Greensek

DayZ in 2020

I’m not sure why but me and a few buddies are all having the same issue right now, hopefully the devs will notice but I haven’t seen anything online about it besides your post I’ll reply back on here if I see or hear anything

On 4/28/2020 at 6:59 PM, lex__1 said:

Proverb - No smoke without fire.
Author - creator of the game
Sponsor - Players
Since the game is in development, the sponsor wants to know:
- prospects for the development of the game
- game fix steps
- Responses to proposals for the new implementation of features and content.
The author "modestly" informs the sponsor about current events and prospects, which causes an unhealthy atmosphere.

Holy shit, had to come back to this comment. So clean.

• Beans 1

Just now, RussianReavers said:

Does Day Z support cross-platform play Xbox with PC?

No.

Excerpt from the Bohemia Recap - May 2020 [https://www.bohemia.net/blog/bohemia-recap-may-2020]

"The DayZ team is making good progress with Update 1.08. We'll share more details soon, but you can expect a number of new features and assets, as well as many bug fixes and balancing tweaks. It'll be worth the wait!"

"A number of new features". I am curious.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

I can understand that they still have positions open. No sane person wants the Dayz stain on their resume.

• Haha 2

If there's no more big updates with new gameplay mechanics coming to DayZ in 2020 I'm going to uninstall. There's just not enough content. RIP.
Providing a clear roadmap with goals for the next two updates would give everyone hope.

Edited by Nicklander

hello guys

one thing that should be fixed ASAP is the car lagging   everytime i drive a car the car tries to stutter left or right or unexplainery flip over onto its roof before it desides to let me drive it

yesterday i totaled a car due to lag    ( 20KM sign post 1 - car 0)  i wasnt happy  the car actually stuttered/Lagged into that signpost i couldnt do anything to stop it  the cars need fixed asap.

also when i get into my car its starts to kinda jump etc  

not good when the server admin is looking at me as if its my fault  or that i cant drive  when the damn car desides to take itself off the road 

Edited by Mickey-6460d3e6399c69a5

hello,

will tripwire be implemented this year???

I have more than 1000 hours of play to continue like this!

Thank

Hey, ya'll remember when we were disappointed, that there were only 5 updates planned for 2020?

Well, we get to be glad, that we will be updated, if the release date of the 3rd update in 2020 is going to be later then SEPTEMBER. hahahahahAHHAHAHAHHHCCHHHHH......

Edited by 0.64 Freerider
  • Sad 1

On 7/16/2020 at 2:05 PM, Mickey-6460d3e6399c69a5 said:

hello guys

one thing that should be fixed ASAP is the car lagging   everytime i drive a car the car tries to stutter left or right or unexplainery flip over onto its roof before it desides to let me drive it

yesterday i totaled a car due to lag    ( 20KM sign post 1 - car 0)  i wasnt happy  the car actually stuttered/Lagged into that signpost i couldnt do anything to stop it  the cars need fixed asap.

also when i get into my car its starts to kinda jump etc  

not good when the server admin is looking at me as if its my fault  or that i cant drive  when the damn car desides to take itself off the road 

That is a classic case of shitty server performance, cars do not behave like that on healthy servers. The server either has too many mods, too many players, shitty hardware or a combination of all three. Once server FPS gets too low, cars will start behaving like you describe. That said, the way a lag spike can cause a car to change direction - without you even touching the keyboard - is something that really needs to be looked at. Vehicles are also way too sensitive to fluctuations in the net, even if the driver himself has good internet, just one nearby player on crappy connection can trigger desync that will cause harry potter events even on a stable server.

Any chance of a 2020 summary roundup and a few words about the goals for 2021?

As a player and server owner I must say I am mostly happy with how 2020 has turned out, especially considering how the year has been for the world in general. The server performance problems at 1.10 launch were scary, and I personally had hoped the bow would be back at this point. If I am to wish for a few things for the coming year it would be this, in order of priority:

1. Stabilised server performance, netcode and physics. Meaning that you once and for all do away with hand state desync, reloading glitches, jumpy vehicles at low server fps or desync.

2. Improvised bows

3. The last few legacy features still missing from vanilla - remaining leather crafting recipes, dyeing, spray painting, notes and books, fish and trip wire traps, weapon bipods.

4. Base building improvements: Please add ways to fortify existing bulidings into bases without needing to clip fences into structures in hackish ways. Bolting/barring doors to put locks on them, doorway sized free standing doors, window barricades. Also walls with doors and/or windows and a simple roof matching them, or a separate log cabin building. All of these things exist as mods already but should really be part of the basic base building package.

5. Polish. Various clothing and gear clipping issues (ski masks and basically any hat, guns sticking out of vehicle roofs etc), sound effects cutting out when there are lots of infected, bodies getting stuck in mid-air, zombies and other AI clipping half way through doors and walls (especially bears are horrible, you literally think they are on their way to walk straight through the wall). That kinda thing.

6. Other stuff. Remaining legacy guns, more ambient life (birds and small animals) and maybe - just maybe - bikes and motor bikes..

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, Derleth said:

Any chance of a 2020 summary roundup and a few words about the goals for 2021?

As a player and server owner I must say I am mostly happy with how 2020 has turned out, especially considering how the year has been for the world in general. The server performance problems at 1.10 launch were scary, and I personally had hoped the bow would be back at this point. If I am to wish for a few things for the coming year it would be this, in order of priority:

1. Stabilised server performance, netcode and physics. Meaning that you once and for all do away with hand state desync, reloading glitches, jumpy vehicles at low server fps or desync.

2. Improvised bows

3. The last few legacy features still missing from vanilla - remaining leather crafting recipes, dyeing, spray painting, notes and books, fish and trip wire traps, weapon bipods.

4. Base building improvements: Please add ways to fortify existing bulidings into bases without needing to clip fences into structures in hackish ways. Bolting/barring doors to put locks on them, doorway sized free standing doors, window barricades. Also walls with doors and/or windows and a simple roof matching them, or a separate log cabin building. All of these things exist as mods already but should really be part of the basic base building package.

5. Polish. Various clothing and gear clipping issues (ski masks and basically any hat, guns sticking out of vehicle roofs etc), sound effects cutting out when there are lots of infected, bodies getting stuck in mid-air, zombies and other AI clipping half way through doors and walls (especially bears are horrible, you literally think they are on their way to walk straight through the wall). That kinda thing.

6. Other stuff. Remaining legacy guns, more ambient life (birds and small animals) and maybe - just maybe - bikes and motor bikes..

If we had all of that in 2021 then that’d be that best year of updates by far, fills the game out to what it’s meant to be and makes it stable with alternatives to cars to keep those group somewhat happy and if they managed to make it as stable as it can be then I feel a lot of the problems will be quashed with it regarding cars anyhow.

I’d say those goals are reasonable, not excessive content but brings the immersion we are all craving again.

(PS, Basebuilding idea seems like that should of been the option from the get go as makes a whole lot more sense than building castles in the centre of towns when there’s building already there to be used)

24 minutes ago, lJamesHalel1 said:

(PS, Basebuilding idea seems like that should of been the option from the get go as makes a whole lot more sense than building castles in the centre of towns when there’s building already there to be used)

What should have been an option from the get go?   VEHICLES THAT ACTUALLY WORK EVERY TIME YOU USE THEM.  3+ YEARS AND VEHICLES ARE STILL UNRELIABLE!  Just yesterday, on a server running a 3900X Processor with 16 GB of memory and 2 players online, I watched a V3S spin like a tornado into the ocean.  No one in it, it was on flat concrete and it just began bouncing and eventually started spinning in mid air and made it's way to the coast and ocean, and that was on NAMALSK which has far better performance than Chernarus could ever have. 

My signature says it all for 2021, nothing less is acceptable, please no more hats, just fix the vehicles to be reliable and consistent.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman

8 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

What should have been an option from the get go?   VEHICLES THAT ACTUALLY WORK EVERY TIME YOU USE THEM.  3+ YEARS AND VEHICLES ARE STILL UNRELIABLE!  Just yesterday, on a server running a 3900X Processor with 16 GB of memory and 2 players online, I watched a V3S spin like a tornado into the ocean.  No one in it, it was on flat concrete and it just began bouncing and eventually started spinning in mid air and made it's way to the coast and ocean, and that was on NAMALSK which has far better performance than Chernarus could ever have. 

My signature says it all for 2021, nothing less is acceptable, please no more hats, just fix the vehicles to be reliable and consistent.

Yeah that’s all issue related, basebuilding never had to be an issue when there was an alternative option that would simplify the process in general whereas cars aren’t really necessary as fixing stability within the code etc should help that out in the process too which is why I never went to in-depth as it’s been spoken about that many times normally on the daily.

Plus it’s a lot longer the 3+ years, double it and that’s how long the issues have been around, vehicles are more end game when we lack the middle game content anyhow so imo vehicles can wait until they get everything else crossed off the list just be grateful you have them regardless as Derleth stated about bows about hoping it’d be in this year because he wants that content yet never acted like a child about it. Gave valid points and suggestions which I agreed with, can’t say the same in regards to yours personally.

Edited by lJamesHalel1
My Dicklexia caused issues.

When vehicles were first implemented in Standalone, they worked ok.  They had issues, weren't persistent, etc, but they were reliable for the most part, then they made them server sided, biggest blunder ever.  So they took many weapons away for the engine change, and fixing them as they bring them in, but whatever they have done for vehicles has not worked and they are unreliable as hell.  It's not issue related, it was AND STILL IS a boneheaded decision to stop people from hacking vehicles, which, BTW, they are still hacking the shit out of everything else on DayZ Public servers.  So wow, hackers can't touch vehicles now.  Whoopie, but they can still pretty much do anything else they want to do, AND normal players can't reliably use vehicles to gather equipment and  base building materials without becoming astronauts.  So, it was AND STILL is a terrible mechanic for players and needs to be fixed once and for all.  Unreliable vehicles and DESYNC kill this game for most people.

18 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

When vehicles were first implemented in Standalone, they worked ok.  They had issues, weren't persistent, etc, but they were reliable for the most part, then they made them server sided, biggest blunder ever.  So they took many weapons away for the engine change, and fixing them as they bring them in, but whatever they have done for vehicles has not worked and they are unreliable as hell.  It's not issue related, it was AND STILL IS a boneheaded decision to stop people from hacking vehicles, which, BTW, they are still hacking the shit out of everything else on DayZ Public servers.  So wow, hackers can't touch vehicles now.  Whoopie, but they can still pretty much do anything else they want to do, AND normal players can't reliably use vehicles to gather equipment and  base building materials without becoming astronauts.  So, it was AND STILL is a terrible mechanic for players and needs to be fixed once and for all.  Unreliable vehicles and DESYNC kill this game for most people.

I can do everything in game without the need or use of vehicles but I know people like them but the game is playable without vehicles even being a part of the game which may make it tedious for some but all the mechanics are still doable and useable without them so that’s why it can’t wait in my personal opinion.

More depth into the game with building, survival, immersion adds more dynamic and engrosses everyone regardless of vehicles, that’s beneficial to the games long term survival because it becomes stale after 100s of hours but I solo so that’s probably my own fault.

Hackers aren’t really an issue for me so can’t say much on that, I just don’t see how fixing vehicles now will help the game when it’s lacking fundamental stuff in relation to the actual survival aspects as more content/stability fixes benefits everyone and will help the game progress faster in the long run(hopefully).

Edited by lJamesHalel1
-

Vehicles have been a HUGE part of DayZ since the mod.  They are far more important on the larger maps as that is how you move around quickly and carry items to and from bases.  Yes, you can build a base without a vehiclein many, many hours of work, or you can cut that time down significantly with a vehicle.  Raiding bases and towing gear is much simpler with a vehicle as well.  Vehicles really are not end game, but they are a necessary mechanic toward end game.

Did they ever say how many years have passed since the civilization ending event in this game?   The more years that have passed the less likely it is we'd have vehicles, the ability to repair them, find refined fuels, coolant, grease, motor oil, etc.

Edited by VodkaFish

3 hours ago, VodkaFish said:

Did they ever say how many years have passed since the civilization ending event in this game?   The more years that have passed the less likely it is we'd have vehicles, the ability to repair them, find refined fuels, coolant, grease, motor oil, etc.

Considering that the bodies lying around in open mass graves aren't the least bit decomposed, I'd say Day Zero when you wake up on the beach is no more than a few weeks after the event. The way most roads are free of clutter, town houses in good conditions, military tents not in tatters and haybales from the latest harvests are left around fields and so on also speak for this. On the other hand most car wrecks look like they've been rusting for years, so the world is a bit inconsistent. I like some of the mods adding more clutter and overgrowth to make the world seem more post-apocalyptic. Chernarus is generally too clean to have gone through an apocalypse...

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Derleth said:

Considering that the bodies lying around in open mass graves aren't the least bit decomposed, I'd say Day Zero when you wake up on the beach is no more than a few weeks after the event. The way most roads are free of clutter, town houses in good conditions, military tents not in tatters and haybales from the latest harvests are left around fields and so on also speak for this. On the other hand most car wrecks look like they've been rusting for years, so the world is a bit inconsistent. I like some of the mods adding more clutter and overgrowth to make the world seem more post-apocalyptic. Chernarus is generally too clean to have gone through an apocalypse...

Yep, I wonder about this too and exactly for the same reasons. To me it always made more sense that "the event" happened hours or days ago. It's still ok to have areas and things abandoned for years if not decades. It's just that in some details it is weird. 

• Like 1

another question I have about the start is why am I in a T-shirt and cutoffs if I live in a frigid climate?   

Considering that the bodies lying around in open mass graves aren't the least bit decomposed, I'd say Day Zero when you wake up on the beach is no more than a few weeks after the event.

Mass graves?  is that in some sort of intro?  I don't remember seeing it.