ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.09

8 minutes ago, Ahrangey said:

is anyone going to brush over the fact duct ape cant repair guns or has it been a problem??? because duct tape cant repair guns and im freaking out!

It's intentional, use weapon cleaning kits. Good change, weapon cleaning kits were basically trash loot before.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 3

Duct tape fixing guns was a bit silly.

Patching a bag or clothes is fine. Fixing your glock ain't going to happen.

In any case you can get the Gun Cleaner kit to do it. So it's not big deal.

Also i have been playing for close to 40 hours and have not found one gun cleaning kit and i have roamed nearly and i mean literally half the map only place i have not roamed is the upper top east, the bottom west and west parts of chenarus nothing. also please revert duct tape changes.

Edited by Ahrangey
did not name area i was explaining in upadate

Weapon cleaning kits you may find in hunting stands, summer camps, police stations and wherever military loot spawns.

7 minutes ago, Derleth said:

It's intentional, use weapon cleaning kits. Good change, weapon cleaning kits were basically trash loot before.

i mean i dont always find duct tape having another item in the loot table to repair my guns i reckon is good.

I ask again: When will a real anticheat be released? Here is a current scene of a French streamer that I watch and who also plays him on a server where I also played, on a private server (WFR RU eu vanilla). 70% of cheaters on it and nothing is done. Karmakrew and Runningmanz equally infested with cheaters too. Really do something !!!
https://clips.twitch.tv/CrowdedNiceToadPicoMause

Edited by lvw06

What exactly are the lifetime values for items like bags now?

I left one out to test it and it hadn't despawned after 24 hours, but It would be good to know how long exactly they'll remain. Strikes me as a fantastic temporary storage solution while getting a base together, but if I can't log for a couple days and haven't built a flag pole, It would be good to know you're not going to lose your stash.

6 hours ago, BrotherPlum said:

What exactly are the lifetime values for items like bags now?

I left one out to test it and it hadn't despawned after 24 hours, but It would be good to know how long exactly they'll remain. Strikes me as a fantastic temporary storage solution while getting a base together, but if I can't log for a couple days and haven't built a flag pole, It would be good to know you're not going to lose your stash.

OrPXrio.png

but I wouldnt leave stuff lying around on the ground. If someone comes by, they will take it . ..

If you put up a flag near these, it potentially last as long as you are prepared to maintain the flag. But its a lot of effort to build the flag, and tools

My favourite is the sea chest, because you can carry it with stuff in .. . albeit not very fast

Hi. I think the loot spawn rates are seriously broken in 1.09. There is literally nothing spawning anywhere anymore. Not just on coastline, but even very, very far inland, as far as Vybor Airport. All houses are empty. Even houses that haven't been looted by other players. Infected also seem to have severely reduced amount loot on them. No food anywhere. No clothes. I played for 10 hours and couldn't find any weapon of any kind - not even a knife or a can opener. Died of hunger 6 times in a row, when in versions 1.08 and below I never used to die of hunger. I tried multiple servers, including empty servers or those with very few players - and it's the same. The loot spawning has been nerfed to a point where it's unplayable. And it's not just me - when I managed to get to Vybor Airport, I saw other players running almost naked, with no gear whatsoever, barely any food on any of them. Talked to them, they reported the same thing. I tried 6 different servers, and it's the same everywhere. I've been playing DayZ for 3 years, so trust me that I usually know how to survive, but now it is impossible. Something is seriously broken.

4 hours ago, aluc24 said:

Hi. I think the loot spawn rates are seriously broken in 1.09. There is literally nothing spawning anywhere anymore. Not just on coastline, but even very, very far inland, as far as Vybor Airport. All houses are empty. Even houses that haven't been looted by other players. Infected also seem to have severely reduced amount loot on them. No food anywhere. No clothes. I played for 10 hours and couldn't find any weapon of any kind - not even a knife or a can opener. Died of hunger 6 times in a row, when in versions 1.08 and below I never used to die of hunger. I tried multiple servers, including empty servers or those with very few players - and it's the same. The loot spawning has been nerfed to a point where it's unplayable. And it's not just me - when I managed to get to Vybor Airport, I saw other players running almost naked, with no gear whatsoever, barely any food on any of them. Talked to them, they reported the same thing. I tried 6 different servers, and it's the same everywhere. I've been playing DayZ for 3 years, so trust me that I usually know how to survive, but now it is impossible. Something is seriously broken.

I think they'll have to do some balancing, but I rather enjoy the tougher time.

On a side note... anyone else having part of their base and walls disappear after update? My base lost a crap ton of walls after the update and since I could fix quickly my base got easily raided... that's frustrating.

7 hours ago, aux7 said:

OrPXrio.png

but I wouldnt leave stuff lying around on the ground. If someone comes by, they will take it . ..

If you put up a flag near these, it potentially last as long as you are prepared to maintain the flag. But its a lot of effort to build the flag, and tools

My favourite is the sea chest, because you can carry it with stuff in .. . albeit not very fast

Where did you get these numbers? I just want to know how accurate and if they're up to date.

16 minutes ago, discipled said:

Where did you get these numbers? I just want to know how accurate and if they're up to date.

types file from 1.09 server files

the weapons are on my twitter . .

6 minutes ago, discipled said:

Anyone else notice that there are more zombies? Is this true?

there are more infected in some areas and less in others . ..

Edited by aux7

51 minutes ago, discipled said:

I think they'll have to do some balancing, but I rather enjoy the tougher time.

Tougher time is good, but spending 99% of game time going through empty houses and then dying of hunger is not fun. I think that essential survival items - basic food, knive, matches - should be much more common. Highier tier items could remain rare. That would keep a good balance without frustrating the players so much.

1 hour ago, aluc24 said:

Tougher time is good, but spending 99% of game time going through empty houses and then dying of hunger is not fun. I think that essential survival items - basic food, knive, matches - should be much more common. Highier tier items could remain rare. That would keep a good balance without frustrating the players so much.

I think the problem here is that they didn't wipe the servers... I know, for instance, on the server I play on I have a couple bases around the map I usually travel between and at them, and on myself, there are in excess of like 5+ knives. Because they didn't wipe the servers knives are going to be hard to find for that very reason. Should they increase the number available? Idk, maybe. I'm dreading how hard it's going to be to find nails now to build and repair my base.

1 hour ago, discipled said:

I think the problem here is that they didn't wipe the servers... I know, for instance, on the server I play on I have a couple bases around the map I usually travel between and at them, and on myself, there are in excess of like 5+ knives. Because they didn't wipe the servers knives are going to be hard to find for that very reason. Should they increase the number available? Idk, maybe. I'm dreading how hard it's going to be to find nails now to build and repair my base.

knives arent counted on player, hoarded or cargo, only on map

I2QnZKO.png

nails are far more common than they ever used to be . ..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aux7 said:

knives arent counted on player, hoarded or cargo, only on map

I2QnZKO.png

nails are far more common than they ever used to be . ..

I don't know exactly how it works, man, but I'm telling you, spawn rates are incredibly low right now. A lot of players I met confirmed this. It is definitely not a coincidence or some streak of bad luck. Something is clearly broken.

3 hours ago, aluc24 said:

so official server have tweaked?
what about craft stoneknife,cut clothes to rags and and make rope.find chicken and craft bonehooks and go fishing?

2 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

so official server have tweaked?
what about craft stoneknife,cut clothes to rags and and make rope.find chicken and craft bonehooks and go fishing?

It would appear so, but I am seeing this issue both in official and community servers. It seems that 1.09 tweaked some global variables. As for stone knife, good luck finding stones. I walked trails for nearly half the island, and found only 1 stone... And you need 2 to make a knife.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aluc24 said:

It would appear so, but I am seeing this issue both in official and community servers. It seems that 1.09 tweaked some global variables. As for stone knife, good luck finding stones. I walked trails for nearly half the island, and found only 1 stone... And you need 2 to make a knife.

Agreed.  Ambient spawn mushrooms, fruit, and stones are much lower.  Could use more cutting tools near the new spawn areas, IMO.  And more on infected corpses.

24 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Agreed.  Ambient spawn mushrooms, fruit, and stones are much lower.  Could use more cutting tools near the new spawn areas, IMO.  And more on infected corpses.

In the default server files there is no difference in the amount of fruit or small stones that spawn compared to 1.08 values. When I played 1.09 Expy as newspawn I was swimming in small stones - I could fill my pockets with them - so there might just be something up with the event spawn calculator, sounds like it is freezing up on some servers.

But small stones should have remained a search action, I don't understand the reasoning behind burdening the server with spawning them as loot around the map since the only ones who EVER pick them up are newspawns looking for a knife. What point is there in having a hundred (default) stones lying around the entire map when they are actually useful only to a few starving newspawns on the coast...? 

Apples and mushrooms are sensible as loot, but the small stones...no. That should be reverted in my opinion.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 2
  • Beans 1

6 hours ago, discipled said:

Anyone else notice that there are more zombies? Is this true?

I was think there were fewer myself.