ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.09

2 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

I was think there were fewer myself.

No change in the files vs 1.08 or any other patch since 1.0 I'd say. The amount that spawn at any location is pretty random which can account for different experiences, but maximum numbers are kept weirdly low in the default files. There's definitely room to let three times as many spawn without melting servers down.

2 hours ago, aluc24 said:

It would appear so, but I am seeing this issue both in official and community servers. It seems that 1.09 tweaked some global variables. As for stone knife, good luck finding stones. I walked trails for nearly half the island, and found only 1 stone... And you need 2 to make a knife.

Stones have always been tough to find for me. I've been playing solid for 3 and a half months and found about 3 or 4 stones in that time.

Any new spawn would be much better off spending time just trying to find a knife.

1 minute ago, Tonyeh said:

Stones have always been tough to find for me. I've been playing solid for 3 and a half months and found about 3 or 4 stones in that time.

Any new spawn would be much better off spending time just trying to find a knife.

The fruit and stone spawn events are triggered by player proximity with a delay, hence it is actually better to stay still close to a location where they spawn and do sweeps to check every few minutes. Running along a path or rail track will likely yield absolutely nothing unless someone else has triggered a stone to spawn before you come along. All random of course, sometimes you get lucky anyway.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Derleth said:

No change in the files vs 1.08 or any other patch since 1.0 I'd say. The amount that spawn at any location is pretty random which can account for different experiences, but maximum numbers are kept weirdly low in the default files. There's definitely room to let three times as many spawn without melting servers down.

What's the hold up then? I think this game would benefit from more hordes.

One of the best experiences I ever had in the game was when I was surrounded by a load of zombies and I was on top of a shed. They must have been in double figures and I had 4 bullets in a handgun. There were too many to melee. To my amazement, along came a couple of lads who cleared them out for me in return for a can of tactical bacon. 😊

Edited by Tonyeh

Just now, Derleth said:

The fruit and stone spawn events are triggered by player proximity with a delay, hence it is actually better to stay still close to a location where they spawn and do sweeps to check every few minutes. Running along a path or rail track will likely yield absolutely nothing unless someone else has triggered a stone to spawn before you come along. All random of course, sometimes you get lucky anyway.

Ah right. That explains that then. So, If I hang around train tracks, there's a better chance of them spawning?

• Like 1

The combo locks desync you and after relog the lock is pretty much unusable and it is attached but not actually locked you can open and close gate no problem but can not get it locked back up.

Are there any links with regards to the flag pole to explain a little more?

If you don't build one, does that mean the walls will deteriorate? as well as the loot and cars?

Some suggestions for future updates.

- Would be nice to fill up water bottle with rain

- Climb a tree if a bear is near. it can kill you even if you are driving a car with doors :-(

- Cant dismantle barb wire on outside. Should only be done from inside

- Should be able to park a car under a watch tower without it glitching to the second floor. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ctrl_Phreak said:

Are there any links with regards to the flag pole to explain a little more?

y8Z6BXf.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ctrl_Phreak said:

- Cant dismantle barb wire on outside. Should only be done from inside

Wait ... it was changed back in the 1.07 that you could only mount/dismount the barb wire from the inside.

Did they break it again?

Edited by 'AZAZEL'

2 hours ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

Wait ... it was changed back in the 1.07 that you could only mount/dismount the barb wire from the inside.

Did they break it again?

yup, makes it so easy to boost over a wall sadly

3 hours ago, aux7 said:

y8Z6BXf.png

So it only affects the respawning of items.. so if objects are in a tent they wont despawn? and fences wont break if you dont have one? basically want i really want to know is, does one even need to build one? 

1 hour ago, Ctrl_Phreak said:

So it only affects the respawning of items.. so if objects are in a tent they wont despawn? and fences wont break if you dont have one? basically want i really want to know is, does one even need to build one? 

If you build a big base you will want one since it resets the lifetime of all items in its vicinity. That means you won't have to walk around your base "tickling" every fence, tower, barrel, tent and so on every other week. Instead all you have to do is keep an eye on the flag and raise it back to the top when it is getting low. Once the flag is at the bottom the regular lifetime of containers within its radius starts to count down again. By default that is still the 45 days, so with a flag pole your base could remain untouched for almost three months without despawning.

Edited by Derleth

7 minutes ago, Derleth said:

If you build a big base you will want one since it resets the lifetime of all items in its vicinity. That means you won't have to walk around your base "tickling" every fence, tower, barrel, tent and so on every other week. Instead all you have to do is keep an eye on the flag and raise it back to the top when it is getting low. Once the flag is at the bottom the regular lifetime of containers within its radius starts to count down again. By default that is still the 45 days, so with a flag pole your base could remain untouched for almost three months without despawning.

thank you, this is very useful. so technically if you are regularly at your bases you wont need one. i try to keep mine hidden, but this flag is such an eyesore / attraction. 

18 hours ago, Derleth said:

In the default server files there is no difference in the amount of fruit or small stones that spawn compared to 1.08 values. When I played 1.09 Expy as newspawn I was swimming in small stones - I could fill my pockets with them - so there might just be something up with the event spawn calculator, sounds like it is freezing up on some servers.

But small stones should have remained a search action, I don't understand the reasoning behind burdening the server with spawning them as loot around the map since the only ones who EVER pick them up are newspawns looking for a knife. What point is there in having a hundred (default) stones lying around the entire map when they are actually useful only to a few starving newspawns on the coast...? 

Apples and mushrooms are sensible as loot, but the small stones...no. That should be reverted in my opinion.

This is a great idea. When i came back to DayZ months ago after years I was confused on why the search function was changed... The added dropped items have to add burden to the server. BUT fruit and stones don't spawn in if you're not close to them. The search function worked great, but maybe it was changed for new players who didn't know they could search... well I guess they did get a search option when pointing to object.... That search function should be brought back.

Basically yeah. I like it becaue I'm sick of the tedium of walking around the fence pulling a damn camo net back and forth just to reset the lifetime. A fair tradeoff for the more hidden base I guess.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

What's the hold up then? I think this game would benefit from more hordes.

One of the best experiences I ever had in the game was when I was surrounded by a load of zombies and I was on top of a shed. They must have been in double figures and I had 4 bullets in a handgun. There were too many to melee. To my amazement, along came a couple of lads who cleared them out for me in return for a can of tactical bacon. 😊

Agreed. Some of my funnest experiences is just north of the Dubrovka's ... ran and was shooting from wolves to get into a house, but the shooting alerted the zombies who then I had to shut myself in a house and kill like a dozen zombies and 5 wolves... it was crazy scary and a blast!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Basically yeah. I like it becaue I'm sick of the tedium of walking around the fence pulling a damn camo net back and forth just to reset the lifetime. A fair tradeoff for the more hidden base I guess.

My only Issue with the flags is they're base area is huge and hard to fit into a base if you're struggling on space.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, discipled said:

Agreed. Some of my funnest experiences is just north of the Dubrovka's ... ran and was shooting from wolves to get into a house, but the shooting alerted the zombies who then I had to shut myself in a house and kill like a dozen zombies and 5 wolves... it was crazy scary and a blast!

That's how it's supposed to be! And also why I have max players at 12  but five times the default amount of zeds on my server... I suspect default numbers are low because of the pretty modest minimum system requirements for a server. So, by default a server can spawn no more than 1,000 zombies at any time and I'd assume official servers use the defaults.

This is the way I want it:

CECFC6B1EFD0723A2B41E90C6670315931F851C8

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Derleth said:

That's how it's supposed to be! And also why I have max players at 12  but five times the default amount of zeds on my server... I suspect default numbers are low because of the pretty modest minimum system requirements for a server. So, by default a server can spawn no more than 1,000 zombies at any time and I'd assume official server use the defaults.

This is the way I want it:

CECFC6B1EFD0723A2B41E90C6670315931F851C8

That's how I wanted it years ago and Dean Hall wanted like 10k zombies on map I believe... It would give sneaking about even more value. I still sneak to avoid 5 zombies... but it it were THAT many zombies it would be impossible to survive probably. But double or 1.5 times more zombies would be very welcomed. There would be less KOS and more team ups to survive.  Since they did add wolves and bears in the wild I don't see why they can't add roaming groups of randoms zombies in the woods... HELL, black forest USED to spawn zombies. It was great.

Edited by discipled

3 minutes ago, discipled said:

That's how I wanted it years ago and Dean Hall wanted like 10k zombies on map I believe... It would give sneaking about even more value. I still sneak to avoid 5 zombies... but it it were THAT many zombies it would be impossible to survive probably. But double or 1.5 times more zombies would be very welcomed. There would be less KOS and more team ups to survive.  Since they did add wolves and bears in the wild I don't see why they can't add roaming groups of randoms zombies in the woods... HELL, black forest USED to spawn zombies. It was great.

That screenshot is from when I had aggroed half of Severograd and ran out of petrol. I actually did survive - by changing seat and running from the passenger side and locking myself in a house before they caught up with me. And yeah stealth is paramount with that amount of zeds, if you stay low and only move when they're turned away you can loot even a densely infested town, but if you are spotted it can go downhill extremely fast. Random shooting in any town will most likely get you killed or bogged down until they get bored and wander off...

• Like 1

Please dont make this game to easy with character glow in the dark and shit like that, at least make hardcore servers real hardcore those cry babys dont play on 1sp anyway

2 hours ago, Derleth said:

That's how it's supposed to be! And also why I have max players at 12  but five times the default amount of zeds on my server... I suspect default numbers are low because of the pretty modest minimum system requirements for a server. So, by default a server can spawn no more than 1,000 zombies at any time and I'd assume official servers use the defaults.

The issue with this is that the infected are very repetitive in their movements and actions and having this many of them and only 12 players to interact with I think would get boring pretty quickly.  As you described in your other post, you escaped and hid in a house until they scattered.  If you had this amount of infected, you'd have to do that every time because otherwise, they'd surround you, start with their unblock-able double-hits and kill you in no time.

I'd rather have more players on the map personally.

2 hours ago, drgullen said:

The issue with this is that the infected are very repetitive in their movements and actions and having this many of them and only 12 players to interact with I think would get boring pretty quickly.  As you described in your other post, you escaped and hid in a house until they scattered.  If you had this amount of infected, you'd have to do that every time because otherwise, they'd surround you, start with their unblock-able double-hits and kill you in no time.

I'd rather have more players on the map personally.

That's not my experience though, I've had it like this for more than a year and what happens is that in heavily infested areas stealth and careful planning becomes very important, rushing in and aggroing the horde either gets you killed or besieged. It keeps you sharp, plus I'm using a few mods to make the zeds themselves more interesting. (Getting on top of a car won't save you for example, plus when there is A LOT of zombies weird things start happening with their pathing, they can push each other up and through windows. You are not 100% safe in buildings.)

But I definitely admit a player cap at 12 is not for players who crave constant player interactions. Personally I like having the potential risk of running into unknowns, but knowing that behind nearly every bush I'll bump into some psycho who wants to kill me got old very quick. To me a low player count on a server actually makes the suspense stronger, because the times you do meet someone it becomes so much more intense.

• Like 1

I would like a smaller flag pole with less radius that will go inside a building.  I don't mind rasing a flag a dit more often.  Its better than interacting with the tents and it shows you how long you have left.  At the moment with at its current hight, I feel like its a big neon sign saying here is my base come and rob me.

15 hours ago, discipled said:

This is a great idea. When i came back to DayZ months ago after years I was confused on why the search function was changed... The added dropped items have to add burden to the server. BUT fruit and stones don't spawn in if you're not close to them. The search function worked great, but maybe it was changed for new players who didn't know they could search... well I guess they did get a search option when pointing to object.... That search function should be brought back.

The only problem I found with the Search function back in 0.63 times was that, with the correct button combination and movement, you could spam a ton of apples/stones under you in a few seconds, which was obviously a bug. Why this exploit wasn't properly patched was anyone's guess.

Edited by Masgel