N0sAmm

Xbox livonia beta and 1.06

I feel like console should be getting some free beta access as well (too a paid dlc especially) to livonia and 1.06 what do you guys think? If thats not going to happen at least give us a dang release date..😒

When looking at a lot of posts here and on twitter from console players, I don't think most of them could handle an experimental build tbh. Those things are usually very rough around the edges and not something to play with, but rather test. Also releasing patches for consoles requires some sort of verification process from M$ & Sony as far as I understand, so it would be pretty hard for BIS to keep the exp patches flowing, resulting in more frustration of the very impatient playerbase.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

24 minutes ago, N0sAmm said:

I feel like console should be getting some free beta access as well (too a paid dlc especially) to livonia and 1.06 what do you guys think? If thats not going to happen at least give us a dang release date..😒

I believe they already announced a release date for Nov 13.

9 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I believe they already announced a release date for Nov 13.

No they didn't. The XBox livestream and twitter dudes did and after BIS pointed out that its not correct, they ruddered back. There is no release date and no price yet.

2 hours ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

When looking at a lot of posts here and on twitter from console players, I don't think most of them could handle an experimental build tbh. Those things are usually very rough around the edges and not something to play with, but rather test. Also releasing patches for consoles requires some sort of verification process from M$ & Sony as far as I understand, so it would be pretty hard for BIS to keep the exp patches flowing, resulting in more frustration of the very impatient playerbase.

People are pissed. Has nothing to do with whether they can handle an experimental build.

Pffft... fucking elitist. I swear, man... Smh

39 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

People are pissed.

Yes they are, and I wouldn't dare stating otherwise. They are pissed because there are a lot of bugs in the current stable version for consoles. So, please explain to the elitist, how exactly would it help to give them an even more broken build, which, as stated above, most likely can't be updated as quick as on PC?

I love DayZ even with all the flaws/bugs etc, it would be fine by me if they added exp xbox servers but unfortunately the certification process is lengthy & stringent for console. I think with the latest updates being smoother all around lately & lots of old game mechanics returning it would be possible to time cross platform releases of beta test builds & beneficial. Console often has specific UI bugs & desync issues that PC doesn't suffer from & enabling better feedback before console updates would be beneficial. Who knows, maybe in the future exp console servers will be added. I hope so, gimme that damn Livonia map already. 

I think verification would obviously be easier for Experimental, just like game preview, PUBG had experimental on xbox, why is it so hard to believe dayz could have one, the pc elitist missed the OP's point, most of us want to try before we buy, just like you guys on PC are getting to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RyanS1994 said:

the pc elitist

I got a name, you know. With behaviour like that I really can't see how anything good should come out of an exp build on consoles and you keep proving my point again and again.

this is a discussion on a forum, not a back and forth between me and you, your not making any worthwhile points, I don't tend to respect ignorance.

13 hours ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

No they didn't. The XBox livestream and twitter dudes did and after BIS pointed out that its not correct, they ruddered back. There is no release date and no price yet.

There is nothing, ANYWHERE, that states that.  Everywhere I read and everything I have seen says Xbox will see 1.06 AND the Livonia map on Nov. 13.

9 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

There is nothing, ANYWHERE, that states that.  Everywhere I read and everything I have seen says Xbox will see 1.06 AND the Livonia map on Nov. 13.

The devs said pc will drop at that time. They said they will get it to consoles as quickly as possible.

Whatever's about dayz and its bugs I've been playing it nonstop from release and I love it.

The second livonia hits the xbox store it will be downloading on my xbox

14 hours ago, RyanS1994 said:

this is a discussion on a forum, not a back and forth between me and you, your not making any worthwhile points, I don't tend to respect ignorance.

To be fair, when you referred to him as an elitist you were singling him out and beginning a back a forth.  

thats fair his ignorant comment generalizing every console player pissed me off lol

he's acting as if only console players have whined about days.

9 hours ago, awalsh47 said:

The devs said pc will drop at that time. They said they will get it to consoles as quickly as possible.

"While Bohemia didn’t provide us with a specific release date, the official Xbox Twitter account revealed that DayZ Livonia would arrive on Xbox One on November 13th."

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:54 PM, Stagman70 said:

"While Bohemia didn’t provide us with a specific release date, the official Xbox Twitter account revealed that DayZ Livonia would arrive on Xbox One on November 13th."

the devs tweeted were not getting it on the 13th, Microsoft jumped the gun

Where can I buy, I have money now and ready to purchase?   How much is it?   

How is it possible a week before release there is NO information on pricing?  Unreal!

On 11/4/2019 at 4:30 PM, RyanS1994 said:

the devs tweeted were not getting it on the 13th, Microsoft jumped the gun

I looked through the Twitter thread from BI, and I didn't see it.  So I'm to assume then, too, that 1.06 won't drop on the 13th either, considering that it was put out that they were going to come out together?

Edited by Stagman70

8 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

I looked through the Twitter thread from BI, and I didn't see it.  So I'm to assume then, too, that 1.06 won't drop on the 13th either, considering that it was put out that they were going to come out together?

I hope they come together, remember 1.06 and the map are seperate so there's no real reason to assume they will drop simultaneously

5 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

BI have already stated that date is incorrect. Xbox posted that date, not bohemia

Yea that's the proof of it everyone is denying exists.

21 minutes ago, stephen321 said:

Beg your pardon, yes it is 👍

38 minutes ago, stephen321 said:

let them deny it if they're too lazy to look for it themselves lol