ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.09 (Changelog)

6 hours ago, El Fary es Dios ESP said:

Please I would like very much if you put the interface of the xbox one control in the pc version.

I am a pc steam player, and I play with an xbox one elite 2 controller, but the interface, inventory and buttons do not appear as in the console version. and I have to use the mouse and it is very uncomfortable

If I don't like knowing where I can go to comment on it to the developers and include it

Id like unicorns to be in the game too. Guess silly suggestions dont make the cut.

Pc players on a controller...... Lol. Now if it were a solo RPG sure.... 

3 hours ago, webbie. said:

Hostile AI and Vehicle fix WHEN>>>>????

There is hostile AI and its called infected... 

No need for AI with guns roaming the map. Think of the impact on server performance.... 😄

the thinking through these days have seemed to stop..... 

3 hours ago, webbie. said:

Hostile AI and Vehicle fix WHEN>>>>????

Hostile AI as in AI survivors roaming about shooting guns? Short answer is never. There have never been and still are no plans for that in DayZ standalone. Longer answer is that there are a few mods under development, so keep an eye on them and see how they turn up. There is a youtube vid showcasing one of them and they aren't quite ready yet I suppose you can say. Third option would be to play Arma3 Exile.

Developers, you do a great job. I can imagine that the works are "Sisyphos"-tasks. I hope you never ending this. But pleeaase, rule the bugs.

3 hours ago, Shok95 said:

Developers, you do a great job. I can imagine that the works are "Sisyphos"-tasks. I hope you never ending this. But pleeaase, rule the bugs.

10 hours ago, El Fary es Dios ESP said:

Please I would like very much if you put the interface of the xbox one control in the pc version.

I am a pc steam player, and I play with an xbox one elite 2 controller, but the interface, inventory and buttons do not appear as in the console version. and I have to use the mouse and it is very uncomfortable

If I don't like knowing where I can go to comment on it to the developers and include it

This is sadly an edge case that we won't be supporting any time soon.

12 hours ago, Getsome said:

20 minutes after you guys released the 1.09 experimental server I had and still have the only Australian public server running.

We don't seem to get the love down here. 😥

@ImpulZ

So you've updated the official servers with the latest Central Economy, When can I/we expect to receive the file so I can update the only Australian public server please.

We love our players down under as well, you guys know the survival struggle ❤️ Economy offline files will be updated with our next Exp update, which will be deployed very soon 🙂

15 hours ago, NorthNorthEast said:

Any ideas as to how to set up the flag pole?

There is currently still an issue with taking the Flag Pole Kit (3 Sticks + Rope) into hands, it should be fixed with our next Experimental patch.

17 hours ago, modis002 said:

Are there any plans to bring back the ability to spin the cylinder for the MAGNUM?

Yes, we haven't given up on the Russian Roulette, but it sadly did not make it for this update. 😕

21 hours ago, luc4to said:

Please, fix Blaze's double shot. Today It's the same damage as a single shot.

14 hours ago, Derleth said:

Logging out with a torch in my hand produced this interesting character portrait in the "lobby":

Thank you for your reports, we are looking into them and have them scheduled for fixing.

• Thanks 2
  • Beans 1

On 8/18/2020 at 7:17 AM, ImpulZ said:
  • Lifetime values of all items have been greatly increased

Yikes, this is gonna exacerbate already bad desync issues on console. Desync gets bad when you're interacting with items and storage while others are doing the same as well as when finding an item/storage another player left behind. I hope I'm wrong. 😕 I believe in you, Bohemia.

Edited by ZingZootZephyr

45 minutes ago, ZingZootZephyr said:

Yikes, this is gonna exacerbate already bad desync issues on console. Desync gets bad when you're interacting with items and storage while others are doing the same as well as when finding an item/storage another player left behind. I hope I'm wrong. 😕 I believe in you, Bohemia.

It doesn't change the amount of items spawned on the map, just how often they are shuffled around. So actually this will reduce the server load since the CLE will not be working half as much removing and respawning items.

20 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

You're playing a game that's set in Eastern Europe in the 90's. AR's and whatnot SHOULD be rare and AK's SHOULD be common.

Well the Soviet union had collapsed by 92 so the entire region would have been flooded with cheap weapons for export or trade aswell as the Russian mafia bringing in overseas weapons.

you find allied helicopters around the region so you would think there would have been a base some where for them to launch from with quite a big stock pile of various weapons,gear and vehicles.

We have a new Experimental update going live for you, here is the changelog:

Update 1.09.153343

FIXED

• Fixed a bug allowing infected to climb over closed party tent doors
  • Fixed possible sliding while jumping into a ceiling
  • Fixed an issue with picking up items through certain walls
  • Fixed an issue with the flag pole kit not being visible in vicinity and could not be picked up
  • Fixed a bug that caused that clothing was dropped on the ground from small containers in the inventory when logging in
  • Fixed a bug making it possible to place tents in the water
  • Fixed a bug making it possible to place tents into steep terrain
  • Fixed an issue with stacking producing extra items
  • Fixed an issue with incorrect weights shown in the inventory UI tooltip

CHANGED

• Further improvements to character collisions with ceiling
  • Handgun Scope balancing (lowered dispersion modifier, reduced ranging options)
  • The Flag pole can no longer be built while in prone
  • Digging a garden plot now damages the tool used
  • Locking/unlocking doors now damages the Lockpick

SERVER

• Fixed: The offline CE files now properly reflect 1.09 changes for both the Chernarus and Livonia terrains

MODDING

• Fixed a crash on usage of Entity::GetScale

KNOWN ISSUES

• Clothing items placed into a Utility Buttpack will respawn on the ground when logging in
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 1

On 8/18/2020 at 11:36 PM, Goatroach said:

... Really? This took priority over getting archery added back into the game? What the actual f***?

It is nice to see the revolver back in, though. Never was a fan myself, but I know a lot of people have been asking for it back. Maybe next update I could finally get my bow and arrows back. A man can dream.

Ah so you think that remaking bow and arrow physics and probably improving animations is easier then making a 3D long long stick with colored cloth waving on top? lol makes sense

23 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

You're playing a game that's set in Eastern Europe in the 90's. AR's and whatnot SHOULD be rare and AK's SHOULD be common.

well an AR can be 2 things... an AR-15 rifles and variants... or AR as in Assault Rifle ... so he probably said Allied Assault Rifles... like M4 ... AUG.. things like that

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

Update 1.09.153343

FIXED

• Fixed a bug allowing infected to climb over closed party tent doors
  • Fixed possible sliding while jumping into a ceiling
  • Fixed an issue with picking up items through certain walls
  • Fixed an issue with the flag pole kit not being visible in vicinity and could not be picked up
  • Fixed a bug that caused that clothing was dropped on the ground from small containers in the inventory when logging in
  • Fixed a bug making it possible to place tents in the water
  • Fixed a bug making it possible to place tents into steep terrain
  • Fixed an issue with stacking producing extra items
  • Fixed an issue with incorrect weights shown in the inventory UI tooltip

CHANGED

• Further improvements to character collisions with ceiling
  • Handgun Scope balancing (lowered dispersion modifier, reduced ranging options)
  • The Flag pole can no longer be built while in prone
  • Digging a garden plot now damages the tool used
  • Locking/unlocking doors now damages the Lockpick

SERVER

• Fixed: The offline CE files now properly reflect 1.09 changes for both the Chernarus and Livonia terrains

MODDING

• Fixed a crash on usage of Entity::GetScale

KNOWN ISSUES

• Clothing items placed into a Utility Buttpack will respawn on the ground when logging in

You should also have a look at animal behaviour. 2 Times now ive seen a deer stuck in some sort of loop. Running back and forth and around the same tree. They dont even run from you because their stuck. 

Both Times it was in the Woods between mysta and staroye.

While debuging the bags and containers, I hope someone will look into the problem about the pouches, too (reload mags is not working and items got deleted while a pouch is filled with items and stored inside a container in the player inventory -> deleting all items inside the pouch while relogging). Just look in the Feedback Tracker, there are some tickets. 🙂

Edited by andro_dawton

> Fixed an issue with the flag pole kit not being visible in vicinity and could not be picked up

We can pick up the flag pole kit, build up the flag and it looks amazing - but sadly the placing is really hard. We cannot place it anywhere inside our base (in the woods with big areas free of any trees), nor somewhere in the woods surrounding it.
At places where we can build up whole watchtowers and tents it wont let us build the flag. 
You can even place the kit inside sheds and buildings, but in the woods, on grass and as soon as it has a little incline you cannot?

@ImpulZ thanks for the fixes to types.xml  

I see that there are 15 flag varieties in the Livonia types.xml still not in Chernarus.

Also, I would expect some entries in cfgspawnabletypes.xml for the Deagle, Deagle_Gold and Magnum.

I would also like to hear some comments from the dev team in regard to the huge changes to lifetime. These changes will certainly make the CEL work less, but some items lifetimes are going from hours to days, so I feel like we'll be left with a lot of stale loot around the map.

Died from sickness Just now. Refreshing way to die i must say. 🙂

Had no clue how to remedy it. The icon was an alienlike blob circle with a few spats around it..anyone know what i caught? 

4 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

well an AR can be 2 things... an AR-15 rifles and variants... or AR as in Assault Rifle ... so he probably said Allied Assault Rifles... like M4 ... AUG.. things like that

Even so, American weaponry should be less common to come across than AK weaponry in a game set in an Eastern European country. The AK line of rifles are literally the most popular and most produced in the world. Demanding that AK's "piss off" because someone wants US weapons in a game set in Eastern Europe strikes me as "off" to say the least. Players should be able to come across AK's and their attachments fairly easily in the game and finding American gear should be an occasion and perhaps limited to a single base and US helicopter crashes.

In any case, this is all academic, because the devs has seen fit to basically make it nearly impossible to find an AK due to the strange way that the loot economy is set up and how stashes effectively eliminate the spawning of certain items.

I was hoping to see a change in that angle with 1.09.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, McWendy said:

Died from sickness Just now. Refreshing way to die i must say. 🙂

Had no clue how to remedy it. The icon was an alienlike blob circle with a few spats around it..anyone know what i caught? 

Depends on the symptoms. If you puked your guts out every time you tried to eat or drink more than a nibble it was cholera, that you get from drinking dirty water. If you were puking non stop and losing hydration ultra fast it was salmonella, you get that from eating or drinking with dirty hands, possibly also from eating raw chicken.

The other diseases (flu, kuru) aren’t lethal, just very annoying. Infected wounds is still not active in vanilla as far as I know. (Which makes alcoholic tincture pointless trash loot).

• Beans 1

9 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Depends on the symptoms. If you puked your guts out every time you tried to eat or drink more than a nibble it was cholera, that you get from drinking dirty water. If you were puking non stop and losing hydration ultra fast it was salmonella, you get that from eating or drinking with dirty hands, possibly also from eating raw chicken.

The other diseases (flu, kuru) aren’t lethal, just very annoying. Infected wounds is still not active in vanilla as far as I know. (Which makes alcoholic tincture pointless trash loot).

Been a while since my last sickness so was at a loss..thanks @Derleth i think i drank with dirty hands after a very needed deer slaughter. Glad it was stuck in place so i could knife him :d

Glad my corpse was where i left him... 😉

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 9:05 AM, ImpulZ said:

Update 1.09.153343

@ImpulZ Is there ANY information on when vehicle stability will be addressed?  I know, I have been a very vocal critic, among others.  Vehicles are the next most important thing than zombies to the game mechanics.  Without stable, working, reliable, dependable  vehicles, the game is not going to be "healthy".  It is sick and has been for almost two years.

I have over 6000 hours in DayZ, but I and most in my community haven't touched it in weeks other than to deathmatch because we don't need vehicles to do that.  Can you please, offer some details on what the plans are to fix them?  I'm not asking for commitments, deadlines or anything, I am asking for a plan.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

@ImpulZ Is there ANY information on when vehicle stability will be addressed?  I know, I have been a very vocal critic, among others.  Vehicles are the next most important thing than zombies to the game mechanics.  Without stable, working, reliable, dependable  vehicles, the game is not going to be "healthy".  It is sick and has been for almost two years.

I have over 6000 hours in DayZ, but I and most in my community haven't touched it in weeks other than to deathmatch because we don't need vehicles to do that.  Can you please, offer some details on what the plans are to fix them?  I'm not asking for commitments, deadlines or anything, I am asking for a plan.

I suspect putting maximum players at around 30 on official servers is one necessary step, and even more restrictive max ping (no more than 150 I'd say) another. At least until low server fps and/or players on unstable connections stop triggering vehicle madness.

In the meantime I simply stay well clear of (too) high pop servers and drive happily all over the map without issues. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Derleth said:

I suspect putting maximum players at around 30 on official servers is one necessary step

Reducing player count and max ping are band-aid solutions though.  I'm with Gordon on this one -- we're coming up on two years since official release and cars on full servers are just as derpy as they were in December 2018.  Are they ever getting fixed or are they as good as they'll ever be now?  Tell us please.

On 8/20/2020 at 10:18 PM, Tonyeh said:

Even so, American weaponry should be less common to come across than AK weaponry in a game set in an Eastern European country. The AK line of rifles are literally the most popular and most produced in the world. Demanding that AK's "piss off" because someone wants US weapons in a game set in Eastern Europe strikes me as "off" to say the least. Players should be able to come across AK's and their attachments fairly easily in the game and finding American gear should be an occasion and perhaps limited to a single base and US helicopter crashes.

In any case, this is all academic, because the devs has seen fit to basically make it nearly impossible to find an AK due to the strange way that the loot economy is set up and how stashes effectively eliminate the spawning of certain items.

I was hoping to see a change in that angle with 1.09.

American guns suck anyway... when i find an AK i take it over anything American that i have... i only use AK's and SKS's and Mosin's and Dragunovs... they are simple... effective... plentiful ... xD

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, drgullen said:

Reducing player count and max ping are band-aid solutions though.  I'm with Gordon on this one -- we're coming up on two years since official release and cars on full servers are just as derpy as they were in December 2018.  Are they ever getting fixed or are they as good as they'll ever be now?  Tell us please.

Oh I agree, the car problems really need to be adressed, more robust simulation and netcode is a must! I merely stated those things as immediate band aids that would actually improve the situation.

• Thanks 3

Just now, Derleth said:

Oh I agree, the car problems really need to be adressed, more robust simulation and netcode is a must! I merely stated those things as immediate band aids that would actually improve the situation.

They need to remake the whole netcode shit from ground up... make servers use more cores and not single core... and we're golden... or basically just make servers use more cores xD Because any Threadripper server should outperform an i7-7700k server that's  4 cores 8 threads vs at minimum 24 cores 48 threads that's huge difference yet Threadripper is worse then i7 because of IPC because i7 clocks high af and single core perfomance is very good compared to Threadripper xD this is just poop They really need to focus on this and voila... 90% of DayZ bugs are fixed just by that xD

• Thanks 1

I haven't noticed this before on previous versions, but on a whim I built a base in the red brick factory at Kamensk Military.

While players remain warm and dry inside, the rain texture clips through the roof of the shed attached to the right side of the building. It's not a gamebreaking balance issue, but if you leave a barrel open inside there you have constant fresh water, as the barrel fills up even though it's indoors.

17 hours ago, Derleth said:

Every single release no matter the content, we ask for vehicle fixes. I can't even remember the last time we got a reply.  I feel like rewriting the vehicle code is just out of scope at this late stage and I can only guess that if modders could have done it, they would have. So where does that leave us? - how about just some band-aids to reduce car damage? or NOT allow the altitude of a car  be greater than 5m? over the terrain or NOT allow the x,y to change more than a certain amount from one cycle to the next or NOT allow the wheel altitudes to be more than 1m? greater than each other. All band-aid type things, but there has to be something that can be improved. Max players aren't going to be reduced, GSPs aren't magically going to upgrade all the servers and I doubt we'll get any kind of multi-core...

@ImpulZ what do you think? A little something?