jakub_bohemia

Stable Update 1.08

I was having problems the other day with disconnecting from the official servers.  Then I remembered that I should not be using the BI dayz launcher app to play.  I started running the client directly from the Steam interface and all my problems dissipated.

My friends and I lost a number of freshly assembled cars.  As the driver, it wasn't immediately apparent.  We were driving along.  We stopped by a lake.  I shut off the car because it starts off with a low amount of gasoline.  We topped off the radiator with water and continued on our way.  About a kilometer down the road, the Sarka appeared to stop for the passengers, but I continued driving to Nadbor.  Then I noticed that I had no option to stop the car.  We all decided to relog.  When we came back in, we were back by the pond.  The car was gone, even after walking to where we continued to drive, it was nowhere to be found.  This same thing happened to some fresh ADAs we found earlier.  There's something NOT GOOD with cars.  Cars maintained mint condition the entire time.  They didn't experience bouncing around, usually attributed to desync at all.  Everything seemed fine, then they just ceased to exist, or something.

Edit: More.  After playing again, for the first time in 1.08, I have to applaud the team for making changes to base destruction.  I'm not sure if it is a positive change or not yet, but at least experimenting with drastic changes, to find balance, isn't a bad thing.

Edited by Parazight

2 hours ago, Parazight said:

I was having problems the other day with disconnecting from the official servers.  Then I remembered that I should not be using the BI dayz launcher app to play.  I started running the client directly from the Steam interface and all my problems dissipated.

My friends and I lost a number of freshly assembled cars.  As the driver, it wasn't immediately apparent.  We were driving along.  We stopped by a lake.  I shut off the car because it starts off with a low amount of gasoline.  We topped off the radiator with water and continued on our way.  About a kilometer down the road, the Sarka appeared to stop for the passengers, but I continued driving to Nadbor.  Then I noticed that I had no option to stop the car.  We all decided to relog.  When we came back in, we were back by the pond.  The car was gone, even after walking to where we continued to drive, it was nowhere to be found.  This same thing happened to some fresh ADAs we found earlier.  There's something NOT GOOD with cars.  Cars maintained mint condition the entire time.  They didn't experience bouncing around, usually attributed to desync at all.  Everything seemed fine, then they just ceased to exist, or something.

Edit: More.  After playing again, for the first time in 1.08, I have to applaud the team for making changes to base destruction.  I'm not sure if it is a positive change or not yet, but at least experimenting with drastic changes, to find balance, isn't a bad thing.

That thing with your cars was an example of catastrophic desync, I would say it was more the server having a meltdown at that moment than anything to do with cars specifically. Personally I have had very few car problems, it is basically only when I play with a friend who's on a shitty mobille connection that cars can occasionally have brief harry potter moments, other than that cars work like a dream as long as the server is not on its knees.

As for the vanilla launcher I have found it to be much more reliable than a certain popular third-party launcher. It will subscribe, download and activate the necessary mods for your chosen server without fault. The only downside is the server browser taking an eternity to scan servers the first time you use it. If you put the servers you play as favourites this is bypassed however. If you only play official (or community vanilla) servers there is indeed no reason to use the launcher, you might as well use the in-game server browser.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Parazight said:

right so when a server restarts while you drive a car... you as the player will be where you were like idk 5 minutes ago... but the car will be at the last position you were prior to the restart... because cars and players are saved differently... so the car might be there where you guys were... but somebody took it ? 😄 
i hope you understand what i mean

2 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

right so when a server restarts while you drive a car... you as the player will be where you were like idk 5 minutes ago... but the car will be at the last position you were prior to the restart... because cars and players are saved differently... so the car might be there where you guys were... but somebody took it ? 😄 
i hope you understand what i mean

I knew how that worked years before you joined this forum.  And that’s not even close to what happened. 

• Haha 1

we have the desync issue with our server IF it has a hiccup and there is nothing you can do.   move on find another car and hit the roads with the wind in your hair 🙂

10 hours ago, Parazight said:

I knew how that worked years before you joined this forum.  And that’s not even close to what happened. 

hey man year when i joined the forum does not matter.. i started playing in DayZ Standalone 0.46 i was there before they added freaking tents xD 

On 7/16/2020 at 6:05 PM, Parazight said:

My friends and I lost a number of freshly assembled cars.  As the driver, it wasn't immediately apparent.  We were driving along.  We stopped by a lake.  I shut off the car because it starts off with a low amount of gasoline.  We topped off the radiator with water and continued on our way.  About a kilometer down the road, the Sarka appeared to stop for the passengers, but I continued driving to Nadbor.  Then I noticed that I had no option to stop the car.  We all decided to relog.  When we came back in, we were back by the pond.  The car was gone, even after walking to where we continued to drive, it was nowhere to be found.

LOL.

That's like the feckin Twilight Zone.

• Haha 1

The Medium and Party Tents have no placing holograms

And all Tents have no more visible Ropes

Edited by Christopher Janzen

1.08 BUGS

Hold Breath increased stamina usage

stamina bar jumps from 100% to 0 the moment you press your HB key

cause:

-when using HB stamina usage goes up over time and will reset to normal value when not using HB but still ADS

-when ending HB and ADS at the same time, it will not reset and next time you use HB it starts with the increased last value -> usage goes up every time you use HB

12ga 00 Buckshots

fires 2 pellets instead of 8 --> 75% less damage

but it still kills chickens

Utility Buttpack

when combined with Assault Vest - and only then - items of following item classes cannot dropped into it:

-masks-glassess-gloves-boots-hats-belts-sheat-

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Scoo1 said:

1.08 BUGS

12ga 00 Buckshots

fires 2 pellets instead of 8 --> 75% less damage

but it still kills chickens

Yeh,

I've been wondering about the effectiveness of buckshot in the game in 1.08. Took me several shots to kill a cow the other day with the pump action from point black range. Whereas in 1.07 I managed to down two with a single shot from the rapid fire shotgun (whatever it's called).

Something certainly doesn't seem quite right.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Scoo1 said:

Utility Buttpack

when combined with Assault Vest - and only then - items of following item classes cannot dropped into it:

-masks-glassess-gloves-boots-hats-belts-sheat-

I have noticed that this applies to any container attached to a proxy, like plate carrier pouches and various modded variants, such as barrels on cars etcetera. Thought this was a mod conflict and not a vanilla bug, but if it happens on the buttpack on vanilla servers it is definitely a DayZ issue. 

Edited by Derleth

Fixing cars for this next patch should be of the highest priority.  Undoubtedly, it's a huge job and would change many things under the hood, but it MUST be done.  On the Server Admin Facebook and Discord, it's all talk about players leaving due to the consistent issues with vehicles and nothing being done to fix the issue after nearly two years.  I'm seeing people in my own community that won't play and have moved on until vehicles are fixed.

Please, BI, this should be the highest priority.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Fixing cars for this next patch should be of the highest priority.  Undoubtedly, it's a huge job and would change many things under the hood, but it MUST be done.  On the Server Admin Facebook and Discord, it's all talk about players leaving due to the consistent issues with vehicles and nothing being done to fix the issue after nearly two years.  I'm seeing people in my own community that won't play and have moved on until vehicles are fixed.

Please, BI, this should be the highest priority.

At least the server restart thing desperately needs to be fixed once and for all. I don't know if and if so how much this has improved with the 1.08 update and the fixes it contained, but from what I have seen cars lacking a wheel can still be thrown around at server restart and either get ruined by damage or simply get thrown off the map and deleted.

I did some testing on my test server and parked a Gunter in a car tent - with all four wheels attached it stayed in the tent through four server restarts. When I removed one wheel after one restart it jumped out of the tent and was half buried in the ground some distance away. After that I parked the car on top of a well, with all four wheels attached it stayed through three restarts, when I removed one wheel it disappeared. When I looked in the logs it had been deleted because its coordinate was outside the map - at an altitude of about 45,000 kms...

So - the geometry of a car, and how this is altered by adding/removing wheels, can - in combination with other conditions such as nearby objects or being parked inside a garage or tent - cause disastrous miscalculations on placement at server restart. This HAS to be fixed.

By the way, for those who don't remember, this jumping at restarts began when the sinking/levitating car bug was fixed. Out of the ashes into the fire, eh?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Car Physics (as it currently exists) + Server Side Authority = poop.
When you have a map as big as Chernarus and you don't have working transportation, the only servers that will not turn off Stamina are official servers.  Very, VERY few community servers leave Stamina on because it's not fun running 30 steps only to have to wait 30 seconds to be able to run any length of ground again.  If you are in Kamy and need to get back to your base up NorthWest around Lopatino and have to hoof it, it's a ridiculously long trek with Stamina enabled, but you don't dare have someone take a vehicle less you end up back on the coast and lose a vehicle in the process, but at least you'll have a running buddy.  It's silly, and unnecessary.  They need to do the HARD work and fix vehicles for all time.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Thanks 1

All of you that "enjoy" stamina-off gameplay will never know the joyous preparation that goes into packing your backpack with all the heavier-but-unnecessary-in-a-gunfight loot so you can drop it at a moment's notice, and have 70% stamina available even though you are wearing a plate carrier.

Cars obey only the rules of quantum physics!

Edited by EzyStriderPS4
  • Like 2

Over the last couple of days, I've lost count of how many times I've been kicked from public servers. Plus, many times I've been kicked when trying just to log on.

20200725023703-1.jpg

Anyone know what's going on with that?

I've already verified the cache.

31 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

Game spikes over 300ms for an instant?  Check your hops.  I'd say try something like PingPlotter, but more than likely, it's a DayZ related problem.

• Beans 2

Any reason Official ( Multiplay.com) servers are Locked ? and there is no notice why ? There all locked after the restarts.

Edited by LoveAffair

On 7/25/2020 at 1:32 AM, Tonyeh said:

Over the last couple of days, I've lost count of how many times I've been kicked from public servers. Plus, many times I've been kicked when trying just to log on.

20200725023703-1.jpg

I've already verified the cache.

They have 30 servers loaded on 1 Rig , thats why.

Its about time they did some thing about this offine raiding shit like a rest mode or something people do need to sleep too ya no

Anyone else had the "magic bullet" or Speedster hacks yet? Both my self and my friend were killed within minutes of each other, both amazing shots if not. I was upstairs in a barn moving, my friend was running through dense woodland. One shot kills....

I really hope its just an amazing player or the games dead again... Quick google and the usual funt cuts are offering hacks for 1.8 already..

Stable update hahaha

So a friend and I were driving two cars through Zelen, usual story cars bumping and quivering all over the road but working atleast. Official server btw. Then all of a sudden my screen goes black, the car HUD says the car is doing 240kph and I am stuck, cant see anything so have to re-log, as expected car is missing and I am 5 minutes into the past. 😞 So I run to where my car was and nothing, two minutes later my friend gets exactly the same thing in his car and cars gone. All our kit we were transporting lost, AGAIN!

Whilst trying to recoup we run into another the player that was shooting at our cars.... What is the point in playing this game anymore, it just gets worse with each patch. Nice work Bohemia!

Edited by Dwardo Rodregez

Hold Breath increased stamina usage

stamina bar jumps from 100% to 0 the moment you press your HB key

cause:

-when using HB stamina usage goes up over time and will reset to normal value when not using HB but still ADS

-when ending HB and ADS at the same time, it will not reset and next time you use HB it starts with the increased last value -> usage goes up every time you use HB

Came here to report this, I see its known, it drives me nuts.