Greensek

Stable Update 1.07

2 hours ago, Supe2licious said:

Patch 1.08 where are you?

Are there any News on it?

It´s about time for new stuff!

Any day now... lol... maybe we'll have 1.08 by September?

can personal light be taken off still with this?
disablePersonalLight = 1; // disables personal light for all clients connected to server

I hope its sooner, my DayZ does not work until a new version. I get a black screen then PC crash, yes I have tried everything under the sun to make it work. DayZ EXP works just fine, so its kinda frustrating!

22 hours ago, Max Planck said:

Right. This discussion is interesting, but let's move it out of the'Update 1.07' topic.

There's a very similar discussion going on here: https://forums.dayz.com/topic/247793-money/
Or, someone could create a new topic on the matter.

Do you know how to fix my game? When trying to launch I get a black screen then PC crashes. I have re-installed 3 times verified, removed all MODS cleared cash removed every aspect of the

game on PC! Experimental works fine BTW...?

12 hours ago, kopo79 said:

can personal light be taken off still with this?
disablePersonalLight = 1; // disables personal light for all clients connected to server

Yes, any self-respecting survival server has that disabled!

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 2:50 PM, Max Planck said:

The 'Traders' discussion was split off and went here: https://forums.dayz.com/topic/248391-traders-in-dayz-split-from-107-topic/

Right, back on track then!

I'd like to post a few thoughts I've had as general feedback. I've played 1.07 a lot, and I believe the major bugs are pretty well known (hand desync with ghost bullets etc as consequence, raise weapon delay, car troubles) so I won't go into those.

Empty Buildings
Something that has annoyed me ever since the shift to 0.63 and onwards is how many buildings are little more than useless props in regards to loot economy. I'm thinking of the large condominiums, offices and schools. These buildings are well designed and form great potential environment for intense close encounters - but barely anyone ever sets foot in them because it is simply not worth the time it takes to search them. Once in a while you'll find a pea coat or flat cap, but that's about it. A school has several floors with many open rooms, so it takes time to search. When you know beforehand that you won't find anything you just won't bother, so these buildings are currently being neglected. Considering how well constructed they are it is a damn shame, so please consider increasing the number of potential loot spawns in these buildings. By a lot. 

For example, up until 0.62 you could find small tents on the balconies of apartments, for some reason that was taken out with 0.63.

Tiers
Another thing that bothers me is loot tiers, a system that is also not used to its full potential. The game world would become much more believable and dynamic if the tiers were used more to separate loot of different origins. For example, currently every military site can have military zeds of any type and the loot can be of any origin, NATO or eastern. It doesn't matter where you are. Simply put - if there are AK:s there shouldn't be M4:s and the other way around! This would give the game world a more realistic feel while also bringing about more player movement.

Do the devs currently have any plans to improve upon this? I have looked into how to set up the tiers (and events for zombie spawns) like this and it is not really difficult, just time consuming for one guy, so before I continue it would be nice to know if it is in the devs' pipe or not...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

24 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Empty Buildings
… so please consider increasing the number of potential loot spawns in these buildings. By a lot. 

Oh yes, these should be packed with common civilian loot. I wonder if the lack of loot has anything to do with the general performance of DayZ in urban areas. 
Likewise the loot in garages and industrial areas should be vastly improved. Especially the large industrial areas have barely any loot in them and often it is loot like backpacks. Getting car pars is for example a very frustrating experience and random village sheds have more relevant industrial loot than the dedicated industrial buildings.

24 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Tiers
Another thing that bothers me is loot tiers, a system that is also not used to its full potential. The game world would become much more believable and dynamic if the tiers were used more to separate loot of different origins. For example, currently every military site can have military zeds of any type and the loot can be of any origin, NATO or eastern. It doesn't matter where you are. Simply put - if there are AK:s there shouldn't be M4:s and the other way around! This would give the game world a more realistic feel while also bringing about more player movement.

Now, realistically speaking mix of western and eastern armament and gear is very common in former eastern block countries, especially those that joined NATO. It's a natural evolution as well keeping certain reliable standards. However; if I remember correctly up to 0.62 the bases were more thematic. That should perhaps return, now it seems really random. 

Also, what should be more controlled is generally the spawn of gear depending on the place. It is now quite common that you will find police or even military equipment in civilian building because the are either close to a police station for example or … just because, it seems. It's again quite random at times and not always makes sense. 

• Beans 3

This is a minor thing but if Kolt 1911 can be found in civilian buildings, why .45 ammo can be found only in military buildings?

25 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

Now, realistically speaking mix of western and eastern armament and gear is very common in former eastern block countries, especially those that joined NATO. It's a natural evolution as well keeping certain reliable standards. However; if I remember correctly up to 0.62 the bases were more thematic. That should perhaps return, now it seems really random. 

True. To get a bit of a mix I believe that you can set up so a smaller amount of one type of item can spawn in a certain tier and more in others and the other way around. For example you could make it go 3 AK:s for every M4 at the airfield while the opposite would apply in Tisy. I'm using this to get MP5:s to only spawn in tier 1-2 military locations but tier 2-3 for police locations. Basically all that is needed is for more tiers to be defined and corresponding changes in the loot tables.

Edited by Derleth

26 minutes ago, Dorka said:

This is a minor thing but if Kolt 1911 can be found in civilian buildings, why .45 ammo can be found only in military buildings?

It's a good point, .45 ammo should not be military exclusive. I would argue that even the FXN pistol should be available in civilian areas, just attachments would be military. Though you can find fully kitted 9mm with light and suppressor in civilian areas. 

7 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

It's a good point, .45 ammo should not be military exclusive. I would argue that even the FXN pistol should be available in civilian areas, just attachments would be military. Though you can find fully kitted 9mm with light and suppressor in civilian areas. 

Yeah I think this is just an oversight in the config files to be honest, it's easily fixed on a private server but it should really be fixed on vanilla too.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 2:47 PM, Derleth said:

so please consider increasing the number of potential loot spawns in these buildings. By a lot.

The big apartment buildings (there are 2 types) will not spawn anything. Their loot values are set to 0. I hope they will remove those assets completely. Except for their height - they are useless, ugly and claustrophobic.

As for Schools - they share the same loot as towns and villages, and while they have a max loot value of 30, they will actually spawn ~3 items (usually a dress and child's bag).

Once Books and Pens will be re-introduced, they will fill the void at schools, but maybe not enough, unless they will have a priority setting for assets.

On 5/30/2020 at 6:10 PM, Tarkules said:

The big apartment buildings (there are 2 types) will not spawn anything. Their loot values are set to 0. I hope they will remove those assets completely. Except for their height - they are useless, ugly and claustrophobic.

As for Schools - they share the same loot as towns and villages, and while they have a max loot value of 30, they will actually spawn ~3 items (usually a dress and child's bag).

Once Books and Pens will be re-introduced, they will fill the void at schools, but maybe not enough, unless they will have a priority setting for assets.

Yeah I tried putting the usage tag "school" on more items to flesh out a bit, but since so few items actually spawn in schools it hasn't had any effect whatsoever. Where would I go about changing the loot value on the apartment buildings? I'm sick of them being completely empty..

The apartment buildings don't have any spawn points for loot, that's why they are set to 0. It won't help if you'll change the values anyway.

Same goes for the City Hall at Novo, the C130 plane at NWAF, the lost Swan of Chernarus and the suspicious farm Hopper in Livonia.

Good afternoon! Fist off I wanna start by saying I’m a newcomer to the game #DayZ and I absolutely love it! I’ve been having one major problem with things that I put inside the wooden boxes tents ect... get stuck in there and I have to wait until the server reset! I have no other complaints about the game I truly love it but if that issue gets fixed it would make playing the game a whole lot better!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Juzazz said:

Good afternoon! Fist off I wanna start by saying I’m a newcomer to the game #DayZ and I absolutely love it! I’ve been having one major problem with things that I put inside the wooden boxes tents ect... get stuck in there and I have to wait until the server reset! I have no other complaints about the game I truly love it but if that issue gets fixed it would make playing the game a whole lot better!

That's awesome dude... many people just say Fuck You when they experience a bug and refund xD thanks for positivity dude 🙂 maybe we can play some time 😄

What a crock of shit.  Does anything protect you from the elements?  I do know the answer is yes, But civ stuff is useless.  At night with all pristine items, jacket, cargo pants and usenka and I was cold and burning calories like they were going out of fashion.  I could understand shorts and T-shirt, but I'm sure I could remain warm in these items.  And no they were not wet.  Then when it does rain I had Firemas trouser and top yet because a few other items were drenched I get the dark blue temp after 1 min.  I'm sure I could stay warm for a lot longer with wet boots and gloves.  FFS you can not have gloves and put your hands in your pockets to keep them warm. The balance is way off.  I have starved more times than I care to mention, but from thirst no.  In real life, it is the thurst that is going to get you first not food.  You can survive a lot longer with no food than water.   I went through vybor and found 2 tin beans, 1 mushroom, 3 pears and 1 potato.  and that was not enough to keep me alive just because I was light blue in temp I was red in food at the sheds east of vybor, searched all vybor then got past just up to pustoshka and was dead.   What do I have to eat a horse?  that in real life would keep me going for a lot longer than this game gives you.  Some serious balancing is required.   I expect it to be hard, but I think its the elements and the lack of protection in the game from them that is the problem.  It's back to mil gear and firmans items, not sure about hunting gear.  But anything else and forget it.  if nothing else it stops diversity in clothing to be worn.  Apologies but this has been an ongoing issue like a lot of things with this game that get bypassed for nice shiny new items where the f is a bit of balancing that haven't sorted durability of suppressers for over a few years now.  Rant over and sorry just frustration at the slow pace in sorting out a game that has been released for over a year now.

9 hours ago, Fing said:

What a crock of shit.  Does anything protect you from the elements?  I do know the answer is yes, But civ stuff is useless.  At night with all pristine items, jacket, cargo pants and usenka and I was cold and burning calories like they were going out of fashion.  I could understand shorts and T-shirt, but I'm sure I could remain warm in these items.  And no they were not wet.  Then when it does rain I had Firemas trouser and top yet because a few other items were drenched I get the dark blue temp after 1 min.  I'm sure I could stay warm for a lot longer with wet boots and gloves.  FFS you can not have gloves and put your hands in your pockets to keep them warm. The balance is way off.  I have starved more times than I care to mention, but from thirst no.  In real life, it is the thurst that is going to get you first not food.  You can survive a lot longer with no food than water.   I went through vybor and found 2 tin beans, 1 mushroom, 3 pears and 1 potato.  and that was not enough to keep me alive just because I was light blue in temp I was red in food at the sheds east of vybor, searched all vybor then got past just up to pustoshka and was dead.   What do I have to eat a horse?  that in real life would keep me going for a lot longer than this game gives you.  Some serious balancing is required.   I expect it to be hard, but I think its the elements and the lack of protection in the game from them that is the problem.  It's back to mil gear and firmans items, not sure about hunting gear.  But anything else and forget it.  if nothing else it stops diversity in clothing to be worn.  Apologies but this has been an ongoing issue like a lot of things with this game that get bypassed for nice shiny new items where the f is a bit of balancing that haven't sorted durability of suppressers for over a few years now.  Rant over and sorry just frustration at the slow pace in sorting out a game that has been released for over a year now.

don't you use hot meat or heatpacks in your pockets to keep you warm?

btw

take off the ushanka first, it's soaking up rain like a sponge.

Edited by ast65

Ha ha ha ha and no as I found none and had none.  Sorry about the laughter.  That sort of stuff I have only found after I have been plating for a while not at the start when you spawn in.

2 hours ago, Fing said:

Ha ha ha ha and no as I found none and had none.  Sorry about the laughter.  That sort of stuff I have only found after I have been plating for a while not at the start when you spawn in.

yeah, it can be tough when you spawn in at night without appropriate clothing.

always seek shelter in houses when your temp goes light blue and try to get a fire going.

don't let your temp go dark blue and eventually you'll find better clothing.

Any chance that players can spawn on a full stomach? You know, so we can at least have a chance of lasting long enough to find a bit of food?

I haven't played in a couple of years and decided to jump back in, but each time I've starved to death within an hour or two of playing.

It's getting kinda silly.

I'm not saying that the world should be choc-a-bloc with goodies, but dying after about an hour after spawning is killing any kind of entertainment the game might have,

16 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Any chance that players can spawn on a full stomach? You know, so we can at least have a chance of lasting long enough to find a bit of food?

I haven't played in a couple of years and decided to jump back in, but each time I've starved to death within an hour or two of playing.

It's getting kinda silly.

I'm not saying that the world should be choc-a-bloc with goodies, but dying after about an hour after spawning is killing any kind of entertainment the game might have,

In vanilla DayZ food is really not a problem. First of all you burn energy faster when sprinting and when you are wet and cold - so when low on food do not sprint, and avoid the rain.

Don’t look primarily for canned food, it is not so common you can rely on it, you need to hunt chickens, look for fruit, mushrooms and - most of all - remember to loot slain infected. They often carry food in their pockets. Also you can grow veggies or hunt larger domestic or wild animals.

If you keep the above in mind food will not be a problem. Also remember the food indicator going white just means “barely out of starving”. Don’t carry food - eat it.

Edited by Derleth

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

Don’t carry food - eat it.

This should be one of the ingame tips 😄 absolutely true for the first few hours as a fresh spawn. There is practically no chance to get stuffed ,so the only reason to put food into the inventory is because you're already eating something else. 

• Beans 1

6 hours ago, Derleth said:

In vanilla DayZ food is really not a problem. First of all you burn energy faster when sprinting and when you are wet and cold - so when low on food do not sprint, and avoid the rain.

Don’t look primarily for canned food, it is not so common you can rely on it, you need to hunt chickens, look for fruit, mushrooms and - most of all - remember to loot slain infected. They often carry food in their pockets. Also you can grow veggies or hunt larger domestic or wild animals.

If you keep the above in mind food will not be a problem. Also remember the food indicator going white just means “barely out of starving”. Don’t carry food - eat it.

I'm either walking or jogging everywhere. Not sprinting. That's actually one of the new mechanics that I like about the release version. Everyone sprinting around the map like a maniac was ridiculous. Plus now you have to be careful about how you tackle zombies too because you can't just run away like before. Although I still think there should be far more of them.

Anyway, back to the food thing. The scarcity of food is ok. But starting off with a half empty stomach is my problem. It forces the player to have to immediately scrap around for food every single time and it's a chore that becomes really tiresome, really fast. As for the type of foodstuff, I'm limiting my searches to anything really. Apples will do just fine. However, so far, I have died before I could get hold of everything needed to make a fire to actually cook the chickens I've slaughtered.

Plus, looting infected is proving to be not that great with yielding goods, I've found.

I'm on my, I'd say, 10th restart in a couple of days, since I jumped back in...and every time I've starved to death with a couple of hours playtime. With my most recent toon, I have about 4 pieces of raw chicken flesh, but no way to cook them and I've eaten all the apples and pears that I scavenged, plus a can of spaghetti. So, unless I can find another apple tree, or matches (or whatever) to start a fire, I'm looking at another starvee real soon.