jakub_bohemia

Experimental Update 1.08

@BI

Pls hire someone to optimize your serversided code. On console players are starting to teleport, zombies are stuck (wont chase you) and there is ultra rubberband when servers above 60 slots are full pop.

The other thing is that your server partner (Nitrado) don't offer servers with 60 slots like the official ones. It's either 52 or 64, which doesn't make sense at all. But ofc you can order a 100 slot server but as I mentioned those servers are running very very bad when there are more than 60 players.
So please do us a favor and contact your server partner Nitrado and tell them to offer servers with 60 slots as 60 slots seems to be the sweetspot before it gets ultra laggy aka unplayable when full pop...

• Thanks 2

Cooked food still dont lose heat.

So a single potato and the entire wheather system is fucked.

• Haha 2

On 6/12/2020 at 2:58 AM, KajMak64Bit2 said:

you're right this isn't pubg for a gun to be everywhere... but 20 AK's on the whole map and server in a soviet country that uses AK literally everywhere... maybe even produces AK's... imagine Chernarus having an abandonded AK factory... and it has 20 AKs on the whole map... it doesn't make sense xD 

LoL.

Dude, we don't have a Kalashnikov factory in every city. It's actually only one city where the Kalashnikov factories are located. One city, in the whole Russia. Can you believe it?

And we don't have AKs in every house. The last time I saw AK in real life was more than 10 years ago, I was in army back then. After that I have never seen AK.

Russia is not USA, we are pretty careful when it comes to guns in real life.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

25 minutes ago, Ermiq said:

LoL.

Dude, we don't have a Kalashnikov factory in every city. It's actually only one city where the Kalashnikov factories are located. One city, in the whole Russia. Can you believe it?

And we don't have AKs in every house. The last time I saw AK in real life was more than 10 years ago, I was in army back then. After that I have never seen AK.

An enormous amount of AK:s disappeared during the wars in former Yugoslavia. Most were stolen by criminals and have been sold left and right since then, it is a fact that a lot of gun violence around Europe involves weapons that originate from the Balkans. So even though most countries are more restrictive with firearms than the US, gangsters have lots of firepower. But the Average Joe will most likely never see one.

Edit: This veered a wee bit off topic...

Edited by Derleth

On 6/15/2020 at 12:15 AM, Derleth said:

Apparently this was an intentional change a while back. Frankly I don't understand why they bother having the .22 weapons in the game at all when they make them so useless. Accuracy should be rewarded, a well placed headshot with a .22 should kill an infected and knock a player unconscious. Either give the infected vital hitzones or just plain increase the damage multiplier when hitting the head.

I made a mod to "fix" this - which doesn't have any effect whasoever on pvp damage - but that really shouldn't be necessary, it was an unnecessary change. The .22 round has very low base damage so if you can't hit them in the head they will tank 5-6 rounds which is fair. But when I pop them in the eye at point blank range and they just keep coming it feels stupid. That is not a good way to make zeds more of a challenge - add more of them instead. Way more.

About that - there are extremely few infected on the experimental server I have played on (official 1PP). I think I saw two or three total when searching all of Berezino. 

Also .22 used to be the perfect round for zeds because how silent a gun like Sporter or .22 pistol is, but now even with .45 or 7.62x39 you struggle to deal with them. As you say, that's not how to make infected a challenge. 

Regarding their numbers, areas devoid of infected is now even more frequent, but they always spawn in after a bit of time and you can easily end in the middle of them. It's not even a sign of player activity just somehow completely screwed spawn system. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Again on lights.

From a stove and the new cooking system.

(Second half of both video)

Edited by Roddis
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

21 hours ago, GoldenKingship said:

Is any changes with the mesh Barrier going to be made?

Takes about 10 seconds to unfill a mesh barrier, and 10 seconds to unfill it. 

I don't see how anyone would even use a mesh barrier for building a base when they can be swiftly dismantled with a shovel lol.

While still in the game files, they don't spawn anymore. @jakub_bohemia confirmed in an earlier post that was intentional.

37 minutes ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

While still in the game files, they don't spawn anymore. @jakub_bohemia confirmed in an earlier post that was intentional.

Ehh no... they do spawn they just removed them from spawning at certain places like industrial sites like idk.. a shed or garage or something... they didn't remove them from spawning in general just certain places

10 hours ago, Ermiq said:

LoL.

Well sure maybe but still you're comparing real life to a post apocalyptic game where the army was dispatched to take care of the zombies... there was a war against the zombies.. military is everywhere... there are even tanks and BMPs and BTRs around the map... surely the whole army did not have 20 AKs to fight.. like what is this? Stalingrad 1942? One guy has the gun the other one has the mag for it xD 

On 6/6/2020 at 3:05 PM, helpthedeadwalk said:

In the last EXP release, the wire mesh/hescobox was set to no longer spawn (nominal=0). @ jakub_bohemia is that intentional?

<type name="HescoBox">
        <nominal>0</nominal>
        <lifetime>3</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <min>0</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <flags count_in_cargo="0" count_in_hoarder="0" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="0" crafted="0" deloot="0"/>
        <category name="tools"/>
        <usage name="Industrial"/>
    </type>

On 6/8/2020 at 3:07 AM, jakub_bohemia said:

I can confirm that this change is intentional. 

1 hour ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Ehh no... they do spawn they just removed them from spawning at certain places like industrial sites like idk.. a shed or garage or something... they didn't remove them from spawning in general just certain places

The files say no spawn and I asked a week ago.

• Beans 1

Damn, really thought we'd see a stable release today 😞

The weight and stamina calculation bug is still at large and it is pretty game breaking, since no matter how lightly you're travelling sooner or later you'll be unable to sprint or climb obstacles. I had a nearly empty mountain bag that weighed 46 kgs at one point. Haven't noticed any other issues though, so if they get a patch for that out today 1.08 could possibly be on stable before the weekend.

19 hours ago, Roddis said:

Cooked food still dont lose heat.

So a single potato and the entire wheather system is fucked.

We are aware of this issue and will be fixing it in the future updates.

41 minutes ago, jakub_bohemia said:

We are aware of this issue and will be fixing it in the future updates.

There are a few community servers that have mods fixing this issue. Sadly they have fallen into the trend of having it as part of their exclusive server mods and not sharing it on the Workshop (a very unattractive trend by the way). So, considering how disruptive the bug is and the fact a mod can circumvent it, how come it is not among the fixes in 1.08? 

Edited by Derleth

1 hour ago, jakub_bohemia said:

Мы знаем об этой проблеме и будем исправлять ее в будущих обновлениях.

should i expect update 1.08 this week?

Edited by Rostik Mahanenko

10 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Well sure maybe but still you're comparing real life to a post apocalyptic game where the army was dispatched to take care of the zombies... there was a war against the zombies.. military is everywhere... there are even tanks and BMPs and BTRs around the map... surely the whole army did not have 20 AKs to fight.. like what is this? Stalingrad 1942? One guy has the gun the other one has the mag for it xD  

If you put it that way, lore-wise, surely you can see the desolation all around. It's not like the outbreak happenned yesterday, a week ago or even a month ago. It's more like a half a year to a year or so. In that time, everything that was simply lying around, including weapons, was looted or broken/damaged. The usable rifles are left in nooks and crannies to look for, yes they're still out there, but not in every single barracks - those were, lore-wise, raided and looted in the first days of the outbreak, and now it's been months.

• Beans 4

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

So, considering how disruptive the bug is and the fact a mod can circumvent it, how come it is not among the fixes in 1.08? 

Because it requires a whole system to be implemented. A system, that can handle temperature, wetness, food stages, and so on. You argue that mods can circumvent it - yes they can. But it is not the way we prefer to do it as it creates additional issues and balancing challenges that we would not be able to tackle in 1.08.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, jakub_bohemia said:

Because it requires a whole system to be implemented. A system, that can handle temperature, wetness, food stages, and so on. You argue that mods can circumvent it - yes they can. But it is not the way we prefer to do it as it creates additional issues and balancing challenges that we would not be able to tackle in 1.08.

Thank you, I knew it would be something like that but it is good to see it in plain writing. Otherwise it is so easy for folks to go “modders do this and that and devs are so slow”. Sorry for the little provocation.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Nemeziss Nemik Burdchild said:

i will have to give a wipe server with the arrival of 1.8?? 

This question has been answered in this thread - NO. IT has also been answered multiple times on twitter - NO.

Since 1.0 there has been 1 single wipe, on console, due to excessive duping. That's over 18 months.

Dear Bohemia, please answer a series of questions:
Why is there no loot balance on official servers? I’ve been running for a year now and I can’t find the vss , ammunition is almost on the shore. Why go on tisi? Helicrash low.
Why are updates rare? We bought a few copies of the game?
When will all the features of the 62 patch?
This is your engine - can't you handle it?

Why can’t you add an eyecup for the PSO?
Why can't add an as val and a magazine for 20 rounds?
Why does sprint food go faster than water?
Why can't add a night vision scope for NATO rifles?
Why does not visually ruin with a visor?
Why is the damage at 7.62 and 5.56 and 5.45 almost the same? 7.62 should almost take one shot ... in the head like that in any helmet for sure

similar to the janitor sat down at the computer and said "shit what is this? what is enfusion?"

Edited by hegra
  • Haha 1

Most of the original devs have long distanced themselves from this game. 

That's why it takes so long for barely anything to happen here.

After they "finish" the game 99% of you will be playing on a modded server in some shape or fashion.

Star Citizen and Dayz have a lot in common unfortunately. 

• Like 1