Ryan JG

Ghost Shots

Has anyone experience silenced Ghost shots? I've had it a few times and it has freaked me out but alas no one was around.

Just random shots of a suppressed pistol going off right next to you but no one is around.

The VSS and Amphibia are bugged so their sound can sometimes carry unnaturally far. Someone was shooting suppressed pistol somewhere, and the server decided to play the sound for you...

I had this happen in a particular spot on one server that I was on, it would sound with no particular pattern which also freaked me out at first (in an area of the treeline next to the field just on the northwest edge of the Pavlovo base). Even stranger, when I skipped over to the opposite side of the field, I kept hearing a repetitious "axe-chop" sound as if someone was chopping away at a tree. I think we are all just going crazy. 

The sound that always makes me jump out of my skin is when you're in woods and scare deer you didn't know were there. 

• Like 3

On 10/25/2019 at 12:07 PM, xxxD1RTD1VRxxx said:

Wow ok thought I was going crazy, this happened to me on a completely empty server though 🤷‍♂️

There were likely players set to offline status on the server with you. 

• Like 1

Can confirm this is a server issue. I had a friend on the same server and we were in complete different locations yet both heard the same shots.

3 hours ago, Pauperprince said:

There were likely players set to offline status on the server with you. 

Set to offline or not your gt is displayed while playing on said server.

21 hours ago, xhardcorefishx said:

Set to offline or not your gt is displayed while playing on said server.

it’s supposed to, but doesn’t always.

Edited by Pauperprince