SweenZ

Xbox Mouse & Keyboard Support?

Hello, as I play both PC & Xbox frequently, I would like to know when the before announced mouse & keyboard support will be happening? If that at least is still the case, I know the game now on the Xbox One X is in a stable state to introduce this feature. Maybe an estimated timeline or general idea as to when it could be pushed. Also thank you for your continued work on both console versions of the game 🙂 

Edited by SweenZ

cant Wait for m&k, not really providing this thread with anything useful but yeah I'm looking forward to it

I hope kb&m support gets scrapped for console, personally. 

If you want kb&m, play on pc. 

Kb&m vs a controller will always provide the kb&m user with an advantage in response speed ie "flick shots" with the mouse. 

My 2 cents. 

1 hour ago, Thunderpants_AU said:

I hope kb&m support gets scrapped for console, personally. 

If you want kb&m, play on pc. 

Kb&m vs a controller will always provide the kb&m user with an advantage in response speed ie "flick shots" with the mouse. 

My 2 cents. 

Not even. We won't even play with them. They'll have their own servers if it does happen and BI stays true to their word.

Let's just hope it doesn't happen all together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Not even. We won't even play with them. They'll have their own servers if it does happen and BI stays true to their word.

Let's just hope it doesn't happen all together.

If they have their own server, then I'm semi fine with that, but like you said earlier, that will divide the player base further, which only hurts the game. 

So, all in all, kb&m is a bad idea for console. 

13 hours ago, Thunderpants_AU said:

So, all in all, kb&m is a bad idea for console. 

I call nonsense on that.

Any added options are good in my mind, and its in essence a pc anyway it should have been added from the start many years ago - but instead they opted for earning money on only allowing controllers and then making and selling them themselves.

And how hard is it to find a mouse and a keyboard if you believe that that will give you an edge, everyone has a couple around the place - problem solved. 🙂

On 11/11/2019 at 2:46 AM, Jonas Levin said:

I call nonsense on that.

Any added options are good in my mind, and its in essence a pc anyway it should have been added from the start many years ago - but instead they opted for earning money on only allowing controllers and then making and selling them themselves.

And how hard is it to find a mouse and a keyboard if you believe that that will give you an edge, everyone has a couple around the place - problem solved. 🙂

I call nonsense on you calling nonsense. 

LOL "in essence it's a pc". 

In essence, a PC is a typewriter and why the hell are you playing video games on a typewriter?! 

A console is specifically designed for gaming with a controller and it works perfectly fine. 

PCs are only "better" for gaming because of the higher rate of development of tech for graphics and RAM and the fact that pretty much any one can go out, buy more RAM or the latest vidcard and install it themselves. 

Just because you PC players don't like/can't use a controller has no bearing at all on the console community by and large who are perfectly happy with a controller. OP is far from voicing the opinion of the majority. 

Why you PC guys keep poking your nose into the console sections, I'll never know. 

Maybe I'll go on over to the pc section and laugh and crow about how there aren't any hackers on console and how, as such console is superior, how about that? 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Stagman70 said:

Meanwhile, there are TONS of PC players that use an XBox controller.

I've always wondered about that. I've been thinking about going over to PC (the community seems way better), but I hate k&m. Didn't think it was possible because of how the inventory management is. I'll do my research and look into it tho.

The last PC game I played was Oregon Trail when it first came out. Or maybe it was C&C TW idk. Oregon Trail is still the best survival game ever made tho 🤣😂👍

On 11/11/2019 at 10:35 PM, Thunderpants_AU said:

Just because you PC players don't like/can't use a controller

Im a Xbox player, this is the xbox forum - doh.

And the Xbox IS on essence a PC - and a PC is not in essence a typewriter, half your post is nonsense, again.

21 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

Meanwhile, there are TONS of PC players that use an XBox controller.

Precisely, they love the added option (and apparently has no problem with using a controller against k+m) and everybody who dont can just do what they please instead.

Bonus for all,  except the usual whiners who feel they are getting cheated no matter what happens - which this forum has an extreme abundance of.

We need different sens sliders for look and aim sensitivity. 

As in 1 for the right stick camera movement, 1 for aiming sensitivity (left trigger, hipfire) and possibly another for ADS look sensitivity.

Pretty important tbh can't believe there isn't already but whateva. K+M crossplay should only be allowed for games that aren't considered competitive or important at all in any sort of way.

(insert comment about how many times i've been killed and how many kills lost and generic yadda yadda f u bohemia type of childishness here)

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 8:04 PM, Jonas Levin said:

Im a Xbox player, this is the xbox forum - doh.

And the Xbox IS on essence a PC - and a PC is not in essence a typewriter, half your post is nonsense, again.

*An xbox player. 

And I'm supposed to know that how? 

You're coming across as quite the pc elitist, so how was I supposed to know? 

Of course a PC is in essence a typewriter; use your brain, son. 

The pc has come a long way from when it was first invented, but the primary function is word processing and data input. 

Console is designed for gaming. 

I really don't care who plays what and why, but if kb&m was going to be allowed on the same server as players using controllers, this would be a huge imbalance.

But it's not, so I really don't care 😊

• Haha 1

Just now, Thunderpants_AU said:

*An xbox player. 

And I'm supposed to know that how? 

You're coming across as quite the pc elitist, so how was I supposed to know? 

Of course a PC is in essence a typewriter; use your brain, son. 

The pc has come a long way from when it was first invented, but the primary function is word processing and data input. 

Console is designed for gaming. 

I really don't care who plays what and why, but if kb&m was going to be allowed on the same server as players using controllers, this would be a huge imbalance.

But it's not, so I really don't care 😊

so you would have a problem with servers that allow kb&m and controllers? If there are controller specific servers also so if a controller user finds himself imbalanced by a kb&m player its by choice

2 hours ago, RyanS1994 said:

If there are controller specific servers also so if a controller user finds himself imbalanced by a kb&m player its by choice

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're saying. 

Just now, Thunderpants_AU said:

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're saying. 

ill try to explain it easier, there are controller only servers and kbm only servers. Then there are servers that allow both but any controller user knows they're choosing to put themself at a disadvantage by joining those servers, do you not like that idea?

3 hours ago, RyanS1994 said:

ill try to explain it easier, there are controller only servers and kbm only servers. Then there are servers that allow both but any controller user knows they're choosing to put themself at a disadvantage by joining those servers, do you not like that idea?

Are there servers that allow both? 

I didn't know that. 

Do you like the idea of putting yourself at a disadvantage? 

It's one thing to have a handicap, but even if I got the drop on a kb&m player with my controller, I have absolutely no defense against his instantaneous flick turns. I mean, kb&m players can literally turn 180 degrees in an instant, where as a controller, even with sensitivity settings maxed out will take longer. I don't have the specifics in front of me, but I hope you get what I'm saying. 

I do not like the idea of having controller players lumped into servers with kb&m players as the only option. 

If we absolutely must have kb&m in the game on console, then, if it were up to me, there would be a system in place that does not allow kb&m use on non-kb&m servers. 

I don't know if this is the case, but, as I said earlier, it will put controller players at a severe disadvantage if it isn't. (I haven't played since the update. Just got home from work and will be hopping on to find out 🙂

It looks like there are specific servers for this so I'm assuming they can't use regular servers? 

Mouse and keyboard seems to be only on 3pp servers.

I suppose since the corner peekers can already see around corners they might as well have enhanced aiming too.

• Haha 2

On 12/4/2019 at 12:27 AM, awalsh47 said:

Mouse and keyboard seems to be only on 3pp servers.

I suppose since the corner peekers can already see around corners they might as well have enhanced aiming too.

would you like some cheese?