Man Parts 241

Silencers are #$&+@?!;$&$ pointless!!!

Pissed the fuck off. Wtf is the point of silencers when zombies hear them from fucking pon yonder butt fuck Egypt.

Inb4 lol u died to zombies. No, I didn't. It's just fucking bullshit how they aggro. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

I agree with pistol suppressors but disagree for suppressors for the bigger guns. They are still loud in real life, pistols probably as well but for game play purposes, it doesn't make sense. Why would you bother with a pistol suppressor otherwise. I have always said that gun suppressors should be used for players and pistol suppressors for the infected. Another thing which frustrates me is that when you shoot a mag, the suppressor changes status and they ruin in no time.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

Suppressors do just that.....they SUPPRESS.  They don't silence.....just like in the real world.  What IS bullshit about them is how they get ruined through normal use  The way it should work is once it gets dirty, it can cause your weapon to jam.....just like in the real world.  I hate how they can get ruined so quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, IMT said:

I agree with pistol suppressors but disagree for suppressors for the bigger guns. They are still loud in real life, pistols probably as well but for game play purposes, it doesn't make sense. Why would you bother with a pistol suppressor otherwise. I have always said that gun suppressors should be used for players and pistol suppressors for the infected. Another thing which frustrates me is that when you shoot a mag, the suppressor changes status and they ruin in no time.

Yea, it was a pistol. A friggin 9mm at that.

1 hour ago, Stagman70 said:

Suppressors do just that.....they SUPPRESS.  They don't silence.....just like in the real world.  What IS bullshit about them is how they get ruined through normal use  The way it should work is once it gets dirty, it can cause your weapon to jam.....just like in the real world.  I hate how they can get ruined so quickly.

I understand that. Still bullshit tho. Especially since it was a 9mm and like I said, the zombies that aggro'd were far asf.

As far as the dot, it's also bullshit. Probably the most unrealistic thing in the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

I understand that. Still bullshit tho. Especially since it was a 9mm and like I said, the zombies that aggro'd were far asf.

As far as the dot, it's also bullshit. Probably the most unrealistic thing in the game.

That's why you use a melee weapon on zeds.  Axes and baseball bats work wonders.  Guns should always be a last resort.  Again, in the real world, suppressors are used to mask your location, and not the sound.  Granted, zeds are a little too "smart" to be able to pinpoint your location.  They need to be dumbed down a little more.

Edited by Stagman70
  • Like 1

I used a silenced fx to take out a zed that had spotted me. I was inside a mili tent and he was outside. The nearest zed was approx 10 meters away and he didn't aggro. This was a pristine suppressor. Was yours worn? 

I've noticed the the plastic bottle suppressors don't suppress the sound worth a damn, even a fresh one... 

29 minutes ago, Thunderpants_AU said:

I used a silenced fx to take out a zed that had spotted me. I was inside a mili tent and he was outside. The nearest zed was approx 10 meters away and he didn't aggro. This was a pristine suppressor. Was yours worn? 

I've noticed the the plastic bottle suppressors don't suppress the sound worth a damn, even a fresh one... 

Yeah, my suppressor is working OK. Only seems to aggro infected of I miss with a shot. 

2 hours ago, Thunderpants_AU said:

The only thing I've noticed with the bottle suppressor is that it makes you look like a bloody bumpercar/dodgem 😂

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

That's why you use a melee weapon on zeds.  Axes and baseball bats work wonders.  Guns should always be a last resort.  Again, in the real world, suppressors are used to mask your location, and not the sound.  Granted, zeds are a little too "smart" to be able to pinpoint your location.  They need to be dumbed down a little more.

I just find a car to stand on, shoot one zombie, the rest come running. And they cant hit you if you're standing on a car

8 hours ago, Thunderpants_AU said:

It was pristine. First time I used it.

So far, I have had positive experiences with Suppressors (not silencers) due to my realistic expectations.  Suppressors only reduce 15-35% of audible gun noise, that's a personal ball-park estimate.  I have found that shooting from inside a building creates a natural suppression for gun sound whether you use a suppressor or not.  They ruin too quickly from over-heating.  If you shoot with an automatic rate or in very quick succession with a semi-auto, the suppressor gets toasted.  However, I have had excellent longevity from only firing off 1-3 rounds and taking time between infected kills.  You should be allowed to repair them with a gun cleaning kit. Anyone try that yet?  I have not had a chance.

Edited by EzyStriderPS4

1 hour ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

You should be allowed to repair them with a gun cleaning kit

Yes, that works. Also duct tape works too. 

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

So far, I have had positive experiences with Suppressors (not silencers) due to my realistic expectations.  Suppressors only reduce 15-35% of audible gun noise, that's a personal ball-park estimate.  I have found that shooting from inside a building creates a natural suppression for gun sound whether you use a suppressor or not.  They ruin too quickly from over-heating.  If you shoot with an automatic rate or in very quick succession with a semi-auto, the suppressor gets toasted.  However, I have had excellent longevity from only firing off 1-3 rounds and taking time between infected kills.  You should be allowed to repair them with a gun cleaning kit. Anyone try that yet?  I have not had a chance.

in my experience, shooting from inside a building or tent is worse than open air, the zombies come running from miles away

All in all it makes no sense and is unrealistic.

Zombies are decaying walking bodies but somehow they have 20/20 vision, night vision, and Superman hearing.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

9 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Zombies

*Infected, not zombies. As I said somewhere in another thread, look at them like 28 days/weeks later infected. Those were pretty good, too, but in DayZ their vision and hearing is not very good. Just duck and everything will be fine, you can duck-run 5m in front of them and they wont notice.

Also, realistic? I mean yea, when looking outside I can see some zombie-like creatures lurking around from time to time, but I think the whole _game_ is far from being realistic. Authenticity may be more fitting.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

*Infected, not zombies. As I said somewhere in another thread, look at them like 28 days/weeks later infected. Those were pretty good, too, but in DayZ their vision and hearing is not very good. Just duck and everything will be fine, you can duck-run 5m in front of them and they wont notice.

Also, realistic? I mean yea, when looking outside I can see some zombie-like creatures lurking around from time to time, but I think the whole _game_ is far from being realistic. Authenticity may be more fitting.

It's DayZ. Not DayI. Just saying...

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

23 hours ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

Suppressors reduce sound no doubt.

But it depends on the type of suppressor, how it's made and the cartridge/caliber that you use. 

I have heard 45s that sound more like 22s and I've heard suppressors that reduce little sound. Lots of variables with suppressors

• Beans 1

23 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

It's DayZ. Not DayI. Just saying... 

The post-soviet country of Chernarus is struck by an unknown virus, turning the majority population into frenzied infected. Fighting over resources has bred a hostile mentality among survivors, driving what’s left of humanity to collapse. You are one of the few immune to the virus - how far will you go to survive?

-> https://www.bohemia.net/games/dayz

You were saying...?

Oh and btw, sorry i cant really condribute to the whole supressor stuff. Haven't found any on vanilla yet and modded stuff wouldn't help much in the discussion i guess.

Edited by MaVerick_GDZ

3 hours ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

-> https://www.bohemia.net/games/dayz

You were saying...?

Oh and btw, sorry i cant really condribute to the whole supressor stuff. Haven't found any on vanilla yet and modded stuff wouldn't help much in the discussion i guess.

Just another great example of how bad BI is at game development lol. Can't even get their title right.

• Beans 1

Z can also stand for Zero, like patient zero or day zero, where it all began. Let your imagination flow. Anyway, this is getting a tad bit too off topic, don't ya think?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

Z can also stand for Zero, like patient zero or day zero, where it all began. Let your imagination flow. Anyway, this is getting a tad bit too off topic, don't ya think?

The Z does in fact stand for Zero and not Zombie(s).

What I think would be cool, is if you could get sub-sonic ammunition.   Sub-sonic rounds would not aggro zombies if used with a suppressor.   Super sonic rounds used with a suppressor would be quieter, but would still aggro zombies.   

And yea, remove the ability for them to be damaged after one magazine or less.  

On 9/10/2019 at 5:25 PM, Man Parts 241 said:

Pissed the fuck off. Wtf is the point of silencers when zombies hear them from fucking pon yonder butt fuck Egypt.

Inb4 lol u died to zombies. No, I didn't. It's just fucking bullshit how they aggro. 

So a gun not suppressed a player can hear 3.5k away. Suppressed it's like 1k away BIG difference. The VSS is the only gun that works like the Suppressor use to when shooting by Z's.