Greensek

New map for DayZ is coming soon

Great to see news of this new content.

I'd pay for it as DLC, but not until all of the issues with Chenarus map are resolved first.

I play on XBox, previously played on PC about 4 years ago.

Bugs have got worse and content less, particularly environment effects.

Main fixes needed in main game before investing effort on DKC are;

Inventory glitches/ navigation - unable to retrieve items from containers.

Car reliability, respawns, lag crashes

Lag in any town

Duping

Fix those things then your 'announcement' about DLC will be welcomed by the player base.

We paid for this game, we are your client's. You don't listen to us 

• Like 1

That building with plants in walls... It was In trello years ago... When it comes To dayz chernarus? Bow when? Fishing when? Notes. Books. Broken bones, 

New sky? 

• Like 2
  • Beans 3

Unless the threat is something mutant related or a higher evolved version of the infected, bears will be no more of a threat than wolves are which is very minor at best. How about we work on those roaming hordes of infected that should be hunting in the woods as well while we're at it? The behavior and spawn pattern of infected are still to predictable.

• Like 1

Lotta backlash from the community but that is expected. They released an incomplete and buggy game for $45 and now we have to pay for DLC. Either way $5 is a day 1 buy for me, just the feeling of exploring a new map for the first time time in DayZ is well worth $5. If it's $10 I'll be on the fence, probably take a look at gameplay/server pop if it's worth it. Anything more than $15 they can go fk off a cliff. Especially because they're just reusing arma 3 assets and building on it. Honestly, this dlc should be $5 to $7.99 tops. Anything more expensive and you piss off 3 gaming platforms full of players that are already pissed off and feel ripped off to begin with. Price it right and more people will buy it and possibly rejuvenate the playerbase. Don't make the same mistake you did on the 1.0 release. I still think that if the game was in a much better state when they released 1.0, they mightve won back the community. So many people who've left Dayz for years or bought it when it was $10 something bucks reinstalled to be slapped in the face with the same buggy shitshow that was the "1.0" release. Huge wasted opportunity caused by greed and incompetence from BI.

Honestly the devs just need to keep rolling out updates every 2 months and this game will be great by this time next year. Problem is, can they sustain this pace? And will they focus on what the community has been asking for all this time? Bows/silent weapons, focusing on fleshing out survival aspects cause it's really barebones right now, better/more dangerous zombies and PVE, balanced basebuilding, infected breaking down doors, actually working cars, rebalanced gun damages etc etc. If most of these can get improved within the next 3-5 patches I'd be stoked. Fuck it, I've waited since 2013 for this game to finally get good, I feel like it's really close.

We've had Throwing, vaulting and bears in back to back to back updates. There's progress, at least. I'd be so pissed if the pace of the updates dropped and development ended before that 2 year span that I think Eugen stated before when we are THIS close to what we've been expecting for when Dean Hall first made the announcement. Or at least somewhat close to it and passable lol

Edited by repzaj1234

But don't let the beautiful landscapes of this new region fool you.

Oh don't worry, I won't, I also won't let BI fool me into giving them more money. Definitely not until the base game runs how I want it to.

• Beans 4

2 hours ago, ThePugman said:

That’s up to the server owners. The only obligations BI have are to official servers. Remember those? They still exist! 

A few months ago, they said that “features/content would NOT be locked behind a paywall. If anything they will be released as accompanying updates”. It would be harsh to think that also includes a new terrain.

I don’t really understand this community sometimes. Most people here have an embarrassingly high amount of hours in DayZ. A lot even bought it for the dirt cheap early access price... yet the thought of spending a bit more money on it, drives them into a frenzy.

It’s optional DLC for one of your favourite games... Talk about first world problems... 

People talk of paying dirt cheap early access price,.. Im confused, I paid $56 back in 2014 sure its AUD but that money could of fueled my car for almost a week and a half, or contributed to my weekly food bill for my family, etc... some are not as first world as others think even tho some in financial limbo live in a "well off country" so to speak, are in fact not so "well off" than others assume, so paying for a DLC isnt very welcoming at all,.. I know I and others do not buy DLC for other games we own,.. heck to be honest I have only bought 5 games all together and not bought any DLC of them that they snuck in afterwards, and I now no longer play those games, DayZ is on a list of 3 games left I play, I only continue to play DayZ from a result of some friends and the actual game loyalty I keep for it, I enjoy the realistic aspect but with the lack of a helpful modding community (that I have experienced) and lack of genuine players its looking dark, well speckely dark in the case of DayZ night effects, I hold a fear that the game will no longer be viable for me and others alike to continue playing amidst influencers talking it up to catch newbies like a fish trap that used to be in the game but now is not, My 3000+ hrs in the game havnt all been spent stupidly looking for PVP servers or to KOS etc,.. they were mostly spent helping others and bonding allies that were also into the immersion aspect of the games essence, Im not one bit embarrassed, Id do it all again the same way if I had the chance, no hesitation. Other people will read this and think,.. "he only has 5 games total and I have 100+" I say good for you, you either have a awesome job that pays you well and allows time to play games or you have "well off" parents that contributed to that amount, that latter Id would be embarrassed of if it were me, while some people wouldnt even comprehend how I reached that notion, and thus sums up the type of person they are in real life. All I can say is I hope they dont kill DayZ for me, I bet others think the same.

3 hours ago, ThePugman said:

That’s up to the server owners. The only obligations BI have are to official servers. Remember those? They still exist! 

A few months ago, they said that “features/content would NOT be locked behind a paywall. If anything they will be released as accompanying updates”. It would be harsh to think that also includes a new terrain.

I don’t really understand this community sometimes. Most people here have an embarrassingly high amount of hours in DayZ. A lot even bought it for the dirt cheap early access price... yet the thought of spending a bit more money on it, drives them into a frenzy.

It’s optional DLC for one of your favourite games... Talk about first world problems... 

HA!

I paid £40 for the game, and it is the worst game I have ever played on PS4, I still cannot believe how badly it runs sometimes. There are GLARING issues which have been there since launch and have not been addressed, and we are four to five months in now.

So they can't fix the game to make it stable for the players who already bought it, but they can put hours and hours of work into a new DLC map (and probably carry all the existing problems into it, and maybe charge you more for the privilege?).

No thanks.

It's ok talking about first world problems, but what about the guys who don't have a great deal of expendable income, and can't buy a new game every month, and bought DayZ in good faith, knowing already about the issues that it has, and just hoping that one day it will run well (which, to be fair, it should be doing by now!).

This DLC is a kick in the teeth if it is paid for.

Edited by Duck Solo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Duck Solo said:

So they can't fix the game to make it stable for the players who already bought it, but they can put hours and hours of work into a new DLC map

Yeah...because you sure wanna let map makers handle bug fixing and stuff. If they think Chernarus+ is pretty much done, what speaks against new projects that actually fall in their scope? Nobody said they will stop bugfixing right now because theres a DLC on the way. Talk about overreaction...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

Yeah...because you sure wanna let map makers handle bug fixing and stuff. If they think Chernarus+ is pretty much done, what speaks against new projects that actually fall in their scope? Nobody said they will stop bugfixing right now because theres a DLC on the way. Talk about overreaction...

Who said anything about that? 

The point is that instead of spending money on map-makers, they should spend the money on more people to do bug fixing, on more people to do optimizing, on more people to basically get the base game to where it should be.

DLC should not be a priority right now, fixing the base game as quickly as possible should be. 

This game on PS4 is literally bleeding players, I see next to no-one during my play sessions now. 

In fact, I can't actually believe that as strict as Sony are, they allowed DayZ to be released as a full game.

Edited by Duck Solo
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

2 minutes ago, Duck Solo said:

DLC should not be a priority right now

It isn't and nobody stated that. There can be different projects parallel to each other and i highly doubt that a "new" map will stop any work the bugfixing dep. is doing. Also i don't know how your country handles things, but usually you can't fire people just because, you make a contract with them for a fixed period of time or open-ended, depending on the know-how. Stop ranting and start thinking.

13 minutes ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

It isn't and nobody stated that. There can be different projects parallel to each other and i highly doubt that a "new" map will stop any work the bugfixing dep. is doing. Also i don't know how your country handles things, but usually you can't fire people just because, you make a contract with them for a fixed period of time or open-ended, depending on the know-how. Stop ranting and start thinking.

I don't understand why you keep quoting things I never said? where did I say anyone should be fired?

I totally agree that projects can run parallel to each other, but it seems that one is moving faster than the other, no? I would much prefer a stable game to a new map.

Anyway, base game should be fixed more quickly, and that is my opinion.

Edited by Duck Solo

I'm quite disappointed of this being a ported map and seeing the same assets all over again.

Please make a new map designed especially for Dayz with completely new assets.

It would be could to have complexes that can be used as bases, like the stadium in Walking dead, a prison, factories, etc.

Also the cities are quite boring to navigate in Dayz, cities are made of small buidings not connected to each other. Big buildings with holes and several entrances, roofs connected to others roofs, shopping malls etc  makes a map much more enjoyable imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Duck Solo said:

where did I say anyone should be fired?

19 minutes ago, Duck Solo said:

The point is that instead of spending money on map-makers...

Unless my understanding of the english language is getting pretty bad lately, this pretty much means they should be fired because they are already part of the company. Anyway, I am with you with fixing stuff.

13 hours ago, valdark said:

I really love all the "feature bloat" you had to cut from the main game showing up in paid DLC which is otherwise just repackaged A2 and A3 assets.   You've really outdone yourselves this time.

The Map/ Terrain is THE ONLY PREMIUM PART everything else is free and will be on Chernarus also Sumrak said that with the DLC update comes a lot of free assets like vines and overgrowth he said hundreds of assets that people can use on their custom maps

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No it will “be available” through the pbo files.    Not as part of Chernarus. 

3 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Is this one of the other regions of Chernarus or completely "new" country? 

Sounds like America to me or Britain.

On a stable branch servers constantly hang, and you want to release DLC. Why buy it? what to watch as servers hang even more? configure first operability of servers, and then sell DLC

• Beans 1

9 hours ago, ThePugman said:

Got to say I find this comment quite insulting. I am sure you never intended it to be, and in isolation there is even some merit in the points you raise, however it's fundamentally ignoring history.

I've never complained about being ripped off, I got a bargain, one of the first who dl'ed SA when it released for a ridiculous £15 or something like that. The game has repaid that outlay many times over. So let's put that argument to one side, the real issue I have and it's one that is likely reflected across the community (at least to an extent) is that we were told in no uncertain terms that parity to previous beta features was to be dropped and that we shouldn't complain because those things were bugged anyway. Now it seems we have the devs working on a paid DLC. To many this will look like dropping what was 'promised' in order to focus on revenue generation.

As i say, actually paying for a DLC is not the issue for me it's the somewhat disingenuous way the community has been treated on this. To ignore the history of the development and the 'promises' made then 'broken' and to assume that is purely down to the price is... well, as I say, a bit insulting.

On the flip side, BI is entitled to release anything they wish and price it according to their whims, the market and game quality will likely be the arbiter there - not a few randoms (of which I count myself amongst) on an Internet forum.

Will Livonia be worth the money? Honestly I have no idea. Bears are an utter irrelevance now hunter/survival aspects have been stripped down - essentially just becoming pointless aggressive cannon fodder and I have no great desire to spend months learning a new map when Chernarus is both varied and large. I really cannot see myself purchasing it.

• Beans 2

So many people asking about this map as if it is new. Devs are even posting screenshots lol. Livonia has been out on Arma 3 for months. The map was created for Arma 3, it has been sold for Arma 3, and now we are being told to buy it again for DayZ. The problem being this isn't like Chernarus, a map that was made for Arma 2 and updated for DayZ and restricted from being ported to Arma 3. Now we have a map designed for Arma 3 being ported to DayZ. It makes me wonder just how much work is being done once then charged for twice.

• Beans 2

This would be sick but they need to fix all the previous bugs first before adding more stuff that will for sure be buggy.......

@rickyriot If they stop adding features, I’ll be angry too (mostly sad, though).

Right now, we don’t know what the long term future will bring. All we know is that we’re getting a premium map. If that map pays for future updates we might not have otherwise got, I’m all for it.

I’m a simple person. I just want DayZ to survive.

When I see people saying they won’t buy it on principle... That worries the hell out of me. It also, feels like people cutting off their nose, to spite their face.

Can someone give me a link where they say that we need to pay for Livonia... again.
As in about everyone everywhere in the dayz-internet moaning... "i won't buy it..."