Greensek

Console Update 1.05

So, i almost died in a car accident due to a lag, driver blue screened, car went full throttle, turned right into a wall. Instantly knocked out and health flashing. I was out a long time. When i came too i was hungry, thirsty, and surrounded by zombies. I had to get out to eat and drink, but if i got out i would die. What do i do? Possibly die in the car or absolutely die outside the car? Luckily my buddy got back in and was a little up the road perfectly healthy and killed the zombies.....Fix this crap.

Also, dont crouch while filling a car with gas, you freeze, dont throw radiators straight up,  you freeze, dont drop your backpack and then use your hotkeys, you blue screen. 

On 10/3/2019 at 2:04 PM, Tyrant462905 said:

Fixed: Car headlight lights did not change when the head-bulbs were destroyed

Did you add a way to turn them on??

Seems like these patch notes are just copied from the PC even though they dont match console....

Triangle on ps4

On 10/3/2019 at 2:34 PM, Xzavier Edwards said:

So big problem already. As I'm walking into dolina I blue screened and reloaded back in and I'm stuck on the world rerendering in and I'm basically frozen. I've reset and completely closed the app and even waited and it's still stuck. 

Had 6 times today in half h gameplay 😞

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, saltmcgault said:

so since i’ve posted about the hydration issue i’ve drank approx 6+ canteens on water. i was full and topped myself off at 6:42 no moving at all and 7:04  the hydration icon is yellow. i’m chilling here not moving and it changes from 2 to 3 down arrows like a car blinker. i don’t think i’ve seen it at 1 down arrow at all. there’s no way you can play the game like this. is anybody else having this issue?

It does go faster especially of you have bacteria,eat some drugs and it will be better. But like you said you will always see 2-3 bars going down not 1 like used to be

48 minutes ago, Tyrant462905 said:

So, i almost died in a car accident due to a lag, driver blue screened, car went full throttle, turned right into a wall. Instantly knocked out and health flashing. I was out a long time. When i came too i was hungry, thirsty, and surrounded by zombies. I had to get out to eat and drink, but if i got out i would die. What do i do? Possibly die in the car or absolutely die outside the car? Luckily my buddy got back in and was a little up the road perfectly healthy and killed the zombies.....Fix this crap.

Also, dont crouch while filling a car with gas, you freeze, dont throw radiators straight up,  you freeze, dont drop your backpack and then use your hotkeys, you blue screen. 

Same here, try to reach castle, couldn't go up hill, LAG -->BLUE SCREEN --> LOG BACK car other side of the road crashed in shed ( all parts still prestine condition) black smoke as hell 😄

Have PlayStation 4 from day one , never had any report, today 6 of them in half hour all from dayZ. 

I wonder how Sony could let this update thru the review process. People are crashing 24/7, there is no way of serious playing right now. You will bascialy die due bluescreen in pvp or against zeds.

BI will loose alot of players and potential buyers of the upcoming DLC if they don't fix it asap via hotfix...

I played this evening with a 2 friends, one of them crashed lot of time, not us.

He have PS4 Slim, we have pro.

What kind of PS4 do you have, maybe related to this? (some issue like that, but opposite, existed in conan exiles : unplayable for pros)

Edited by S.Kaneda

29 minutes ago, S.Kaneda said:

I played this evening with a 2 friends, one of them crashed lot of time, not us.

He have PS4 Slim, we have pro.

What kind of PS4 do you have, maybe related to this? (some issue like that, but opposite, existed in conan exiles : unplayable for pros)

I have a PS4-Pro with SSD. Talked to someone with a normal PS4 and he also crashed alot. DayZ is just broken and they haven't manage to fix any of the game breaking bugs. It's a shame...

punching 1 simple zombie and the game blue screens and i come back into the game and the screens black and has been for 10 minutes now. WTF is this? How can you release a game for sale. When it is LITTERED with glitches and errors. I don’t know how it’s even legal. Who tested this game and said “welp this game is ready for release for Xbox and Ps4!”  you can’t even get into a gun fight without the game freezing. I wish i knew how much of a cluster fuck this game was before i bought it. Awesome game but just to fuckin buggy to play it. There goes a my LAR and VSD. Here’s an idea sell all the rights  to DAYZ to Rockstar games so they can make this game playable. 

• Haha 2

On 10/3/2019 at 6:30 PM, Diavolus said:

No Performance work? Game has PopUps like Hell....^^ And next days u wont Money for a new map?`tzzzz

Do you play on PS4 ? Because those performance issues were fixed on Xbox in the previous update. Performance is still the same in this one.

On 10/3/2019 at 12:12 PM, EzyStriderPS4 said:

I never noticed it affecting gameplay before, Pugman, so please don't assume this just because its console.  Based on another player's comment about reaction to targets, it may be a new feature.  I will confirm this when I go home and test different scenarios with it [ON] and with it [OFF].  I have been an extreme stickler for the Aim sensitivity so far on console.  It has taken much of my attention and I will be able to recognize a difference.  I will push through and let ya know what comes out on the other end. 

I have always hated the aim assist on DayZ PS4. I am glad to finally have the ability to turn it off. 

44 minutes ago, MarczXD320 said:

Do you play on PS4 ? Because those performance issues were fixed on Xbox in the previous update. Performance is still the same in this one.

I was playing on a PS4 pro, 1g internet, and a 70ms ping avg. the game always had performance lag. The PS4 simply cannot run the game smoothly. You may not notice till your driving a vehicle. I just upgraded my PS4 with a Crucial MX500, post update. The performance lag has significantly reduced. 

15 hours ago, SillyJoe said:

I have a PS4-Pro with SSD. Talked to someone with a normal PS4 and he also crashed alot. DayZ is just broken and they haven't manage to fix any of the game breaking bugs. It's a shame...

My client constantly crashes, even after I installed this new ssd. This is the only game I have that crashes with the system error, or crashes at all for that matter.

10 hours ago, Pauperprince said:

My client constantly crashes, even after I installed this new ssd. This is the only game I have that crashes with the system error, or crashes at all for that matter.

Its not the fault of your system, it's the damn update. The devs deliverd sloppy work. If your lucky you don't crash for a couple of hours on an empty server but if there is some pvp going on or a lot of players nearby you will crash 90% of the time. It's a shame that BI was able to release such a bad update that will make the PS4 system crash 24/7. It seems like that they don't test the console version before releasing it.

I bet that they have a made a lot of money with the console version but they can't even hire proper devs which are able to fix the game breaking bugs on console and now they released an update which introduced even more bluescreens and freezes than 1.04. On top the server performance seems to be even worse than with 1.04.

On 10/5/2019 at 12:00 PM, Pauperprince said:

I hear ya! Brand new bag of tricks, just a few treats. Lots more game crashes than before it seems.

On 10/3/2019 at 10:04 AM, Tyrant462905 said:

Wow. This is a f****** joke. You bleed out super fast, zombies scratch almost every hit, meds still dont work quite right, yet you added more sickness, still have lighting glitches, zombies still glitch through player built walls. Ive only played it for 5 minutes, havent left base, and want the update gone, this is a joke. But hey, the gunter sounds better starting up 

Great job bohemia 

What meds dont work?

On 10/3/2019 at 9:34 AM, Xzavier Edwards said:

So big problem already. As I'm walking into dolina I blue screened and reloaded back in and I'm stuck on the world rerendering in and I'm basically frozen. I've reset and completely closed the app and even waited and it's still stuck. 

I had to restart my PS4 for this to go away. It happened to me while looking through binoculars: I hit the left stick by accident/reflex/whatever reason, and blue screened.

@Greensek I lost hours of progress last night because a car decided to Harry Potter out of control when I hit the gas pedal. This is seriously absurd.

Seriously, why the hell is this still happening? If cars can't consistently perform the way they should, they need to be taken out of the game. I know cars are a problem, and driving them is a gamble, but it really shouldn't be, and it's not crazy for me to expect basic features of the game to just fucking work. My patience with this game's development cycle is pretty much gone.  

I've been playing this game since pretty much the launch of Early Access, and I've defended and supported it in every possible way, but, there's simply no palatable reason for performance to be this bad. It's almost a year into "release" and desync and cars are STILL this game breaking? You've made some incredible strides with this game over the course of development, with frame rate, inventory, enhanced survival features, the new player controller, the overall map design, but there's still SO MUCH lacking in terms of performance, and basic interactivity with vehicles should not be this broken at this stage in the game's life. There's no excuse for it. Whatever is causing cars to be this much of a gamble should be the only issue worked on right now.    

Do you realize that this stuff is killing this game's already dwindling playerbase? I've been a long time player and supporter, and if my tolerance for this crap is pretty much gone, how do you think someone that just picks up the game on Xbox Live or PS4 is going to react? If some new player spends hours getting a car to work, only to have it wreck and destroy all of their progress because of some weird lag, why would they ever pick this game up again? 

I just want this game to work. I know the Dev Team is "aware" of these issues, but that doesn't mean a damn thing if the issues aren't actually resolved. 

@Greensek, @ImpulZ are you at least able to provide the community with some kind of insight as to what The Dev team thinks is causing cars to behave like this, and what possible solutions are being taken to fix it? This has been an issue with this game since cars first hit Early Access, so I am honestly very doubtful that it's going to be rectified any time soon, if at all, but maybe there's stuff going on you can illuminate for us?   

Edited by thepoey

The game is broken right now on PS4. The blue screens every 15 minutes or so are killing the game...sometimes they happen back to back within minutes. Please make this a priority to fix BI...and fast.  @ImpulZ

I hope you guys are also aware that we had to wipe our private server for the new guns and car to spawn. I'm hoping that a full server wipe isn't going to be a thing every update. 

Developers: Please allow consoles to map their own controls and create custom configurations.  We need the ability to press, hold, or double tap each button/thumbstick for separate functions.  We also need the ability to hold a button and press another as a compound command.  This last idea is already available with the "hot-bar / wheel" when holding down R1 and using right stick to quick-select items. Help a survivor out.  

Edited by EzyStriderPS4

i have my own server on ps4, and my tents are despawning wiht no server restart, and i thought it was consistent even if the server restarts idk why it would  delete stuff like that if anybody can help me that would be sweet.

ATM the BOSD are less, but they are stil there. Its time for a fast HotFix! Not in Weeks, in days or the Community gets more and more splitted and change the game

Edited by Diavolus

Agreed.   But personally, I think it's too little too late. Thea damage as been done.   This hot fix should have been done already.   People are fed up with the lack of communication and poor update 

• Like 1