Greensek

Stable Update 1.06

22 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Does anyone know if an Epi-pen, taken before the fight, prevents from getting KOed?

IRL epipen application without a cause would result in something like increased heart rate, so it should not have any prevention effect. 

58 minutes ago, Kopareo said:

Its now a week since this (yet another) empty promise without any progress.
It's been 42 days since you implementend this absolutely game breaking inventory bug without having fixed it.

I guess i have to post now every day an update, because you seem not to care at all. Still. Just empty promises that come from this developer. I mean, seriously. 42 days to fix a bug that changes the game completely, because you cant loot, have to stand within military zones for 10 minutes still trying to fiddle some item into your inventory? And then trying to fiddle it for an hour in your base into a barrel/tent?

Hi,

We do care and our Dev Team is still working on it, but we can't still promise a date for it to be solved.

It is indeed taking way longer than we would like, but we will make sure to have this fixed as soon as we can.

• Beans 3

9 minutes ago, Greensek said:

Hi,

We do care and our Dev Team is still working on it, but we can't still promise a date for it to be solved.

It is indeed taking way longer than we would like, but we will make sure to have this fixed as soon as we can.

This would really be a good time to elaborate. What causes the issue and why? What resolutions are the devs exploring and what is the state of those, especially considering that the is a reoccurring one? Which should also answer, why is the resolution estimate in flux? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

This would really be a good time to elaborate. What causes the issue and why? What resolutions are the devs exploring and what is the state of those, especially considering that the is a reoccurring one? Which should also answer, why is the resolution estimate in flux? 

This. Anyone who played the early days of 0.63 experimental will remember the awful Battleye: Client not responding kicks that took a number of patches to fix. Back then we were at least provided with a little bit of information about the work, as well as a somewhat detailed breakdown of the cause and solution once it was solved. I don't think anybody expects a 10-page essay about these things, but just a little more information to give us some background and understanding would not hurt. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

10 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

IRL epipen application without a cause would result in something like increased heart rate, so it should not have any prevention effect. 

IRL I'd never use an epi-pen on myself. 😄 Which I do on Livonia mostly to carry heavy stuff.

On 1/22/2020 at 12:08 PM, Greensek said:

Hi,

Then give us more information. I would really like to be understandable and not have to bash you guys. But without information, all what is left is missbelieve from our side. And as long as it is not fixed:

Daily Reminder: 43 days without a Fix for the game-breaking inventory-bug.

• Beans 1

On 1/22/2020 at 3:08 AM, Greensek said:

Hi,

But you  (and by that I mean, the people making decisions regarding what can and can't be communicated to the community) understand why these kinds of responses are frustrating for the community, right? Particularly with the lack of results in terms of stability, with the same issues plaguing this game that have plagued it for literally years? It creates the impression that this game is not a priority for Bohemia Interactive, and that DayZ is simply running on fumes until the plug is pulled.

We don't have any clue what's causing the issues, if the Dev Team knows, what is being done to fix it, what has worked, what hasn't, or how many people are still even working on the game. The only consistent thing we can see from the community side is that server performance is generally, god awful.  

"We are working on it" only gets you so far. I don't think this is a lie necessarily, but it's just...hard to have any faith that these issues will be fixed, and we will get any meaningful content updates in the future, when core functionality is still a massive issue.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, so cholera.

You throw up, and then you throw up again, and suddenly your health is ticking down every second and you are almost dead - all within the span of 5 minutes. Right, cholera kills in 5 minutes.

Cholera, more like space aids.

8 hours ago, Buakaw said:

Ok, so cholera.

You throw up, and then you throw up again, and suddenly your health is ticking down every second and you are almost dead - all within the span of 5 minutes. Right, cholera kills in 5 minutes.

Cholera, more like space aids.

So here I wonder what effect does the sped up time has on everything? Are we hungry every 20 minutes because the time is 6x faster? Same goes for diseases and … well everything. Otherwise it's a load of crap. But you know what is funny about cholera? You immediately go down on your health and all, but then run around with the lowest amount of health for another good 10-15 minutes or so. It's ridiculous. Back on Livonia experimental, I got cholera with almost all of my chars and when you think ok, at least this will be over quick you have serious trouble dying. I usually had to find infected or shoot myself to finally end it. 

On 1/22/2020 at 12:08 PM, Greensek said:

Hi,

Daily Reminder: It's been 44 days since you implemented the game-breaking inventory-bug without a fix.

Dont forget: You implemented this with a DLC that many of us (including me) paid for. So you took more of my money, to give me a more broken game. And you refuse to fix it. You refuse to invest all ressources into fixing this. By the lack of information there is just one conclusion left: You knew that you released a broken DLC and Patch, so you can earn some cash on top, without having to invest any of it.

9 hours ago, thepoey said:

But you  (and by that I mean, the people making decisions regarding what can and can't be communicated to the community) understand why these kinds of responses are frustrating for the community, right? Particularly with the lack of results in terms of stability, with the same issues plaguing this game that have plagued it for literally years? It creates the impression that this game is not a priority for Bohemia Interactive, and that DayZ is simply running on fumes until the plug is pulled.

We don't have any clue what's causing the issues, if the Dev Team knows, what is being done to fix it, what has worked, what hasn't, or how many people are still even working on the game. The only consistent thing we can see from the community side is that server performance is generally, god awful.  

"We are working on it" only gets you so far. I don't think this is a lie necessarily, but it's just...hard to have any faith that these issues will be fixed, and we will get any meaningful content updates in the future, when core functionality is still a massive issue.  

Hi!

We can't go into technical details, but what I can say is that the progress for the inventory fix is looking pretty good and we are currently doing internal testing.

This is all I can say at the moment.

• Like 2
  • Beans 7

"With 2020 around the corner, we are finishing our new roadmap, and we will share our goals, highlight the key updates, and talk a bit about this second year of post-release support, in January."

- This announcement should be coming out next week yeah? Running out of days in January. Good news on that fix. Hopefully both the fix and announcement come sometime next week. 

• Beans 2

Ah come on, nobody is interested in this roadmap or goals.
Trust is like a mirrow - broken is broken.

Try to fix the bugs, try to boost the server performance a bit and support modders a bit more.

1.4 was the best version so far, one crash per week and still 100FPS after 4h runtime with 111 players.

Edited by Fun Automat

On 1/24/2020 at 8:50 AM, William Sternritter said:

So here I wonder what effect does the sped up time has on everything? Are we hungry every 20 minutes because the time is 6x faster? Same goes for diseases and … well everything. Otherwise it's a load of crap. But you know what is funny about cholera? You immediately go down on your health and all, but then run around with the lowest amount of health for another good 10-15 minutes or so. It's ridiculous. Back on Livonia experimental, I got cholera with almost all of my chars and when you think ok, at least this will be over quick you have serious trouble dying. I usually had to find infected or shoot myself to finally end it. 

Pretty sure it only affects how fast the sun sets.

As for cholera, I think I contracted it a total of 3 times, and the two times before I had enough food and drinks to simply outlast it even without meds. But damn you if you don't have enough to drink, you will dehydrate and die within 5 minutes. Didn't know that, pretty harsh.

Also, maybe it's time to bring back arma damage and ballistics on PC? Why do we need to put up with these dumbed down console mechanics?

Edited by Buakaw

19 hours ago, Fun Automat said:

Ah come on, nobody is interested in this roadmap or goals.

Try to fix the bugs

I agree, and tbh a roadmap or progress log on where they are with fixing bugs etc like everyone is nagging about, just makes no difference what so ever. We won't get the patches any sooner. It gets fixed when it gets fixed, we can choose to play or don't. Personally I haven't played in a month because I fired blanks or "ghost bullets" in pretty much every gunfight I got into, or couldn't reload mags, or couldn't even take out the mags. Plus that damn hand bug. Let's just hope it gets resolved soon.

10 hours ago, Buakaw said:

Pretty sure it only affects how fast the sun sets.

As for cholera, I think I contracted it a total of 3 times, and the two times before I had enough food and drinks to simply outlast it even without meds. But damn you if you don't have enough to drink, you will dehydrate and die within 5 minutes. Didn't know that, pretty harsh.

Also, maybe it's time to bring back arma damage and ballistics on PC? Why do we need to put up with these dumbed down console mechanics?

I don't know what you mean by arma damage, but I wholeheartedly agree if you mean like 0.62 damage and health..

@Greensek

There are serious balance issues in dayz that needs to get adressed. Please hear me out.

I'm growing insanely tired of getting one tapped/one tapping people by every damn .308 or 7.62x54 bullet unless you have a plate carrier. Or bleeding out to near death form a cut in the hand, forcing us to abort every situation to bandage immediately or die in seconds. Bullet damage needs to be re-balanced, atleast these high calibers so we don't straight up just die from one shot with full health, even with a pressvest on.

Everything is so immediate these days, and it's so limiting to the gameplay. If we get wet, we start to die in 5 seconds. If we drink dirty water, we get sick in seconds and start to vomit and die. If we're cut from anything, we bleed out like our throat was slit. If we're knocked unconscious, we wake up right away (and btw we can still hear, and see the hotbar/status bar while uncon ffs.. get that shit out, it should be a black screen with no icons and no sound)

Why can't we get back the 0.62 blood-damage system? Where a small cut was a small cut, and instead we lose a big chunk of blood from taking a bullet (depending on the caliber), but the bleed rate being manageable.. This also allowed for the far better shock system we had in the game, being uncon for a lot longer periods (compared to the 10-20 seconds or whatever it is now) and still being able to survive.

Items inside clothing, vests and backpacks should also take A LOT more damage like in 0.62 when getting shot, this adds value to protector cases and forces us to prioritize what to protect. It also gives us new objectives after a fight to search for new items because stuff is ruined from getting shot. The looting process is much more interesting when we actually are in need of supplies once in a while. Instead of like now, we get shot to pieces and we really don't even need to loot.

Items should also spawn in damaged states, making pristine ammo and scopes valuable. And PLEASE remove the ability to fix everything with duct tape, I beg you, it just devalues weapon cleaning kits, sewing kits etc.

Also get rid of the shoes wearing out so damn fast, it's just annoying.

And speaking of loot, the CLE needs major rework, I find mosin and blaze rifles from Svetlo to Cherno, they're the most powerful guns in the game and should be alot harder to find.

I've posted this before, but here are some suggestions to the CLE:

The spawn zones should offer .22, 380 and 9mm weapons/ammo, some occasional izh rifles and shotguns, and rarely some loose 7.62x39 rounds or shotgun shells in low numbers like 2-5.

The military zones needs better tier systems, like:

TIER 1 - Svetlojarsk checkpoint, Berezino, Elektro and Cherno - Scorpions, 9mm and .45 pistols and mags, maybe some loose 7.62 rounds. And low end clothing like tactical shirts and bomber jackets. Assault vests, no backpacks.

TIER 2 - Staroye, Gorka/Dubrovka checkpoint, Balota airfield, Krasnostav airfield, Gvozdno checkpoint, Severograd checkpoint   - MP5, UMP, and on rare occasions SKS. Smoke and flash grenades. Gorka and USMC clothing, SSh-68 and Gorka helmets. 7.62x39, 5.45, .45, 9mm, 9x39 and 5.56. NOT BOXES, just loose ammo of 10 or less. And a chance of magazines for all tiers of military weapons. Scopes and red dots for military weapons. Bigger vests and backpacks. And everything lower tier items.

TIER 3 - Kamenka checkpoint, Stary sobor, VMC, Kamensk base, Zelenogorsk base and NWAF. - SKS, UMP, AK-74 variants, VSS, and all the lower tier military weapons. Frag grenades. All types of military clothing and helmets. All types of ammo 15 or less. And everything lower tier items.

TIER 4 - Myshkino base, Lopatino chekpoint and Tisy base. - M4, all AK variants, chance of BOX ammo for 7.62x39, 5.45, .45, 9mm, 9x39 and 5.56. Plate carrier. Tactical helmet, NVG. Tactical bacon. And everything lower tier items.

TIER 5 - Chopper crash. - SVD, FAL. BOXES of .308 and 7.62x54. Tactical bacon. Plate carrier. Mags and ammo boxes for all other weapons. Grenades.

Hunting gear. Deerstands needs a higher chance of PU and hunting scopes. The summer camps should not spawn boxes of ammo, only rare loose .308 og 7.62, and good chance of hunting backpacks and clothing and some food.

The big cities also needs special items or atleast some kind of tier system. This is a IMPORTANT point.

Like Severograd in 0.62 used to have a high chance of Winchester Model 70 or CR-527 spawn, and pressvest, boxes of 9mm and shotgun ammo.

Kamenka town and Chernaya polana had high chance of Mosin, Repeater or Blaze.

Novodmitrovsk had pump shotguns, etc.

There were also higher chances of finding rice, powdered milk in the cities inland. These factors brought people to loot these cool places and resulted in alot of player encounters.

Now these cities are almost completely dead, because we have nothing drawing us to them.

Edited by TAMW
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2

8 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

Did this go on live yet?

Yes, that's on stable.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 1/25/2020 at 7:03 PM, TAMW said:

There are serious balance issues in dayz that needs to get adressed. Please hear me out.

I'm growing insanely tired of getting one tapped/one tapping people by every damn .308 or 7.62x54 bullet unless you have a plate carrier. Or bleeding out to near death form a cut in the hand, forcing us to abort every situation to bandage immediately or die in seconds. Bullet damage needs to be re-balanced, atleast these high calibers so we don't straight up just die from one shot with full health, even with a pressvest on.

308s shouldn't one tap? You literally can run faster than usain bolt, if someone hits you with the best bullet in the game they deserve that kill, not to mention the damage drop off over range. If anything, bullet damage needs an increase, i always thought this game was about unforgiving realism, all i get is bullet sponge fights where everyone abuses the usain bolt sprint, i don't think I've ever had a gunfight where anyone trys to utilize cover. Positioning means barely a thing when you can usain bolt sprint to a better position within seconds,  I'm suprised nobody talks about how over powered the sprint is, i think it's a comfort thing, people have grown used to not being penalized for making a bad decision on behalf of their positioning. A few ideas that used to be in the game that would balance the run & gun meta, we need more sway when breathe isn't full, hip fire sway, slower ads times, with that the run & gun meta would be.. Well it wouldn't be meta. I agree with the rest, sorry for the tangent.

Edited by Robzom11
  • Beans 1

5 hours ago, Robzom11 said:

308s shouldn't one tap? You literally can run faster than usain bolt, if someone hits you with the best bullet in the game they deserve that kill, not to mention the damage drop off over range. If anything, bullet damage needs an increase, i always thought this game was about unforgiving realism, all i get is bullet sponge fights where everyone abuses the usain bolt sprint, i don't think I've ever had a gunfight where anyone trys to utilize cover. Positioning means barely a thing when you can usain bolt sprint to a better position within seconds,  I'm suprised nobody talks about how over powered the sprint is, i think it's a comfort thing, people have grown used to not being penalized for making a bad decision on behalf of their positioning. A few ideas that used to be in the game that would balance the run & gun meta, we need more sway when breathe isn't full, hip fire sway, slower ads times, with that the run & gun meta would be.. Well it wouldn't be meta. I agree with the rest, sorry for the tangent.

I don't know where you play, but I only play 1pp on vanilla or preferably more hardcore modded servers (since vanilla dayz isn't anything remotely close the the hardcore experience I found and fell in love with in 0.61), and there definitely are more skilled players around than the silly full sprint zigzag quick scope combat you describe. The downside for me is that every hardcore modded server has those ridiculous basebuilding mods where the entire map is filled with massive structures they hide in, and it totally ruins it.

I pray to everything holy that the devs doesn't make basebuilding in vanilla any better, we'll just end up with that bullshit in every damn server.

I totally agree on the speed, we are too fast. On vanilla when we carry gear the stamina slow us down quite a bit, but we recover so damn fast with basically no penalty. I'm with you, I think we should have breathing back like in 0.62 where it took around 30-40 seconds to recover the sway and stop making breathing sounds in addition to a tad slowed down sprint speed. We also shouldn't be able to full sprint uphill I think, that is just silly.

But I disagree on the unforgiving realism part, dayz should still be fun, and not being able to survive a .308 shot even with a pressvest on and full health, I feel takes away from the gameplay. Especially taking into account how stupidly easy it is to obtain a mosin or blaze with scope and ammo.

Instead make it so (with full health) unprotected, we go uncon with red blinking health from .308/7.62x54 chest shot. Then with a antistab on, uncon and red health. With pressvest, red health but still conscious. That would still make them extremely effective, but at least you have a chance.

14 hours ago, TAMW said:

But I disagree on the unforgiving realism part, dayz should still be fun, and not being able to survive a .308 shot even with a pressvest on and full health, I feel takes away from the gameplay. Especially taking into account how stupidly easy it is to obtain a mosin or blaze with scope and ammo.

Why do you think that these rifles are being used as sniper rifles IRL? This is exactly their purpose and that is exactly the game. You don't get a high powered cartridge rifle to pew pew at 100 meters. You get these to put a man at 500 down reliably. 

AR kids can run around shooting full auto all they want, thinking that they have the ultimate power in their hands but that is not true. Availability of both the rifles and ammo is something that the game actually gets right. In fact also 9mm an .45 ammo should also be much more available, because these are the most common calibers used. 

14 hours ago, TAMW said:

I totally agree on the speed, we are too fast. On vanilla when we carry gear the stamina slow us down quite a bit, but we recover so damn fast with basically no penalty. I'm with you, I think we should have breathing back like in 0.62 where it took around 30-40 seconds to recover the sway and stop making breathing sounds in addition to a tad slowed down sprint speed. We also shouldn't be able to full sprint uphill I think, that is just silly.

Instead make it so (with full health) unprotected, we go uncon with red blinking health from .308/7.62x54 chest shot. Then with a antistab on, uncon and red health. With pressvest, red health but still conscious. That would still make them extremely effective, but at least you have a chance.

The inertia when sprinting needs to be stronger, taking sharp turns should slow you down and accelerate stamina drain. And yes, I agree the old breathing and sway from 0.62 really needs to come back. I would also like to see hold breath disconnected from stamina, it pisses me off that my equipment limits my ability to hold breath when I'm not moving. Running uphill should drain stamina twice as fast (or flatly force jogging or no-stam servers wouldn't be affected).

As for damage and death, it does need rebalancing but I do not agree an unprotected player should always be able to tank a .308 bullet and survive. Here's where the vital organs come into play though, I don't know if they're active yet or not. That's the key, as long as a vital is not struck it should work as you say, but a bullet to the brain/heart should always be a one shot kill if it penetrates whatever protection you're wearing. People have survived being hit by several high calibre rounds and people die from getting hit by one. It's all a matter about where it hits.

Bleeding really needs some work too. Currently it seems any cut will bleed the same rate regardless of how you got it. Slide down a ladder and get your hands cut and you'll bleed out in a minute if you don't bandage immediately. Ruined shoes? Picking sticks from a bush? Getting cut from these things should be an inconvenient penalty for rushing things or not taking care of your gear - not a death sentence. So bleeding rate needs to be made relative to the gravity of the wound inflicted somehow. High calibre bullet, splitting axe or combat knife slash - as now. Ladder slide, steak knife slash, broken boots etc - minor bleeding. Leave it unbandaged or let them add up and you should eventually bleed out, but the current panicked bandaging after sliding down a ladder with ruined gloves is just horrible and annoying.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Why do you think that these rifles are being used as sniper rifles IRL? This is exactly their purpose and that is exactly the game. You don't get a high powered cartridge rifle to pew pew at 100 meters. You get these to put a man at 500 down reliably. 

AR kids can run around shooting full auto all they want, thinking that they have the ultimate power in their hands but that is not true. Availability of both the rifles and ammo is something that the game actually gets right. In fact also 9mm an .45 ammo should also be much more available, because these are the most common calibers used. 

Well I don't want to play a IRL simulator, and I don't think dayz should necessarily try to be that either. I think it needs to be balanced more towards a fun but challenging experience, both in terms of loot and health/damage/survival.

If you read what I proposed, you'd still be able to take down a player in one chest shot (but not necessarily killing them if they had FULL health), except if they have pressvest or platecarrier. I think that is very fair.

I'm just so tired of every firefight be: I pop a guy in the upper body with a winchester/mosin/svd, and I positively 100% know he's dead. There is no maybe anymore, never any second chances. Personally I feel that vastly limits the fun of the combat compared to what it used to be. This is just my opinion.

9 hours ago, Derleth said:

The inertia when sprinting needs to be stronger, taking sharp turns should slow you down and accelerate stamina drain. And yes, I agree the old breathing and sway from 0.62 really needs to come back. I would also like to see hold breath disconnected from stamina, it pisses me off that my equipment limits my ability to hold breath when I'm not moving. Running uphill should drain stamina twice as fast (or flatly force jogging or no-stam servers wouldn't be affected).

As for damage and death, it does need rebalancing but I do not agree an unprotected player should always be able to tank a .308 bullet and survive. Here's where the vital organs come into play though, I don't know if they're active yet or not. That's the key, as long as a vital is not struck it should work as you say, but a bullet to the brain/heart should always be a one shot kill if it penetrates whatever protection you're wearing. People have survived being hit by several high calibre rounds and people die from getting hit by one. It's all a matter about where it hits.

Bleeding really needs some work too. Currently it seems any cut will bleed the same rate regardless of how you got it. Slide down a ladder and get your hands cut and you'll bleed out in a minute if you don't bandage immediately. Ruined shoes? Picking sticks from a bush? Getting cut from these things should be an inconvenient penalty for rushing things or not taking care of your gear - not a death sentence. So bleeding rate needs to be made relative to the gravity of the wound inflicted somehow. High calibre bullet, splitting axe or combat knife slash - as now. Ladder slide, steak knife slash, broken boots etc - minor bleeding. Leave it unbandaged or let them add up and you should eventually bleed out, but the current panicked bandaging after sliding down a ladder with ruined gloves is just horrible and annoying.

I'm of the same opinion, force jogging in steep uphills. Tho I don't much care if no-stam servers are affected tbh, from the 2 hours or so I have on them, they seem to very much embrace that total carefree chill gaming style with spawnselect, spawn with food, guns everywhere etc, let them have it. 😛 And yes, the stamina tied to hold breath is atrocious.

To my knowledge I don't believe the vital organs thing have been implemented on any stable release. But I can agree on the heart also being a one shot kill, atleast unprotected with high calibers. A big problem I have with the way it is now, is we never have to even consider a headshot, just aim center mass and its over. I think it's too easy, and takes alot of fun away. Again, this is just my opinion.

Agree on bleeding, but I feel the 0.62 system is unparalleled and we should get it back.

@Derleth Yes, people have been asking for a zigzagging fix since 5 years. The mod didn't even have that problem.

Edited by Buakaw