ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.09

Wondering if anyone else is noticing server crashes happening more often since this patch?  Server Dayz US - NY 6053 31.214.136:2502 seems to be having some issues staying up. Wasn't sure if it was patch related.

I haven't really ever used the Iron sights on an ATOG scope before, M4 is easier to use with it's own irons or RVN/Combat Sights, but while trying it out today I noticed that the ATOGs top mounted irons zero at 200m and 600m and that's it.

It just seems odd. If it's supposed to be like that, then OK, but it seems like it should zero between 50 and 100.

On 9/19/2020 at 10:20 PM, amadieus said:

I do not see any aiming lag. He presses and the gun raises.

Are you blind?or  You can find a 300 Ping server and aim a gun, and you'll see that aiming will Lag and you can't shoot right away,You can't shoot without opening the sight or shooting straight from the waist

• Like 1

Tents (car tent at least) still have the problem of people having the ability to see whatever containers you have in there through the tent via vicinity as long as the containers are close to the tent's sides ... and being able to take stuff out from them (from crates and chests for example).

Edited by 'AZAZEL'

6 hours ago, zBS-788d5ef71cd43a71 said:

Are you blind?or  You can find a 300 Ping server and aim a gun, and you'll see that aiming will Lag and you can't shoot right away,You can't shoot without opening the sight or shooting straight from the waist

Well don’t use a 300ping server, expected when you’re on servers that’s going to be laggy for you.

Try a lower ping if you can, should help unless that’s not possible given the location.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 6:52 PM, lvw06 said:

September 19, 2020: in practice still nothing concrete. Beautiful words have had their day, now it's time for action!

On 9/19/2020 at 10:30 AM, lJamesHalel1 said:

Facts don’t mean anything, basically just lies that are truths.

Then stop playing the game and complaining like children. Complaining more doesn't solve anything but creates a more toxic atmosphere. I've been playing DayZ for a long time and greatly enjoy it and i'm excited about the direction and the increased player base, as well as many coming back to play.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, discipled said:

Then stop playing the game and complaining like children. Complaining more doesn't solve anything but creates a more toxic atmosphere. I've been playing DayZ for a long time and greatly enjoy it and i'm excited about the direction and the increased player base, as well as many coming back to play.

Ah! Obviously talking about hacking and cheaters does not please you! Maybe because you find it interesting? How can we be so blind to the sheer number of cheaters or not complain about it ??? Here is a forum man! If you can't give your opinion here or talk about reality and what's going on, there's no point in having a forum. Now if the topic of hacking bothers you, you don't read the topic, you don't comment. I repeat about cheaters: At work !!

Edited by lvw06
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, discipled said:

Mine was sarcasm, not sure if it was aimed at more or the OP that I replied too but I agree with what you’re saying.

I can deal with the issues, doesn’t make any difference to me as I just binge this like 15 hours a day straight.(Can’t day I’ve come across a cheater unless when you randomly die as a fresh spawn? But that wasn’t of any bother)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, lJamesHalel1 said:

Mine was sarcasm, not sure if it was aimed at more or the OP that I replied too but I agree with what you’re saying.

I can deal with the issues, doesn’t make any difference to me as I just binge this like 15 hours a day straight.(Can’t day I’ve come across a cheater unless when you randomly die as a fresh spawn? But that wasn’t of any bother)

I honestly can't say I've run into any obvious cheaters since the early days of DayZ.... I only play on official vanilla servers though. Maybe that's why. Idk. But I know there are cheaters, I know the Dev's know this. They know this before we realize it too and are dealing with it in addition to building and expanding this game. DayZ is in a better place than it has ever been.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

12 minutes ago, discipled said:

I honestly can't say I've run into any obvious cheaters since the early days of DayZ.... I only play on official vanilla servers though. Maybe that's why. Idk. But I know there are cheaters, I know the Dev's know this. They know this before we realize it too and are dealing with it in addition to building and expanding this game. DayZ is in a better place than it has ever been.

That fact it’s even playable on console is something 20 year old James never thought would happen so I’m just happy I can play even if there are certain issues, they aren’t gamebreaking(ish)

• Beans 1

Still no broken bones, still no ballistics, still a shitty sickness system, still a shitty blood and damage system, no shock damage, etc.

thanks for the deagle i guess, who needs that shit? You haven't even added all the fucking guns from old (real) DayZ yet. Is your only focus ruining the game or can we finally revert back to 0.62 and go from there? lol

Edited by VVarhead
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

Still no broken bones, still no ballistics, still a shitty sickness system, still a shitty blood and damage system, no shock damage, etc.

thanks for the deagle i guess, who needs that shit? You haven't even added all the fucking guns from old (real) DayZ yet. Is your only focus ruining the game or can we finally revert back to 0.62 and go from there? lol

Have you tried it since 0.62? Yeah some features are missing but imo it’s a better game tenfold.

(don’t take that wrongly, there’s features im waiting on but glad it’s got to this point before they start adding it/if they do)

Edited by lJamesHalel1
Because I also want things.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VVarhead said:

These were written a while ago, so the exact numbering might have changed but the concepts are still there:

Infection and You: Diseases in DayZ - 

Hit Zones: A Guide to Damage in DayZ (Pt.1) 

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/dwun80/hit_zones_a_guide_to_damage_in_dayz_pt1/

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, VVarhead said:

So initial speed, mussel velocity and barrel length, bullet dispersal and drop, friction, penetration and ricochet calculations on every single surface in the game with every ammo except shotgun ammo doesn't count as ballistics to you why?

It has the most advanced ballistics in any non-mil sim I've ever encountered.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 2

With the Flag built, do bags despawn or is everything reset along with fences/gates/containers?

For example can I leave a bag or even a gun on a table and it not despawn (e.g. decorating a base)?

On 9/18/2020 at 1:16 PM, ImpulZ said:

Update 1.09.153419 - Release on 18.09.2020

FIXED

• Fixed an issue preventing players from contructing base building objects in or on buildings

Hi ImpulZ

On a scale from 1 to 10, where 1 is really bad and 10 is really good, how good an idea do you think it would be to also add this fix to your paying customers on the experimental branch?

It should be quite easy, since the fix is already developed.

Brgds Nick

4 hours ago, my_nick_was_taken said:

Hi ImpulZ

On a scale from 1 to 10, where 1 is really bad and 10 is really good, how good an idea do you think it would be to also add this fix to your paying customers on the experimental branch?

It should be quite easy, since the fix is already developed.

Brgds Nick

Both stable and experimental are the same version, no difference between them right now. 

• Thanks 1

Cant play a day on an official without being killed by a ploiter. Same again today two of us stood in a barn at night in different parts/floors of the barn at night, behind fences - doors closed!!! and....

"You are dead"                     

No noise no nothing just a whole days base building and gearing up gone, again. If BI cant sort these hackers out whats the point in this game being anything other than a run and gun. Not worth investing time into anymore. Shame.

3 minutes ago, Dwardo Rodregez said:

Cant play a day on an official without being killed by a ploiter. Same again today two of us stood in a barn at night in different parts/floors of the barn at night, behind fences - doors closed!!! and....

"You are dead"                     

No noise no nothing just a whole days base building and gearing up gone, again. If BI cant sort these hackers out whats the point in this game being anything other than a run and gun. Not worth investing time into anymore. Shame.

A little satisfaction for you. Yes, it can be frustrating and cheaters suck but your base building is still there. Granted, we don't know what server you're on... play on a different one. This hasn't been an issue for me. But I play on vanilla official servers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, Uncle Zed said:

Both stable and experimental are the same version, no difference between them right now. 

Ok my curiosity is awaken. Do you actually know something, do you just think you know something, were you bored and wanted to raise your postcount, are you trolling these forums or maybe its something completely else?

8 minutes ago, my_nick_was_taken said:

Ok my curiosity is awaken. Do you actually know something, do you just think you know something, were you bored and wanted to raise your postcount, are you trolling these forums or maybe its something completely else?

wtf? looks like you're the one who's trolling here

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

wtf? looks like you're the one who's trolling here

I understand why they took Nick, probably for his/her/they/thems safety.

5 hours ago, my_nick_was_taken said:

The stable and experimental versions are only different when they are testing an experimental version. Right now the last experimental version was pushed to stable so they are the same. In other words, there's no experimental right now.

20 minutes ago, Uncle Zed said:

The stable and experimental versions are only different when they are testing an experimental version. Right now the last experimental version was pushed to stable so they are the same. In other words, there's no experimental right now.

I'm thinking what he's trying to get at is the hotfix has not "fixed" anything from a building point of view.

Case in point at piano houses you used to be able to build upstairs, and outside the doors of the house. Since v1.09 you could no longer build upstairs nor on most of the raised tarmac area that covers half of the exterior of the property, this means the North door cannot be built in front of exterior wise, and the east door is a bit iffy. This hotfix has made no difference to these nor can I seem to build fences any closer to each other than before. I have also been told that actually base building is even more restrictive since the hotfix, some in apartments telling me they can't actually build fences in the interior in the locations they could before the hotfix.

I'm quite baffled as to why the devs even changed anything from v1.07 as tbh the placement of structures seemed fine. Yes there was a bit of clipping at times but since we have no way to choose between lengths or heights of fences, can't barricade windows/doors etc, it was the best option. It seems they're intent on causing frustration for the player base and more work for themselves, I can't see any logical reason tbh.