jakub_bohemia

Experimental Update 1.08

8 hours ago, SillyJoe said:

Yeah I was asking if Nitrado servers on PC are running smooth above 60 slots when full pop. On console there is lot of lag and rubberbanding on 60+ slot servers when full pop, kinda unplayable.

I can remember when community servers came out on console there were many 100 slot servers online but the owners quickly realized that it's not worth the money as those servers were running pretty bad, which is imho a real shame considering the ammount of money they cost!

What hardware is required to run a 100 slot server smoothly (without mods for console)?

I've never had a server with that much pop! I would think something like these : https://www.ovh.com/world/dedicated-servers/rise/prices/ (3.5ghz+, 16gb, SSD)

2 hours ago, DUGAmmo said:

Hey,

I am going to assume you mean me. I wrote the cooling down for items code for DayzUnderground. I don't share my code indeed freely indeed, just for DUG. I did send how I did it to Sumrak with permission to integrate into DayZ however he feels. As we (from DUG) have shared many other fixes and things.

Just because code is not publicly available doesn't mean we don't care.

--Ammo

Hey, sorry Ammo, but no I wasn't specifically referring to you - not intentionally anyway. I have seen a few servers advertise having a fix for this issue, and I must admit it annoyed me a little when I saw it. I don't think there is anything wrong at all with servers offering unique content to attract players. Quite the opposite, it is a natural way to compete for players. No, what made me react was how this particular exclusive content was a fix/workaround for a very disruptive bug/exploit in the core game, that affects everyone playing DayZ. Exclusive guns, clothes, vehicles, locations etc is what we expect and although it might sting that some of it is never shared to the public on the workshop, it is no more than fair. There is after all no obligation for mod creators to share their work for free. But bug fixes? It might give an edge but it just doesn't feel right, sorry.

Maybe I'm just over sensitive, and the "blame" might be better directed at the devs who have allowed this bug to stay in the game for over a year and a half.

On 6/4/2020 at 5:12 PM, jakub_bohemia said:

Seems like it. We'll check it out. Thanks, man 😉

Much better

Thx

• Like 1

2 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

I've never had a server with that much pop! I would think something like these : https://www.ovh.com/world/dedicated-servers/rise/prices/ (3.5ghz+, 16gb, SSD) 

+ $21.00/month for the windows server licenses. It would be so much easier and cheaper if Bohemia would distribute a linux build of the server.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 2

On 6/15/2020 at 12:15 AM, Derleth said:

Apparently this was an intentional change a while back. Frankly I don't understand why they bother having the .22 weapons in the game at all when they make them so useless. Accuracy should be rewarded, a well placed headshot with a .22 should kill an infected and knock a player unconscious. Either give the infected vital hitzones or just plain increase the damage multiplier when hitting the head.

I made a mod to "fix" this - which doesn't have any effect whasoever on pvp damage - but that really shouldn't be necessary, it was an unnecessary change. The .22 round has very low base damage so if you can't hit them in the head they will tank 5-6 rounds which is fair. But when I pop them in the eye at point blank range and they just keep coming it feels stupid. That is not a good way to make zeds more of a challenge - add more of them instead. Way more.

About that - there are extremely few infected on the experimental server I have played on (official 1PP). I think I saw two or three total when searching all of Berezino. 

Is this a public Mod?

5 hours ago, DUGAmmo said:

Hey,

I am going to assume you mean me. I wrote the cooling down for items code for DayzUnderground. I don't share my code indeed freely indeed, just for DUG. I did send how I did it to Sumrak with permission to integrate into DayZ however he feels. As we (from DUG) have shared many other fixes and things.

Just because code is not publicly available doesn't mean we don't care.

--Ammo

Is there any chance to get in touch with you to share this fix with another DayZ community?

Is the inventory bug fixed in experimental?

(When you hold something in your hand, but you are not in sync. So what the server is seeing in your hand is another item, messing up your interactions and inventory.)

Edited by andro_dawton

15 minutes ago, andro_dawton said:

Is this a public Mod?

Yeah, it is called “ZombieHeadshotTweak”, it is on the workshop. Can be run server side so clients don’t need to load it.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, andro_dawton said:

Is the inventory bug fixed in experimental?

(When you hold something in your hand, but you are not in sync. So what the server is seeing in your hand is another item, messing up your interactions and inventory.)

Yes

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

6 hours ago, Derleth said:

Are you not reading? If they are running some rebalance mod the server admin could have set the damage values to whatever he wants, that is why using what happens on modded servers as reference is awkward.

yeah most of the servers don't really change the damage... they run vanilla damage values.. and i used vanilla guns with vanilla ammo M4 is weaker... a lot of the modded servers don't bother balancing the damage values especially the vanilla stuff... only things that do have more damage are the high end sniper rifles like Cheytac or DMR from ArmA 2... and you probably mean gun/ammo damage towards the zombies which may be the same but i am talking more of damage to players...

19 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

yeah most of the servers don't really change the damage... they run vanilla damage values.. and i used vanilla guns with vanilla ammo M4 is weaker... a lot of the modded servers don't bother balancing the damage values especially the vanilla stuff... only things that do have more damage are the high end sniper rifles like Cheytac or DMR from ArmA 2... and you probably mean gun/ammo damage towards the zombies which may be the same but i am talking more of damage to players...

Again: The weapon is not what causes damage, it is the bullet.

M4A1 and AK101 - 5.56

AKS74U and AK74 - 5.45

AKM and SKS - 7.62x39 

Those three rounds do EQUAL damage in vanilla, so it doesn’t matter if you are shooting with M4, AK74, AKM or whatever modded gun using those calibres, the damage output is always the same.

Mosin & SVD use 7.62x54, FAL & Winny .308. Damage output is twice that of the lesser AR calibres.

You either used some fantasy AK shooting 7.62x54, an RPK or the server has some rebalance mod that uses whatever values the admin feels like.

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 2

On 6/4/2020 at 12:18 PM, Getsome said:

Car Pop Noise

First off... thank you for the update and continued work appreciate it

Can you please look into fixing the car pop noise you get once you enter It's bubble, it's around the 77m 76m Mark. Makes it extremely difficult to hide vehicles when players are alerted with a pop which tells them there's a car nearby no matter how dense the bush is.

Tested... can confirm... car pop is no longer. 👍

Thank you for fixing that, really appreciate it. 😃

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 3

On 6/15/2020 at 8:54 PM, Roddis said:

If this :

• Fixed: Sun shaft effect was not present over the course of the day

Has relation with this: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T150608

Its not fixed, in fact it seems even worse somehow.

6700k, 1080ti .

Lg Ultrawide 3440x144

win 10

Almost everything on Ultra, something on high.

The fix was about shafts, not shadows.

As for this shadows issue, it happens due to rendering system. When the camera turns away from some objects, the engine stops to render those objects and therefore there's no shadows from those objects. Noticable at evening and morning because it is the time when the sun light goes through many trees, fences and other objects in the world.

It's easily reproducible with a barrel fireplace. Place a fireplace barrel, ignite it in the night, turn around away from the barrel, and the barrel will be not rendered, allowing the fireplace light to spread around. Once you turn the camera back to the barrel, the fireplace light will be interrupted with the barrel body. Turn around again and the barrel will become invisible again, and the fireplace will enlighten everything around you.

Edited by Ermiq
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

When there is an ongoing fireplace and the server restarts, the light stays there forever even if the fire ends. In these two images down below you can see how there is no fuel in the fireplace, and still there is light, which I saw from a kilometer away after passing trough the same city after one hour or so. Then, I remembered there was a restart when the fire was ongoing.

I tried it in another fireplace. No restart, and it worked right; the light went off when the fire ended. This was in EU - UK 0-3 at about 17:00 CET. BTW cheers to Nick, a friendly dude from Czech Republic that I met today. The one in the second image.

https://imgur.com/3lKfZvD

https://imgur.com/ljyve5U

Edited by Kathosky
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2

18 hours ago, Derleth said:

Again: The weapon is not what causes damage, it is the bullet.

M4A1 and AK101 - 5.56

AKS74U and AK74 - 5.45

AKM and SKS - 7.62x39 

Those three rounds do EQUAL damage in vanilla, so it doesn’t matter if you are shooting with M4, AK74, AKM or whatever modded gun using those calibres, the damage output is always the same.

Mosin & SVD use 7.62x54, FAL & Winny .308. Damage output is twice that of the lesser AR calibres.

You either used some fantasy AK shooting 7.62x54, an RPK or the server has some rebalance mod that uses whatever values the admin feels like.

wtf... dude... AK does more damage then M4 ... 7.62 gun vs 5.56 gun... the 7.62 gun deals more damage... like wtf are you on about? it much easier to kill people with AK then M4.. i keep telling you this and we are just repeating ourselves also you missed CR rifle that is also 7.62x39 😛 

EDIT: also i did not use fantasy AK i specifically used and always use an AKM / KA-M ... only that or AK-74 ... AK101 when i don't have the other too

Edited by KajMak64Bit2

16 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

wtf... dude... AK does more damage then M4 ... 7.62 gun vs 5.56 gun... the 7.62 gun deals more damage... like wtf are you on about? it much easier to kill people with AK then M4

is it possible that the rates of fire are different?  or different recoilamounts/patterns?  just because it is easier for you to use one gun to kill people than the other doesnt mean that it does more damage per shot.  maybe you are hitting more consistantly with one then the other.  maybe the fights took place in different lighting conditions or distances.  maybe ur victims had different amounts of armor or were hit in different places.  there are tons of variables here and unless tested in a controlled environment the arguement that one does more damage than the other is pretty hard to demonstrate.  not to mention if it were true that identicle rounds were doing different damage ammounts from different rifles i would imagine it would be something that should be on the bug tracker

"Despite being a jacketed round, because it's smaller, lighter, and faster than an AK-47 projectile, the 5.56mm tends to yaw faster once it hits tissue. The shearing forces on the bullet once it is traveling at 90 degrees through the tissue often tears the bullet into pieces, thus creating multiple smaller projectiles and increasing the chances of all of the bullet parts remaining in the target, and hence dissipating more energy.

The AK-47 round, being slightly heavier and slower than the M4 round, has a tendency to remain intact as it strikes tissue, and while it will penetrate deeper, it tends to remain intact and not yaw until it has penetrated much deeper than the M4." (or just leaves a 7.62mm exit hole).

in game the dealt damage of both rounds should be the same but the guns differ in handling, accuracy, firing range etc.

2 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

wtf... dude... AK does more damage then M4 ... 7.62 gun vs 5.56 gun... the 7.62 gun deals more damage... like wtf are you on about? it much easier to kill people with AK then M4.. 

And I’m telling you this is all a pointless argument. In the vanilla game the calibres I listed are all configured to do equal damage, 55 base health. Test it on offline if you don’t believe me. Any differences you've seen is down to difference in weapon handling and accuracy, not damage, unless the server does indeed run some bullet damage rebalance mod.

Edited by Derleth

I refuse to run ANY vanilla based 556 weapon.   556 is nerfed... BADLY.  I have been running a Styer Aug from a mod with their 556 ammo and it is 1000 times better than vanilla.

21 hours ago, wildzero said:

+ $21.00/month for the windows server licenses. It would be so much easier and cheaper if Bohemia would distribute a linux build of the server.

You can install your own OS or activate your own license 😉

no more 1pp server for exp?

Tell me, a metal fence - will it be stronger than a wooden fence? If not, then it's stupid.

It seems like that the devs are not able to fix the fps/performance/render issues on current gen consoles but please fix at least the awful server performance or tell your server provider Nitrado to set up better servers for DayZ. Everything above 60 slots is a true lagfest and unplayable but they still offer servers with up to 100 slots which is a bad joke imho!!

9 minutes ago, SillyJoe said:

It seems like that the devs are not able to fix the fps/performance/render issues on current gen consoles but please fix at least the awful server performance or tell your server provider Nitrado to set up better servers for DayZ. Everything above 60 slots is a true lagfest and unplayable but they still offer servers with up to 100 slots which is a bad joke imho!!

Be nice if Nitrado published the specs of those VMs. You need a non-oversubscribed/dedicated  box for 100 slots.