Brian Hamnett

The end of DayZ ?

Dear devs What the hell is Going on ? Dayz The Car killer Game?

DayZ the Game where since Patch 1.09 you can not find anything.

The Game where since Patch 1.09 you cannot fix Broken Cars ?

Get it sorted Please it was a Good game until the Latest Patch

Now it is a waste of my time and effort that I put into the Game

• Confused 1

Everyone complains about the current patch, no matter what it has, fixes or breaks. Relax, 1.10 will be along soon enough and it'll have Namalsk!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

if 1.10 has the bow then they are forgiven.  if not....

I seriously doubt that. If I want my "bow fix", I play SCUM. 🙂

19 hours ago, Uncle Zed said:

1.10 will be along soon enough and it'll have Namalsk!

How do you know?

When I read Sumrak last tweet, I thought it was about bad news.

(Im not native english speaking) 

So is he talking about Namalsk or is he just talking about a blog post, which is postponed?

1 hour ago, andro_dawton said:

How do you know?

1.10 release timing  from

https://dayz.com/article/game-update/DayZ-Update-1-09

stated release timing November (I estimate early November to ensure full stable release in December)

Sumrak is (in my opinion) talking about Namalsk,. and is maybe having to focus more on Dayz  ..  ..  at the moment

• Like 1

I don't normally toot the horn of DayZ on these forums... however....

DayZ in the current patch of 1.09 is in a better state then it ever was in any previous patch.

I'll take glitchy cars over running down a stair well and flying off it to your death.

We have almost, almost all the guns were previously lost including new ones. Currently the only weapons that are missing are:
Crossbow
Crafted Bow
Steyr Aug

Everything else that we previously didn't have in patches previous to this one have been restored. (No, we don't have the Longhorn, you got the Deaghorn now. Get used to it)

Base building is in the strongest position it's been outside of modding. Hands down. Persistence works great now and we have so much we can do with base building that it's exciting to do it now. PvP is in a very good position now considering the past days of ghost bullets, ghost magazines, entire weapons jamming for whatever the hell reason, etc. I mean, they fixed the current Makarov bug where it would ruin in less then a magazine in less then 48 hours. There are minor, MINOR issues in the game right now that are causing small problems with gameplay. Yes, cars are in a strange place for some people because they can bug out, however, most of that is due to YOUR ping when you connect to a server with terrible latency. Most of the complaints I see from people now are from people connecting to servers with 20+ mods and they're crashing everything all to hell. I run a 100% vanilla server. It has no mods, no weird stuff, only a slightly adjusted loot table and honestly my server works great. We DO have people jumping on the server with over 200 ping and it's expected when their cars go absolutely ape shit, but nobody else has this problem.

In conclusion, most of the problems people have with this game now are because they listen to streamers who actively piss on it and/or they play on servers that are modded all to hell. Yes, the hackers are a problem but you can't blame Bohemia for that because that's not their department, that's the department of Battle-eye.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

57 minutes ago, tandwan said:

Yes, the hackers are a problem but you can't blame Bohemia for that because that's not their department, that's the department of Battle-eye.

That’s garbage. Their game, their responsibility, their profits.  What ever happened to mother server tech and sanity checks?  This was a selling point from day zero.  You can ONLY blame cheaters and Bohemia.  There’s no one else to blame. Maybe they implemented the wrong system. *coughsubscriptioncough*

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, tandwan said:

DayZ in the current patch of 1.09 is in a better state then it ever was in any previous patch.

I'll take glitchy cars over running down a stair well and flying off it to your death.

We have almost, almost all the guns were previously lost including new ones. Currently the only weapons that are missing are:
Crossbow
Crafted Bow
Steyr Aug

Everything else that we previously didn't have in patches previous to this one have been restored. (No, we don't have the Longhorn, you got the Deaghorn now. Get used to it)

While I do agree that the game is in a really good state, the above statement is a bit false. Stuff still missing that was in legacy builds:

Guns:
Crossbow, crafted bow and Steyr as you say
Longhorn
Deringer
Trumpet
RAK
MP133 Pistol Grip
Red 9

Atlas bipod

Melee:
Spear
Pitchfork
Farming hoe
Chainsaw
Cattle prod
Stun baton
Police baton
Telescopic baton
Pipe wrench
Hockey stick
Paddle
Cleaver
Sickle
Fire extinguisher
Meat tenderizer
Ice axe
Hay Hook
Sword
Mace
Broom
Field shovel

Crafting:
Tripwire trap
Fish trap
Rabbit snare
Leather crafting
Dyeing
Spray paint (weapons and helmets)

Mechanics:
Broken limbs
Wound infection
Cardiac arrest
Heated food losing heat
Fresh food going rotten
Damaged canned food causing food poisoning
Poisonous mushrooms and berries

Vehicles:
V3S Truck
Transit bus

I've probably forgotten something, I listed the above from memory, but it is more than a handful of guns that is still in the backlog...

While the game does play well without these things and nearly all of them can be had already thanks to mods, they are sorely needed back because without them the vanilla game is simply too shallow. Only time I ever play vanilla these days is when there's an experimental build to be tested. Other than that I stick to survival servers modded to stay closer to legacy balance and features.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

7 hours ago, tandwan said:

In conclusion, most of the problems people have with this game now are because they listen to streamers who actively piss on it and/or they play on servers that are modded all to hell. Yes, the hackers are a problem but you can't blame Bohemia for that because that's not their department, that's the department of Battle-eye. 

This happens for an obvious reason.
1. Official servers have been hit by hackers and one recommendation in this regard is to look for a private server.
2. When players complain about server performance issues, it turns out that it mostly happens on private servers.
3. When players want to see more mechanics or content in the game, they are advised to look for a private server with mods. But mods often have problems after vanilla update and are slowly updated by authors.
  This situation is like a vicious circle. Any choice of servers forces the player to choose between problems. The player is forced to choose something that is either the best from the general unstable, unstable in terms of versatile problems.
  I do not know the reasons for the slow updating of mods by the authors, but I think that the point is in the relationship between the authors of the mods and the authors of the game - perhaps a low level of mutual support. The enthusiasm of mod authors is not endless, limitations in anything, game mechanics, or lack of documentation, tools. Overall slow development is the reason why there is a level of negativity growth from the player community.
A few words about the mechanics of the game and the absurdity of logic in the development of mechanics, or the narrow application of mechanics to existing content:
1. In a construction site it is possible to put a lock on the gate, but we do not have the ability to build doors in the house or hang a lock on existing doors in the house.
2. A weapon has a wide range of reasons for barrel instability, and the only way to stabilize the barrel is to hold your breath.
3. The character is in a prone position, does not have an advantage in aiming accurate shooting, the coaxiality of the sight and the optical sight is broken.
5. In the game, we can carry equipment with the contents of a loot, but we cannot, for example, take off a backpack and put it in the inventory of a car without removing the loot from the backpack.
6. Machines have a wider range of damage to machine components, but a narrow range of possible machine repair.
7. Solving any problematic issues can break the logic in other issues. They decided to raid bases through the exit from the car, but they broke the possibility of exit from the entrance to the car in other logical places.
Most of these issues are not resolved for a long time, or they come from one unacceptable (illogical) state to another unacceptable (illogical) state.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tandwan said:

Crossbow
Crafted Bow
Steyr Aug

Base building is in the strongest position it's been outside of modding. Hands down. Persistence works great now and we have so much we can do with base building that it's exciting to do it now. PvP is in a very good position now considering the past days of ghost bullets, ghost magazines, entire weapons jamming for whatever the hell reason, etc. I mean, they fixed the current Makarov bug where it would ruin in less then a magazine in less then 48 hours. There are minor, MINOR issues in the game right now that are causing small problems with gameplay. Yes, cars are in a strange place for some people because they can bug out, however, most of that is due to YOUR ping when you connect to a server with terrible latency. Most of the complaints I see from people now are from people connecting to servers with 20+ mods and they're crashing everything all to hell. I run a 100% vanilla server. It has no mods, no weird stuff, only a slightly adjusted loot table and honestly my server works great. We DO have people jumping on the server with over 200 ping and it's expected when their cars go absolutely ape shit, but nobody else has this problem.

you forgot Red 9 , Trumpet , pm 73 , LongHorn, , mp 133 with grip

Edited by Mosi2142

Hopefully we will be seeing the mp 133 with grip and pm 73 soon. I feel that police departments lack police specific weapons at the moment.

16 hours ago, Parazight said:

That’s garbage. Their game, their responsibility, their profits.  What ever happened to mother server tech and sanity checks?  This was a selling point from day zero.  You can ONLY blame cheaters and Bohemia.  There’s no one else to blame. Maybe they implemented the wrong system. *coughsubscriptioncough*

So let me see if I understand this correctly. You think a subscription system will stop hackers? You do realize one of the largest MMOs on the market  (World of Warcraft) has an issue with people running bots, speed hacking,  fly hacking and so forth despite them having a subscription system correct?

Also if you want to point and say, well that's not an FPS, then look at Planetside 2 which also despite being a sub game had hackers as well. Granted they also offer a free client but still. 

Edited by tandwan

8 minutes ago, tandwan said:

So let me see if I understand this correctly. You think a subscription system will stop hackers? You do realize one of the largest MMOs on the market  (World of Warcraft) has an issue with people running bots, speed hacking,  fly hacking and so forth despite them having a subscription system correct?

Blizzard does not have an issue with hacking and cheaters.  Comparing the cheater issue with WoW is the worst possible argument a person could make.   I also play WoW on several different PVE and PVP servers.  Retail and a Classic server.  They absolutely do not have those issues with modern wow.  There are some on classic servers, but that comes with the 15 year old code.  Even in your bogus, hypothetical assumption, the percentage would be incredibly small in comparison.  Blizzard also has active employees monitoring their servers.  This is why the biggest issue is class imbalance and obtaining top tier loot in raids versus M+.  Cheater discussion isn't even on the radar.  Go look for yourself on their forums and mmo-champion.  

A subscription system will mitigate the hacker issue without question.  Or, give some high profile DayZ players some insignificant perks to help monitor their servers.  Hell, implement ANY type of moderation and the cheater problem will not rise, you think?  There HAS to be a solution where more people are involved with fighting cheaters without adding to the Bohemia payroll.

Also if you want to point and say, well that's not an FPS, then look at Planetside 2 which also despite being a sub game had hackers as well. Granted they also offer a free client but still. 

Free client.  duh.  Planetside 2?  WTF is that?  They haven't had over 4000 people playing that game since 2015.  Pointless.  Hackers/Cheaters rise as popularity does.

1.09 is most certainly not "the end of DayZ" as the OP suggests.  It's also not 'because streamers actively piss on it', either.

9 hours ago, lex__1 said:

This happens for an obvious reason.
1. Official servers have been hit by hackers and one recommendation in this regard is to look for a private server.
2. When players complain about server performance issues, it turns out that it mostly happens on private servers.
3. When players want to see more mechanics or content in the game, they are advised to look for a private server with mods. But mods often have problems after vanilla update and are slowly updated by authors.
  This situation is like a vicious circle. Any choice of servers forces the player to choose between problems. The player is forced to choose something that is either the best from the general unstable, unstable in terms of versatile problems.
  I do not know the reasons for the slow updating of mods by the authors, but I think that the point is in the relationship between the authors of the mods and the authors of the game - perhaps a low level of mutual support. The enthusiasm of mod authors is not endless, limitations in anything, game mechanics, or lack of documentation, tools. Overall slow development is the reason why there is a level of negativity growth from the player community.
A few words about the mechanics of the game and the absurdity of logic in the development of mechanics, or the narrow application of mechanics to existing content:
1. In a construction site it is possible to put a lock on the gate, but we do not have the ability to build doors in the house or hang a lock on existing doors in the house.
2. A weapon has a wide range of reasons for barrel instability, and the only way to stabilize the barrel is to hold your breath.
3. The character is in a prone position, does not have an advantage in aiming accurate shooting, the coaxiality of the sight and the optical sight is broken.
5. In the game, we can carry equipment with the contents of a loot, but we cannot, for example, take off a backpack and put it in the inventory of a car without removing the loot from the backpack.
6. Machines have a wider range of damage to machine components, but a narrow range of possible machine repair.
7. Solving any problematic issues can break the logic in other issues. They decided to raid bases through the exit from the car, but they broke the possibility of exit from the entrance to the car in other logical places.
Most of these issues are not resolved for a long time, or they come from one unacceptable (illogical) state to another unacceptable (illogical) state.

Most of this sounds like complaining and opinion... but I will address your #5... The reason  you can't put items, like backpacks, into other containers like the trunk of a car with loot in it is to prevent the unlimited loot holding like there was originally. Originally you could put a full shirt, into a shirt with additional slots of left over for more items, into a shirt with other items, into a shirt.... etc.... It creates infinite loot holding. They prevented this from happening by keeping items that are holding other items from being able to be placed into items.

11 hours ago, Derleth said:

While I do agree that the game is in a really good state, the above statement is a bit false. Stuff still missing that was in legacy builds:

Guns:
Crossbow, crafted bow and Steyr as you say
Longhorn
Deringer
Trumpet
RAK
MP133 Pistol Grip
Red 9

Atlas bipod

With respect to the guns, does anyone actually miss any of them?

I mean some of them are beyond useless. I thinking of the RAK, Deringer and Trumpet. I used the RAK, years ago, and remember pumping nearly an entire clip into a player who just ran off. Needless to say, I never bothered with it again. The skorpion is pretty much the same.

It might be nice to have them knocking around. But, as they are, most people will just pass them by. In a game where I can get hold of an SKS fairly handy, I'm just not going to waste my time piddling around with something that fires .380 rounds and is only useful for annoying other players and giving away your position.

Personally, I would make the lethality of all of those weapons much, much, higher, so that they are worth picking up. Nobody should be running off with multiple .380 rounds fired into them.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

27 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Blizzard does not have an issue with hacking and cheaters.  Comparing the cheater issue with WoW is the worst possible argument a person could make.   I also play WoW on several different PVE and PVP servers.  Retail and a Classic server.  They absolutely do not have those issues with modern wow.  There are some on classic servers, but that comes with the 15 year old code.  Even in your bogus, hypothetical assumption, the percentage would be incredibly small in comparison.  Blizzard also has active employees monitoring their servers.  This is why the biggest issue is class imbalance and obtaining top tier loot in raids versus M+.  Cheater discussion isn't even on the radar.  Go look for yourself on their forums and mmo-champion.  

A subscription system will mitigate the hacker issue without question.  Or, give some high profile DayZ players some insignificant perks to help monitor their servers.  Hell, implement ANY type of moderation and the cheater problem will not rise, you think?  There HAS to be a solution where more people are involved with fighting cheaters without adding to the Bohemia payroll.

Free client.  duh.  Planetside 2?  WTF is that?  They haven't had over 4000 people playing that game since 2015.  Pointless.  Hackers/Cheaters rise as popularity does.

1.09 is most certainly not "the end of DayZ" as the OP suggests.  It's also not 'because streamers actively piss on it', either.

First thing that comes up. Also retail servers have had an issue with hacking/hitting for months now. If you think a subscription system will stop people from hacking then you haven't got a clue.

DayZ is a Free game outside paying initial costs. When they put your fix of a subscription base on it, then it really will be a ghost town. Only thing saving it now is free to play.

Have to admit. If I had to pay a sub to play DayZ, that would be the end of it for me.

30 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

Have to admit. If I had to pay a sub to play DayZ, that would be the end of it for me.

If I have to pay a sub for anything, that kills it for me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

With respect to the guns, does anyone actually miss any of them?

I mean some of them are beyond useless. I thinking of the RAK, Deringer and Trumpet. I used the RAK, years ago, and remember pumping nearly an entire clip into a player who just ran off. Needless to say, I never bothered with it again. The skorpion is pretty much the same.

It might be nice to have them knocking around. But, as they are, most people will just pass them by. In a game where I can get hold of an SKS fairly handy, I'm just not going to waste my time piddling around with something that fires .380 rounds and is only useful for annoying other players and giving away your position.

Personally, I would make the lethality of all of those weapons much, much, higher, so that they are worth picking up. Nobody should be running off with multiple .380 rounds fired into them.

The thing is, those weapons are anything but useless.Once they are back the more potent weapons can be reduced and moved further away from fresh spawn areas. Yeah if you can pick up an SKS or baby AK from the tents in Elektro or Berezino they are not worth picking up, but when you simply can’t find anything better for a long time they have their place. My first firearm in DayZ was a derringer and I even killed someone with it, I remember that vividly. To me the game is more fun when not everyone and his mother are packing major firepower.

And besides, the guns are a very minor part of the stuff still missing from legacy.

4 hours ago, discipled said:

Most of this sounds like complaining and opinion... but I will address your #5... The reason  you can't put items, like backpacks, into other containers like the trunk of a car with loot in it is to prevent the unlimited loot holding like there was originally. Originally you could put a full shirt, into a shirt with additional slots of left over for more items, into a shirt with other items, into a shirt.... etc.... It creates infinite loot holding. They prevented this from happening by keeping items that are holding other items from being able to be placed into items. 

That's funny. That is, the game had a lot of stupid mechanics with nesting dolls, which were replaced by other stupid mechanics. So that no one is engaged in nesting dolls. It was not possible to come up with another way of investments. Instead of putting the backpack in the car, the player must empty everything from the backpack, spend time on this action (playing Tetris) - now the car takes up twice as much space, the contents of the backpack + the backpack itself. In the game, the volume and investment do not have the correct pattern: an empty backpack cannot take up as much space as a full one. Empty trousers in a backpack cannot take up the volume as filled ones. The volumes of things should have dynamics and mutual dependence on the content.
 There is no need to replace the absurdity of the players' possible actions with another absurdity that everyone is now forced to do. There must be consistency in mechanics.
 You can't open the car door at the fence !!!! and get out of the car - I agree 100%. But this is absurd, bushes, reeds, a dead body on the ground at the wheel of a car - this is not a fence.

11 hours ago, tandwan said:

First thing that comes up. Also retail servers have had an issue with hacking/hitting for months now.

Okay, that video you linked is not a retail server.  Did you even watch it?  That's a classic server.  They're standing outside of the Zul'Gurub raid instance on a classic server.  Like I said before, that's the nature of classic.  You have bots and griefers exploiting 15 year old code.  Additionally, top tier play is absolutely not pvp outside of a raid instance.  This isn't raiding, battle grounds, arenas, instanced PVE, or even anything of relevance.  I'd ask you to link a video of hackers from modern WoW content but you wont find any because it's subscription based and actively policed by paid staff.  Blizzard/Activision is incredibly successful and built on subscriptions.

It's also entertaining that you point out that squeaky-wheel streamers are the ones complaining about DayZ, and that's why it's bad, then go on to use the same type of people to try and make a point.

If you think a subscription system will stop people from hacking then you haven't got a clue

Orly?  Care to provide any evidence?  So, generating income from a subscription and using that money to fight cheaters won't do anything?  I'd bet lots of players that quit because of the hacking situation would come back to play.  At least as many that have vowed to quit if there is a subscription.

When they put your fix of a subscription base on it, then it really will be a ghost town. Only thing saving it now is free to play.

More conjecture.

5 hours ago, Parazight said:

Okay, that video you linked is not a retail server.  Did you even watch it?  That's a classic server.  They're standing outside of the Zul'Gurub raid instance on a classic server.  Like I said before, that's the nature of classic.  You have bots and griefers exploiting 15 year old code.  Additionally, top tier play is absolutely not pvp outside of a raid instance.  This isn't raiding, battle grounds, arenas, instanced PVE, or even anything of relevance.  I'd ask you to link a video of hackers from modern WoW content but you wont find any because it's subscription based and actively policed by paid staff.  Blizzard/Activision is incredibly successful and built on subscriptions.

It's also entertaining that you point out that squeaky-wheel streamers are the ones complaining about DayZ, and that's why it's bad, then go on to use the same type of people to try and make a point.

Orly?  Care to provide any evidence?  So, generating income from a subscription and using that money to fight cheaters won't do anything?  I'd bet lots of players that quit because of the hacking situation would come back to play.  At least as many that have vowed to quit if there is a subscription.

More conjecture.

I did a quick calculation of how much money I've given to Blizzard since I started playing WoW and it is something around 1800€ which is an absurd amount of money for a game. But do I regret this? No way. I've had thousands of hours of fun, good value for my money. Now since I picked up DayZ I've already managed to plow over 3,000 hours into the game, I host two servers and have started meddling with basic modding. And for that I originally paid 25€ and then another 15€ for Livonia. Even at full price DayZ is cheap for what it offers. I'd play with subscription.

On 9/26/2020 at 3:07 AM, Parazight said:

More conjecture.

Show me the proof that a subscription system will stop hackers. Show me any proof that hacking will slow down even remotely with a subscription system. Facts, not your opinion but facts and links to where it's solved the problem in other games.

As you have insinuated before, opinions mean absolutely nothing. So show me definitive proof that a subscription system in a previous zombie survival FPS has solved their hacking problems and brought about the changes you proposed. In order for you make these accusations you must have absolute and unreputable proof that a previous survival genre game fixed the issue,  so pony up. 

Take your time, I'll wait.

One of the biggest issues if we had a subscription system for the game is how do you justify private servers? Public servers run by Bohemia would work fine however you're talking about a development team already down to a skeleton crew forking over more wages for CSM reps to look over every single hacking or cheating accusation thrown their way. The reason larger companies can deal with this Steam VAC, Blizzard, Daybreak and Activision (which I guess Blizzard falls under) is because they have the wages and funding to support those positions.

Now throw into the mix Private run servers and you have an even bigger issue. Who polices private servers? The server admins like they do already? But with a sub system where does that money go? Shouldn't server owners get paid because they're doing the companies job or do they get wrote off as simply a risk of running a private server? Subscription sounds wonderful and as if it will solve anything but in fact it's just not feasible with an 8-10 man dev team and small staff overall.

Edited by tandwan
Tagging on.

So show me definitive proof that a subscription system in a previous zombie survival FPS has solved their hacking problems and brought about the changes you proposed. In order for you make these accusations you must have absolute and unreputable proof that a previous survival genre game fixed the issue,  so pony up.

That's absurd.  Everyone knows that there aren't a bunch of zombie FPS MMOs flooding the market.  I'm not going to give you examples of other zombie MMOs.  The question is dealing with cheaters and exploiters within MMOs, in general.  Cheaters don't exclusively target zombie apocalypse MMOs.  Cheaters target where they can in order to grief people, not 'lets go target zombie MMOs'.

One of the issues here is stopping hackers, cheaters, exploiters.  NOT whether a subscription system is the solution or not.  Remember, YOU'RE the one taking blame off of Bohemia and putting it on Battle-Eye.  That's what this debate is about.  It's not about whether subscription systems work or not. My contention is that you're not holding Bohemia responsible, which they clearly should be.  You think the money all goes to Battle-Eye when you purchase a copy of DayZ?

But, since you're so interested in subscription services, lets take a look at them.  These services provide funding, in order to pay staff and make profits for a game development company.  What's so bad with that?  We haven't even discussed the amount of the subscription fee.  This is the 21st century.  NOT having a subscription service is akin to arguing that you shouldn't have to get a headset+mic in order to not have a disadvantage in DayZ.  And no one ever said that every server needs to be subscription based.  I don't know why you would think this.

Show me the proof that a subscription system will stop hackers.

Like I said before, modern WoW, Swtor, Final Fantasy, UO (until the code got old), Runescapes, Eve Online, Dragonquest, GTA Online, Everquest, and many others have profited from subscription funds and used that money to regulate their servers, which would otherwise have more cheaters/griefers.  

Every server doesn't have to have a subscription fee.  I would pay up to X amount of dollars in order to play on official servers without having to deal with cheaters ruining my experience.  Subscription based MMOs work.  The model has been working for decades now.

• Beans 1