step explanation, but im not typing that much just so you can ignore it anyway.

9 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

The bold writing is something i just added in to help you understand better. Read the original comment first, ignoring the bold writing, then read it back with the bold writing.

4 hours ago, BJayLee said:

Well they can be easy to spot, but they can also be impossible to spot depending on where it is placed.

Removing the clicking sound is a good idea though. It would allow people to use landmines more tactically, instead of just placing it for some poor guy to die to, whilst you're on the other side of the map. Besides, as i said the 1.12 landmine severely injures you, breaks your leg, and knocks you out, whilst attracting attention from zombies, and all nearby players. Creating a situation involving countless variables, giving you countless different ways of playing the situation out(depending on the decisions you make), no matter the outcome(which can also vary).

Putting you in a very unfavourable position that could end in your death anyway, but it gives you the chance to do something and survive, adding more player choice and allowing you to impact the outcome, or die in an intense situation(which is still more enjoyable for all parties involved, as DayZ thrives on creating heart racing moments unlike any other game, it's what makes it's pvp unique and so enjoyable - this heart rate increase is due to adrenaline and i shouldn't need to explain to you why that's enjoyable). Instead of just dying instantly out of nowhere(which is just dull, boring and bad gameplay), from a landmine someone placed hours ago and then forgot about.

Edited by Guest