lynn.zaw

Stable Update 1.10

17 hours ago, Buakaw said:

just 8 months ago you used to be able to remove almost all grass outside of a 10m radius around you with super low settings, they already fixed grass so it has a pretty high render distance regardless of that. its good but no PC would handle a higher distance well.

Okay, I agree with the distance, but when you look through the scope, the grass should render as if you are near where you are looking instead of bald ground.

8 hours ago, clod999 said:

Okay, I agree with the distance, but when you look through the scope, the grass should render as if you are near where you are looking instead of bald ground.

or do what SCUM is doing... if the player is prone he goes invisible... this depends on the skill of the camo and your skill to detect people that are invisible... SCUM implemented this is so big brain i was like why DayZ doesn't have something like this... it's really smart and solves a lot of issues xD

1 hour ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

or do what SCUM is doing... if the player is prone he goes invisible... this depends on the skill of the camo and your skill to detect people that are invisible... SCUM implemented this is so big brain i was like why DayZ doesn't have something like this... it's really smart and solves a lot of issues xD

What do you mean "invisible"? Translucent? In ARMA 3 the units sink into the ground at long distance to kind of simulate hiding in grass.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

How about no.

On 1/15/2021 at 2:48 AM, -Gews- said:

What do you mean "invisible"? Translucent? In ARMA 3 the units sink into the ground at long distance to kind of simulate hiding in grass.

I just watched how it works on arma 3 and it's awesome and unique I want it in DayZ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFa8dj8Okbk&ab_channel=XangEldorado
Especially starting at 2:40 where the bot falls into the grass

Edited by clod999

On 1/15/2021 at 12:20 AM, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Honestly I would not like this one bit. It is one of the turn-offs that I got with Scum. That pvp is being affected by a character skill progression. I love character skill progression and I think DayZ should do much more with it, but not when it gives one player a significant advantage in pvp. I mean, I could live with a faster bandaging or so but not that player 1 sees an other player hiding while player 2 cannot see him due to lower skill.

Edited by amadieus

6 hours ago, amadieus said:

Honestly I would not like this one bit. It is one of the turn-offs that I got with Scum. That pvp is being affected by a character skill progression. I love character skill progression and I think DayZ should do much more with it, but not when it gives one player an significant advantage in pvp. I mean, I could live with a faster bandaging or so but not that player 1 sees an other player hiding while player 2 cannot see him due to lower skill. 

You're right. Indeed, the guy proposes to create even more lag in the server's calculation of the visibility of the players by skill. DayZ has a lot of problems without it. Frequent Mega lags and server desynchronization make the game unattractive as a PvP simulator. When there is a danger, in order to gain an advantage, the players run in a zigzag fashion, causing the problem of desynchronization of clients on the server - the player gets a strong lag in movement. Due to desynchronization issues, DayZ is even weak as a PvE game. I see no point in changing anything in the game if the server desynchronization problem is not solved.

Edited by lex__1

On 1/15/2021 at 1:48 AM, -Gews- said:

i mean at big distances the guy goes invisible... literally only hitbox... you can;t see him.. because it simulates the grass being there since it can't be rendered on your  end... he sees he's hidden by thicc grass and bushes meanwhile you see him completely fine... well him going invisible is better then being half into ground and half above ground and what ever the fock is going on in ArmA ... when you snipe people on the hill they are either hidden with imposter ground or floating above the ground that is rendered because their ground is higher then what you can see ... 

and to everyone saying things about this being a skill or something... you can have it as a mechanic for everyone or a skill but i bet if devs ever decide to do this it will be a skill because they already plan to add "soft skills" eventually... they are kinda in the game right now but eh... they are more of a placeholder then anything

8 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

i mean at big distances the guy goes invisible... literally only hitbox... you can;t see him.. because it simulates the grass being there since it can't be rendered on your  end... he sees he's hidden by thicc grass and bushes meanwhile you see him completely fine... well him going invisible is better then being half into ground and half above ground and what ever the fock is going on in ArmA ... when you snipe people on the hill they are either hidden with imposter ground or floating above the ground that is rendered because their ground is higher then what you can see ... 

and to everyone saying things about this being a skill or something... you can have it as a mechanic for everyone or a skill but i bet if devs ever decide to do this it will be a skill because they already plan to add "soft skills" eventually... they are kinda in the game right now but eh... they are more of a placeholder then anything

I seriously doubt they would ever allow soft skills to have any kind of direct impact in a combat scenario. So far it is limited to crafting actions, and secondary systems like that is probably where it will stay. Sumrak has used it cleverly for cold resistance in his Namalsk which works really well, it has a great individual impact to the player - you really don't want to die and get it reset - without affecting anyone else so no need for synchronisation. Another potential use could be stamina - increased strength over time to lose less stamina from carrying lots of gear etc.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Derleth said:

I seriously doubt they would ever allow soft skills to have any kind of direct impact in a combat scenario. So far it is limited to crafting actions, and secondary systems like that is probably where it will stay. Sumrak has used it cleverly for cold resistance in his Namalsk which works really well, it has a great individual impact to the player - you really don't want to die and get it reset - without affecting anyone else so no need for synchronisation. Another potential use could be stamina - increased strength over time to lose less stamina from carrying lots of gear etc.

I guess there could be effects like more efficient reload (with the same weapon) or less stamina used in melee over time. But that would probably be something only really veteran characters would benefit from. 

I really am not worried about minor stuff like soft skills as long as Dayz still has major problems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1