jakub_bohemia

Stable Update 1.08

This happens to me and my buddy also like the game will crash and one of us would be driving and log back in and get in via the driver side of the car and get black screen and you have to relog and get in via the passengers side of the car and switch seats, that is a lot of steps just to drive a car, lol......

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2020 at 2:43 PM, Dwardo Rodregez said:

Stable update hahaha

So a friend and I were driving two cars through Zelen, usual story cars bumping and quivering all over the road but working atleast. Official server btw. Then all of a sudden my screen goes black, the car HUD says the car is doing 240kph and I am stuck, cant see anything so have to re-log, as expected car is missing and I am 5 minutes into the past. 😞 So I run to where my car was and nothing, two minutes later my friend gets exactly the same thing in his car and cars gone. All our kit we were transporting lost, AGAIN!

Whilst trying to recoup we run into another the player that was shooting at our cars.... What is the point in playing this game anymore, it just gets worse with each patch. Nice work Bohemia!

your fault for playing on potato Official servers... play on community servers... ez fix thank you and goodbye

? Did i hear a Mic drop then.....I like a level playing field as opposed to skewed version where admins have far too much control. Speedsters have killed the Official servers anyway. Would have been nice if the patch could have lasted a bit longer before it was exploited.

By the way @jakub_bohemia or @ImpulZ is it intended that the direct cooking slots take about 3 times longer too cook with than on a stick or in a pot/frying pan? 

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

By the way @jakub_bohemia or @ImpulZ is it intended that the direct cooking slots take about 3 times longer too cook with than on a stick or in a pot/frying pan? 

feels wrong at least. i had a cooking pot on a stone oven and it was ridiciously fast cooking 4 pieces of meat with fat in it compared to the two single steaks i had on the remaining two slots of the oven. think this has to be balanced a bit; like makin cookin in a pot a bit slower and using sticks over fire or meat on oven slots a bit faster.

i also would like to see, that the devs look into how much calories some food items give. it seems very unbalanced and a bit weird.

can we have a map of the actual tier zones? somehow it doesnt feel right. i run a server and want specific loot only spawn in specific areas. a lot of stuff is a mystery for server owners.

the green lada wrecks: they ALL spawn military loot (tier 1-4). i hope this is not intended. is there a way for server admins to control the loot on the carwrecks somehow?

• Like 1

I have a problem with my server, often invisible walls appear in gates created by players and doors of game structures.

@Derleth Yes, this is intended.

@hyz4 interesting, but so far we weren't able to properly reproduce it. Does it happen with any weapon? Which keys are you using for ADS/HB, and when you go back into ADS, do you already have HB pressed?

Hi, I am really enjoying the updates, and having content placed back in. I do have a request though. Please ,Please,Please, can we have some form of base wall that infected can not vault over. If I go through the trouble of building a base and putting barbed wire at the tops of my walls that should stop infected from jumping my fences, otherwise barbed wire at the tops of fences is only cosmetic, which is pointless in a survival game. If the Devs would please address this issue I'm sure that a great many of us would be very appreciative, I know I would. Thank you for your continued hard work in improving this game. Signed, a player since 2013

Edited by Foe
grammar

2 hours ago, Foe said:

Hi, I am really enjoying the updates, and having content placed back in. I do have a request though. Please ,Please,Please, can we have some form of base wall that infected can not vault over. If I go through the trouble of building a base and putting barbed wire at the tops of my walls that should stop infected from jumping my fences, otherwise barbed wire at the tops of fences is only cosmetic, which is pointless in a survival game. If the Devs would please address this issue I'm sure that a great many of us would be very appreciative, I know I would. Thank you for your continued hard work in improving this game. Signed, a player since 2013

Agreed! I'm fine with them hopping over the walls since they can do that with other fences and walls of that height, but barb wire on top should stop, or at least damage them. Same goes for wolves and bears (and all other AI) who simply walk right through walls with or without barb wire. This is a known issue since forever, but I have a glimmer of hope since land mines and bear traps are triggered by zeds these days.

Edited by Derleth

9 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Okay, thanks. I think this is a weird configuration, logically baking meat on a stick should take longer than grilling on a grate or directly on the heater. I understand what I suspect is the gamey reasoning behind it (easiest slot being slower than methods that require equipment, amirite?), but I still think it feels wrong.

On 7/20/2020 at 4:55 PM, Scoo1 said:

1.08 BUGS

Hold Breath increased stamina usage

stamina bar jumps from 100% to 0 the moment you press your HB key

cause:

-when using HB stamina usage goes up over time and will reset to normal value when not using HB but still ADS

-when ending HB and ADS at the same time, it will not reset and next time you use HB it starts with the increased last value -> usage goes up every time you use HB

12ga 00 Buckshots

fires 2 pellets instead of 8 --> 75% less damage

but it still kills chickens

Utility Buttpack

when combined with Assault Vest - and only then - items of following item classes cannot dropped into it:

-masks-glassess-gloves-boots-hats-belts-sheat-

On 8/7/2020 at 1:32 PM, ImpulZ said:

@hyz4 interesting, but so far we weren't able to properly reproduce it. Does it happen with any weapon? Which keys are you using for ADS/HB, and when you go back into ADS, do you already have HB pressed?

@ImpulZ after server and client restart i couldn't trigger the bug as described, but the bug is still there. What i found out so far:

- you cant trigger the bug by just standing around and pressing HB 1000x times

-you have to consume stamina ... sprinting,jumping,climbing ... only after those actions the HB bug gets triggered

-it happens with all weapons

Keys i use:

-RMB for raise weapon

-left shift for ADS

-left control for HB

Edited by Scoo1

12ga 00 Buckshots

fires 2 pellets instead of 8 --> 75% less damage

but it still kills chickens

Is the above confirmed? Cos I knew there was something seriously wrong with the buckshot since the last patch.

• Thanks 1

I suppose I'm a bit late with this, but here's a bit of feedback regarding the new car wrecks on the map and how car parts spawn:

• Removing doors and wheels from wrecks of the right type is as it should be, I love this feature.
  • Loose doors from any vehicle will spawn as loot in the wrecks. For example you can find Olga doors jammed into a seat or the boot of an Ada wreck or the other way around. Dunno if this is intended, but it looks a bit silly when they just shouldn't fit, especially when there's a couple of them stacked.
  • When removing old wrecks and replacing them with the new ones, why was the s1203 van wrecks removed? These were not replaced with a new wreck (since the car itself is not in the game) which has drastically reduced the amount of wrecks and "rubble variety" found on the map. In my opinion these should be restored, unless you're adding the van itself as a vehicle soon and removed them to make place for a new wreck.
  • Also, I actually miss the old wrecks where you could open the doors properly, on the new ones the doors jam when you "open" them. Also the variety on the map has taken a hit with their removal. The map looks more empty in places now.

10 hours ago, Derleth said:

I suppose I'm a bit late with this, but here's a bit of feedback regarding the new car wrecks on the map and how car parts spawn:

• Loose doors from any vehicle will spawn as loot in the wrecks. For example you can find Olga doors jammed into a seat or the boot of an Ada wreck or the other way around. Dunno if this is intended, but it looks a bit silly when they just shouldn't fit, especially when there's a couple of them stacked.

This is caused by:

On 7/1/2020 at 2:16 PM, Derleth said:

Still mismatch between 'vehiclesparts' and 'vehicleparts' in the server files. In types.xml and cfglimitsdefinition.xml the category is 'vehiclesparts', in mapgroupproto.xml 'vehicleparts' without s is used. This causes the server to spam "unknown category vehicleparts" messages at startup. Changed it manually in mapgroupproto.xml, but could this be looked at before the next update? 

Those "typos" are intentional to deactivate the corresponding entries in mapgroupproto.xml because they are not used in the moment - atleast this is what i think after my testing.

15 hours ago, Scoo1 said:

This is caused by:

Those "typos" are intentional to deactivate the corresponding entries in mapgroupproto.xml because they are not used in the moment - atleast this is what i think after my testing.

Yeah you're right that is the consequence, but I'm not so sure about it being (fully) intentional since this typo was in the files long before these wrecks were implemented. Now that "vehiclesparts" no longer spawn in sheds etc, if you want the "clean" doors (the ones stripped from wrecks are rusty) to spawn you need to either change their category to "tools" or edit mapgroupproto so they spawn in the wrecks. For now I've reverted the proto file so the wrecks won't look so silly, if players want a "mint" car they'll need to cannibalise from other more complete cars...

Edit: Upon closer scrutiny I realised the regular doors, hoods and trunks are set not to spawn at all unless they spawn attached to a vehicle as that spawns in. In the default economy the only doors that spawn as loot are the rusty ones from wrecks. So the reason I was getting droves of doors in my wrecks was I didn't update that part of types when 1.08 was launched. I have heavily edited my types so on updates I usually just add the new items so I won't have to do every edit all over again.

So, I definitely do not think the typo is intentional. At the moment it doesn't really matter though, as the only items with the vehiclesparts category are doors (radiator, battery, sparkplug and headlights are tools category) that either do not spawn (clean) or spawn attached to wrecks (rusty). You just get the annoying error spam about "unknown category" when launching the server.

Edited by Derleth

Are we getting new cooking pots in 1.9 as we got a frying pan instead of fixing desync, cars, ghost ammo and the many other glitches and bugs! And can we have a air rifle as the sporter is to op!

ok, it's nice to see some long-needed fixes in experimental.  Cars still pore as they get completely fucked front endwise at slow speed at 24 to 30kmh battery badly damaged., spark ruined front tyres ruined.  I could understand that at 120kmh+ but not at 25 -50.  this needs to balance this.  the only thing that would be fucked is the radiator as that is at the front of the car,  Come on Deves lets think about this.  How many cars spark plugs, batteries, tyres have you seen unusable at 100kmh+ crashes?  yes, the car is unusable, but not those items.  I would prefer it that the cars is unusable not the items.

Hello, in update 1.8 it was written that the shot from the bot's weapon was fixed, as well as the broken AimChange https://feedback.bistudio.com/T149517. there is a test case in this thread where you can see that no damage from a shot from a bot weapon occurred and AimChange does not work https://feedback.bistudio.com/T151736.
please correct this error. thank.

We are waiting for 8 years...

If you teamed up and created a "Taviana map mod"

Pay attention also to "DayZ_TExp" mod: https://steamcommunity.com/id/doctorday/myworkshopfiles/?appid=221100

If these mods are combined...

This would be the coolest game that can be!

It is important to be able to choose a patch like in Arma2 (patch menu)

60 types of equipment
2 submarines
4 types of aircraft
12 types of helicopters

Spoiler

Cars:
 2 Old hatchback
 4 Sedan
 5 Pick-Up
 7 Off-road (tan)
 4 Pickup
 3 HMMWV US
 4 UAZ (White)
 4 Lada (decorated)
 4 UAZ (Militia)
 4 Military Offroad
 4 Buhanka
 4 Bimmer M3
 3 Rodina 62 (Fuel truck)
 5 M1008 CUCV
 5 M1008 CUCV (Pickup)
 5 Polonez 78 (Taxi)
 4 Polonez 78
 16 Bathmobile
 25 Scrap Buggy
 17 Scrap APC
 4 Taviander
 13 Wheeled Titanic
 6 Lada 2105
 3 ZAZ968M
 6 S1203
 3 Car (white)
 1 Car (blue)
 2 Car (green)
 2 Car (red)
 12 SUV Special
 2 Towing Tractor
 12 Tractor
 17 UAZ
 13 GAZ (grey)
 6 Hatchback

Cars MG:
 4 LandRover MG
 3 Offroad MG
 6 Gatling Capri 69
 10 Ford Transit MG
 6 Pickup PK
 5 SUV MG
 8 UAZ MG

Trucks:
 4 Utility Truck (Open)
 4 Utility Truck
 3 Excavator
 3 Kamaz Transport
 3 Maniac Truck
 3 Scrap Ferry
 4 Lublin (truck)
 12 Ren truck
 8 Fire engine (Volvo)
 6 Ural (Civil)
 6 Ural (Civil 2)
 8 V3S

Bus:
15 Scrap Bus

Moto:
 13 ATV
 9 Old moto
 8 Motorcycle

Bike:
 11 Mountain bike
 31 Old bike

Helis:
 2 AH6X
 1 HC3 Merlin
 2 Ka60C
 3 MH60S
 3 MH6J
 3 Mi-171Sh
 2 Mi17c
 2 Mi17
 3 Praga(Green)
 2 Praga(Yellow)
 5 UH1H
 6 Uni Copter

Air:
 3 AN2
 1 Plane
 1 Flying Fortress
 1 Mig

Boats:
 3 Scrap Ferry
 10 Raft
 13 Small Raft
 6 PBX
 5 RHIB

Sub:
 1 Flying Fortress
 4 Nautilus

f4285fd07dd0aa80464a0f725d0d3418.png

(с)map.originsmod.info

https://youtu.be/Wm1rlc6c1r4?t=4424

Edited by Zet_replicator
upgrade

1 hour ago, Zet_replicator said:

We are waiting for 8 years...

If you teamed up and created a "Taviana map mod"

Pay attention also to "DayZ_TExp" mod: https://steamcommunity.com/id/doctorday/myworkshopfiles/?appid=221100

If these mods are combined...

This would be the coolest game that can be!

It is important to be able to choose a patch like in Arma2 (patch menu)

60 types of equipment
2 submarines
4 types of aircraft
12 types of helicopters

Hide contents

Cars:
 2 Old hatchback
 4 Sedan
 5 Pick-Up
 7 Off-road (tan)
 4 Pickup
 3 HMMWV US
 4 UAZ (White)
 4 Lada (decorated)
 4 UAZ (Militia)
 4 Military Offroad
 4 Buhanka
 4 Bimmer M3
 3 Rodina 62 (Fuel truck)
 5 M1008 CUCV
 5 M1008 CUCV (Pickup)
 5 Polonez 78 (Taxi)
 4 Polonez 78
 16 Bathmobile
 25 Scrap Buggy
 17 Scrap APC
 4 Taviander
 13 Wheeled Titanic
 6 Lada 2105
 3 ZAZ968M
 6 S1203
 3 Car (white)
 1 Car (blue)
 2 Car (green)
 2 Car (red)
 12 SUV Special
 2 Towing Tractor
 12 Tractor
 17 UAZ
 13 GAZ (grey)
 6 Hatchback

Cars MG:
 4 LandRover MG
 3 Offroad MG
 6 Gatling Capri 69
 10 Ford Transit MG
 6 Pickup PK
 5 SUV MG
 8 UAZ MG

Trucks:
 4 Utility Truck (Open)
 4 Utility Truck
 3 Excavator
 3 Kamaz Transport
 3 Maniac Truck
 3 Scrap Ferry
 4 Lublin (truck)
 12 Ren truck
 8 Fire engine (Volvo)
 6 Ural (Civil)
 6 Ural (Civil 2)
 8 V3S

Bus:
15 Scrap Bus

Moto:
 13 ATV
 9 Old moto
 8 Motorcycle

Bike:
 11 Mountain bike
 31 Old bike

Helis:
 2 AH6X
 1 HC3 Merlin
 2 Ka60C
 3 MH60S
 3 MH6J
 3 Mi-171Sh
 2 Mi17c
 2 Mi17
 3 Praga(Green)
 2 Praga(Yellow)
 5 UH1H
 6 Uni Copter

Air:
 3 AN2
 1 Plane
 1 Flying Fortress
 1 Mig

Boats:
 3 Scrap Ferry
 10 Raft
 13 Small Raft
 6 PBX
 5 RHIB

Sub:
 1 Flying Fortress
 4 Nautilus

f4285fd07dd0aa80464a0f725d0d3418.png

(с)map.originsmod.info

the guy that made that mod has copyright to it and is making a standalone game and you can't use it in DayZ... ikr... big sad

Needs to add clans like tribes in ark survival evolved for playing with friends so there’s no friendly fire when swinging weapons I hate meeting up with friends and end up killing them because of swinging my axe at zombies then it’s takes hours to meet back up