Greensek

Stable Update 1.07

1 hour ago, Fixthegame said:

useless bow

just because you choose not to use the bow does not make it useless.  it opens a whole new playstyle.  as of right now all that is being worked on is guns, cars, bases, and glitches (keep ironing out the glitches).  this in my mind only sends the game farther down the pew pew road that it is already on and completely ignores the players that dont care about pew pewing at nw.  the players that play to survive.  the people who hit the first town they find and then try to avoid towns and cities altogether for 10+ hours of gameplay.  craftable weapons in my mind and the minds of many others are hugely important and should not be forgotten.  not to mention the awesome ability to kill zeds from a distance without attracting attention.

we have enough guns, if you are going to leave anything out make it helicopters.  there is no need to add a way to cross map in 3 mins.  we need to slow the game down and bring back the people that are playing to survive instead of all these cod players that are here for another br style game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 3

1 hour ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

just because you choose not to use the bow does not make it useless.  it opens a whole new playstyle.  as of right now all that is being worked on is guns, cars, bases, and glitches (keep ironing out the glitches).  this in my mind only sends the game farther down the pew pew road that it is already on and completely ignores the players that dont care about pew pewing at nw.  the players that play to survive.  the people who hit the first town they find and then try to avoid towns and cities altogether for 10+ hours of gameplay.  craftable weapons in my mind and the minds of many others are hugely important and should not be forgotten.  not to mention the awesome ability to kill zeds from a distance without attracting attention.

we have enough guns, if you are going to leave anything out make it helicopters.  there is no need to add a way to cross map in 3 mins.  we need to slow the game down and bring back the people that are playing to survive instead of all these cod players that are here for another br style game.

Spot on mr Trunk. Spot on. When the bow finally returns, the whole coastal zone can finally be rebalanced so assembling a working (low end) firearm will actually take some effort. So finding a bloody derringer and a few bullets will actually feel like an accomplishment. 

For those who want quick loot'n shoot there are modded servers - or other games actually created for their tastes, that are much better suited for that kind of gameplay anyway. Without the giant apparatus of an enormous map, loot economy, persistence, thousands of AI and all other systems a DayZ server needs to keep track of simultaneously in addition to all the coastal warriors running around shooting at each other.

It is actually incredible that DayZ runs as well as it does. I suspect this is also why the Survivor GameZ was abandoned as a DayZ addon, I wouldn't be surprised if it makes another comeback in the future, without the DayZ dependency. DayZ is simply not built for session-based BR style gameplay.

Edited by Derleth
  • Thanks 1

I'm not against the bow but they said it was complicated and given all the problems in the game they have to fix the bugs first knowing that there aren't many in the team, you have to make choices. Fixthegame or add new item

The bow is not new it's an old item, it was in the game for 4 or 5 years, then they took it out when they started developing the game all over again from scratch . you know a fing do over. 

• Beans 1

11 hours ago, Derleth said:

When the bow finally returns, the whole coastal zone can finally be rebalanced so assembling a working (low end) firearm will actually take some effort.

Yes! Bring back the trumpet and Sporter!

Getting the bow/crossbow back in would be amazing, but you all are forgetting improvised tents that are in the game files since 0.63 (or beyond?) I want to make a small tent of animal leather, a campfire and sit next to with my repeater and bow.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

9 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

The bow is not new it's an old item, it was in the game for 4 or 5 years, then they took it out when they started developing the game all over again from scratch . you know a fing do over. 

4 hours ago, amadieus said:

Yes! Bring back the trumpet and Sporter!

Getting the bow/crossbow back in would be amazing, but you all are forgetting improvised tents that are in the game files since 0.63 (or beyond?) I want to make a small tent of animal leather, a campfire and sit next to with my repeater and bow.

It can't be easy to reintroduce them, there might be problems' in any case it takes time.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Fixthegame said:

It can't be easy to reintroduce them, there might be problems' in any case it takes time.

yeah dude... bows before were horrible...unreliable... they wanna make it really really nice and polished before they put them in the game... they could do it easily... have it work like a gun or something... lol which is just nah... and with broken bones that they removed... they are coming back with some other things like limping if you get shot in the leg or something... not related to your HP... and also some art stuff... animations and such... rather then have you forced to go prone when your legs are broken...

• Like 1

I like to play this game but still it needs a lot of work its not stable yet at all.

I still experience a lot of game crashes 2 at least daily especially in my private rented server on xbox one (ex: crashed many cars with loot this way which sucks) on other moments just basic lagging (ex: that when driving  a car it starts to -harry potter- flying around sometimes under the map then after the spike ends it resumes its position on the road) and serious fps drops near city's, also some random items get stuck in car inventory and can not be picked up again unless server reboot.

Sometimes when a player picks up something its still on the ground for the other player but can not pick the same item up, or when i try to give something to the an other player it is not allways visible (need to leave game and rejoin to fix this works almost allways).

Issue when opening a barbed wired fence it makes you bleed if you walk through it when the doorway is clear and the gate fully opened (invisible barbed wire server not tracking?)

I hope this input works to hopefully fix these (anoying) issues in a coming update 1.08 to the console version.

Ps: would be fun if a bus or truck could be driven also since there is a truck battery in the game. =)

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sven BoeitNi said:

I like to play this game but still it needs a lot of work its not stable yet at all.

I still experience a lot of game crashes 2 at least daily especially in my private rented server on xbox one (ex: crashed many cars with loot this way which sucks) on other moments just basic lagging (ex: that when driving  a car it starts to -harry potter- flying around sometimes under the map then after the spike ends it resumes its position on the road) and serious fps drops near city's, also some random items get stuck in car inventory and can not be picked up again unless server reboot.

Sometimes when a player picks up something its still on the ground for the other player but can not pick the same item up, or when i try to give something to the an other player it is not allways visible (need to leave game and rejoin to fix this works almost allways).

Issue when opening a barbed wired fence it makes you bleed if you walk through it when the doorway is clear and the gate fully opened (invisible barbed wire server not tracking?)

I hope this input works to hopefully fix these (anoying) issues in a coming update 1.08 to the console version.

Ps: would be fun if a bus or truck could be driven also since there is a truck battery in the game. 😃

SO you are playing on consoles? So do you know that Consoles run really old hardware right? they are from the time DayZ went Standalone... when it was first released into Early Access... you realize that? Console hardware is old and DayZ was always really hard to run even on high end PCs... now they optimized it a lot... it runs much better ... so much that Console is barely possible.. so the fact that you get fps drops near city is due to outdated hardware... only way to fix it tho is that devs give option to change graphics on consoles... because some settings are unoptimized mainly stupid shadows... and second way is wait for next gen consoles... PS5 and Xbox Series X ... many people don't understand this but DayZ is a next gen game on current gen consoles... and regarding the lag on the server and harry potter cars... that's just a bad server hardware too with probably even shitty internet connection... if you can get a better server and you're set... 
also fps drops happen on PC too when it's shit hardware... for me it happened a lot when the game was on Hard Drive ( HDD ) and when i switched to SSD no more stutters... also DayZ kinda needs 10gb of RAM and consoles have 8gb of ram that is shared between the system and graphics card aka GPU so think about how much RAM is left for the game itself... and DAyZ streams all buildings and trees in... so that's why an SSD eliminates stutters because it's fast compared to slow HDD where you need to wait for it to load stuff on the fly causing a stutter... 
that should be it and i hope you understand 😄 

They made the game available on one because it has to work, it's their responsibility to make it work, if they had told me it was all buggy I wouldn't have bought it in the state just for the desync.

https://systemreqs.com/fr/jeu/dayz  ( minimal 8g ram ) max 12

https://systemreqs.com/fr/jeu/forza-horizon-4 ( minimal 8g ram ) max 12 ) Yet forza works well

i hope you understand 😄  : no😡

Edited by Fixthegame

22 hours ago, Sven BoeitNi said:

Ps: would be fun if a bus or truck could be driven also since there is a truck battery in the game. 😃

I forgot to mention another exploit that i hope gets fixed soon being: the car parts stacking over a base fence glitch. Hardly any point in building if they can just hop over with car parts when your not online..

1 hour ago, Sven BoeitNi said:

I forgot to mention another exploit that i hope gets fixed soon being: the car parts stacking over a base fence glitch. Hardly any point in building if they can just hop over with car parts when your not online..

that was fixed in 1.07 but it was causing some other issues so that fix was reverted and post poned to come back in 1.08 🙂 

Hello all,  Currently on ver: 1.07.153006 and when running on a personal server just running on my PC the inventory and all item options completely goes away.  Re-logging or rebooting the server does not fix the issue.  Only fix I have found is to die and respawn.  

-Issue happens when a gun is placed in the hands or when selected from the hotbar to be able to shoot it.  After that going into inventory there the ability to scroll, move items, hover over for description, and even picking up items from the ground are lost with no prompt saying what you can do with that item (pick up, hold, combine).

- I have not had this happen with any other item when placing it in my hands (bat, clothes, food) only guns.

Why is there no option to remember password for servers and why doesn't enter work to confirm the password? 
I image consoles players gave up password protecting their server about two days after console release. Just ... a huge WTF here. 

On 2/21/2020 at 2:36 PM, LoveAffair said:

Why do you need to jump over ? Can't you break a wall down in 2 min with a hatchet and duct tape on official ?  Not sure why they don't boost the strength of the walls on official servers. Like every private server has done to make it even a little bit of a hassle to break in.

hi there, are walls on community servers for console improved? are you on console or pc?

So, just logged after 6 months to see if something  has changed... Get killed 2x times in a row along with my friend instantly by a cheater with infinite ammo...

10/10  -   Opravte si tu hru, nebo ji radši někomu prodejte,  Dík.

2 hours ago, thag said:

So, just logged after 6 months to see if something  has changed... Get killed 2x times in a row along with my friend instantly by a cheater with infinite ammo...

10/10  -   Opravte si tu hru, nebo ji radši někomu prodejte,  Dík.

Yo how do people encounter cheaters? i have literally never encountered one... ever... in DayZ xD probably because i play on modded community servers...

8 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Yo how do people encounter cheaters? i have literally never encountered one... ever... in DayZ xD probably because i play on modded community servers...

Ye maybe thats the reason you will never find one...  I mostly played on public servers just because i hate mods and prefer vanilla servers, but community servers is 99% modded with trader and other crap...

But after yesterday i'm  convinced that I will never play on Public again, just because it has no moderation at all, battle eye protection does nothing as there are reported cheaters by daily basis... 

Thats really sad fact, that only community servers keeping this game alive.

11 hours ago, thag said:

Ye maybe thats the reason you will never find one...  I mostly played on public servers just because i hate mods and prefer vanilla servers, but community servers is 99% modded with trader and other crap...

But after yesterday i'm  convinced that I will never play on Public again, just because it has no moderation at all, battle eye protection does nothing as there are reported cheaters by daily basis... 

Thats really sad fact, that only community servers keeping this game alive.

i mean you can find a server that's hard like vanilla if not harder and yet it's modded and honestly Trump's Wall is poop don't go there... like bruh... highly modded server... with 100 players constant... there will be issues just bound to happen xD don't you just like when people buy the game join either public vanilla server and get rekt by either hacker or some bugs that apparently only/mostly happens on official servers or they just a super highly unstable modded servers and get rekt by even worse issues and they call game poop give bad review and refund... like bruh... 
but yeah you can find nice vanilla-ish community servers... like they are modded but have the mods that only improve on base game like idk add content... guns... clothes etc... maybe add more cars and shit... and what's wrong with Traders? i think cars bought from Traders are more stable then naturally spawned ones... ooh and also that mod BaseBuilding plus which adds really nice base building parts and stuff... and also maybe C4 for raiding etc  is cool 😄 

1000`s of hours on the game and finally give up. We are retiring our last two vanilla public hive servers as the game is just no fun any more and at nearly a £100 a month in server costs for 0 dev or support from BI.

Whilst the game looks lovely, as it should for the time its been in dev! It is just unplayable in its current form.

Few of the "better bugs".. Please bare in mind these are not just one-off experiences either, 1000`s of hours..

1. For no apparent reason you are unable to fire any weapons, reload, use mele etc. Nothing works and you have to re-log. Problem is you tend to not find this out until your life is on the line..

2. Unable to re-load your weapon, again see above, usually mid fire-fight or whilst dealing with zombies glitching through doors 😞

3. Cars, you can be driving down the road and one of the following will happen:-

a, The car will flip upside down for no reason and kill everyone inside. This can happen at 100kph or completely stationary.

b, The car will hit an imaginary object in the road and damage it beyond repair, yes that car that took the last two hours to find. Often injures the players inside too.

c, 50% of the time when you exit the vehicle your character can lose upto 50% of their health, no reason just like you are being electrocuted by the car.

d, If you leave a car in one spot, when you come back you will find it 20 yards down a hill and ruined. No its no other players instead when the server reboots it hops all over the shop and eventually ruins beyond repair. 

e, Leave a car in a "CAR TENT" and it will get ruined and disappear.

f, Open a gate to close to a car and it will right off the car and kill everyone inside.

4. Base Building .....

a, No matter how well you build a base it either takes less than a minute to smash your way in, or you simply stack crap stand on it, repeat and levitate into mid-air and jump over the fence.

b, Barb-wire is 0 deterrent if you have a pair of pliers, oh that is unless it turns invisible and kills you when you are unable to see it. Oh or attach it to a gate, in becomes invisible and see Car 3,f above.

c, Indestructible tents, yep you heard it. They can take clips of ammo and take no damage and in turn block doorways.

d, You can bypass pretty much any walled structure David ala Copperfield stylee, simply drive up to the building in question, leap out your vehicle and melt straight through the wall ready to be greeted by your glamorous assistant inside. And someones base.

e, Structure placement. Unless the ground has been leveled by laser you wont be placing anything.

f, build a watch tower with a wall and its too high to shoot over.

This game was more functional a decade ago than it is now. I have argued for this game, tried to convince friends to carry on playing it, paid for server rental but its time to call it a day. The Devs give 0 feedback or encouragement, infact they seem to be closing dev warehouses. They refuse to allude to any timescales and the general attitude towards development and the games supporters just stinks.

Just look at the player numbers and server rentals. Gutted but dayz is dead.

May it rest in peace, was a great game for many years.

• Beans 3

When to wait for 1.08 patch?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BORIZZ.K said:

When to wait for 1.08 patch?

major updates whether Experimental or Stable usually drop on Tuesday... so i expect an update every tuesday... it's either tuesday or thursday... we need new update it's been long xD can't wait... plz devs tease us or something xDD