Greensek

Console Update 1.05

Hello Survivors!

The Console Update 1.05 of DayZ is now live. It brings you an expansion on the disease system and introduces an advanced vaulting and climbing system. On the combat side, we've added two new pistols and one assault rifle. Furthermore, we've expanded our language support with Polish and Japanese.

Get all the details and full patch notes below!

New Weapons

Mlock-91

The Mlock-91 is a semi-automatic pistol, fed from a detachable magazine. Affordable and compact, it is commonly used by the Chernarussian police forces. It uses 9x19mm rounds.

glock.png

MKII

The MKII is a semi-automatic, integrally-suppressed pistol, fed from a detachable magazine. Using .22 LR rounds, it is considered both silent and lethal against short range targets without armour.

MKII.png

KAS-74U

The KAS-74U is a shortened version of the KA-74 assault rifle, usually equipped with a side-folding metal shoulder stock.

aksu.png

New & improved weapon attachments

• New .22 LR Rounds

New Vehicle

Sarka 120

sarka.png

Vaulting

• Players can now vault over fences and walls.
  • Players can now scale objects up to 2,30 meters height.

Others

Medical Changes

• Introducing food poisoning
  • Balancing of cholera and salmonella diseases
  • Balancing health regeneration and bleeding
  • Improvements and fixes to the medical systems and items

Dead Body Decay

• Dead player bodies persist longer and decay over time
  •  

Patchnotes

Notes

GAME

ADDED

• Added: Character creation screen
  • Added: Toggle for NVG and head torch via the quickslot menu
  • Added: Aim Helper switch in Options
  • Added: New pistol Mlock-91
  • Added: New pistol MKII with its integral silencer
  • Added: New rifle KAS-74U
  • Added: New vehicle Sarka 120
  • Added: Vaulting and Climbing enable players to pass obstacles up to 2,30 meters high (exception for base fences, gates, and watchtowers)
  • Added: .22 LR Rounds
  • Added: Food Poisoning
  • Added: Smoothed the movement of thrown items from the thrower's point of view
  • Added: Foley sound for the base radio
  • Added: Window destruction sounds for vehicles
  • Added: Suicide functionality for bayonets
  • Added: Bleeding effect on melee suicides
  • Added: Infected wearing a headtorch now have it switched on
  • Added: Torch can be soaked up with gasoline, but only if it's not ignited yet
  • Added: Dead bodies decay over time
  • Added: The Stamina bar now blinks when the player doesn't have enough stamina to perform an action
  • Added: Cholera has a chance to appear in water bottles and canteens when initially spawned

FIXED

• Fixed: Animation applied on items in inventory view
  • Fixed: Attachments LOD
  • Fixed: The countdown was missing during the respawn
  • Fixed: Putting an item from your hands into inventory when inside a car could make it invisible when putting it back into hands
  • Fixed: Backtracking correction of velocities
  • Fixed: Thrown items could fall through the ground
  • Fixed: Character's physics speed
  • Fixed: Grenades couldn't be thrown through windows
  • Fixed: IV Saline Bag and IV Blood Bag didn't have any effect
  • Fixed: The consequences of giving blood of an incompatible blood type were applied to the applying person instead to target
  • Fixed: Bayonets couldn't be used to cut off bark or cut down bushes
  • Fixed: A weapon used to commit suicide could become inaccessible for other players
  • Fixed: The player could not move after spraying disinfectant spray on another player
  • Fixed: Items could be looted through walls using the inventory vicinity
  • Fixed: Smoke particles on the bottle suppressor and USG-45
  • Fixed: Hesco boxes would get damaged during deployment and folding
  • Fixed: Items in hands could disappear if the player was saved in the vehicle
  • Fixed: Misplaced/unnecessary collision above a ladder at the cement factory
  • Fixed: It was possible to plug a Power Generator into a Cable Reel as an unintended reverse connection
  • Fixed: Grenades were dealing much less damage to players browsing their inventory
  • Fixed: Attachments weren't damaged by explosions
  • Fixed: The player weapon could disappear from its hands when climbing a ladder
  • Fixed: Quantity indicator for the magazine items
  • Fixed: The state of doors could get de-synchronized upon server restart
  • Fixed: Water hit effect on piers and other places along the seashore
  • Fixed: VSS sounds were very loud to other players when heard from a great distance
  • Fixed: Flashbang grenades weren't flashing the players' screens at night
  • Fixed: Grenades did not affect players from within a fireplace
  • Fixed: A burlap sack on the head would not hide other head-wear
  • Fixed: It was not possible to manipulate with a restrained players inventory
  • Fixed: A client error when placing a spotlight on a scaffolding
  • Fixed: Barrel bottom clipped through the ground it was standing on
  • Fixed: It was possible to wear the great helmet with other headgear
  • Fixed: It was challenging to open and close vehicle doors in 3rd person
  • Fixed: Cancelling the resuscitation action could create invisible weapons
  • Fixed: Motor starting sound of the Gunter 2 would not play
  • Fixed: An exploit to stack containers into each other indefinitely
  • Fixed: De-synchronized rotation of flashlights after dropping them
  • Fixed: Corrected the direction of the fuel station explosion and the following smoke
  • Fixed: Rear lights on vehicles did not switch off when the engine was switched off
  • Fixed: Gas lamps and gas stoves were making undesired sounds when they were put inside a cargo
  • Fixed: Missing unpinning sounds for grenades
  • Fixed: Car headlights not changing their material when being switched off
  • Fixed: Car headlight lights did not change when the head-bulbs were destroyed
  • Fixed: Grenades did not explode after shooting them
  • Fixed: Belts with attachments could be put into cargo
  • Fixed: Issue when a player was killed while switching between seats in a vehicle
  • Fixed: Redundant animation was played while entering cars
  • Fixed: 3rd person camera collision during leaning
  • Fixed: Unable to turn on the Field Transceiver after throwing/dropping it
  • Fixed: When (un-)chambering certain rifles, the ammunition would disappear
  • Fixed: Random amount of water in canteens
  • Fixed: Body parts were not rendered from a certain distance
  • Fixed: Infected are now chasing only non-dynamic targets
  • Fixed: Cholera only triggered vomiting once per session
  • Fixed: Weapons dropped from killed players hands would become ruined
  • Fixed: Infinite bleeding from corpses
  • Fixed: Player was mumbling after respawning, if gagged before dying
  • Fixed: It was not possible to equip bandanas as clothing
  • Fixed: An animation issue when carrying the sea chest or metal plate while crouched
  • Fixed: Audio of distant gunshots could be delayed or merged

TWEAKED

• Changed: The saline bag is faster to apply and now increases the blood replenishment (visualized through the medication (pill) indicator)
  • Changed: Giving the wrong type of blood can now cause the character to go unconscious and trigger a hemolytic transfusion reaction
  • Changed: The hemolytic transfusion reaction is faster and more severe
  • Changed: Sights misalignment configured for weapons and their attachments
  • Changed: Ambient loot can now also spawn in "rotten" and "dried" states
  • Changed: Randomizing fruit and mushroom spawning
  • Changed: All restraining items now receive a certain amount of damage when removed from hands, even without a tool
  • Changed: Car crashes now decrease the player's health
  • Tweaked: Despawn time for dead bodies and animals increased
  • Tweaked: Bullet damage is reduced with longer bullet travel time
  • Tweaked: Lowered regeneration rate of the character health
  • Tweaked: Adjusted the injured stance thresholds to allow more mobility at lower character health values
  • Tweaked: Increased the amount of blood loss from bleeding sources
  • Tweaked: Quantity in UI is now hidden for the Saline Bag, IV Saline Bag, Epinephrine and Morphine (single-use items)
  • Tweaked: Reduced damage and shock value received from infected
  • Tweaked: Slightly increased chance for a bleeding source from an infected attack
  • Tweaked: Fist-attacks now cause less health damage and shock
  • Tweaked: Drinking from wells and ponds should no longer get the player replenished so fast
  • Tweaked: Global lighting config tweaks (overall brightness during day, less prominent shadows during clear days, less blue in shadows)
  • Tweaked: Interiors for certain bunkers and the control tower
  • Tweaked: Increased chances of low-tier pistols to spawn with weapon attachments
  • Tweaked: Spawning of LAR attachments and VSD parts attached at spawn
  • Tweaked: Volume for falling tree and bush sounds
  • Tweaked: Throwing animations
  • Tweaked: Non-absorbing items don't get wet any more
  • Tweaked: Slightly prolonged the range of car headlights illumination
  • Tweaked: Growing a beard now takes 4x as long as before
  • Tweaked: Melee impact particle effects are now rotated randomly, not always up any more
  • Tweaked: Refueling a power generator does not require precise looking at its fuel tank
  • Tweaked: Prolonged the action of shaving to make it fit the animation itself
  • Tweaked: Parameters of the rear lights of the Olga 24
  • Tweaked: Reverse light fades out quickly now
  • Tweaked: Player landing sounds are now quieter
  • Tweaked: Drastically reduced unarmed attack damage to worn clothing
  • Tweaked: Removed the crafting attachments from the barrel
  • Tweaked: The Leather Sewing Kit can no longer be used for treating injuries
  • Tweaked: Treating injuries using the Sewing Kit now takes 20% instead of 1% of the item's quantity
  • Tweaked: Salmonella (lowered the stomach volume threshold for vomiting, increased the vomiting chance, added removal of water and energy when vomiting)
  • Tweaked: Cholera (over-time water drain added, lowered the stomach volume threshold for vomiting, increased chances of vomiting, added water and energy removal when vomiting)
  • Tweaked: Fresh spawn player loadout (road flare switched for chemlight of random color)
  • Tweaked: Increased blood loss from bleeding sources
  • Tweaked: Bandaging using a rag or bandana no longer causes the wound infection, because wound infection had no effect on player characters
  • Tweaked: All pants can be wrung out now

SERVER

• Added: Banlist for private servers

• Beans 2

Added: Character creation screen

I'm sorry, i just woke up so i'm kind of oozed. Did i just read it right, did character creation was finally added ? 

Ok, let me wash my face real quick, must be seeing things.

• Haha 1

Fixed: Car headlight lights did not change when the head-bulbs were destroyed

Did you add a way to turn them on??

Seems like these patch notes are just copied from the PC even though they dont match console....

So big problem already. As I'm walking into dolina I blue screened and reloaded back in and I'm stuck on the world rerendering in and I'm basically frozen. I've reset and completely closed the app and even waited and it's still stuck. 

Edited by Xzavier Edwards

Did they modify the damage caused by grenades to base building ? Also the throwing mechanics as it is not possible to throw some item 60-100ft in the Air.

Wow. This is a f****** joke. You bleed out super fast, zombies scratch almost every hit, meds still dont work quite right, yet you added more sickness, still have lighting glitches, zombies still glitch through player built walls. Ive only played it for 5 minutes, havent left base, and want the update gone, this is a joke. But hey, the gunter sounds better starting up 

Great job bohemia 

Edited by Tyrant462905
  • Haha 2

@Tyrant462905 "Duct tape refresh doesn't work".... You think that should be an intended feature?

Meds DO work by the way. How would you know if you haven't even left your base? 

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Tyrant462905 said:

Seems like these patch notes are just copied from the PC even though they dont match console....

Exactly...

Water purification does not work, the sickness marker cannot be removed and I cannot find where the light toggle section is you show on the tweet ? 

I wouldn't really care about the duct tape no longer refreshing if zombies didn't aggravate so easily and if my hits actually registered all the time instead of just going through the zombie 50% of the time. Sometimes your gun even shoots right through them. So yeah the duct tape refreshing was a real benefit to counter that glitch.

40 minutes ago, _Matt_ said:

Water purification does not work, the sickness marker cannot be removed and I cannot find where the light toggle section is you show on the tweet ? 

Probably more like a problem to do with playing as a 1.04 character. The sickness icon will be the rag infection from 1.04.... Same thing happened on PC. Should resolve when you die. Since it's the rag sickness, it has no effect anyway.

Edited by ThePugman
  • Like 1

Thanks for giving us the ability to ban on Private servers now. No more shutting down to change the password. Just ban and move on.

Aim assist? Are you guys 4 real?

Please hotfix bleeding asap... We need dat latest blood patch devs. Pleeeease please please

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, Tyrant462905 said:

Fixed: Car headlight lights did not change when the head-bulbs were destroyed

Did you add a way to turn them on??

Try pressing Y (on xbox) 

CE errors all over the place. My weapon bugged twice already (no dmg) and loot bugs are also still there (private server). Nice update! 😕

1 hour ago, Diamond Dave said:

I wouldn't really care about the duct tape no longer refreshing if zombies didn't aggravate so easily and if my hits actually registered all the time instead of just going through the zombie 50% of the time. Sometimes your gun even shoots right through them. So yeah the duct tape refreshing was a real benefit to counter that glitch.

Duct Tape refresh was THE glitch, other than duplication. Now you have to actually use the intended items in the loot table responsibly and carry a complete kit.  I'm extremely happy that tie-up / break free to 100% non-sense is over with.  Maybe you should use the auto aim feature if you're missing your shots so much instead of blaming it on desync! =D   I'm JK.  Try playing on a server that is based closer to your location.  I'm only assuming this, however.  I live in MA and play on NY server and have NEVER had the bullet issue others describe.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SillyJoe said:

Aim assist? Are you guys 4 real?

Please hotfix bleeding asap... We need dat latest blood patch devs. Pleeeease please please

Aim assist was ALWAYS there on console. Now they've given you an option to disable it. 

And no to blood! PC had to endure it for weeks. You should too! 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThePugman said:

@Tyrant462905 "Duct tape refresh doesn't work".... You think that should be an intended feature?

Meds DO work by the way. How would you know if you haven't even left your base? 

I laughed so hard at the tape comment, Pugman.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

2 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

Aim assist was ALWAYS there on console. Now they've given you an option to disable it. 

And no to blood! PC had to endure it for weeks. You should too! 😂

I never noticed it affecting gameplay before, Pugman, so please don't assume this just because its console.  Based on another player's comment about reaction to targets, it may be a new feature.  I will confirm this when I go home and test different scenarios with it [ON] and with it [OFF].  I have been an extreme stickler for the Aim sensitivity so far on console.  It has taken much of my attention and I will be able to recognize a difference.  I will push through and let ya know what comes out on the other end. 

cant find any new items.check half map spawn cars and no sarka120 (private server)

Edited by jedimfp

Bugfix wise this update is a joke, weapons are still bugging and the loot bugs are still there. Bleeding is also a bad joke. What a shame...

-rep BI!

BS, I never had or felt aim assist on console... Aim assist in DayZ is such a bad joke.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

Duct Tape refresh was THE glitch, other than duplication. Now you have to actually use the intended items in the loot table responsibly and carry a complete kit.  I'm extremely happy that tie-up / break free to 100% non-sense is over with.  Maybe you should use the auto aim feature if you're missing your shots so much instead of blaming it on desync! =D   I'm JK.  Try playing on a server that is based closer to your location.  I'm only assuming this, however.  I live in MA and play on NY server and have NEVER had the bullet issue others describe.

I realize the Duct tape refresh was the glitch but it was a glitch that helped counter the glitch where zombies would run through you or your hits (or sometimes bullets) go through the zombie. The bullet one has only happened once to me but unfortunately it cost me a KA-M, KA-101, & KA-74. My base was hit so I was in the process of moving the guns when this glitch happened. I was on a close server to my location and I had never had that happen before but if you have ever had a zombie run through you or you punch through a zombie imagine that but with your bullets. Too make matters worse, I had a friend that was close to me when I died and couldn't get my weapons or bag because they fell through the steps. The only thing he could grab was my shovel which then the server gave everyone the red screen boot and he lost the shovel too! LOL.